independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 17th Oct 2019 5:01pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 10 .... Continued
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 17 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 08/29/17 4:34am

laurarichardso
n

Bodhitheblackdog said:

laurarichardson said:

Bodhitheblackdog said: --Actually Sharon said they would like to put revenue aside for charities Prince supported but realize they have to have a profitable business first. Remember even Prince had to bring in money to fund his charities.

And the first order of business apparently was laying their beloved brother to rest for eternity in the lobby of a tourist attraction where people have to pay money to pay their respects. Sideshow Prince.

The Urn is no longer visable to the public and the first order of business was honoring his wished to tu rn Paisley Park into a museum. This was something Prince sent out to numerous people via e-mail and had already started setting up exhibits before he passed.

The building has to be maintained which takes money and even Prince realized that much.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 08/29/17 4:34am

1Sasha

I like your comment, Bodhi. I wish they had scattered his ashes rather than install them at PP. But money is money ...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 08/29/17 4:36am

laurarichardso
n

1Sasha said:

I like your comment, Bodhi. I wish they had scattered his ashes rather than install them at PP. But money is money ...

The urn not his ashes was visable and it is not visable anymore. People were not coming to Paisley Park to see his urn. You guys need to knock it off.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 08/29/17 4:38am

master

margi said:

master said:

i just think that prince was bad as far as taking stuff down but nowhere near as bad as these are. . He was bad and lets face it he could have been more succesful if had common business sense. . Look at floyd mayweather He makes millions a great businessman. Then compare to prince both at the top of the field talentwise. Youtube etc is free promotion and he blocked it so does estate. . . Also prince never used to pay people and they had to go to court to get it. Prince was abit of a crook also you know and very tricky to deal with. His insistance on getting bigger cut on his cds leaft nothing for promotion. He could not see that with promotion he would make much more money. They could have come to a deal with warners on first avenue 83 dvd purple rain deluxe and made it better. Sure they blocked it and they could have come to a deal come to a deal with boxhall. He says not paid for studio time and i believe him .

They do not need to be pains in the ass they can easily make money using common sense but so far they have got everythin wrong.

The estate are run by very greedy people .Every action they have taken as shown themselves to be this. . Every penny as to go to them when done sod all to earn it.

[Edited 8/26/17 6:08am]

[Edited 8/26/17 6:15am]

laurarichardson understands the situation of the estate. The music in the vault belongs to the LLC and is managed under the direction of what Prince set up the LLC to do. The beneficiaries of the LLC named by Prince will financially benefit from income derived from his music legacy. The Estate is made up of Real Estate, PP,personal possesions and vehicles etc. To keep PP running the estate must liquidate what it can and raise money for the state taxes. If you want Prince's music and legacy to continue then you have to allow the "wheels to turn". A will was not necessary as the LLC stands alone and he controls what he wanted by the charter when he set it up. The estate that perhaps would have benefited from a Will was perhaps left to sort itself out as a Will would have been contested much as what has already gone on. I believe the beneficiaries of the LLC will never be known but I am sure his charities are included. I am surprised Van Jones was not more involved in the LLC but we may not know what is really going on there. The LLC is not suject to any state taxes,will remain private always and goes on infinitum.

no she does not understand at all. So they were not allowed to do deal with warners for a better purple rain deluxe?. They had no say in weather deliverance can go ahead or not?. Stop dreaming. They came out with statetment about purple rain musical being not offically endorsed. talking about stabbing yourself in foot. the purple rain musical is actually free promotion for purple rain cd etc. youtube is free promotion . As for warners helping make better products gives it a better chance of sel.ling more

The comparison with mayweather is fair as both of equalt talent . This guy is clever. He knows the value of promotion. Last fight he took on a fighter who had no chance and made 200 million. Prince used to scratch around for peanuts on stuff like a newspaper giveaway and undo agood thing he had going with universal in process by not keeping them informed. . Even people who know nothing about boxing know who floyds is.

All i am saying is the estate have proved themselves to have the pettiness of a 5 year old girl. Prince was a terribel bussinessman. Look at jay z , puff daddy , beyonce. Nowhere near the talent and made millions. He was an idiot in some of those deals. look at the slave fiasco.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 08/29/17 6:59am

1Sasha

laurarichardson said:

1Sasha said:

I like your comment, Bodhi. I wish they had scattered his ashes rather than install them at PP. But money is money ...

The urn not his ashes was visable and it is not visable anymore. People were not coming to Paisley Park to see his urn. You guys need to knock it off.

Listen, I was not and am not in favor or PP being a tourist attraction. And I knew the urn was in one place at the beginning and has been removed from that area. We shall have to agree to disagree on how things have been handled.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 08/29/17 7:25am

laurarichardso
n

1Sasha said:

laurarichardson said:

The urn not his ashes was visable and it is not visable anymore. People were not coming to Paisley Park to see his urn. You guys need to knock it off.

Listen, I was not and am not in favor or PP being a tourist attraction. And I knew the urn was in one place at the beginning and has been removed from that area. We shall have to agree to disagree on how things have been handled.

But that is what Prince wanted. He wanted PP to be used as a museum. Museums are tourist attractions. He had already put exhibits together and the interior designer he hired has shown are mocks up of some of the rooms. Sheila E said she sent up drums and few months before.

He also sent out the plans and blueprints to associates. Why do you not want his wishes to be honored?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 08/29/17 7:43am

purplefam99

I held the possibility that perhaps the ashes were separated, some scattered and some left in the urn at PP? I don't know if that is odd in the realm of cremation, but I thought of it as a possibility. Or that the ashes were scattered and the vessel is in paisley but empty. I don't think where the ashes are located now is nearly as beautiful as before. But it does seem they are safer perhaps.

I appreciate PP being a museum and the celebrations they are holding.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 08/29/17 8:26am

laurarichardso
n

purplefam99 said:

I held the possibility that perhaps the ashes were separated, some scattered and some left in the urn at PP? I don't know if that is odd in the realm of cremation, but I thought of it as a possibility. Or that the ashes were scattered and the vessel is in paisley but empty. I don't think where the ashes are located now is nearly as beautiful as before. But it does seem they are safer perhaps. I appreciate PP being a museum and the celebrations they are holding.

I appreciate it and many people who go seem to enjoy being there.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 08/29/17 8:33am

1Sasha

laurarichardson said:

1Sasha said:

Listen, I was not and am not in favor or PP being a tourist attraction. And I knew the urn was in one place at the beginning and has been removed from that area. We shall have to agree to disagree on how things have been handled.

But that is what Prince wanted. He wanted PP to be used as a museum. Museums are tourist attractions. He had already put exhibits together and the interior designer he hired has shown are mocks up of some of the rooms. Sheila E said she sent up drums and few months before.

He also sent out the plans and blueprints to associates. Why do you not want his wishes to be honored?

There are things he might have wanted, but that doesn't mean those wishes have to be carried out. This is just me. I was not part of the contingent that thought opening PP so quickly was a good idea.

I would have preferred to get everything settled first, but due to the absence of documents, that has not been possible. The music is the priority for me, not real estate. JMO

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 08/29/17 8:35am

laurarichardso
n

1Sasha said:

laurarichardson said:

But that is what Prince wanted. He wanted PP to be used as a museum. Museums are tourist attractions. He had already put exhibits together and the interior designer he hired has shown are mocks up of some of the rooms. Sheila E said she sent up drums and few months before.

He also sent out the plans and blueprints to associates. Why do you not want his wishes to be honored?

There are things he might have wanted, but that doesn't mean those wishes have to be carried out. This is just me. I was not part of the contingent that thought opening PP so quickly was a good idea.

I would have preferred to get everything settled first, but due to the absence of documents, that has not been possible. The music is the priority for me, not real estate. JMO

I think if the knew his wishes and it is possible to pull it off those wishes should be honored.

The family is going to be living off of his money for generations it is called being respectful his house was open to fans when he was alive and I do not care what any else thinks he did not send out business plans just to be friendly. He knew his time might be limited. He should get one thing that he wanted.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 08/29/17 9:51am

rogifan

I live just 2 miles from Paisley Park. I drive by it every day and every day the parking lot is full of cars. Ask Funkenberry, ask associates and they’ll all tell you he wanted it to become a museum and was something he was working on. And based on the fact the parking lot usually full it’s obviously something the public is interested in. Just recently PP announced the battle of the bands ompetition where the winner will get mentoring from NPG members, studio time at Paisley Park and additional career development opportunities. Stop with the nonsense that it’s all about greedy family members/others just trying to make money off Prince.

The music side of things is clearly more complicated. Based on comments and actions from siblings it sure seems like they are more involved with or have more ownership of Paisley Park than they do the music right now. Of course all the issues with Universal didn’t help matters. People talk about all this music that should be out there right now...OK who’s distributing it? Warner Bros? Someone else? Isn’t that what the Universal deal was all about? Who distributes new music now?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 08/29/17 11:07am

laurarichardso
n

rogifan said:

I live just 2 miles from Paisley Park. I drive by it every day and every day the parking lot is full of cars. Ask Funkenberry, ask associates and they’ll all tell you he wanted it to become a museum and was something he was working on. And based on the fact the parking lot usually full it’s obviously something the public is interested in. Just recently PP announced the battle of the bands ompetition where the winner will get mentoring from NPG members, studio time at Paisley Park and additional career development opportunities. Stop with the nonsense that it’s all about greedy family members/others just trying to make money off Prince. The music side of things is clearly more complicated. Based on comments and actions from siblings it sure seems like they are more involved with or have more ownership of Paisley Park than they do the music right now. Of course all the issues with Universal didn’t help matters. People talk about all this music that should be out there right now...OK who’s distributing it? Warner Bros? Someone else? Isn’t that what the Universal deal was all about? Who distributes new music now?

For the time until the WB contract ends WB will be handling WB stuff. I hope they do something with the SOTT. I think they family will either find another company to handle the rest or will have to do it themselves. You cannot force companies to take on the vault material if they do not feel it is valuable.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 08/29/17 3:07pm

Astasheiks

avatar

laurarichardson said:

1Sasha said:

I like your comment, Bodhi. I wish they had scattered his ashes rather than install them at PP. But money is money ...

The urn not his ashes was visable and it is not visable anymore. People were not coming to Paisley Park to see his urn. You guys need to knock it off.

But I assume the urn is kept somewhere in PP, right? confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 08/29/17 3:21pm

laurarichardso
n

Astasheiks said:



laurarichardson said:




1Sasha said:


I like your comment, Bodhi. I wish they had scattered his ashes rather than install them at PP. But money is money ...



The urn not his ashes was visable and it is not visable anymore. People were not coming to Paisley Park to see his urn. You guys need to knock it off.




But I assume the urn is kept somewhere in PP, right? confused


I don't know but the point is the urn is not visable to the public which is what was disturbing people.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 08/29/17 3:28pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Prince was the sole owner of the LLC.
There are no "beneficiaries" to a LLC other than the legal heirs.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 08/29/17 3:38pm

laurarichardso
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Prince was the sole owner of the LLC.
There are no "beneficiaries" to a LLC other than the legal heirs.

Once again how do you know that their are not silent members or a trust is a silent members. Anything to do with financial matters has been redacted and now we keep seeing the LLC separated from the estate in Comerica era documents. Have you seen anything that specifically states that the LLC is separate?
[Edited 8/29/17 15:40pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 08/29/17 3:45pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

laurarichardson said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

Prince was the sole owner of the LLC.
There are no "beneficiaries" to a LLC other than the legal heirs.

Once again how do you know that their are not silent members or a trust is a silent members. Anything to do with financial matters has been redacted and now we keep seeing the LLC separated from the estate in Comerica era documents. Have you seen anything that specifically states that the LLC is separate?
[Edited 8/29/17 15:40pm]

Because that is not how LLCs run by law.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 08/29/17 5:12pm

rogifan

Astasheiks said:



laurarichardson said:




1Sasha said:


I like your comment, Bodhi. I wish they had scattered his ashes rather than install them at PP. But money is money ...



The urn not his ashes was visable and it is not visable anymore. People were not coming to Paisley Park to see his urn. You guys need to knock it off.




But I assume the urn is kept somewhere in PP, right? confused


Yes when I was there it was in the atrium but up above as if Prince was looking down on all of us. It didn’t bother me at all.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 08/29/17 6:06pm

laurarichardso
n

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

laurarichardson said:


Once again how do you know that their are not silent members or a trust is a silent members. Anything to do with financial matters has been redacted and now we keep seeing the LLC separated from the estate in Comerica era documents. Have you seen anything that specifically states that the LLC is separate?
[Edited 8/29/17 15:40pm]

Because that is not how LLCs run by law.

LLC can have silent members and we are not going to see any info about this in the court docs.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 08/29/17 6:20pm

purplefam99

laurarichardson said:

Astasheiks said:



laurarichardson said:




1Sasha said:


I like your comment, Bodhi. I wish they had scattered his ashes rather than install them at PP. But money is money ...



The urn not his ashes was visable and it is not visable anymore. People were not coming to Paisley Park to see his urn. You guys need to knock it off.




But I assume the urn is kept somewhere in PP, right? confused


I don't know but the point is the urn is not visable to the public which is what was disturbing people.



When were people saying it bothered them? I suppose it could.

It didn't bother me when it was low, I'm glad I got to be that close before they moved it. It made me feel good, close, familial. But I understand.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 08/29/17 6:20pm

laurarichardso
n

laurarichardson said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:


Because that is not how LLCs run by law.

LLC can have silent members and we are not going to see any info about this in the court docs.

We have no idea how the LLC was set up at all. Just like we no view of the Equity term sheet Tidal claims they have with a signature via Power of Attorney. We simply do not have access to these docs.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 08/29/17 8:13pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

laurarichardson said:

laurarichardson said:


LLC can have silent members and we are not going to see any info about this in the court docs.

We have no idea how the LLC was set up at all. Just like we no view of the Equity term sheet Tidal claims they have with a signature via Power of Attorney. We simply do not have access to these docs.

I have an idea how Ps LLCs were set up because they are governed by laws.
As I have discussed with you previously silent members are owners who provide capital to the LLCs but do not want to be involved in the daily operation of the LLCs. Silent member does not mean their identity is a secret.
The court documents state P was the sole owner of his LLCs and sole shareholder of his corporation.
If you want to continue to believe your fiction have at it.
[Edited 8/29/17 20:17pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 08/29/17 8:45pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

laurarichardson said:
Once again how do you know that their are not silent members or a trust is a silent members. Anything to do with financial matters has been redacted and now we keep seeing the LLC separated from the estate in Comerica era documents. Have you seen anything that specifically states that the LLC is separate? [Edited 8/29/17 15:40pm]
Because that is not how LLCs run by law.

LR doesn't care about no damn law. LR cares about the narrative that Prince left a brilliant 'business plan' instead of a will. LOL

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 08/29/17 9:26pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

and PS: I am a silent partner in several LLC's and my name, address, social security number, etc, etc, etc. are all over the legal documents relating to these entities. Far from being 'silent', my participation in LLC's are among the most invasive of my investments. LR...estate law is not your area of expertise, you're embarassing yourself.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 08/29/17 10:37pm

sonshine

avatar

Prince made it quite clear his beloved PP would be, and it was, a welcome destination for his fans. I hope PP endures forever. It's going to have to make money for that to happen. Simple as that.
The music end of it with all the confusing legalities is over my head. But one thing seems clear: it's a hot mess. The longer it takes the more distant his memory becomes, and the less interested music lovers will become. Then again, he never really seemed that motivated at winning new fans with his album releases per se. He, as much or even more than most musicians, depended upon live performances to keep the big machine rolling. His stellar reputation as a live performer was cemented. That was his bread and butter and that significant revenue is lost now forever. Seems no small worry for those left in charge i would think.
It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it. We all need one another. ~ PRN
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 08/29/17 10:54pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

sonshine said:

Prince made it quite clear his beloved PP would be, and it was, a welcome destination for his fans. I hope PP endures forever. It's going to have to make money for that to happen. Simple as that. The music end of it with all the confusing legalities is over my head. But one thing seems clear: it's a hot mess. The longer it takes the more distant his memory becomes, and the less interested music lovers will become. Then again, he never really seemed that motivated at winning new fans with his album releases per se. He, as much or even more than most musicians, depended upon live performances to keep the big machine rolling. His stellar reputation as a live performer was cemented. That was his bread and butter and that significant revenue is lost now forever. Seems no small worry for those left in charge i would think.

But LR insists that that lost revenue from live performances can be easily replaced by turning the Prince catalogue into a jingle machine for movies and commercials. rolleyes If Prince had a grave, he's be rolling over in it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 08/30/17 4:05am

1Sasha

Well said, sonshine. The Elvis brigade sees the Elvis light dimming now, 40 years after his death since the majority of his fans are passing, too. I cannot see a 40-year span for PP and Prince, not with the way things are. But that is just me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 08/30/17 4:29am

Purplestar88

1Sasha said:

Well said, sonshine. The Elvis brigade sees the Elvis light dimming now, 40 years after his death since the majority of his fans are passing, too. I cannot see a 40-year span for PP and Prince, not with the way things are. But that is just me.

Everything will be fine for Elvis and Prince. When you are legendary like these two your light will never dim. I can see a 40 year span for PP if they come with new and excited ideas.

[Edited 8/30/17 4:35am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 08/30/17 4:36am

rogifan

Bodhitheblackdog said:



sonshine said:


Prince made it quite clear his beloved PP would be, and it was, a welcome destination for his fans. I hope PP endures forever. It's going to have to make money for that to happen. Simple as that. The music end of it with all the confusing legalities is over my head. But one thing seems clear: it's a hot mess. The longer it takes the more distant his memory becomes, and the less interested music lovers will become. Then again, he never really seemed that motivated at winning new fans with his album releases per se. He, as much or even more than most musicians, depended upon live performances to keep the big machine rolling. His stellar reputation as a live performer was cemented. That was his bread and butter and that significant revenue is lost now forever. Seems no small worry for those left in charge i would think.

But LR insists that that lost revenue from live performances can be easily replaced by turning the Prince catalogue into a jingle machine for movies and commercials. rolleyes If Prince had a grave, he's be rolling over in it.


Not that I love the idea of his music littering TV commercials but when he took his music publishing in-house in 2014 the press release sent out included this:

NPG Music Publishing is now actively seeking placement for some of Prince's songs in film, television, video games and the commercial realm.


Source: http://www.hollywoodrepor...use-693754

IoUt6.jpg

So who is running NPG Music Publishing now? Troy Carter?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 08/30/17 6:48am

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

Graceland has 600000 visitors a year, still 40 years after Elvis death, that's about 1650 visitors per day, and they generate somewhere around 30 million a year in sales and merchandising etc. How much could it cost to keep paisley park open...does anyone know how many people visit a day? Also there is still going to be triple digit millions left in princes estate after it is settled, and if his family really believes he wanted paisley to remain open, they can pony up any deficits from their inheritance...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 17 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 10 .... Continued