independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 5th Dec 2019 7:41pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 20 - continued
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 05/24/19 11:17pm

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PennyPurple said:

Looks like the Estate is still cracking down:

They sent this letter to Chazz


60752485_10218365498997726_8720671386445545472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQkbG6VUo7CMpVkYfTPlDVzpYaf3KjXcnqR7dAMIJdw1gEvCwubElLNU02mN7Q9A3y8rx6S9cWSdpaoQRSv60IFw&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=132c8481357f84b6028bab073b01eb77&oe=5D93B5AA



Chazz needs to be shut down.


Hopefully the estate will do that. People don't seem to get that "family" isn't the same as "heirs" and there's no right to anything about Prince beyond his court-declared heirs and the estate.

[Edited 5/24/19 23:18pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 05/25/19 3:20am

MoodyBlumes

Dalia11 said:

True! Also, releasing the live concert performances is a great idea. I and many Prince fans would buy them all Plus his music videos.

Yes, high quality live releases would be great. And why not support the You Tube fan community who are already doing the promotional work, to bring in the next generation.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 05/25/19 6:13am

udo

avatar

Intellectual property is just that: a mirage.

An idea in someone's mind, enforced with violence.

The man is dead.

So why would they want to instill the idea of 'property' into heads?

To profit!

.

If we put this against the wastefulness or rather the lack of efficieny of the 'estate' versus the inefficiency of Prince's ways of paying the bills, etc then mr. Prince still wins by far.

The childish heirs use their perceived power to litigate without seeing that them laywer-types are the only ones that really gain.

Having meetings without advisors, lawyers etc is way cheaper: less time then has to be spent to iron out the disagreements.

Where is the music? Where are the discs? eek

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 05/25/19 10:35am

laytonian

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PennyPurple said:

Looks like the Estate is still cracking down:

They sent this letter to Chazz


No photo description available.



Chazz needs to be shut down.


^^^^^THIS
Second or third cuzz has quite an enterprise going.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 05/26/19 2:02pm

MoodyBlumes

laytonian said:



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:




PennyPurple said:


Looks like the Estate is still cracking down:



They sent this letter to Chazz



No photo description available.





Chazz needs to be shut down.




^^^^^THIS
Second or third cuzz has quite an enterprise going.


What is his enterprise?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 05/26/19 5:13pm

laytonian

MoodyBlumes said:

laytonian said:


^^^^^THIS
Second or third cuzz has quite an enterprise going.

What is his enterprise?


Selling tours, t-shirts, etc.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 05/26/19 8:46pm

MoodyBlumes

laytonian said:



MoodyBlumes said:


laytonian said:



^^^^^THIS
Second or third cuzz has quite an enterprise going.



What is his enterprise?


Selling tours, t-shirts, etc.


What sort of tours? I see 2 t shirt styles on sale, all proceeds going towards an independent investigation of Prince's death. Amazon is full of Prince paraphenalia.
[Edited 5/26/19 21:22pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 05/27/19 11:57am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

Mumio said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Chazz needs to be shut down.


Hopefully the estate will do that. People don't seem to get that "family" isn't the same as "heirs" and there's no right to anything about Prince beyond his court-declared heirs and the estate.

[Edited 5/24/19 23:18pm]

Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 05/27/19 2:02pm

laytonian

MoodyBlumes said:

laytonian said:


Selling tours, t-shirts, etc.

What sort of tours? I see 2 t shirt styles on sale, all proceeds going towards an independent investigation of Prince's death. Amazon is full of Prince paraphenalia. [Edited 5/26/19 21:22pm]

Chazz has given many "Prince tours" in MPLS as well as selling t-shirts for undetermined reasons.
At the time he was selling all those things, claiming to be conducting that "investigation", he admitted to Michael Dean that he hadn't even read the investigative reports.
He has done no investigation, unless you mean the typical baseless claims that many others have made.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 05/27/19 2:04pm

laytonian

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Mumio said:


Hopefully the estate will do that. People don't seem to get that "family" isn't the same as "heirs" and there's no right to anything about Prince beyond his court-declared heirs and the estate.

[Edited 5/24/19 23:18pm]

Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?

"So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal"


Fix your who/whom problem first, then I'll tell ya.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 05/27/19 2:47pm

MoodyBlumes

laytonian said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?

"So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal"


Fix your who/whom problem first, then I'll tell ya.

So is the issue the investigation or the sales of t shirts? Amazon is brimming with Prince paraphenalia, so unless the estate shuts down everyone, I don't see why Chazz should be singled out. He is actually Prince's family.

[Edited 5/27/19 14:48pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 05/27/19 3:35pm

rogifan

ChocolateBox3121 said:



Mumio said:




ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:





Chazz needs to be shut down.




Hopefully the estate will do that. People don't seem to get that "family" isn't the same as "heirs" and there's no right to anything about Prince beyond his court-declared heirs and the estate.


[Edited 5/24/19 23:18pm]



Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?


Are they paying the estate for the use of the symbol? Or perhaps they got approval prior to using it?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 05/27/19 3:47pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

rogifan said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?

Are they paying the estate for the use of the symbol? Or perhaps they got approval prior to using it?

Maybe they did. Because they're still using it.

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 05/27/19 5:18pm

MoodyBlumes

ChocolateBox3121 said:



rogifan said:


ChocolateBox3121 said:


Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?



Are they paying the estate for the use of the symbol? Or perhaps they got approval prior to using it?

Maybe they did. Because they're still using it.


Many people are using it. You can buy Prince symbol cufflinks on Amazon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 05/27/19 5:47pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

MoodyBlumes said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Maybe they did. Because they're still using it.

Many people are using it. You can buy Prince symbol cufflinks on Amazon.

prince

[Edited 5/27/19 18:14pm]

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances."prince 1985
"eye don't think about gone just think about the future when eye don't want 2 speak n real time" prince 2004
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 05/27/19 6:32pm

MoodyBlumes

ChocolateBox3121 said:



MoodyBlumes said:


ChocolateBox3121 said:


Maybe they did. Because they're still using it.



Many people are using it. You can buy Prince symbol cufflinks on Amazon.

prince

[Edited 5/27/19 18:14pm]


There you go... but you are not profiting, at least here smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 05/27/19 7:30pm

Mumio

avatar

laytonian said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?

"So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal"


Fix your who/whom problem first, then I'll tell ya.


spit

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 05/27/19 7:36pm

Mumio

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Mumio said:


Hopefully the estate will do that. People don't seem to get that "family" isn't the same as "heirs" and there's no right to anything about Prince beyond his court-declared heirs and the estate.

[Edited 5/24/19 23:18pm]

Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?


What, with all your insider info, you don't have a connect to the heirs? lol That is who you should direct your question to, not me. Good old cuz has a sense of entitlement irt Prince that has no basis in reality in my opinion. Prince had a lot of family, don't see the others showing out like this one. He's no different than any of the other coat-tail riders.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 05/27/19 9:26pm

MoodyBlumes

Mumio said:



ChocolateBox3121 said:




Mumio said:




Hopefully the estate will do that. People don't seem to get that "family" isn't the same as "heirs" and there's no right to anything about Prince beyond his court-declared heirs and the estate.


[Edited 5/24/19 23:18pm]



Chaz wasn't the only one using Prince's(r.i.p.) likeness to sell merchandise. What about Sheila E & Shelby J. ?




What, with all your insider info, you don't have a connect to the heirs? lol That is who you should direct your question to, not me. Good old cuz has a sense of entitlement irt Prince that has no basis in reality in my opinion. Prince had a lot of family, don't see the others showing out like this one. He's no different than any of the other coat-tail riders.


Many around Prince have a sense of entitlement... Did you know that there are people who crowdfunded Kim Berry's book still haven't received their copies? Don't be too hard on cuz.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 05/28/19 9:25pm

Mumio

avatar

MoodyBlumes said:

Mumio said:


What, with all your insider info, you don't have a connect to the heirs? lol That is who you should direct your question to, not me. Good old cuz has a sense of entitlement irt Prince that has no basis in reality in my opinion. Prince had a lot of family, don't see the others showing out like this one. He's no different than any of the other coat-tail riders.

Many around Prince have a sense of entitlement... Did you know that there are people who crowdfunded Kim Berry's book still haven't received their copies? Don't be too hard on cuz.



I agree.

Yes, I know they haven't, if it were me I'd be livid...but I would have had recourse because I would have used my credit card through Paypal and I'd dispute through both my bank and Paypal. Either way, a really shitty thing to do to those who wanted to help out to get the book published.

I'm no harder on cuz than he deserves. I had that one pegged from the word go nod Prince didn't have him hanging around and that's good enough for me.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 05/29/19 5:26am

MoodyBlumes

Mumio said:



MoodyBlumes said:


Mumio said:



What, with all your insider info, you don't have a connect to the heirs? lol That is who you should direct your question to, not me. Good old cuz has a sense of entitlement irt Prince that has no basis in reality in my opinion. Prince had a lot of family, don't see the others showing out like this one. He's no different than any of the other coat-tail riders.



Many around Prince have a sense of entitlement... Did you know that there are people who crowdfunded Kim Berry's book still haven't received their copies? Don't be too hard on cuz.



I agree.

Yes, I know they haven't, if it were me I'd be livid...but I would have had recourse because I would have used my credit card through Paypal and I'd dispute through both my bank and Paypal. Either way, a really shitty thing to do to those who wanted to help out to get the book published.

I'm no harder on cuz than he deserves. I had that one pegged from the word go nod Prince didn't have him hanging around and that's good enough for me.


So you're wanting the estate to shut down everyone, right? Prince t shirts and many other Prince related items are being sold everywhere.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 05/29/19 7:38am

onlyforaminute

Mumio said:



MoodyBlumes said:


Mumio said:



What, with all your insider info, you don't have a connect to the heirs? lol That is who you should direct your question to, not me. Good old cuz has a sense of entitlement irt Prince that has no basis in reality in my opinion. Prince had a lot of family, don't see the others showing out like this one. He's no different than any of the other coat-tail riders.



Many around Prince have a sense of entitlement... Did you know that there are people who crowdfunded Kim Berry's book still haven't received their copies? Don't be too hard on cuz.



I agree.

Yes, I know they haven't, if it were me I'd be livid...but I would have had recourse because I would have used my credit card through Paypal and I'd dispute through both my bank and Paypal. Either way, a really shitty thing to do to those who wanted to help out to get the book published.

I'm no harder on cuz than he deserves. I had that one pegged from the word go nod Prince didn't have him hanging around and that's good enough for me.








That it in a nutshell.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 05/29/19 9:17am

Mumio

avatar

MoodyBlumes said:

Mumio said:



I agree.

Yes, I know they haven't, if it were me I'd be livid...but I would have had recourse because I would have used my credit card through Paypal and I'd dispute through both my bank and Paypal. Either way, a really shitty thing to do to those who wanted to help out to get the book published.

I'm no harder on cuz than he deserves. I had that one pegged from the word go nod Prince didn't have him hanging around and that's good enough for me.

So you're wanting the estate to shut down everyone, right? Prince t shirts and many other Prince related items are being sold everywhere.


The estate is making these decisions, as it should be. They are determining the criteria, not me. And cuz has been notified by the estate, more than once, to stop what he is doing. He likes the attention he's gained using the cuz angle, because no one was checking for his butt before Prince left us. Fershure lol

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 05/29/19 4:16pm

MoodyBlumes

Mumio said:



MoodyBlumes said:


Mumio said:




I agree.

Yes, I know they haven't, if it were me I'd be livid...but I would have had recourse because I would have used my credit card through Paypal and I'd dispute through both my bank and Paypal. Either way, a really shitty thing to do to those who wanted to help out to get the book published.

I'm no harder on cuz than he deserves. I had that one pegged from the word go nod Prince didn't have him hanging around and that's good enough for me.



So you're wanting the estate to shut down everyone, right? Prince t shirts and many other Prince related items are being sold everywhere.


The estate is making these decisions, as it should be. They are determining the criteria, not me. And cuz has been notified by the estate, more than once, to stop what he is doing. He likes the attention he's gained using the cuz angle, because no one was checking for his butt before Prince left us. Fershure lol


Nobody was checking for Kim Berry's but either, or Mayte's and many others profiting and becoming infamous on the heels of Prince's demise. I recently heard the estate had spent something like 45 million since Prince's death...hope it's been worth it. Those on You Tube working tirelessly to promote his legacy for free are regularly shut down if they use more than a few second clip. The estate seems to expect people to fly to Minnesota to see video of his live work. It'll be interesting to see how Prince's estate/legacy will survive. Sharon Nelson estimates bankruptcy by the end of the year.
[Edited 5/29/19 16:41pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 05/29/19 4:49pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

MoodyBlumes said:

Mumio said:


The estate is making these decisions, as it should be. They are determining the criteria, not me. And cuz has been notified by the estate, more than once, to stop what he is doing. He likes the attention he's gained using the cuz angle, because no one was checking for his butt before Prince left us. Fershure lol

Nobody was checking for Kim Berry's but either, or Mayte's and many others profiting and becoming infamous on the heels of Prince's demise. I recently heard the estate had spent something like 45 million since Prince's death...hope it's been worth it. Those on You Tube working tirelessly to promote his legacy for free are regularly shut down if they use more than a few second clip. The estate seems to expect people to fly to Minnesota to see video of his live work. It'll be interesting to see how Prince's estate/legacy will survive. Sharon Nelson estimates bankruptcy by the end of the year. [Edited 5/29/19 16:41pm]


Hearsay


Def.

What does Hearsay mean?
noun. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay. an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.
Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 05/29/19 5:03pm

Mumio

avatar

MoodyBlumes said:

Mumio said:


The estate is making these decisions, as it should be. They are determining the criteria, not me. And cuz has been notified by the estate, more than once, to stop what he is doing. He likes the attention he's gained using the cuz angle, because no one was checking for his butt before Prince left us. Fershure lol

Nobody was checking for Kim Berry's but either, or Mayte's and many others profiting and becoming infamous on the heels of Prince's demise. I recently heard the estate had spent something like 45 million since Prince's death...hope it's been worth it. Those on You Tube working tirelessly to promote his legacy for free are regularly shut down if they use more than a few second clip. The estate seems to expect people to fly to Minnesota to see video of his live work. It'll be interesting to see how Prince's estate/legacy will survive. Sharon Nelson estimates bankruptcy by the end of the year. [Edited 5/29/19 16:41pm]



Welp, I don't give a crap about any of them. Not sure where you're coming from with any of this but whatever.

Oh, and don't listen to Sharon, she who never set foot in Paisley Park until after his death. What's that tell you? confused I'll wager money that she is wrong about that. She's mad because the judge didn't do what she wants. Too bad, so sad lol

[Edited 5/29/19 17:04pm]

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 05/29/19 5:14pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

Mumio said:

MoodyBlumes said:

Mumio said: Many around Prince have a sense of entitlement... Did you know that there are people who crowdfunded Kim Berry's book still haven't received their copies? Don't be too hard on cuz.



I agree.

Yes, I know they haven't, if it were me I'd be livid...but I would have had recourse because I would have used my credit card through Paypal and I'd dispute through both my bank and Paypal. Either way, a really shitty thing to do to those who wanted to help out to get the book published.

I'm no harder on cuz than he deserves. I had that one pegged from the word go nod Prince didn't have him hanging around and that's good enough for me.


hrmph It doesn't seem to me those that he had hanging around did too right by him, so maybe that's a good thing.

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 05/29/19 5:53pm

MoodyBlumes

luv4u said:

MoodyBlumes said:

Mumio said: Nobody was checking for Kim Berry's but either, or Mayte's and many others profiting and becoming infamous on the heels of Prince's demise. I recently heard the estate had spent something like 45 million since Prince's death...hope it's been worth it. Those on You Tube working tirelessly to promote his legacy for free are regularly shut down if they use more than a few second clip. The estate seems to expect people to fly to Minnesota to see video of his live work. It'll be interesting to see how Prince's estate/legacy will survive. Sharon Nelson estimates bankruptcy by the end of the year. [Edited 5/29/19 16:41pm]


Hearsay


Def.

What does Hearsay mean?
noun. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay. an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

"So far, administrators have spent $45 million, including $10 million in legal fees, the heirs claim in documents. "

https://www.usatoday.com/...344038002/

At least Jay Z is promoting Prince in a royal fashion... "a series of listening events across the globe"

https://variety.com/2019/...203227567/

Thank you Jay.

What parts of this site are not "gained or aquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge."?

[Edited 5/29/19 18:27pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 05/29/19 6:15pm

laytonian

MoodyBlumes said:

luv4u said:


Hearsay


Def.

What does Hearsay mean?
noun. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay. an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

"So far, administrators have spent $45 million, including $10 million in legal fees, the heirs claim in documents. "

https://www.usatoday.com/...344038002/

Comerica rebutted that $45 million figure in a detailed analysis. You can easily find it in the estate documents.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 05/29/19 6:16pm

laytonian

MoodyBlumes said:

laytonian said:

"So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal"


Fix your who/whom problem first, then I'll tell ya.

So is the issue the investigation or the sales of t shirts? Amazon is brimming with Prince paraphenalia, so unless the estate shuts down everyone, I don't see why Chazz should be singled out. He is actually Prince's family.

[Edited 5/27/19 14:48pm]

He still has no right to steal intellectual property.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 20 - continued