independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Batman SDE will be released in 2022
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/26/20 10:46am

RODSERLING

Batman SDE will be released in 2022

Now that Michael Keaton is reprising his Bruce Wayne/Batman roles in The Flash to be released in 2022, and the next DC movies, it is highly likely WB will re release the album in Super deluxe edition.
.
The hype will sure be there.
.
2021 : Parade SDE
2022 : Batman SDE
2023 : Graffiti Bridge SDE
2024 : Purple Rain SDE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/26/20 10:47am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Where's the link??? hmmm No linkie no threadie

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/26/20 11:43am

feeluupp

lockdance

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/26/20 11:45am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Zero chance



EDIT


I do think we will get a Parade SD next (of the SD not necessarly the next release)

I do think we will get another Purple Rain set...

I do not think we will get GB or Batman...SD ever.

After Parade and other than PR I doubt we will get more that 2 more SD sets.

[Edited 6/26/20 11:49am]

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/26/20 12:00pm

Rimshottbob

Ah, screw this thread, man!!!!

WILD conjecture and wishing, based on nothing!

Not even sensible speculation.

LOCK LOCK LOCK

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/26/20 12:00pm

feeluupp

Remember when ROD said in 2014 Prince would never be on the Billboard 200 ever again lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/26/20 2:08pm

Phase3

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Zero chance




EDIT



I do think we will get a Parade SD next (of the SD not necessarly the next release)

I do think we will get another Purple Rain set...

I do not think we will get GB or Batman...SD ever.

After Parade and other than PR I doubt we will get more that 2 more SD sets.

[Edited 6/26/20 11:49am]


Isnt the Batman album one of Prince's best selling CDs? I don't see why there wouldn't be a special edition.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/26/20 2:10pm

RODSERLING

feeluupp said:

Remember when ROD said in 2014 Prince would never be on the Billboard 200 ever again lol



In his lifetime, for the 1000th time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/26/20 2:12pm

TwiliteKid

avatar

feeluupp said:

Remember when ROD said in 2014 Prince would never be on the Billboard 200 ever again lol



I do! I believe he also said that the poor sales of AOA would be the end of physical Prince releases, and he has more than once declared that we wouldn’t see any more reissues due to his own sense of what sales should be. Dude is fucking clueless.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/26/20 2:14pm

RODSERLING

luv4u said:

Where's the link??? hmmm No linkie no threadie



Lol there are hundreds useless thread here that are 1000% pure speculation or fantasies. Why don't you close them?
.
Now that WB can only re release his soundtracks, there are not so many choices anymore to do a SDE.
.
Michael Keaton's Batman will be hype again in 2022, all around the world,and that will make great publicity to the Tim Burton's movies and to the soundtrack.
.
And maybe, maybe, WB will use an unreleased Prince song intented for the first movie in The Flash movie ( even in a remixed form).
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/26/20 2:21pm

RODSERLING

TwiliteKid said:

feeluupp said:

Remember when ROD said in 2014 Prince would never be on the Billboard 200 ever again lol



I do! I believe he also said that the poor sales of AOA would be the end of physical Prince releases, and he has more than once declared that we wouldn’t see any more reissues due to his own sense of what sales should be. Dude is fucking clueless.


Except the hit and run releases hardly made the top 100.
I couldn't predict Prince s death, I m sorry,
.
Prince alive, his sales would have been worst and worst, every body knows it...Hit and run 2 didn't make the top 200 until his death.
.
In 2014 Billboard changed the rules with the streaming, preventing old artists such as Prince to hit the first positions, even if they hit it on sales.
.
So I was right, Prince alive couldn't make the Billboard 200, it was a bold and shocking statement that proved to be true.
.
And now none even one of the Sony reissues made the top 200
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/26/20 3:17pm

feeluupp

RODSERLING said:

TwiliteKid said:
I do! I believe he also said that the poor sales of AOA would be the end of physical Prince releases, and he has more than once declared that we wouldn’t see any more reissues due to his own sense of what sales should be. Dude is fucking clueless.
Except the hit and run releases hardly made the top 100. I couldn't predict Prince s death, I m sorry, . Prince alive, his sales would have been worst and worst, every body knows it...Hit and run 2 didn't make the top 200 until his death. . In 2014 Billboard changed the rules with the streaming, preventing old artists such as Prince to hit the first positions, even if they hit it on sales. . So I was right, Prince alive couldn't make the Billboard 200, it was a bold and shocking statement that proved to be true. . And now none even one of the Sony reissues made the top 200

So the hitnrun releases made the top 100 when he was alive yet you just said Prince alive can't make the billboard 200... nutso

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/26/20 3:20pm

LoveGalore

Rod also said both the 1999 SDE and SOTT SDE don't have much remarkable material on them.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/26/20 3:25pm

RODSERLING

feeluupp said:



RODSERLING said:


TwiliteKid said:
I do! I believe he also said that the poor sales of AOA would be the end of physical Prince releases, and he has more than once declared that we wouldn’t see any more reissues due to his own sense of what sales should be. Dude is fucking clueless.

Except the hit and run releases hardly made the top 100. I couldn't predict Prince s death, I m sorry, . Prince alive, his sales would have been worst and worst, every body knows it...Hit and run 2 didn't make the top 200 until his death. . In 2014 Billboard changed the rules with the streaming, preventing old artists such as Prince to hit the first positions, even if they hit it on sales. . So I was right, Prince alive couldn't make the Billboard 200, it was a bold and shocking statement that proved to be true. . And now none even one of the Sony reissues made the top 200


So the hitnrun releases made the top 100 when he was alive yet you just said Prince alive can't make the billboard 200... nutso



Lol he barely made the top 100, and that was a great achievement for you?
Great. He had two top ten albums the year before, can't you see a slight difference?

And the next one didn't make the top 200.
.

And no other new Prince release s would have made the top 200, him alive.
.
So when I made this bold assertion to shock everyone here and make the orgers conscious of the new Billboard rules, nobody here and surely not you could have imagined I was so close to the truth.
.
Now that he s dead, the estate doesn't care about releasing HNR3 or recent material,only the 80's stuff. I wonder why...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/26/20 3:26pm

feeluupp

LoveGalore said:

Rod also said both the 1999 SDE and SOTT SDE don't have much remarkable material on them.

He also said due to the dissapointing sales of PR Deluxe there would not be a 1999 Deluxe...

He says a lot, when he gets called out for being wrong or misleading he starts throwing a tantrum, calling people names, etc..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/26/20 3:26pm

feeluupp

RODSERLING said:

feeluupp said:

So the hitnrun releases made the top 100 when he was alive yet you just said Prince alive can't make the billboard 200... nutso

Lol he barely made the top 100, and that was a great achievement for you? Great. He had two top ten albums the year before, can't you see a slight difference? And the next one didn't make the top 200. . And no other new Prince release s would have made the top 200, him alive. . So when I made this bold assertion to shock everyone here and make the orgers conscious of the new Billboard rules, nobody here and surely not you could have imagined I was so close to the truth. . Now that he s dead, the estate doesn't care about releasing HNR3 or recent material,only the 80's stuff. I wonder why...

But he DID make the TOP 100.

You said he wouldn't make Billboard 200.

So you were WRONG.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/26/20 3:38pm

RODSERLING

LoveGalore said:

Rod also said both the 1999 SDE and SOTT SDE don't have much remarkable material on them.



I said I enjoyed very much the material overall, but objectively there us nothing new and striking in it.
.
Nothing better than what was on the original albums, besides 3/4 tracks in each CDs.
.
Prince thought the same way too, so I m not alone thinking that.
.
But I still listen to it dozen of times because it sounds fresh to my ears.
.
In 1999 deluxe, there are too many rockabilly clones of Hornytoad or Delirious, which are both unbearable.
The 6 min version of delirious was terrible.
Posessed was already boring in PR deluxe, the 1999 version was just worst.
.
But I loved Rearrange and Do your self a favor, even if one is a rehashing of Lady Cab Driver, and the other a cover. If it ll make you happy was the real song that sounded like something new.
.
And, again, I enjoyed both deluxe edition.
.
Only fanboys can't understand that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/26/20 3:39pm

RODSERLING

feeluupp said:



RODSERLING said:


feeluupp said:



So the hitnrun releases made the top 100 when he was alive yet you just said Prince alive can't make the billboard 200... nutso



Lol he barely made the top 100, and that was a great achievement for you? Great. He had two top ten albums the year before, can't you see a slight difference? And the next one didn't make the top 200. . And no other new Prince release s would have made the top 200, him alive. . So when I made this bold assertion to shock everyone here and make the orgers conscious of the new Billboard rules, nobody here and surely not you could have imagined I was so close to the truth. . Now that he s dead, the estate doesn't care about releasing HNR3 or recent material,only the 80's stuff. I wonder why...


But he DID make the TOP 100.



You said he wouldn't make Billboard 200.



So you were WRONG.


Get a life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/26/20 3:56pm

feeluupp

RODSERLING said:

feeluupp said:

But he DID make the TOP 100.

You said he wouldn't make Billboard 200.

So you were WRONG.

Get a life

So you were wrong once again, and everytime someone points out your false statements and predictions you end up getting defensive and throw insults.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/26/20 4:19pm

renfield

avatar

Streaming being added to the Billboard 200 definitely would have hurt Prince were he still alive. BUT...older artists get high first week positions, sometimes even hitting number one, thanks to album bundles where they tie sales of their new albums to concert tickets (similar to what Prince did with "Musicology"). That's how Kenny Chesney recently edged Drake's 'Dark Lane Demo Tapes' out of the top spot. Were Prince still alive he would still be touring, and if he were so inclined to do a bundle he would regularly be hitting the top ten still (even if the album would plunge in its second week).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/26/20 4:19pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Can't we all just get along?
The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/26/20 4:56pm

VaultCurator

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I do not think we will get GB or Batman...SD ever.


Hi OnlyNDaUSA,


I wouldn’t be so sure about Graffiti Bridge. I have a hunch WB have plans for GB at some point.
Note how the ‘86 versions of ‘Girl O’ My Dreams’, ‘Can’t Stop This Feeling I Got’ and ‘We Can Funk’ were not included on SOTT, despite these being recorded in the same era. As was the unsegued ‘Joy in Repetition’.

Also the Graffiti Bridge project does have one major outtake that I’m convinced would make a Super Deluxe highly sought after. ‘The Grand Progression’. It would also be a good opportunity to bundle in a concert recording of the Nude Tour.

I remember reading a post on here from Neversin a while back (which I’ll have to paraphrase as I can’t find the exact post), where he mentioned that GB had a fascinating development and the depth of material recorded is deeper than we all realise. (I’m pretty I’m remembering that correctly, although he’s welcome to correct me if I’m wrong.)

Had Warner Brothers retained the rights to publish all of the pre ‘95 albums then I’m sure a Graffiti Bridge Super Deluxe wouldn’t have been a high priority at all. But given the limited options they have now, I reckon they’ll seriously consider some sort of expanded Graffiti Bridge release, be it a fully fledged Super Deluxe or not.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/26/20 5:09pm

VaultCurator

avatar

As for a Batman Super Deluxe? Not impossible, but far less likely.

For a start, there were next to no live performances between Lovesexy and the Nude Tour, so that’s the live discs made redundant.

Also, Batman was a very quick project that borrowed heavily from other interesting projects he had going for him at the time (ie Rave ‘89 and the songs he wrote as gifts for Anna Fantastic).

Personally I would love to see an album released that showcases what Prince was recording during this time, but from a marketing point of view it would probably be for the best to avoid the Batman branding. Include songs like ‘Dance With The Devil’ by all means, but it doesn’t strictly need to be a Batman album.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/26/20 5:41pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

RODSERLING said:

TwiliteKid said:
I do! I believe he also said that the poor sales of AOA would be the end of physical Prince releases, and he has more than once declared that we wouldn’t see any more reissues due to his own sense of what sales should be. Dude is fucking clueless.
Except the hit and run releases hardly made the top 100. I couldn't predict Prince s death, I m sorry, . Prince alive, his sales would have been worst and worst, every body knows it...Hit and run 2 didn't make the top 200 until his death. . In 2014 Billboard changed the rules with the streaming, preventing old artists such as Prince to hit the first positions, even if they hit it on sales. . So I was right, Prince alive couldn't make the Billboard 200, it was a bold and shocking statement that proved to be true. . And now none even one of the Sony reissues made the top 200

STILL Prince(r.i.p.) made FAR much more money after he left WBR as an independent artist & transitioned with $50 million left in cash. Which is all that really counts.

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye feel that we're on the brink of something. It is going 2 B strict and wild and pretty" prince 1986
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/26/20 5:42pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RODSERLING said:

Now that Michael Keaton is reprising his Bruce Wayne/Batman roles in The Flash to be released in 2022, and the next DC movies, it is highly likely WB will re release the album in Super deluxe edition. . The hype will sure be there. . 2021 : Parade SDE 2022 : Batman SDE 2023 : Graffiti Bridge SDE 2024 : Purple Rain SDE

ok ok I did read about Michael Keaton, he is a Prince fan

hmmmmm

lets get link info posted

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/26/20 5:53pm

Milty2

Who is Rod?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/26/20 6:50pm

Phase3

Milty2 said:

Who is Rod?


I think they are talking about Rod Stewart
[Edited 6/26/20 18:51pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/26/20 9:50pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

RODSERLING said:

Now that Michael Keaton is reprising his Bruce Wayne/Batman roles in The Flash to be released in 2022, and the next DC movies, it is highly likely WB will re release the album in Super deluxe edition. . The hype will sure be there. . 2021 : Parade SDE 2022 : Batman SDE 2023 : Graffiti Bridge SDE 2024 : Purple Rain SDE


Absolutely bullshit.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/26/20 11:45pm

massing

VaultCurator said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I do not think we will get GB or Batman...SD ever.


Hi OnlyNDaUSA,


I wouldn’t be so sure about Graffiti Bridge. I have a hunch WB have plans for GB at some point.
Note how the ‘86 versions of ‘Girl O’ My Dreams’, ‘Can’t Stop This Feeling I Got’ and ‘We Can Funk’ were not included on SOTT, despite these being recorded in the same era. As was the unsegued ‘Joy in Repetition’.

Also the Graffiti Bridge project does have one major outtake that I’m convinced would make a Super Deluxe highly sought after. ‘The Grand Progression’. It would also be a good opportunity to bundle in a concert recording of the Nude Tour.

I remember reading a post on here from Neversin a while back (which I’ll have to paraphrase as I can’t find the exact post), where he mentioned that GB had a fascinating development and the depth of material recorded is deeper than we all realise. (I’m pretty I’m remembering that correctly, although he’s welcome to correct me if I’m wrong.)

Had Warner Brothers retained the rights to publish all of the pre ‘95 albums then I’m sure a Graffiti Bridge Super Deluxe wouldn’t have been a high priority at all. But given the limited options they have now, I reckon they’ll seriously consider some sort of expanded Graffiti Bridge release, be it a fully fledged Super Deluxe or not.

Completely agree with every word of this. And as much as I dislike GB, I think this could be a really must-have set for the bonus content alone.

I'm kind of surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. Maybe it's being allowed to continue purely for the comedy value?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/27/20 12:08am

RODSERLING

VaultCurator said:

As for a Batman Super Deluxe? Not impossible, but far less likely.

For a start, there were next to no live performances between Lovesexy and the Nude Tour, so that’s the live discs made redundant.

Also, Batman was a very quick project that borrowed heavily from other interesting projects he had going for him at the time (ie Rave ‘89 and the songs he wrote as gifts for Anna Fantastic).

Personally I would love to see an album released that showcases what Prince was recording during this time, but from a marketing point of view it would probably be for the best to avoid the Batman branding. Include songs like ‘Dance With The Devil’ by all means, but it doesn’t strictly need to be a Batman album.



Im not a specIalist of the vault, but they could include anything from spring 1988 to the end of the promo.
By the way, the bsides/ edits material would take at least two discs here.
And then, one disc of unreleased material ( at least)
For a change they could include for the dvd the music videos remastered and the live tv performances.
That would make already 5/6 discs, already way too much to sell it at a correct price.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Batman SDE will be released in 2022