independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Latest updates about the book "Prince: The Audio Experience"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/04/20 4:36pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

Latest updates about the book "Prince: The Audio Experience"

The author(s) of the upcoming(?) book "Prince: The Audio Experience" has/have posted some updates @ https://www.facebook.com/...yspoplife/ :

.
- https://www.facebook.com/...207210458/ : sheet music for a previously unknown Prince song which was called "My Eyes Are Open"

.
- They've got a new website: https://theaudioexperience.online/ (which seems to claim the book will be published in about a month)

.
- https://www.facebook.com/...547412324/ : They claim to have "recently purchased 13 DAT cassettes of unreleased material which we hope to include, fans of the Vault will enjoy reading about some of the purchases made and revelations about some unreleased material"

.
Note that these are their first updates since 31 August 2019.

.
Previous threads: https://prince.org/msg/7/461966 + https://prince.org/msg/7/460539 + https://prince.org/msg/7/459316 Please read these and consider their contents before giving these people money. I cannot stress this enough: BUYER BEWARE.

.
This book was previously known as "Prince: His Majesty's Pop Life: Volume 1: The Audio Experience".

.

[Edited 4/4/20 16:39pm]

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/04/20 4:47pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

Here's where they got that sheet music for "My Eyes Are Open": https://www.juliensauctio...g-book/58/

.

https://www.julienslive.c...lot/102101

.

Looks like this wasn't even discussed on the Org. PV doesn't mention it.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/07/20 1:33pm

Freek99999

thanks a lot for the update! I actually forgot about this book, although I was intrigued when the previous updates on it were being publicised

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/07/20 1:47pm

databank

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

Here's where they got that sheet music for "My Eyes Are Open": https://www.juliensauctio...g-book/58/

.

https://www.julienslive.c...lot/102101

.

Looks like this wasn't even discussed on the Org. PV doesn't mention it.

It was discussed, either a fake or, at the very least, not handwritten by P. Another reason to be cautious about this book sad

https://prince.org/msg/7/462784

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/07/20 3:32pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

databank said:

BartVanHemelen said:

Here's where they got that sheet music for "My Eyes Are Open": https://www.juliensauctio...g-book/58/

.

https://www.julienslive.c...lot/102101

.

Looks like this wasn't even discussed on the Org. PV doesn't mention it.

It was discussed

.

Look at that thread's ID and then this thread's ID.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/08/20 6:08am

databank

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:



databank said:




BartVanHemelen said:


Here's where they got that sheet music for "My Eyes Are Open": https://www.juliensauctio...g-book/58/


.


https://www.julienslive.c...lot/102101


.


Looks like this wasn't even discussed on the Org. PV doesn't mention it.



It was discussed



.


Look at that thread's ID and then this thread's ID.


Oh lol you were the OP on both. I hadn't realized, sorry lol
A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Latest updates about the book "Prince: The Audio Experience"