independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 17th Jun 2019 2:30pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince opening for the rolling stones
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 01/16/18 6:33am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:


I mean the mythos was so out there, that we were lead to believe that crowd noice in Pop Life was from that show.

.

I never understood this rumor. I mean, that doesn't even sound remotely like a concert. And also: why would Prince include such a lowpoint on a recording? It just doesn't make sense. Also: by then Prince had repeatedly used sound effects records in his music, so why would this be anything different?

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 01/16/18 6:51am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

BartVanHemelen said:

OldFriends4Sale said:


I mean the mythos was so out there, that we were lead to believe that crowd noice in Pop Life was from that show.

.

I never understood this rumor. I mean, that doesn't even sound remotely like a concert. And also: why would Prince include such a lowpoint on a recording? It just doesn't make sense. Also: by then Prince had repeatedly used sound effects records in his music, so why would this be anything different?

I think that is an after the fact 2018 thought process.

For example, I don't see that as a 'low point', stepping stone maybe, like I don't see that MJ/James Brown/Prince show as a low point, even though it could be interpreted by some that way

.

Why would we think (or care to deconstruct) it in 1985?

.

I think it's that we hear a crowd of people 'riled' up and we hear someone say 'throw them out' or something like thatand what sounds like things being thrown. And it is in connection to the song Pop Life.

.

I wasn't one of those persons who looked for flaws in the Purple Rain movie or the strings on the Tie Fighters in Star Wars A New Hope.

.

I did not know if it was true or not, I don't care to dissect it, that magic of the time and music was wonderful no matter what. I don't think it mattered if it was true or not.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 01/20/18 11:52am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

Oh look, the backstage passes from one of these gigs are up for auction.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 01/20/18 1:25pm

Vannormal

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:

Read this :

it's a comment by a fan on this video of W&L (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENP0mxEGTo),

He's someone who was there during one of the shows. very interesting :

Myself and my then-girlfriend were inn that crowd, maybe in the 30 or so rows mentioned. Here is my experience. We were already "fly's in the milk", if you get what I mean. I'd never been to a rock festival up to that point, ever, in my life. I'm a musician that grew up loving The Stones' music, and then came Prince, who was a big influence on me as a musician, so it was a win-win situation seeing the 2 groups. I was anticipating a great show. Being some of the few blacks in the crowd was already a nerve-racking experience. But it went way beyond that: there were drugs being sold, smoked, inhaled, dropped-you name it, and I'd never been around that type of environment, ever. Especially on that scale. I guess it was just typical for a Stones concert. We just tried to keep to ourselves and be quiet. Well, Prince comes on, and the crowd started saying all kinds of things, saying some very negative things. I was shocked, but I was hoping it would just die down. But it didn't. We tried to just concentrate on the show, but people began throwing things-first food, then shoes, bottles, whatever they thought would reach the stage and I guess inflict injury upon its target. I remember Brown Mark watching someone near us hurl a bottle his way. He watched it heading his way, then at the few seconds before impact he sidestepped it, never missing a note! Impressive, but so unnecessary. I was crushed by the whole experience. At the time, I was in a semi professional band trying to make it myself, and I thought 'Wow', is this the type of thing I'd have to look forward to? It really put something into my head. The most profound thing that came out that day was this: After Prince and the band got off stage, maybe an hour later, there was a girl in the crowd with a radio blaring. She had it on a radio station that was playing a variety of music. Prince's hit song "Sexy Dancer" comes on, and people were getting into it around us. I had to speak up. I said "you guys like that song playing right now?" They all said "yeah this is cool". I replied "that's funny, because you just booed him off stage"! Total silence. Total, awkward, silence. They had no idea who Prince was. I'll never forget that day
"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 01/20/18 4:55pm

Se7en

avatar

eugenius said:

When I was a kid, my family had ON TV (it was a subscription cable service, it's competitor was Select TV). Anyway, ON TV offered a live simulcast of one of those two Rolling Stones shows and they broadcast the opening acts, one being Prince. I didn't really get into Prince until a few months before 1999 came out (I was only 11 when the Stones incident happened) so I wasn't aware that the guy who getting boo'd was Prince, but it was indeed him. Does anyone else recall ON TV broadcasting the event? I remember the J. Geils Band performing too.



Obviously, this was pre-VCR so it was impossible to record, but there has to be video of this out there somewhere.




We had ON TV in the early 80’s too (in Detroit). I remember it wasn’t 24-7 programming though.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 01/20/18 7:15pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Vannormal said:

CherryMoon57 said:

Read this :

it's a comment by a fan on this video of W&L (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENP0mxEGTo),

He's someone who was there during one of the shows. very interesting :

Myself and my then-girlfriend were inn that crowd, maybe in the 30 or so rows mentioned. Here is my experience. We were already "fly's in the milk", if you get what I mean. I'd never been to a rock festival up to that point, ever, in my life. I'm a musician that grew up loving The Stones' music, and then came Prince, who was a big influence on me as a musician, so it was a win-win situation seeing the 2 groups. I was anticipating a great show. Being some of the few blacks in the crowd was already a nerve-racking experience. But it went way beyond that: there were drugs being sold, smoked, inhaled, dropped-you name it, and I'd never been around that type of environment, ever. Especially on that scale. I guess it was just typical for a Stones concert. We just tried to keep to ourselves and be quiet. Well, Prince comes on, and the crowd started saying all kinds of things, saying some very negative things. I was shocked, but I was hoping it would just die down. But it didn't. We tried to just concentrate on the show, but people began throwing things-first food, then shoes, bottles, whatever they thought would reach the stage and I guess inflict injury upon its target. I remember Brown Mark watching someone near us hurl a bottle his way. He watched it heading his way, then at the few seconds before impact he sidestepped it, never missing a note! Impressive, but so unnecessary. I was crushed by the whole experience. At the time, I was in a semi professional band trying to make it myself, and I thought 'Wow', is this the type of thing I'd have to look forward to? It really put something into my head. The most profound thing that came out that day was this: After Prince and the band got off stage, maybe an hour later, there was a girl in the crowd with a radio blaring. She had it on a radio station that was playing a variety of music. Prince's hit song "Sexy Dancer" comes on, and people were getting into it around us. I had to speak up. I said "you guys like that song playing right now?" They all said "yeah this is cool". I replied "that's funny, because you just booed him off stage"! Total silence. Total, awkward, silence. They had no idea who Prince was. I'll never forget that day

I don't think it was no big deal, like BrownMark is saying now. I think it was a really, really big deal.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 01/20/18 8:21pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Vannormal said:

Read this :

it's a comment by a fan on this video of W&L (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENP0mxEGTo),

He's someone who was there during one of the shows. very interesting :

Myself and my then-girlfriend were inn that crowd, maybe in the 30 or so rows mentioned. Here is my experience. We were already "fly's in the milk", if you get what I mean. I'd never been to a rock festival up to that point, ever, in my life. I'm a musician that grew up loving The Stones' music, and then came Prince, who was a big influence on me as a musician, so it was a win-win situation seeing the 2 groups. I was anticipating a great show. Being some of the few blacks in the crowd was already a nerve-racking experience. But it went way beyond that: there were drugs being sold, smoked, inhaled, dropped-you name it, and I'd never been around that type of environment, ever. Especially on that scale. I guess it was just typical for a Stones concert. We just tried to keep to ourselves and be quiet. Well, Prince comes on, and the crowd started saying all kinds of things, saying some very negative things. I was shocked, but I was hoping it would just die down. But it didn't. We tried to just concentrate on the show, but people began throwing things-first food, then shoes, bottles, whatever they thought would reach the stage and I guess inflict injury upon its target. I remember Brown Mark watching someone near us hurl a bottle his way. He watched it heading his way, then at the few seconds before impact he sidestepped it, never missing a note! Impressive, but so unnecessary. I was crushed by the whole experience. At the time, I was in a semi professional band trying to make it myself, and I thought 'Wow', is this the type of thing I'd have to look forward to? It really put something into my head. The most profound thing that came out that day was this: After Prince and the band got off stage, maybe an hour later, there was a girl in the crowd with a radio blaring. She had it on a radio station that was playing a variety of music. Prince's hit song "Sexy Dancer" comes on, and people were getting into it around us. I had to speak up. I said "you guys like that song playing right now?" They all said "yeah this is cool". I replied "that's funny, because you just booed him off stage"! Total silence. Total, awkward, silence. They had no idea who Prince was. I'll never forget that day

Thanks for posting.

It is great to read a first hand account from someone in the crowd.

I am surprised they played for at least an hour. I thought it was a much shorter period of time.

As someone who saw the Stones a few times during the 70's I can attest that drugs were prevalent in the crowds. eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 01/21/18 2:56am

NorthC

Prince didn't play for an hour, the story about his song on the radio happened an hour after he left the stage.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 01/22/18 5:49am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PennyPurple said:

Vannormal said:

Read this :

it's a comment by a fan on this video of W&L (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENP0mxEGTo),

He's someone who was there during one of the shows. very interesting :

Myself and my then-girlfriend were inn that crowd, maybe in the 30 or so rows mentioned. Here is my experience. We were already "fly's in the milk", if you get what I mean. I'd never been to a rock festival up to that point, ever, in my life. I'm a musician that grew up loving The Stones' music, and then came Prince, who was a big influence on me as a musician, so it was a win-win situation seeing the 2 groups. I was anticipating a great show. Being some of the few blacks in the crowd was already a nerve-racking experience. But it went way beyond that: there were drugs being sold, smoked, inhaled, dropped-you name it, and I'd never been around that type of environment, ever. Especially on that scale. I guess it was just typical for a Stones concert. We just tried to keep to ourselves and be quiet. Well, Prince comes on, and the crowd started saying all kinds of things, saying some very negative things. I was shocked, but I was hoping it would just die down. But it didn't. We tried to just concentrate on the show, but people began throwing things-first food, then shoes, bottles, whatever they thought would reach the stage and I guess inflict injury upon its target. I remember Brown Mark watching someone near us hurl a bottle his way. He watched it heading his way, then at the few seconds before impact he sidestepped it, never missing a note! Impressive, but so unnecessary. I was crushed by the whole experience. At the time, I was in a semi professional band trying to make it myself, and I thought 'Wow', is this the type of thing I'd have to look forward to? It really put something into my head. The most profound thing that came out that day was this: After Prince and the band got off stage, maybe an hour later, there was a girl in the crowd with a radio blaring. She had it on a radio station that was playing a variety of music. Prince's hit song "Sexy Dancer" comes on, and people were getting into it around us. I had to speak up. I said "you guys like that song playing right now?" They all said "yeah this is cool". I replied "that's funny, because you just booed him off stage"! Total silence. Total, awkward, silence. They had no idea who Prince was. I'll never forget that day

I don't think it was no big deal, like BrownMark is saying now. I think it was a really, really big deal.

chiiiiilllee

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 01/22/18 9:06am

PennyPurple

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

PennyPurple said:

I don't think it was no big deal, like BrownMark is saying now. I think it was a really, really big deal.

chiiiiilllee

lol I knew that one would get you. razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 01/22/18 9:34am

jdcxc

I’m always suprised that the underlying and overt racism (and homophobia) get short shrift when this incident is examined.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 01/22/18 9:42am

RodeoSchro

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Vannormal said:

Read this :

it's a comment by a fan on this video of W&L (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENP0mxEGTo),

He's someone who was there during one of the shows. very interesting :

Myself and my then-girlfriend were inn that crowd, maybe in the 30 or so rows mentioned. Here is my experience. We were already "fly's in the milk", if you get what I mean. I'd never been to a rock festival up to that point, ever, in my life. I'm a musician that grew up loving The Stones' music, and then came Prince, who was a big influence on me as a musician, so it was a win-win situation seeing the 2 groups. I was anticipating a great show. Being some of the few blacks in the crowd was already a nerve-racking experience. But it went way beyond that: there were drugs being sold, smoked, inhaled, dropped-you name it, and I'd never been around that type of environment, ever. Especially on that scale. I guess it was just typical for a Stones concert. We just tried to keep to ourselves and be quiet. Well, Prince comes on, and the crowd started saying all kinds of things, saying some very negative things. I was shocked, but I was hoping it would just die down. But it didn't. We tried to just concentrate on the show, but people began throwing things-first food, then shoes, bottles, whatever they thought would reach the stage and I guess inflict injury upon its target. I remember Brown Mark watching someone near us hurl a bottle his way. He watched it heading his way, then at the few seconds before impact he sidestepped it, never missing a note! Impressive, but so unnecessary. I was crushed by the whole experience. At the time, I was in a semi professional band trying to make it myself, and I thought 'Wow', is this the type of thing I'd have to look forward to? It really put something into my head. The most profound thing that came out that day was this: After Prince and the band got off stage, maybe an hour later, there was a girl in the crowd with a radio blaring. She had it on a radio station that was playing a variety of music. Prince's hit song "Sexy Dancer" comes on, and people were getting into it around us. I had to speak up. I said "you guys like that song playing right now?" They all said "yeah this is cool". I replied "that's funny, because you just booed him off stage"! Total silence. Total, awkward, silence. They had no idea who Prince was. I'll never forget that day

Thanks for posting.

It is great to read a first hand account from someone in the crowd.

I am surprised they played for at least an hour. I thought it was a much shorter period of time.

As someone who saw the Stones a few times during the 70's I can attest that drugs were prevalent in the crowds. eek




In one of the many threads about this show, there is a quite good post from an Orger who was there. IIRC, he echoed the thought that it wasn't that bad, and that the crowd would have booed probably anyone off the stage. They wanted the Stones and only the Stones.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 01/22/18 9:44am

RodeoSchro

avatar

jdcxc said:

I’m always suprised that the underlying and overt racism (and homophobia) get short shrift when this incident is examined.



Or...or...OR maybe the crowd just wanted to see the Rolling Stones and didn't want an opening act.

Quit injecting race and/or homophobia into everything. It diminishes the times when racism and/or homophobia are actually present.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 01/22/18 10:05am

jdcxc

RodeoSchro said:



jdcxc said:


I’m always suprised that the underlying and overt racism (and homophobia) get short shrift when this incident is examined.



Or...or...OR maybe the crowd just wanted to see the Rolling Stones and didn't want an opening act.

Quit injecting race and/or homophobia into everything. It diminishes the times when racism and/or homophobia are actually present.



There were racist and homophobic taunts and chicken was thrown on the stage. It is pure ignorance to think that a young black rocker in panties and legwarmers didn’t cause some reaction from the Rolling Stone crowd. Have you ever heard of Altamont? Do you understand why Prince was so culturally revolutionary?

Inject race? Lol...you to think you can control discussions of race, art, society by offering platitudes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 01/22/18 10:17am

RodeoSchro

avatar

jdcxc said:

RodeoSchro said:



Or...or...OR maybe the crowd just wanted to see the Rolling Stones and didn't want an opening act.

Quit injecting race and/or homophobia into everything. It diminishes the times when racism and/or homophobia are actually present.

There were racist and homophobic taunts and chicken was thrown on the stage. It is pure ignorance to think that a young black rocker in panties and legwarmers didn’t cause some reaction from the Rolling Stone crowd. Have you ever heard of Altamont? Do you understand why Prince was so culturally revolutionary? Inject race? Lol...you to think you can control discussions of race, art, society by offering platitudes.



WTF? You think a differing opinion is someone's attempt to "control" you? Grow up.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 01/22/18 10:37am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

jdcxc said:

RodeoSchro said:



Or...or...OR maybe the crowd just wanted to see the Rolling Stones and didn't want an opening act.

Quit injecting race and/or homophobia into everything. It diminishes the times when racism and/or homophobia are actually present.

There were racist and homophobic taunts and chicken was thrown on the stage. It is pure ignorance to think that a young black rocker in panties and legwarmers didn’t cause some reaction from the Rolling Stone crowd. Have you ever heard of Altamont? Do you understand why Prince was so culturally revolutionary? Inject race? Lol...you to think you can control discussions of race, art, society by offering platitudes.

well they had chicke to eat initially. Not throw

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 01/22/18 10:37am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PennyPurple said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

chiiiiilllee

lol I knew that one would get you. razz

lol

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 01/22/18 11:25am

jdcxc

RodeoSchro said:



jdcxc said:


RodeoSchro said:




Or...or...OR maybe the crowd just wanted to see the Rolling Stones and didn't want an opening act.

Quit injecting race and/or homophobia into everything. It diminishes the times when racism and/or homophobia are actually present.



There were racist and homophobic taunts and chicken was thrown on the stage. It is pure ignorance to think that a young black rocker in panties and legwarmers didn’t cause some reaction from the Rolling Stone crowd. Have you ever heard of Altamont? Do you understand why Prince was so culturally revolutionary? Inject race? Lol...you to think you can control discussions of race, art, society by offering platitudes.



WTF? You think a differing opinion is someone's attempt to "control" you? Grow up.



Mr. Trump, go back to tweeting.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 01/22/18 2:21pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

jdcxc said:

RodeoSchro said:



WTF? You think a differing opinion is someone's attempt to "control" you? Grow up.

Mr. Trump, go back to tweeting.



falloff Oh man, that was below the belt!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 01/24/18 2:19pm

Vannormal

avatar

Still, one of the shows audio recordings can be heard on the famous vid chanel.

Something like 30 min long, probably recorded from backstage, as it sounds somehow from afar, but you can hear the crowd quite well. Disturbing, confusing noise.

And you can hear the band plays it really tight.

(I persume this is a recording from when Prince decided to get back on there and show them what he's really about.)

I mean, imagine... 60,000 Rolling Stones fans in front of you!?

-

I think this whole story is a very big deal too.

-

I like the Wendy and Lisa comment recordings too.

They were there, Wendy was backstage, as whe was Lisa's girlfriend by then. And i love the fact that they kept the telephone conversations with members of Prince's band, explaining one by one what happened. Very interesting imho.

At least there's enough to find out there about all this.

-

I wish/hope Prince wrote his memoires about this.

We still don't know what his exact thought was on this. There's some Jagger comment to be found here and there, about their telephone cnversation.

-

So Prince wrote somehow 50 pages or something like that ?

Maybe it's in there, if he got that far. smile

"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 01/24/18 5:18pm

TheKid777

I looked it Up And Every Other Rolling Stones Concert From 1981 Is Up Except The One From October 9th 1981 That's The One Prince Performed confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 01/24/18 5:23pm

TheKid777

I Have Audio From The Crowd And i Can hear Prince During A Few Of The Songs But Around The Time Uptown Is About To Be Played You Can Hear A Guitar Being Unplugged I Guess And You Only Hear Dez's Guitar And Only Dez Singing So I Guess Prince Had Walked Off But After That You Hear Him Coming Back And Perform Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad With ALOT Of Anger In His Voice I Never Heard Him Sing like He Was So Pissed eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 01/25/18 2:43am

Vannormal

avatar

TheKid777 said:

I looked it Up And Every Other Rolling Stones Concert From 1981 Is Up Except The One From October 9th 1981 That's The One Prince Performed confused

There ya go. smile

Thanks.

"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 01/25/18 5:19am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

I am surprised they played for at least an hour.

.

They didn't. Come on, Prince was one of three support acts, one added at the last moment. Those never get an hour. There is an actual recording of one of the concerts, you know.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 01/25/18 5:25am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

TheKid777 said:

I looked it Up And Every Other Rolling Stones Concert From 1981 Is Up Except The One From October 9th 1981 That's The One Prince Performed confused

.

He played two gigs: Oct 9 and Oct 11. They were also supposed to support the Stones for two shows in Detroit, but those didn't happen.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 01/25/18 5:57am

PennyPurple

avatar

I think Hahn said in his book that it was for 20 minutes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 01/25/18 7:30am

jdcxc

TheKid777 said:

I looked it Up And Every Other Rolling Stones Concert From 1981 Is Up Except The One From October 9th 1981 That's The One Prince Performed confused



Why? Legal action?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 01/25/18 8:14am

anangellooksdo
wn

CherryMoon57 said:



Great find. Thanks.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 01/25/18 8:20am

Vannormal

avatar

Indeed something like 23 minutes, although it seems like the recording was abruptly ended...

-

I can't help but think this raw recording is stunning !

It 'listens' like a vintage first bootleg we had back in the late 80s. smile

(Very subjective of course, butnevertheless very interesting.)

-

I wonder if the Rolling Stones made recordings, or even had footage taken of all these support acts.

I'm gonna go and search for a 55+ die hard Rolling Stones fan, and see what comes out of it.

Probably nothing more.

(but one never knows. wink)

-

PennyPurple said:

I think Hahn said in his book that it was for 20 minutes.

"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 01/25/18 8:24am

Vannormal

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

TheKid777 said:

I looked it Up And Every Other Rolling Stones Concert From 1981 Is Up Except The One From October 9th 1981 That's The One Prince Performed confused

.

He played two gigs: Oct 9 and Oct 11. They were also supposed to support the Stones for two shows in Detroit, but those didn't happen.

Exactly. Only 2 gigs.

October 9 and 11, i checked it.

-

We should be able to inform Wendy and Lisa once more about these (separate) two gigs.

-

Anyone? wink

"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince opening for the rolling stones