independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 17th Aug 2019 6:44am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Ridiculous Prince ripoffs on eBay.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/08/19 12:45am

MattyJam

avatar

Ridiculous Prince ripoffs on eBay.

Who in their right mind would spend £2,500 on a CD of an already released song?

It's hilarious that they even offer a payment plan (£117 a month for 24 months). How generous of them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/it...ect=mobile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/08/19 1:14am

JorisE73

MattyJam said:

Who in their right mind would spend £2,500 on a CD of an already released song? It's hilarious that they even offer a payment plan (£117 a month for 24 months). How generous of them. https://www.ebay.co.uk/it...ect=mobile


Is this an unreleased version?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/08/19 1:49am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

JorisE73 said:

MattyJam said:

Who in their right mind would spend £2,500 on a CD of an already released song? It's hilarious that they even offer a payment plan (£117 a month for 24 months). How generous of them. https://www.ebay.co.uk/it...ect=mobile


Is this an unreleased version?

From the ebay description


"This unreleased version is very similar to the album version however it is a live variation, the start is completely different to the album version. This version begins with the crowd cheering, 3/4 the way through Prince sings “Bring him Down” clearly referring to god which I cannot hear in the album version. No doubt audiophiles will identify other differences I have not. So to be clear this is a live version, different to the album version."

An utterly ridiculous price though. Take a couple of zero's off and it would still be too high.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/08/19 2:08am

JorisE73

TheEnglishGent said:

JorisE73 said:


Is this an unreleased version?

From the ebay description


"This unreleased version is very similar to the album version however it is a live variation, the start is completely different to the album version. This version begins with the crowd cheering, 3/4 the way through Prince sings “Bring him Down” clearly referring to god which I cannot hear in the album version. No doubt audiophiles will identify other differences I have not. So to be clear this is a live version, different to the album version."

An utterly ridiculous price though. Take a couple of zero's off and it would still be too high.


Ah thanks! I guess it's just the Emancipation TV Concert Special version pressed on CD.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Ridiculous Prince ripoffs on eBay.