independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 20th Jan 2020 8:58am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > moon phases on clothing
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/16/16 4:05am

paulludvig

moon phases on clothing

Many of Prince's clothes in his last year were decorated with moon phases. Just a fashion statement? A new album cover? Some New Age ideas? And please do not turn this in to another "He knew he was dying" thread.

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/16/16 5:51am

laurarichardso
n

paulludvig said:

Many of Prince's clothes in his last year were decorated with moon phases. Just a fashion statement? A new album cover? Some New Age ideas? And please do not turn this in to another "He knew he was dying" thread.

He was suppose to be doing a jazz record for Blue Note so maybe this was going to be the album artwork.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/16/16 6:23am

paulludvig

laurarichardson said:

paulludvig said:

Many of Prince's clothes in his last year were decorated with moon phases. Just a fashion statement? A new album cover? Some New Age ideas? And please do not turn this in to another "He knew he was dying" thread.

He was suppose to be doing a jazz record for Blue Note so maybe this was going to be the album artwork.

I think so too. Wearing album art work on his clothes was something he did at least since 20ten.

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/16/16 6:50am

anangellooksdo
wn

I always think of Prince when I see the moon now.
I meditate at night looking at it. There are a few others I feel too, but Prince is one of them now.
I definitely believe there is a connection to Prince and the moon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/16/16 8:07am

coldasice

Then he covered "The Whole of the Moon". "you just saw the crescent, I saw the whole of the moon". Not a coincidence...even though the song was written as a tribute to P. Who else can get away with covering their own tribute? Lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/16/16 8:15am

paulludvig

coldasice said:

Then he covered "The Whole of the Moon". "you just saw the crescent, I saw the whole of the moon". Not a coincidence...even though the song was written as a tribute to P. Who else can get away with covering their own tribute? Lol

biggrin

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/17/16 5:17pm

Elvie

avatar

coldasice said:

Then he covered "The Whole of the Moon". "you just saw the crescent, I saw the whole of the moon". Not a coincidence...even though the song was written as a tribute to P. Who else can get away with covering their own tribute? Lol


I thought it was influenced by a number of people but wasn't written specifically as a tribute to Prince?
[Edited 12/17/16 17:23pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/18/16 4:20am

Lovejunky

avatar

Elvie said:

coldasice said:
Then he covered "The Whole of the Moon". "you just saw the crescent, I saw the whole of the moon". Not a coincidence...even though the song was written as a tribute to P. Who else can get away with covering their own tribute? Lol
I thought it was influenced by a number of people but wasn't written specifically as a tribute to Prince? [Edited 12/17/16 17:23pm]

Its was a rumour....

Mike Scott specifically stated the Song was NOT about Prince !

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/18/16 6:23am

coldasice

Missed the point. The moon phases and the song are intertwined...As in the partial story (Cresent) & the full story (Whole) moon is just a metaphor. I think he in incorporated that image based off listening to that song.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > moon phases on clothing