independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 16th Jul 2019 5:51pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > "It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/27/17 8:37am

Astasheiks

avatar

"It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me"

Anybody heard this? Discuss

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1317742681669299&set=pcb.1317742865002614&type=3&theater

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/27/17 9:02am

CandyCool

Astasheiks said:

Anybody heard this? Discuss



https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1317742681669299&set=pcb.1317742865002614&type=3&theater



Barry White
It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next to Me https://g.co/kgs/64z995
biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/27/17 9:23am

Astasheiks

avatar

smile haha Ah Man, Old School. Would have loved to see Prince cover this at the 3121 residency in Vegas. Anybody get to see this?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/27/17 9:23am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

eek Y'all don't know the Barry White classic?!!!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/27/17 11:26am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

eek Y'all don't know the Barry White classic?!!!


That's what I'm sayin'! That ain't some rare ass shit either. It's on every freakin' Barry White compilation out there. And even Robbie Williams sampled it on "Rock DJ" (2000).

I say this in the most jovial and funny way possible to the OP, but bruh, were you just born??? lol
Here ya go:




This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/27/17 12:27pm

RumAndRaisin

avatar

He covered this, mashed up with Mary J Blige's Be Happy on one of the o2 aftershows, i think 6th september? It was great. A great Renato solo in there too.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/27/17 12:39pm

Astasheiks

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

purplethunder3121 said:

eek Y'all don't know the Barry White classic?!!!


That's what I'm sayin'! That ain't some rare ass shit either. It's on every freakin' Barry White compilation out there. And even Robbie Williams sampled it on "Rock DJ" (2000).

I say this in the most jovial and funny way possible to the OP, but bruh, were you just born??? lol
Here ya go:




lol Naw, I'm kinda of old smile , I just had forgotten about it

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/27/17 8:05pm

Asenath0607

RumAndRaisin said:

He covered this, mashed up with Mary J Blige's Be Happy on one of the o2 aftershows, i think 6th september? It was great. A great Renato solo in there too.

God, I would love to hear that

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/27/17 8:07pm

Asenath0607

TrivialPursuit said:

purplethunder3121 said:

eek Y'all don't know the Barry White classic?!!!


That's what I'm sayin'! That ain't some rare ass shit either. It's on every freakin' Barry White compilation out there. And even Robbie Williams sampled it on "Rock DJ" (2000).

I say this in the most jovial and funny way possible to the OP, but bruh, were you just born??? lol
Here ya go:




Maybe the OP meant has anybody heard when Prince did it?????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/29/17 2:03am

RumAndRaisin

avatar

Asenath0607 said:

RumAndRaisin said:

He covered this, mashed up with Mary J Blige's Be Happy on one of the o2 aftershows, i think 6th september? It was great. A great Renato solo in there too.

God, I would love to hear that

There were a lot of bootlegs of those shows, i'm not sure how easy they are to obtain but i guess they're online somewhere.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > "It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me"