independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Nov 2019 9:25pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 09/15/19 6:36am

Sexybeast

avatar

Mumio said:

Sexybeast said:

Mumio, had the best response on this Prince.org in a while. The Estate is a bunch lawyers, not the Nelson Family Heirs. Unfortuntely from the responses your read on the many of the posts bepeople think "The Prince Estate" is the Nelson Family Heirs, Tyka and the other family members.

Prince.org and the moderators should do a better jobs of NOT perpetuating this false narritive. Just say the "The Estate" or "The Prince Estate" is a bunch of lawyers and accountants, lets call them out by their name and law firm, if we know. Also moderators clarify in the titles of these discussion posts the Nelson Family has little to do with the Estate and their decisions.

Mumio said it best, and I agree, we as fans are being mis-informed about everything. All the money is going to some Law Firms (Bremer Trust, then Comica), appointed by a Judge, The lawyers have charged and collected over 20 Million US dollars. Prince.org should make clear whom is making money on everything since Prince passing. it is not the Nelson Family or Heirs. Do the Nelson Family even have any say on what is currently going on with the music that is being released and the profits from it?

I don't think the org (nor the mods) is the reason why things aren't presented correctly, it's people's interpretation from what they hear from others usually...and many times that info is wrong from the start. It would be nice if the media would get things right in the first place but we know how THAT goes lol

Now I have to make a correction to what I said too: the heirs do have some minor say in what goes on with some stuff, but final say is with the court while the estate is still in probate. They have so little say that I didn't even consider it worth mentioning in my original comment, but should have.



[Edited 8/31/19 6:55am]

All the Releases (vinyl,cd, paisley park tours) money is going into Comerica bank lawyers and CEO pockets. Over 45 million and counting. That is clear by the lawsuits. The Heirs do not have control over the estate nor does Tyka an Sharon. Prince Estate is a myth, its really Comerica Bank Trust, renamed to fool fans like me you and Prince.Org. Prince.org moderators should tell the truth Comerica Bank Trust is cashing in by running a profitable enterprice without settling?

Lets all wake up! Since when does a death probate trust have the right to run a Profitable enterprise? Think about it Comerica Bank Trust was created to complete a death probate trust? Now they are running some million dollar, profitable congolmerate as a side business?

Henry H. 0+> Fan From Virginia
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 09/15/19 6:43am

Sexybeast

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PennyPurple said:

We are over 3 years and over 22 Estate threads, I think we know that the Estate is making most of the decisions, but the heirs also are making some decisions. The heirs don't make the best decisions, they are all ready in debt from borrowing money that they don't even have yet. You've got a few who are already talking to outside lawyers who some of the heirs gave confidential info too, who are now being sued, which of course up the $$ for even more legal fees.


So it's not very smart for them to borrow money on the money they haven't recieved yet, if they ever get it.

All true words by Penny. P's estate involves complex legal matters. Mumio never said we were being misinformed. We have made it very clear on the estate thread as to what is going on with the estate and how decisions are being made.

Comerica Bank Trust should not be running some profitble enterprise , selling LP, CDs and commericial time. They should be setting the death estate, like they were hired to do. Instead they want fool fans. They renamed themselves as Prince Estate (really Comerica Bank Trust), to fool fans thinking it has do with Prince (and the Heirs), it does not.

Prince org moderators should be clear where money was going. When Prince was alive we know releases came from him, Prince.

The Heirs have right to borrrow money, because Alfred was rightful inheritor. The Comerica Bank and judge want to prolong this thing for years.

Henry H. 0+> Fan From Virginia
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 09/15/19 8:52am

PennyPurple

avatar

Sexybeast said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PennyPurple said: All true words by Penny. P's estate involves complex legal matters. Mumio never said we were being misinformed. We have made it very clear on the estate thread as to what is going on with the estate and how decisions are being made.

Comerica Bank Trust should not be running some profitble enterprise , selling LP, CDs and commericial time. They should be setting the death estate, like they were hired to do. Instead they want fool fans. They renamed themselves as Prince Estate (really Comerica Bank Trust), to fool fans thinking it has do with Prince (and the Heirs), it does not.

Prince org moderators should be clear where money was going. When Prince was alive we know releases came from him, Prince.

The Heirs have right to borrrow money, because Alfred was rightful inheritor. The Comerica Bank and judge want to prolong this thing for years.

Co-America was appointed to settle the Estate. It is called 'The Estate' because that is what it is. The Estate of Prince Nelson. Co-America represents Prince's Estate.


Co-America is making the main decisions to bring the most money into the Estate as it possibly can.

Most of us know that when we buy the release's that it is going to the Estate in some shape or form.


The main goal is to get it settled and as profitable as it can be.


Yes there are many $$'s going into the legal fees, but the heirs haven't acted very responsibly to try to get this settled. You have some, that it looks as if they are wanting to liquidate and therefore have done things that they weren't supposed to do, which in turn only causes more legal fees and longer to get the Estate settled.


It is your opinion that Co-America and the Judge wants to prolong it for years, but that probably isn't a fact. The Judge isn't making any extra money off of this and probably is tired of it too.


Personally, I will continue to support the Estate by buying the items they are putting out, in hopes that they stay afloat and continue to keep Prince's legacy alive for the next generation.


I don't think James Brown's Estate has been settled either and look how many years that has been going on.

Look at Aretha's Estate, they are running into problems also.


Alfred borrowed somewhere around $600K . I don't know the law but I imagine when the Estate is settled that it will have to pay that $600K back.



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 09/16/19 10:31am

laytonian

PennyPurple said:

Sexybeast said:

Comerica Bank Trust should not be running some profitble enterprise , selling LP, CDs and commericial time. They should be setting the death estate, like they were hired to do. Instead they want fool fans. They renamed themselves as Prince Estate (really Comerica Bank Trust), to fool fans thinking it has do with Prince (and the Heirs), it does not.

Prince org moderators should be clear where money was going. When Prince was alive we know releases came from him, Prince.

The Heirs have right to borrrow money, because Alfred was rightful inheritor. The Comerica Bank and judge want to prolong this thing for years.

Co-America was appointed to settle the Estate. It is called 'The Estate' because that is what it is. The Estate of Prince Nelson. Co-America represents Prince's Estate.


Co-America is making the main decisions to bring the most money into the Estate as it possibly can.

Most of us know that when we buy the release's that it is going to the Estate in some shape or form.


The main goal is to get it settled and as profitable as it can be.


Yes there are many $$'s going into the legal fees, but the heirs haven't acted very responsibly to try to get this settled. You have some, that it looks as if they are wanting to liquidate and therefore have done things that they weren't supposed to do, which in turn only causes more legal fees and longer to get the Estate settled.


It is your opinion that Co-America and the Judge wants to prolong it for years, but that probably isn't a fact. The Judge isn't making any extra money off of this and probably is tired of it too.


Personally, I will continue to support the Estate by buying the items they are putting out, in hopes that they stay afloat and continue to keep Prince's legacy alive for the next generation.


I don't think James Brown's Estate has been settled either and look how many years that has been going on.

Look at Aretha's Estate, they are running into problems also.


Alfred borrowed somewhere around $600K . I don't know the law but I imagine when the Estate is settled that it will have to pay that $600K back.




Don't forget the huge tax bill that's due. The total value of the estate, between Federal and Minnesota estate taxes, will be taxed at 51%.
Prince was wealthy but didn't leave $51 to $153 million in cash to pay those taxes. Therefore, the profit-making goes to clear taxes.

None of the heirs will inherit until the tax bill is cleared.

Frankly, I think Comerica is doing a grand job and i fear what will happen when the Greedheirs take over. Who will they cash out to?

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 09/16/19 2:55pm

muchtoofast

avatar

PennyPurple said:



Sexybeast said:




ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:


PennyPurple said: All true words by Penny. P's estate involves complex legal matters. Mumio never said we were being misinformed. We have made it very clear on the estate thread as to what is going on with the estate and how decisions are being made.



Comerica Bank Trust should not be running some profitble enterprise , selling LP, CDs and commericial time. They should be setting the death estate, like they were hired to do. Instead they want fool fans. They renamed themselves as Prince Estate (really Comerica Bank Trust), to fool fans thinking it has do with Prince (and the Heirs), it does not.



Prince org moderators should be clear where money was going. When Prince was alive we know releases came from him, Prince.



The Heirs have right to borrrow money, because Alfred was rightful inheritor. The Comerica Bank and judge want to prolong this thing for years.



Co-America was appointed to settle the Estate. It is called 'The Estate' because that is what it is. The Estate of Prince Nelson. Co-America represents Prince's Estate.



Co-America is making the main decisions to bring the most money into the Estate as it possibly can.


Most of us know that when we buy the release's that it is going to the Estate in some shape or form.



The main goal is to get it settled and as profitable as it can be.



Yes there are many $$'s going into the legal fees, but the heirs haven't acted very responsibly to try to get this settled. You have some, that it looks as if they are wanting to liquidate and therefore have done things that they weren't supposed to do, which in turn only causes more legal fees and longer to get the Estate settled.



It is your opinion that Co-America and the Judge wants to prolong it for years, but that probably isn't a fact. The Judge isn't making any extra money off of this and probably is tired of it too.



Personally, I will continue to support the Estate by buying the items they are putting out, in hopes that they stay afloat and continue to keep Prince's legacy alive for the next generation.



I don't think James Brown's Estate has been settled either and look how many years that has been going on.



Look at Aretha's Estate, they are running into problems also.



Alfred borrowed somewhere around $600K . I don't know the law but I imagine when the Estate is settled that it will have to pay that $600K back.





The money Alfred borrowed will be paid back with Alfred’s share of the estate, it won’t come from Sharon’s or any other sibs share.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 09/16/19 4:43pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

God my soul. Notice no interviews with Sista in years.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 09/18/19 5:36pm

TheEquilizer

muchtoofast said:

PennyPurple said:

Co-America was appointed to settle the Estate. It is called 'The Estate' because that is what it is. The Estate of Prince Nelson. Co-America represents Prince's Estate.


Co-America is making the main decisions to bring the most money into the Estate as it possibly can.

Most of us know that when we buy the release's that it is going to the Estate in some shape or form.


The main goal is to get it settled and as profitable as it can be.


Yes there are many $$'s going into the legal fees, but the heirs haven't acted very responsibly to try to get this settled. You have some, that it looks as if they are wanting to liquidate and therefore have done things that they weren't supposed to do, which in turn only causes more legal fees and longer to get the Estate settled.


It is your opinion that Co-America and the Judge wants to prolong it for years, but that probably isn't a fact. The Judge isn't making any extra money off of this and probably is tired of it too.


Personally, I will continue to support the Estate by buying the items they are putting out, in hopes that they stay afloat and continue to keep Prince's legacy alive for the next generation.


I don't think James Brown's Estate has been settled either and look how many years that has been going on.

Look at Aretha's Estate, they are running into problems also.


Alfred borrowed somewhere around $600K . I don't know the law but I imagine when the Estate is settled that it will have to pay that $600K back.



The money Alfred borrowed will be paid back with Alfred’s share of the estate, it won’t come from Sharon’s or any other sibs share.

sad H'mmmm and then there were 5, stay tuned, it's about to get worse. Industry Rule Number 4080!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 09/18/19 7:45pm

PennyPurple

avatar

TheEquilizer said:

sad H'mmmm and then there were 5, stay tuned, it's about to get worse. Industry Rule Number 4080!

1 - "Record company people are shady", in the immortal words of A Tribe Called Quest's Q-Tip.

2 - By extension, a rule reminding not to trust anybody whose actions in a particular situation are driven by the urge to make money.
1 - "Industry rule #4080, record company people are shadyyyy!" - Q-Tip, "Check the Rhime"

2 - "Don't trust that guy, remember Industry Rule #4080."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 09/18/19 8:44pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

TheEquilizer said:

muchtoofast said:

PennyPurple said: The money Alfred borrowed will be paid back with Alfred’s share of the estate, it won’t come from Sharon’s or any other sibs share.

sad H'mmmm and then there were 5, stay tuned, it's about to get worse. Industry Rule Number 4080!



Sharon, stop talking in #NelsonRiddles and tell us what is going on.



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 09/18/19 9:43pm

PeggyO

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

TheEquilizer said:

sad H'mmmm and then there were 5, stay tuned, it's about to get worse. Industry Rule Number 4080!



Sharon, stop talking in #NelsonRiddles and tell us what is going on.



Verrry clever!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 09/19/19 4:50am

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

TheEquilizer said:

sad H'mmmm and then there were 5, stay tuned, it's about to get worse. Industry Rule Number 4080!



Sharon, stop talking in #NelsonRiddles and tell us what is going on.



I think it's Lawnie. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 09/22/19 4:56pm

purplemist7777

10 days until Paisley Park management goes back to the Estate. Any locals see any kind of activity at PP? Haven’t seen any court documents filed.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 09/23/19 8:39am

motherfunka

avatar

purplemist7777 said:

10 days until Paisley Park management goes back to the Estate. Any locals see any kind of activity at PP? Haven’t seen any court documents filed.

I don't think we will see any changes for awhile. All the local employees that were Graceland employees are now Paisley Park employees. I'm pretty sure things will be ran the same as they are now.

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 09/23/19 1:02pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar


Now we know why Primary Wave is involved.

They bought 90% of Alfred's expectancy interest in the Estate prior to his passing.

The Court denied Primary Wave's Motion for a Status Conference, and said the Estate feels more like running a business than a probate proceeding.

The Judge further stated that this is not a business where stockholders have a right to be heard and their "clout" may depend on the number of shares they own.




Aye, Aye, Aye






[Edited 9/23/19 13:03pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 09/23/19 1:04pm

nelcp777

Here is the lowdown on the Primary Wave situation from the Estate filiings:

Primary Wave, claiming to be an “interested person” in this matter under Minn. Stat. § 524.1-201(33). Primary Wave alleges to have purchased 90% of Heir Alfred Jackson’s expectancy interest in the Estate immediately prior to Mr. Jackson’s death on August 28, 2019.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 09/23/19 4:38pm

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:


Now we know why Primary Wave is involved.

They bought 90% of Alfred's expectancy interest in the Estate prior to his passing.

The Court denied Primary Wave's Motion for a Status Conference, and said the Estate feels more like running a business than a probate proceeding.

The Judge further stated that this is not a business where stockholders have a right to be heard and their "clout" may depend on the number of shares they own.




Aye, Aye, Aye






[Edited 9/23/19 13:03pm]

eek OH shit.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 09/23/19 5:59pm

PeggyO

Does this mean that Primary Wave will not qualify for Alfred's 90% share?

-Was Alfred really able to make that sort of decision with them in the first place? (Competency)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 09/23/19 7:31pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

PeggyO said:

Does this mean that Primary Wave will not qualify for Alfred's 90% share?

-Was Alfred really able to make that sort of decision with them in the first place? (Competency)





The Judge said the validity of PW purchase needs to be confirmed, and Alfred's heirs need to be identified.

If valid, PW will qualify for Alfred's 90% but the Judge said:

"However, the Court does not intend to open up the information gathering and decision making process any further than it already has. There are still only six heirs to this Estate including the Estate of Alfred Jackson."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 09/23/19 7:47pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

The assignment was August 28, 2019, and Alfred passed on August 29, 2019.


Was the money transferred to Alfred before his death?

Also, it appears Alfred's siblings are having difficulty obtaining a copy of his will.



eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 09/23/19 8:00pm

PeggyO

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

The assignment was August 28, 2019, and Alfred passed on August 29, 2019.


Was the money transferred to Alfred before his death?

Also, it appears Alfred's siblings are having difficulty obtaining a copy of his will.



eek

Thanks for the explanation!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 09/23/19 8:00pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



Alfred terminated his attorney on August 7, 2019, and then all these back door contracts/assignments/estate planning/wills began with an attorney in Florida.

This is going to be a big ole clusterf*ck because Primary Wave is a competitor to some of the companies involved in the Estate.

This is going to complicate the proceedings further.






[Edited 9/23/19 20:02pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 09/23/19 9:16pm

purplemist7777

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Alfred terminated his attorney on August 7, 2019, and then all these back door contracts/assignments/estate planning/wills began with an attorney in Florida.

This is going to be a big ole clusterf*ck because Primary Wave is a competitor to some of the companies involved in the Estate.

This is going to complicate the proceedings further.






[Edited 9/23/19 20:02pm]


I wonder how Alfred found that attorney in Florida? A single practitioner handling a multi million dollar estate.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 09/23/19 9:28pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

purplemist7777 said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Alfred terminated his attorney on August 7, 2019, and then all these back door contracts/assignments/estate planning/wills began with an attorney in Florida.

This is going to be a big ole clusterf*ck because Primary Wave is a competitor to some of the companies involved in the Estate.

This is going to complicate the proceedings further.






I wonder how Alfred found that attorney in Florida? A single practitioner handling a multi million dollar estate.



It could be that many a shady character was whispering in Alfred and/or his caretakers ear.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 09/24/19 9:58am

TheEquilizer

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Alfred terminated his attorney on August 7, 2019, and then all these back door contracts/assignments/estate planning/wills began with an attorney in Florida.

This is going to be a big ole clusterf*ck because Primary Wave is a competitor to some of the companies involved in the Estate.

This is going to complicate the proceedings further.






[Edited 9/23/19 20:02pm]


And I reiterate, sad H'mmmm and then there were 5, stay tuned, it's about to get worse. Industry Rule Number 4080!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 09/24/19 10:17am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Industry Rule 4080



1 - "Record company people are shady", in the immortal words of A Tribe Called Quest's Q-Tip.

2 - By extension, a rule reminding not to trust anybody whose actions in a particular situation are driven by the urge to make money.
1 - "Industry rule #4080, record company people are shadyyyy!" - Q-Tip, "Check the Rhime"

2 - "Don't trust that guy, remember Industry Rule #4080."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 09/24/19 11:02am

TheEquilizer

purplemist7777 said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Alfred terminated his attorney on August 7, 2019, and then all these back door contracts/assignments/estate planning/wills began with an attorney in Florida.

This is going to be a big ole clusterf*ck because Primary Wave is a competitor to some of the companies involved in the Estate.

This is going to complicate the proceedings further.






[Edited 9/23/19 20:02pm]


I wonder how Alfred found that attorney in Florida? A single practitioner handling a multi million dollar estate.
LUKE 8:17 #cheerleaderattorneyfinder
https://twitter.com/raffl...28032?s=21
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 09/24/19 11:33am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

TheEquilizer said:

purplemist7777 said:
I wonder how Alfred found that attorney in Florida? A single practitioner handling a multi million dollar estate.
LUKE 8:17 #cheerleaderattorneyfinder https://twitter.com/raffl...28032?s=21



So this guy is somehow involved?

There is a photo of him with Alfred in 2017.

He is somehow connected to George Lopez.

He was also with George when George visited PP?

He appears to fly to Minnie a lot, beginning right after P's passing.


I found a not so flattering article about him:



https://stargayzing.com/predator-to-the-stars-who-was-raffles-van-exel-the-man-accused-of-selling-the-whitney-houston-photos-to-the-enquirer/


eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 09/24/19 11:56am

nelcp777

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

TheEquilizer said:

purplemist7777 said: LUKE 8:17 #cheerleaderattorneyfinder https://twitter.com/raffl...28032?s=21



So this guy is somehow involved?

There is a photo of him with Alfred in 2017.

He is somehow connected to George Lopez.

He was also with George when George visited PP?

He appears to fly to Minnie a lot, beginning right after P's passing.


I found a not so flattering article about him:



https://stargayzing.com/predator-to-the-stars-who-was-raffles-van-exel-the-man-accused-of-selling-the-whitney-houston-photos-to-the-enquirer/


eek

He also has Chaka Khan on his page. The article makes him sound bad.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 09/24/19 12:02pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

nelcp777 said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



So this guy is somehow involved?

There is a photo of him with Alfred in 2017.

He is somehow connected to George Lopez.

He was also with George when George visited PP?

He appears to fly to Minnie a lot, beginning right after P's passing.


I found a not so flattering article about him:



https://stargayzing.com/predator-to-the-stars-who-was-raffles-van-exel-the-man-accused-of-selling-the-whitney-houston-photos-to-the-enquirer/


eek

He also has Chaka Khan on his page. The article makes him sound bad.



Frank Wheaton is/was his attorney. Alfred was also represented by Wheaton for a significant period of time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 09/24/19 4:15pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Wow. What a tangled web. Sheesh.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion