independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Nov 2019 12:28am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Suggestions for future Legacy reissues?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/20/19 7:57pm

AaronReturn200
5

Suggestions for future Legacy reissues?

I'd like to see The Rainbow Childern reissued as part of the fourth batch, can't decide on the other albums (although Crystal Ball needs one).

If they didn't issue The Gold Experience as part of the third batch, maybe they're saving it for a Super Deluxe Edition (although I have doubts about this, specifally if TMBGITW and its remixes are included but not downloadable digitally).

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/20/19 8:52pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

In reality, the majority of these Legacy issues are money grabs, IMO. It's a schtick that everyone seems to be willing to let Legacy cash in with. And while it's possibly interesting to have Versace or Emancipation on vinyl, to have most of this stuff on purple vinyl for the sake of it in pointless.

I'd much rather spend my money on the stuff coming that is remastered and expanded. I have Rave on vinyl. But I don't have 1999 with 60+ tracks, and a DVD. That's worth my money for a CD set.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/20/19 9:35pm

coldasice

TrivialPursuit said:

In reality, the majority of these Legacy issues are money grabs, IMO. It's a schtick that everyone seems to be willing to let Legacy cash in with. And while it's possibly interesting to have Versace or Emancipation on vinyl, to have most of this stuff on purple vinyl for the sake of it in pointless.

I'd much rather spend my money on the stuff coming that is remastered and expanded. I have Rave on vinyl. But I don't have 1999 with 60+ tracks, and a DVD. That's worth my money for a CD set.


Believe it or not...some new fans need these without going broke. Is there really such thing as a cash grab? If you have it don’t buy it for new packaging. 😘
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/20/19 10:05pm

udo

avatar

Why be so selective?

Why be so restrained?

I want all of it.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/20/19 11:51pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

coldasice said:

TrivialPursuit said:

In reality, the majority of these Legacy issues are money grabs, IMO. It's a schtick that everyone seems to be willing to let Legacy cash in with. And while it's possibly interesting to have Versace or Emancipation on vinyl, to have most of this stuff on purple vinyl for the sake of it in pointless.

I'd much rather spend my money on the stuff coming that is remastered and expanded. I have Rave on vinyl. But I don't have 1999 with 60+ tracks, and a DVD. That's worth my money for a CD set.


Believe it or not...some new fans need these without going broke. Is there really such thing as a cash grab? If you have it don’t buy it for new packaging. 😘


The pricing of the reissues certainly says "cash grab" to me. In Tower Records here in Dublin, they're priced at €40. €15 above the price of the average new release on vinyl. Even The awful Versace Experience is €40.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/21/19 12:15am

ChickenMcNugge
ts

avatar

I’m waiting for TGE, Come and the Black Album, but it looks like none of those will be out anytime soon, if I’ve understood the Sony contract and other circumstances right.

So yeah, I’m otherwise kinda indifferent about what comes next. I’ve got pretty much everything else on vinyl that I’d *really* want to have.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/21/19 12:22am

andrewm7

reissuing the Gold Experience is particularly fraught with that Italian copyright case, I dont think anyone would be game to touch it until that has run its course and it could easily take years.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/21/19 3:34am

Romeoblu

I'm hoping for The Rainbow Children and The Vault Old Friends 4 Sale soon on vinyl.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/21/19 4:35am

Scrivello

Romeoblu said:

I'm hoping for The Rainbow Children and The Vault Old Friends 4 Sale soon on vinyl.

I for one would be very interested in The Vault Old Friends For Sale. Much Underappreciated and also, is anyone else as bugged about the glitch in the snare drum fill at the start of '5 Women' on the CD version? Long overdue a fix!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/21/19 2:59pm

bluefish

avatar

I hope The Rainbow Children is next!

‎https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvmsrcg1qD_wVuS4qnopmQg
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/21/19 5:28pm

AaronReturn200
5

From the same era, the Chocolate Invasion set (recreated as it never got released but all the content is accessible), One Nite Alone and N.E.W.S. should be reissued.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/21/19 11:05pm

VaultCurator

avatar

I've not bought any of the Legacy albums yet as I still own all the original CDs (aside from TVE which was a dreadful release IMO).

.
However I'd love to buy official CDs of Chocolate Invasion, Slaughterhouse and Xpectation. I love the 'High' era stuff. I think these were the best tracks he recorded after leaving Warner. Xpectation is beautiful to. It's my go to chill out album.

.
Also, not being a member of NPGMC, I never got a chance to buy the One Nite Alone piano CD.

.
I've bought all of the above from the Tidal store which I'm extremely grateful for but CD copies for my collection would be lovely additions.

RIP EXTRALOVEABLE!!! sad
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Suggestions for future Legacy reissues?