independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 21st Aug 2019 1:11pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 12 - Continued
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 11 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 01/23/18 6:51pm

laytonian

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



laytonian said:


Did anyone else notice that the Paisley Park property itself had been transferred to a now-defunct California entity and that the estate will incur costs to take back the title? See page 3.

Page 3 of what?


P did have at least one corporation in California
.



Of what? Of the same document that's being discussed here, that you posted the link to (above).
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 01/23/18 6:54pm

laytonian

rogifan said:

laytonian said:

Did anyone else notice that the Paisley Park property itself had been transferred to a now-defunct California entity and that the estate will incur costs to take back the title?
See page 3.

Hmm...this is the information listed on the caver county property search website:

Taxpayer PAISLEY PARK FACILITY LLC
Taxpayer 2 COMERICA BANK & TRUST C/O GERA
Taxpayer Address 230 PARK AVE STE 634
NEW YORK, NY 10169


Taxpayer identity doesn't always mean ownership. It's who is identified as paying.
Maybe they already corrected the problem, but it's clear in the Omarr objections that a re-titling had to be performed.
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 01/24/18 3:08am

rogifan

laytonian said:

rogifan said:


Hmm...this is the information listed on the caver county property search website:

Taxpayer PAISLEY PARK FACILITY LLC
Taxpayer 2 COMERICA BANK & TRUST C/O GERA
Taxpayer Address 230 PARK AVE STE 634
NEW YORK, NY 10169


Taxpayer identity doesn't always mean ownership. It's who is identified as paying.
Maybe they already corrected the problem, but it's clear in the Omarr objections that a re-titling had to be performed.

Do we know when the transfer happened?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 01/26/18 11:17am

bobgeorge77

Has this been posted anywhere? Saw this just now about "mind blowing new music...coming soon"??

.

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/new-prince-unreleased-music-coming-soon-estate-advisor-says-troy-carter-1202677933/

.

Not sure how hopeful to be? (But I would LOVE to be pleasantly surpised eek eek !!)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 01/26/18 12:07pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Interesting. Will the music being published be released by his estate or WB?

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 01/26/18 5:43pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

bobgeorge77 said:

Has this been posted anywhere? Saw this just now about "mind blowing new music...coming soon"??

.

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/new-prince-unreleased-music-coming-soon-estate-advisor-says-troy-carter-1202677933/

.

Not sure how hopeful to be? (But I would LOVE to be pleasantly surpised eek eek !!)

music music

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 01/27/18 8:12am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

SNJ filed Objections to Comerica's attorney fees in regard to the dispute over removing Comerica as the Special Administrator. If you recall the Judge said he may offset those fees from any disbursements SNJ may get from the Estate. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 01/27/18 3:00pm

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

SNJ filed Objections to Comerica's attorney fees in regard to the dispute over removing Comerica as the Special Administrator. If you recall the Judge said he may offset those fees from any disbursements SNJ may get from the Estate. biggrin


Good, that's exactly how it should go imo. The other three didn't want Comerica removed so these three should own the costs. That's what happens when you have that advisor "working" for you. If it was his idea, maybe they can withold payment for his "services" lol

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 01/27/18 3:50pm

rap

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

SNJ filed Objections to Comerica's attorney fees in regard to the dispute over removing Comerica as the Special Administrator. If you recall the Judge said he may offset those fees from any disbursements SNJ may get from the Estate. biggrin

nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 01/27/18 4:51pm

laurarichardso
n

Mumio said:



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:


SNJ filed Objections to Comerica's attorney fees in regard to the dispute over removing Comerica as the Special Administrator. If you recall the Judge said he may offset those fees from any disbursements SNJ may get from the Estate. biggrin





Good, that's exactly how it should go imo. The other three didn't want Comerica removed so these three should own the costs. That's what happens when you have that advisor "working" for you. If it was his idea, maybe they can withold payment for his "services" lol


—-Co-sign If they were smart they would make Lonnie cough up the cash.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 01/27/18 5:32pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Good gawd lol

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 01/27/18 9:57pm

rap

laurarichardson said:

Mumio said:


Good, that's exactly how it should go imo. The other three didn't want Comerica removed so these three should own the costs. That's what happens when you have that advisor "working" for you. If it was his idea, maybe they can withold payment for his "services" lol

—-Co-sign If they were smart they would make Lonnie cough up the cash.

These syblings (apart from Tyka), who is paying for the limousines, security, current lifestyle, etc?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 01/27/18 10:01pm

rap

rap said:

laurarichardson said:

Mumio said: —-Co-sign If they were smart they would make Lonnie cough up the cash.

These syblings (apart from Tyka), who is paying for the limousines, security, current lifestyle, etc?

*siblings

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 01/29/18 9:34am

laurarichardso
n

rap said:

laurarichardson said:

Mumio said: —-Co-sign If they were smart they would make Lonnie cough up the cash.

These syblings (apart from Tyka), who is paying for the limousines, security, current lifestyle, etc?

I do not know if they are riding around in Limos but I believe they can get advances from the inheritence. It is there money and they can do as they please.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 01/29/18 11:49am

laurarichardso
n

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/29/prince-estate-george-boxill-unreleased-music-default-judgment/

PRINCE ESTATE WE WIN WAR OVER UNRELEASED TUNES... Boxill's Gone Ghost

So Ian's dumb ass is gone. I wonder what happend to the millions of dollars who was going to put up to buy the catalogue. (LOL)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 01/29/18 12:16pm

cloveringold85

avatar

laurarichardson said:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/29/prince-estate-george-boxill-unreleased-music-default-judgment/

PRINCE ESTATE WE WIN WAR OVER UNRELEASED TUNES... Boxill's Gone Ghost

So Ian's dumb ass is gone. I wonder what happend to the millions of dollars who was going to put up to buy the catalogue. (LOL)

.

He looks kinda foolish right about now. lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 01/29/18 12:18pm

laurarichardso
n

cloveringold85 said:

laurarichardson said:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/29/prince-estate-george-boxill-unreleased-music-default-judgment/

PRINCE ESTATE WE WIN WAR OVER UNRELEASED TUNES... Boxill's Gone Ghost

So Ian's dumb ass is gone. I wonder what happend to the millions of dollars who was going to put up to buy the catalogue. (LOL)

.

He looks kinda foolish right about now. lol

I would say a greedy crook who was either too dumb to file a claim for the money he claims Prince owed him. Now he gets nothing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 01/29/18 7:58pm

Mumio

avatar

cloveringold85 said:

laurarichardson said:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/29/prince-estate-george-boxill-unreleased-music-default-judgment/

PRINCE ESTATE WE WIN WAR OVER UNRELEASED TUNES... Boxill's Gone Ghost

So Ian's dumb ass is gone. I wonder what happend to the millions of dollars who was going to put up to buy the catalogue. (LOL)

.

He looks kinda foolish right about now. lol


Well, he didn't make money but that music is out there and has been since this scenario first came up. Everyone got it for free.



Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 01/30/18 3:01am

laurarichardso
n

Mumio said:



cloveringold85 said:




laurarichardson said:





http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/29/prince-estate-george-boxill-unreleased-music-default-judgment/




PRINCE ESTATE WE WIN WAR OVER UNRELEASED TUNES... Boxill's Gone Ghost



So Ian's dumb ass is gone. I wonder what happend to the millions of dollars who was going to put up to buy the catalogue. (LOL)




.


He looks kinda foolish right about now. lol





Well, he didn't make money but that music is out there and has been since this scenario first came up. Everyone got it for free.




Some people got it for free but I read another article about the asshats who distributed it. They got stuck with expenses they could not recoup and had to shut down their business. Also Comerica could still sue the lot of them for copyright infringement. He needs to walk away and stay gone.
---See the link to the article.
---https://www.portlandmercury.com/feature/2017/11/08/19453126/deliverance-interrupted
[Edited 1/30/18 4:48am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 01/30/18 9:59am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Tyka has hired a new attorney.

Omarr and Tyka were using the same attorneys.

I wonder why she decided to hire separate counsel now?

eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 01/30/18 2:04pm

laurarichardso
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Tyka has hired a new attorney.

Omarr and Tyka were using the same attorneys.

I wonder why she decided to hire separate counsel now?

eek

I do not know. What do you make of this guy. Could she be shopping a book deal?

http://www.btlaw.com/Lee-A-Hutton/

Lee A. Hutton, III

Partner
  • 225 South Sixth Street
    Suite 2800
    Minneapolis, MN 55402-4662
    P:612-367-8711
    F:612-333-6798

Lee A. Hutton III is a partner in the Minneapolis office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP. He is a member of the Litigation Department and the Entertainment, Media and Sports Practice Group. Mr. Hutton concentrates his practice on complex commercial trial litigation, products liability, construction, employment and entertainment law.

Litigation

As a seasoned trial attorney, Mr. Hutton represents clients in a variety of complex matters involving construction, commercial and employment litigation. He also defends corporations and individuals in high-stakes real estate, entertainment law and fraud litigation matters. Mr. Hutton's clients range from individuals to Fortune 500 companies.

Since 2014, Mr. Hutton has been recognized on the Minnesota Super Lawyers list and he was named on the Rising Stars list in the 2008-2013 editions. In 2010, he was selected as an “Attorney of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyerfor his successful trial advocacy in a complex real estate matter.

Mr. Hutton's experience includes sports concussion cases, rights of publicity cases, and an in depth understanding of sports bylaws and policies in professional and college sports. He is also known for his representation of individual sports figures such as Kris Humphries in the high-profile divorce case entitled Kardashian v. Humphries.

Notably, Hutton is an experienced litigator who focuses on high-stakes litigation and further advises clients on various aspects of brand protection and extortion concerns. In addition, he provides counsel on complex litigation matters related to defense of corporations and individuals.

Entertainment

In the area of sports and entertainment law, Mr. Hutton represents celebrities, athletes and coaches in endorsement negotiations, player performance contracts and business transactions and advises on brand protection and extortion threats. His client list contains professional, amateur, Paralympic and Olympic athletes, entertainers, musicians and celebrities. Mr. Hutton offers a holistic approach to representation in order to maximize consistency, reliability and efficiency for clients who often call on him to serve as general counsel.

Mr. Hutton is a frequent guest lecturer and regularly called on to provide media analysis on entertainment, sports and litigation topics.

Active in the community, Mr. Hutton regularly assists non-profit organizations in pro bono matters and is a board member for The Griffin Gives Foundation. He also coaches youth football through the Lake Minnetonka Athletic Association. Mr. Hutton is a member of the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association and Twin Cities Diversity in Practice.

In 2002, Mr. Hutton earned his J.D. from the William Mitchell College of Law. In 1999, he earned his B.A. from the University of Minnesota.

Mr. Hutton is admitted to practice in the states of Minnesota and New York and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 01/30/18 3:37pm

morningsong

What in the heck is the holistic approach to representation?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 01/30/18 4:00pm

rap

laurarichardson said:

rap said:

These syblings (apart from Tyka), who is paying for the limousines, security, current lifestyle, etc?

I do not know if they are riding around in Limos but I believe they can get advances from the inheritence. It is there money and they can do as they please.

Well excuse me!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 01/30/18 6:52pm

laurarichardso
n

morningsong said:

What in the heck is the holistic approach to representation?


—-That is a good question. He seems like he is all over the place.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 01/31/18 4:29am

1Sasha

She learned from the best about jumping from one lawyer to another ...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 01/31/18 5:17am

laurarichardso
n

1Sasha said:

She learned from the best about jumping from one lawyer to another ...

Nah we found out he was stuck with some lawyers longer then he should have been.

LM seems straight nutty and he was his attorney for a decade.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 01/31/18 12:53pm

nelcp777

laurarichardson said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Tyka has hired a new attorney.

Omarr and Tyka were using the same attorneys.

I wonder why she decided to hire separate counsel now?

eek

I do not know. What do you make of this guy. Could she be shopping a book deal?

http://www.btlaw.com/Lee-A-Hutton/

Lee A. Hutton, III

Partner
  • 225 South Sixth Street
    Suite 2800
    Minneapolis, MN 55402-4662
    P:612-367-8711
    F:612-333-6798

Lee A. Hutton III is a partner in the Minneapolis office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP. He is a member of the Litigation Department and the Entertainment, Media and Sports Practice Group. Mr. Hutton concentrates his practice on complex commercial trial litigation, products liability, construction, employment and entertainment law.

Litigation

As a seasoned trial attorney, Mr. Hutton represents clients in a variety of complex matters involving construction, commercial and employment litigation. He also defends corporations and individuals in high-stakes real estate, entertainment law and fraud litigation matters. Mr. Hutton's clients range from individuals to Fortune 500 companies.

Since 2014, Mr. Hutton has been recognized on the Minnesota Super Lawyers list and he was named on the Rising Stars list in the 2008-2013 editions. In 2010, he was selected as an “Attorney of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyerfor his successful trial advocacy in a complex real estate matter.

Mr. Hutton's experience includes sports concussion cases, rights of publicity cases, and an in depth understanding of sports bylaws and policies in professional and college sports. He is also known for his representation of individual sports figures such as Kris Humphries in the high-profile divorce case entitled Kardashian v. Humphries.

Notably, Hutton is an experienced litigator who focuses on high-stakes litigation and further advises clients on various aspects of brand protection and extortion concerns. In addition, he provides counsel on complex litigation matters related to defense of corporations and individuals.

Entertainment

In the area of sports and entertainment law, Mr. Hutton represents celebrities, athletes and coaches in endorsement negotiations, player performance contracts and business transactions and advises on brand protection and extortion threats. His client list contains professional, amateur, Paralympic and Olympic athletes, entertainers, musicians and celebrities. Mr. Hutton offers a holistic approach to representation in order to maximize consistency, reliability and efficiency for clients who often call on him to serve as general counsel.

Mr. Hutton is a frequent guest lecturer and regularly called on to provide media analysis on entertainment, sports and litigation topics.

Active in the community, Mr. Hutton regularly assists non-profit organizations in pro bono matters and is a board member for The Griffin Gives Foundation. He also coaches youth football through the Lake Minnetonka Athletic Association. Mr. Hutton is a member of the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association and Twin Cities Diversity in Practice.

In 2002, Mr. Hutton earned his J.D. from the William Mitchell College of Law. In 1999, he earned his B.A. from the University of Minnesota.

Mr. Hutton is admitted to practice in the states of Minnesota and New York and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.

Could this be for the L4OA land and Cousins? Or McMillan and his charades for the party for the Celebration thing that fizzled with Jobu?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 01/31/18 1:05pm

laurarichardso
n

nelcp777 said:

laurarichardson said:

I do not know. What do you make of this guy. Could she be shopping a book deal?

http://www.btlaw.com/Lee-A-Hutton/

Lee A. Hutton, III

Partner
  • 225 South Sixth Street
    Suite 2800
    Minneapolis, MN 55402-4662
    P:612-367-8711
    F:612-333-6798

Lee A. Hutton III is a partner in the Minneapolis office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP. He is a member of the Litigation Department and the Entertainment, Media and Sports Practice Group. Mr. Hutton concentrates his practice on complex commercial trial litigation, products liability, construction, employment and entertainment law.

Litigation

As a seasoned trial attorney, Mr. Hutton represents clients in a variety of complex matters involving construction, commercial and employment litigation. He also defends corporations and individuals in high-stakes real estate, entertainment law and fraud litigation matters. Mr. Hutton's clients range from individuals to Fortune 500 companies.

Since 2014, Mr. Hutton has been recognized on the Minnesota Super Lawyers list and he was named on the Rising Stars list in the 2008-2013 editions. In 2010, he was selected as an “Attorney of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyerfor his successful trial advocacy in a complex real estate matter.

Mr. Hutton's experience includes sports concussion cases, rights of publicity cases, and an in depth understanding of sports bylaws and policies in professional and college sports. He is also known for his representation of individual sports figures such as Kris Humphries in the high-profile divorce case entitled Kardashian v. Humphries.

Notably, Hutton is an experienced litigator who focuses on high-stakes litigation and further advises clients on various aspects of brand protection and extortion concerns. In addition, he provides counsel on complex litigation matters related to defense of corporations and individuals.

Entertainment

In the area of sports and entertainment law, Mr. Hutton represents celebrities, athletes and coaches in endorsement negotiations, player performance contracts and business transactions and advises on brand protection and extortion threats. His client list contains professional, amateur, Paralympic and Olympic athletes, entertainers, musicians and celebrities. Mr. Hutton offers a holistic approach to representation in order to maximize consistency, reliability and efficiency for clients who often call on him to serve as general counsel.

Mr. Hutton is a frequent guest lecturer and regularly called on to provide media analysis on entertainment, sports and litigation topics.

Active in the community, Mr. Hutton regularly assists non-profit organizations in pro bono matters and is a board member for The Griffin Gives Foundation. He also coaches youth football through the Lake Minnetonka Athletic Association. Mr. Hutton is a member of the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association and Twin Cities Diversity in Practice.

In 2002, Mr. Hutton earned his J.D. from the William Mitchell College of Law. In 1999, he earned his B.A. from the University of Minnesota.

Mr. Hutton is admitted to practice in the states of Minnesota and New York and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.

Could this be for the L4OA land and Cousins? Or McMillan and his charades for the party for the Celebration thing that fizzled with Jobu?

It could be if these issues actual go to court they are going to be hugh. I hope all can be settled out of court although in Cousins you may be looking at Federal laws.

Wire fraud, Bank Fraud, Possible forgery and just stealing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 01/31/18 1:55pm

cloveringold85

avatar

laurarichardson said:

nelcp777 said:

Could this be for the L4OA land and Cousins? Or McMillan and his charades for the party for the Celebration thing that fizzled with Jobu?

It could be if these issues actual go to court they are going to be hugh. I hope all can be settled out of court although in Cousins you may be looking at Federal laws.

Wire fraud, Bank Fraud, Possible forgery and just stealing.

.

And, the fact that Cousins is trying to sue because the media calls him a shady lawyer, is highly laughable!! lol lol

.

I mean, seriously? Just look at his credentials.......that's shady AF!! lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 01/31/18 4:50pm

cloveringold85

avatar

legal documents which reveal Boxill never responded to the newly filed lawsuit, and the deadline of January 23 has now passed.

.

The estate have now requested the courts sign off on an injunction, blocking the release of any of the tracks.

.

This comes just days after Prince's estate promised new music would be released soon.

.

Estate adviser Troy Carter told Variety: "I heard some music the other night that was pretty mind-blowing and we're getting some stuff mixed right now ... There will be unreleased Prince music coming soon."

.

https://www.list.co.uk/ar...new-music/

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 11 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 12 - Continued