independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Last song you saw Prince play live
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 4 <1234
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 05/26/16 2:20am

felixcat67

avatar

joyousflame said:

I can't remember the song. I just remembered the way he left the show on his Bicycle. I was joking with friends that he was going to ride BART with it. The show was Piano and a Microphone in Oakland.

I believe it was Adore on the third encore. I was there too remembering him on his bicycle.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 05/26/16 3:40am

washa

Free Urself, Piano & Mic, Perth, 25th Feb 2016
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 05/26/16 4:24am

jasontate

avatar

She's always in my hair. Roundhouse, London 2014.

The show was fabulous. My favourite rendition of 'A case of U' with ridiculous vocals.

The Max, was amazing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 05/26/16 4:52am

bluegangsta

avatar

jodznsez said:

Purple Rain - Melbourne 16th Feb (show 2 10pm) this year.

That night was a religious experience, i was in tears all night, went on my own. Never been so happy musically in my life. What a night.

Ditto! I listen to that recording all the time. That show was a masterful dichotomy.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 05/26/16 9:14am

radici27

Days of Wilds at The Mohegan Sun Arena, 2013

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 05/26/16 11:05am

jillybean

avatar

U Got the Look. Last song at the first Myth show on the LOL tour in MN in 2013.

"She made me glad to be a man"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 05/26/16 11:13am

Farfunknugin

avatar

Free Ureself - Oracle Arena last march sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 05/26/16 11:44am

timmie

ThePartyman said:

Live It Up

Manchester, 17th May 2014

Ditto - and now so glad we made the trek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 05/26/16 11:53am

joyousflame

felixcat67 said:



joyousflame said:


I can't remember the song. I just remembered the way he left the show on his Bicycle. I was joking with friends that he was going to ride BART with it. The show was Piano and a Microphone in Oakland.

I believe it was Adore on the third encore. I was there too remembering him on his bicycle.


What a perfect exit. I'll never forget that show.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 05/26/16 11:54am

JediNation

"the love we make", Detroit 2015

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 05/26/16 11:55am

Exetergirl

I don't know. The last time I saw Prince was the second last night of the Earth tour at London O2, but I can't find the set list. This is bugging me now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 05/26/16 11:55am

nonames

I've just realised it was Sometimes It Snows in April, in Leeds First Direct Arena

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 05/26/16 11:57am

skipthecharade
s

skipthecharades said:

Purple Rain, May 25 2014, Ziggodome Amsterdam.

Wow, did not even release it was exactly 2 yrs ago when I posted this yesterday eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 05/26/16 12:17pm

RaspberryKiren

avatar

Baby I'm A Star - Hop Farm, July 3rd 2011

The Orger Formerly Known As Raspberry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 05/26/16 12:19pm

onediva

Essence Fest 2014 in New Orleans

Last Few songs of the set list:
Glpamorous Life [Sheila E]
Encore:
Purple Rain
Second Encore:
Days of Wild
Ain’t Nobody Love Me Better [Chaka Kahn song]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 05/26/16 4:02pm

Adorecream

MrSquiggle said:

Adorecream said:

Free Urself at midnight of Feb24/25 2016 and it was us doing most of the singing!!! This was the 2nd of the 2 Auckland shows. I can say I have seen all of Prince's performances in New Zealand!

.

Memories I will treasure, only a man with Prince's talent and Charisma could have an audience singing a song that 95% of them had never heard before to end a show.

.

I was so lucky to see those shows and glad I recorded my reactions for posterity and of course kept the tickets, bands and every thing else for posterity. That night, the purple reigned, even the Skytower was bathed in Purple.

[Edited 5/25/16 22:59pm]

It's amazing how much "Free Urself" came alive on that tour. The released version on Tidal is awful, lifeless. The arrangement is really dull-- you barely remember it after you've heard it. With just a piano it became this amazing spiritual thing that everyone got on their feet for, like a gospel service. Amazing. Doesn't even sound like the same track. "Screwdriver", "Rock N Roll Love Affair" and "The Max" improved in similar ways as well. What an amazing experience that tour was.

Agree totally, Prince even gave us rousing versions of 2Y2D and Big City at those shows and if you see the thread in concerts, that was a very inspired track list at those shows, a great mixture of the hits, new tracks and some very obscure stuff like Purple Music and Noon Rendezvous, amongst the delight of 10 songs off Sign o the Times being played at both shows. I feel like Prince was actaully listening to some of his own bootleges when he was deciding what to play on his tour.

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 05/26/16 10:09pm

IanRG

MrSquiggle said:

gollygirl said:

Purple Rain - Sydney Opera House - Piano & Mic - Show 2

Same. I was at both shows that night. Thank God we were there.

Same, I have been carrying the purple Prince ribbon we had to wear in my top pocket since the day he died

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 05/26/16 10:30pm

Charm4ever

Purple Rain-Atlanta-2016

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 05/26/16 10:43pm

geetee71

avatar

.

"What's My Name" - 7th June 2014 with 3RDEYEGIRL in Vienna (Hit And Run Part II)

.

It was a great trip & gig (Pince's 'born day' 7th - my birthday 8th) and the memory will forever be a good one.

.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 05/26/16 11:01pm

kristar

'Free Urself' @ State Theatre Sydney, Show #2 - 21 Feb 2016.

While I'm at it, the first was 'Thunder' @ Sydney Entertainment Centre, 24 April 1992.

Ahh, memories touched

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 05/27/16 3:26am

remko

avatar

Purple rain. Amsterdam, 25th of May 2014.

[Edited 5/27/16 3:26am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 06/01/16 3:24am

Adorecream

MrSquiggle said:

Adorecream said:

Free Urself at midnight of Feb24/25 2016 and it was us doing most of the singing!!! This was the 2nd of the 2 Auckland shows. I can say I have seen all of Prince's performances in New Zealand!

.

Memories I will treasure, only a man with Prince's talent and Charisma could have an audience singing a song that 95% of them had never heard before to end a show.

.

I was so lucky to see those shows and glad I recorded my reactions for posterity and of course kept the tickets, bands and every thing else for posterity. That night, the purple reigned, even the Skytower was bathed in Purple.

[Edited 5/25/16 22:59pm]

It's amazing how much "Free Urself" came alive on that tour. The released version on Tidal is awful, lifeless. The arrangement is really dull-- you barely remember it after you've heard it. With just a piano it became this amazing spiritual thing that everyone got on their feet for, like a gospel service. Amazing. Doesn't even sound like the same track. "Screwdriver", "Rock N Roll Love Affair" and "The Max" improved in similar ways as well. What an amazing experience that tour was.

Ain't that the truth Ruth! He took us to church with that number. The Holy spirit was up in the building, the Purple Preacher in full effect and he was singing to the choir, hallejulah!

That shit was funnnn keeeyyyy

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 06/04/16 3:04pm

motherfunka

avatar

kristar said:

'Free Urself' @ State Theatre Sydney, Show #2 - 21 Feb 2016.

While I'm at it, the first was 'Thunder' @ Sydney Entertainment Centre, 24 April 1992.

Ahh, memories touched

My first was Let's Go Crazy at Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, IN, April 1, 1985.

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 06/04/16 3:22pm

grantevans

avatar

"Free Urself" on February 21st at the State Theatre in Sydney.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 4 <1234
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Last song you saw Prince play live