independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 11th Nov 2019 5:03pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Lack of a public memorial is frustrating
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/03/16 11:29am

Dauphin

avatar

Lack of a public memorial is frustrating

Yes I understand that there are a lot of ts to cross and is to dot. I also understand that past band members are planning a show, and I can't wait to go.

That said, I still need a little more closure by making a final trip to Paisley Park, but I don't want to just go and turn around and come back. I'm looking for another Celebration level event, even a one or two-day thing.

Sorry, just felt like getting that off my chest. Thank you.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/03/16 11:35am

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

I understand but not sure I want to go and him not be there. I think it would make it worse not better - or maybe it would be OK. Heck I don't know. cry

Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/03/16 11:38am

Genesia

avatar

Dauphin said:

Yes I understand that there are a lot of ts to cross and is to dot. I also understand that past band members are planning a show, and I can't wait to go. That said, I still need a little more closure by making a final trip to Paisley Park, but I don't want to just go and turn around and come back. I'm looking for another Celebration level event, even a one or two-day thing. Sorry, just felt like getting that off my chest. Thank you.


Yes, yes - we know. Because Prince dying is about you.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/03/16 11:56am

Dauphin

avatar

Genesia said:



Dauphin said:


Yes I understand that there are a lot of ts to cross and is to dot. I also understand that past band members are planning a show, and I can't wait to go. That said, I still need a little more closure by making a final trip to Paisley Park, but I don't want to just go and turn around and come back. I'm looking for another Celebration level event, even a one or two-day thing. Sorry, just felt like getting that off my chest. Thank you.


Yes, yes - we know. Because Prince dying is about you.



Actually, everything in life is about you as an individual and how you choose to interact with the universe around you.

Otherwise, it's completely fruitless caring about specks of Cosmic dust that will eventually return to Cosmic dust. No reason to love anybody because all you are doing is feeding your own self importance. No reason to eat because you're going to die anyway, and nobody should care about you to begin with.

Or... Or...

Accept that there is a personal relation that we have, in our own way with Prince, his music, etc. And accept that we all have a process to go through. And part of my process is to visit the park and celebrate his life.

I'm talking about an official memorial, as obviously there have been multiple impromptu celebrations.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/03/16 12:10pm

Genesia

avatar

Dauphin said:

Genesia said:


Yes, yes - we know. Because Prince dying is about you.

Actually, everything in life is about you as an individual and how you choose to interact with the universe around you. Otherwise, it's completely fruitless caring about specks of Cosmic dust that will eventually return to Cosmic dust. No reason to love anybody because all you are doing is feeding your own self importance. No reason to eat because you're going to die anyway, and nobody should care about you to begin with. Or... Or... Accept that there is a personal relation that we have, in our own way with Prince, his music, etc. And accept that we all have a process to go through. And part of my process is to visit the park and celebrate his life. I'm talking about an official memorial, as obviously there have been multiple impromptu celebrations.


And so people have an obligation to plan something to enable you to do that? Sounds pretty selfish, to me.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/03/16 12:12pm

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

Hold on Genesia - I think if anything you are lashing out for no reason. We are all grieving in our way and if Dauphin wants and needs this for closure how is this selfish and why such a big deal to you.

Take it easy please.

Peace.

Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/03/16 12:13pm

Genesia

avatar

strawberrybubblegum said:

Hold on Genesia - I think if anything you are lashing out for no reason. We are all grieving in our way and if Dauphin wants and needs this for closure how is this selfish and why such a big deal to you.

Take it easy please.

Peace.


Nobody is taking issue with people grieving in their own way. It's the notion that people are obligated to throw a party so Dauphin can feel special that's the problem.

And who was talking to you, anyway?

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/03/16 12:52pm

Dauphin

avatar

Genesia said:



strawberrybubblegum said:


Hold on Genesia - I think if anything you are lashing out for no reason. We are all grieving in our way and if Dauphin wants and needs this for closure how is this selfish and why such a big deal to you.



Take it easy please.



Peace.




Nobody is taking issue with people grieving in their own way. It's the notion that people are obligated to throw a party so Dauphin can feel special that's the problem.



And who was talking to you, anyway?



This is very interesting. Usually when somebody dies, it's custom, at least in my country and culture, to have an official public visitation or memorial.

The bit about the Celebration is a "that would be awesome" statement, but an independent statement from the frustration from the lack of a public memorial.

So apperantly you feel public memorials are selfish. For anybody. Ever.

Alright, then.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/03/16 12:54pm

FunkiestOne

avatar

Genesia said:

Dauphin said:

Yes I understand that there are a lot of ts to cross and is to dot. I also understand that past band members are planning a show, and I can't wait to go. That said, I still need a little more closure by making a final trip to Paisley Park, but I don't want to just go and turn around and come back. I'm looking for another Celebration level event, even a one or two-day thing. Sorry, just felt like getting that off my chest. Thank you.


Yes, yes - we know. Because Prince dying is about you.

A public memorial is about him/her..and about everone else who goes. Prince isn't going to get anything out if it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/03/16 12:55pm

egansmind

I was thinking the same thing

I would have thought some sort of memorial would have taken place so fans can honour the legend

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/03/16 1:05pm

Genesia

avatar

People, it's been less than two weeks since he died! Do you have ANY clue what it takes to pull something like this together - especially for someone who had the kind of following Prince did? The logistics would be insane under the best of circumstances - and it doesn't sound like anyone in the family really has the wherewithal to get it done. You lost an idol - they lost a family member. A little understanding is in order.

You could have gotten your ass on a plane and stuck flowers into the fence around Paisley Park like so many other people have. But let's be real here - that doesn't fit YOUR agenda. You want someone to throw a party. Why, exactly, does anyone owe you that?



[Edited 5/3/16 13:06pm]

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/03/16 1:30pm

Dauphin

avatar

Genesia said:

People, it's been less than two weeks since he died! Do you have ANY clue what it takes to pull something like this together - especially for someone who had the kind of following Prince did? The logistics would be insane under the best of circumstances - and it doesn't sound like anyone in the family really has the wherewithal to get it done. You lost an idol - they lost a family member. A little understanding is in order.



You could have gotten your ass on a plane and stuck flowers into the fence around Paisley Park like so many other people have. But let's be real here - that doesn't fit YOUR agenda. You want someone to throw a party. Why, exactly, does anyone owe you that?




[Edited 5/3/16 13:06pm]




Is there an official statement saying "The public memorial for one of the greatest artists of our time will be this fence"?

Does it fit your own agenda that there not be any public memorial?

What are you going to say when there is a public memorial? "Shut it down, nobody deserves it, nobody deserves anything".

I don't accept that a business entity that could plan and arrange full international tours, hit and run shows, weeklong celebrations, etc., is not capable of what it takes to pull something like this together. In fact, my understanding is that is exactly what they are doing. Only, there are no official statements beyond past band members saying something is in the works.

That all well and good, but, as i opened the thread with, the lack of a public memorial is becoming frustrating.

Also, the family had a private memorial. And not all the family was invited to attend. Not sure what you mean by bringing that up.
[Edited 5/3/16 13:33pm]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/03/16 1:38pm

Genesia

avatar

Dauphin said:

Genesia said:

People, it's been less than two weeks since he died! Do you have ANY clue what it takes to pull something like this together - especially for someone who had the kind of following Prince did? The logistics would be insane under the best of circumstances - and it doesn't sound like anyone in the family really has the wherewithal to get it done. You lost an idol - they lost a family member. A little understanding is in order.

You could have gotten your ass on a plane and stuck flowers into the fence around Paisley Park like so many other people have. But let's be real here - that doesn't fit YOUR agenda. You want someone to throw a party. Why, exactly, does anyone owe you that?



[Edited 5/3/16 13:06pm]

Is there an official statement saying "The public memorial for one of the greatest artists of our time will be this fence"? Does it fit your own agenda that there not be any public memorial? What are you going to say when there is a public memorial? "Shut it down, nobody deserves it, nobody deserves anything". I don't accept that a business entity that could plan and arrange full international tours, hit and run shows, weeklong celebrations, etc., is not capable of what it takes to pull something like this together. In fact, my understanding is that is exactly what they are doing. Only, there are no official statements beyond past band members saying something is in the works. That all well and good, but, as i opened the thread with, the lack of a public memorial is becoming frustrating.


I never said there shouldn't be a memorial of some sort. But I don't think it should happen because bunch of douche nozzles threw a hissy fit. Hell's bells - the man's ashes are barely cold.

When was Prince's last "full international tour"? When was the last Celebration? Paisley Park hasn't been staffed at that level for a long time. It's going to take awhile for this to happen.

Use the time constructively by getting over yourself.

[Edited 5/3/16 13:38pm]

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/03/16 1:59pm

Eileen

Genesia said:

I never said there shouldn't be a memorial of some sort. But I don't think it should happen because bunch of douche nozzles threw a hissy fit. Hell's bells - the man's ashes are barely cold.

When was Prince's last "full international tour"? When was the last Celebration? Paisley Park hasn't been staffed at that level for a long time. It's going to take awhile for this to happen.

Use the time constructively by getting over yourself.


The only one here who sounds like a douche nozzle throwing a hissy fit is you.


Get over yourself, indeed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/03/16 2:01pm

panpac777

avatar

Me Too. Kinda getting frustrated!

I only have so much leway on getting the correct time off from both my jobs!

I think something is coming out wednesday tomorrow 05/04/16. fdeluxe on facebook the family posted to keep an eye out for info on the tribute tomorrow.

I hope it will by similar to the celebration events in 2000-2001 also but it will be a mouning event for the fans this time around. We will have to be there 4OneAnother instead of just for P.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/03/16 2:03pm

Genesia

avatar

Eileen said:

Genesia said:

I never said there shouldn't be a memorial of some sort. But I don't think it should happen because bunch of douche nozzles threw a hissy fit. Hell's bells - the man's ashes are barely cold.

When was Prince's last "full international tour"? When was the last Celebration? Paisley Park hasn't been staffed at that level for a long time. It's going to take awhile for this to happen.

Use the time constructively by getting over yourself.


The only one here who sounds like a douche nozzle throwing a hissy fit is you.


Get over yourself, indeed.


You're right. As a wise person once said, "Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I'm done.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/03/16 2:07pm

rainbowchild

avatar

We'll get one eventually. I'm sure the Billboard Music Awards this month will pay tribute to Prince as well!
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."

"Am I black or white? Am I straight or gay?"

"We had fun, didn't we?"
-Prince (1958-2016) 4ever in my life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/03/16 2:35pm

destinyc1

As i said in another thread he was a big star and should go out like one.yes,his fans want a place to say goodbye.If its selfish oh fn well.I WILL JUST SAY IT ...IT FEELS LIKE MJ WAS THE BIGGER CELEB IN DEATH.My opinion and im voicing it.Dont like it oh well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/03/16 2:59pm

violectrica

avatar

Prince was a bigger talent than Mj to me yet received less attention. Sucks.
Trufax: My daddy told me the he and mom went to Purple Rain in a Seattle Theater. They were so moved by the movie that they went into the record store and bought the album immediately. They went home and conceived me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/03/16 3:07pm

destinyc1

violectrica said:

Prince was a bigger talent than Mj to me yet received less attention. Sucks.

Exactly.... Thats what i was trying to say.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/03/16 4:19pm

Dauphin

avatar

strawberrybubblegum said:

I understand but not sure I want to go and him not be there. I think it would make it worse not better - or maybe it would be OK. Heck I don't know. cry



That's a good point. Personally, I had some excellent experiences at the Park, and they were based around him preforming. However, the 2000 celebration was spectacular, and the only performance was at the university, and he made a couple of walkthroughs. That kind of celebrating atmosphere is what I'm hoping for when something does happen.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/03/16 4:22pm

Dauphin

avatar

panpac777 said:

Me Too. Kinda getting frustrated!


I only have so much leway on getting the correct time off from both my jobs!


I think something is coming out wednesday tomorrow 05/04/16. fdeluxe on facebook the family posted to keep an eye out for info on the tribute tomorrow.


I hope it will by similar to the celebration events in 2000-2001 also but it will be a mouning event for the fans this time around. We will have to be there 4OneAnother instead of just for P.



That is great news, thank you!

I'm in the same boat. I can't just drop everything, and any lead time goes a long way for me. I appreciate the heads up and direction on where to look.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/04/16 3:10am

SapereAude

avatar

I am patient & thankful for people in the Prince community being so accessible, they dont have to post things on social media (stories, condolences etc.), but they have & it has kept us fans in the loop. Prince had many musical peers, getting everyone on board while grieving simultaneously can't be easy. It is amazing how many grass root, if you would, tributes have been popping up, in Minneapolis & all over the world. I am not so sure Prince would have wanted one huge memorial. Judging from the small scale of his funeral, I imagine he'd be more aligned with something intimate. Personal. Not ostentatious. Respecting his wishes until the end is so important.

The Revolution made a statement on Facebook a few days after Prince passed, they are in talks to organize something. The Time have already announced a comeback MN show, I think for June 30th. The family (fdeluxe) are brainstorming as well... there is much to look forward to.
"All the world is faith, trust and pixie dust...''

rose Love gets in my eyes, yet I can see clearer than I've ever seen yes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/04/16 3:16am

Bohemian67

avatar

Dauphin said:

Yes I understand that there are a lot of ts to cross and is to dot. I also understand that past band members are planning a show, and I can't wait to go. That said, I still need a little more closure by making a final trip to Paisley Park, but I don't want to just go and turn around and come back. I'm looking for another Celebration level event, even a one or two-day thing. Sorry, just felt like getting that off my chest. Thank you.

.

Please vent as much as you want. That's why we're here. Love 4 one another.

I get your drift. Try and think on another note.... a public memorial is going to be so much like a real saying goodbye and having to accept that he is gone. I am not ready. It is just not time yet to say goodbye... Hope this helps a little. hug

"Free URself, B the best that U can B, 3rd Apartment from the Sun, nothing left to fear" Prince Rogers Nelson - Forever in my Life -
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/04/16 5:20am

FUNKNROLL

Dauphin said:

Genesia said:

People, it's been less than two weeks since he died! Do you have ANY clue what it takes to pull something like this together - especially for someone who had the kind of following Prince did? The logistics would be insane under the best of circumstances - and it doesn't sound like anyone in the family really has the wherewithal to get it done. You lost an idol - they lost a family member. A little understanding is in order.



You could have gotten your ass on a plane and stuck flowers into the fence around Paisley Park like so many other people have. But let's be real here - that doesn't fit YOUR agenda. You want someone to throw a party. Why, exactly, does anyone owe you that?




[Edited 5/3/16 13:06pm]




Is there an official statement saying "The public memorial for one of the greatest artists of our time will be this fence"?

Does it fit your own agenda that there not be any public memorial?

What are you going to say when there is a public memorial? "Shut it down, nobody deserves it, nobody deserves anything".

I don't accept that a business entity that could plan and arrange full international tours, hit and run shows, weeklong celebrations, etc., is not capable of what it takes to pull something like this together. In fact, my understanding is that is exactly what they are doing. Only, there are no official statements beyond past band members saying something is in the works.

That all well and good, but, as i opened the thread with, the lack of a public memorial is becoming frustrating.

Also, the family had a private memorial. And not all the family was invited to attend. Not sure what you mean by bringing that up.
[Edited 5/3/16 13:33pm]


Objectively - yes, funerals are for the living... as they say. I think the point being made is "what are you doing to make that memorial happen"? It's reasonable to voice discontent but in the end, what are you proposing of others time and money and how are you prepared to make it happen? Public memorials require time coordination and money. If one doesn't come soon enough for you, how will you meet your need? Perhaps you might organize something in your local community for today's 6:07PM Eastern "7 hours/13days NC2Y" moment?
[Edited 5/4/16 5:22am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/04/16 5:54am

100PercentSwee
t

It is frustrating - though I assume that Paisley Park will become a makeshift memorial, and people will place flowers and things around the fences. At least, that's what I thought was happening.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/04/16 9:39pm

Dauphin

avatar

FUNKNROLL said:

Dauphin said:




Is there an official statement saying "The public memorial for one of the greatest artists of our time will be this fence"?

Does it fit your own agenda that there not be any public memorial?

What are you going to say when there is a public memorial? "Shut it down, nobody deserves it, nobody deserves anything".

I don't accept that a business entity that could plan and arrange full international tours, hit and run shows, weeklong celebrations, etc., is not capable of what it takes to pull something like this together. In fact, my understanding is that is exactly what they are doing. Only, there are no official statements beyond past band members saying something is in the works.

That all well and good, but, as i opened the thread with, the lack of a public memorial is becoming frustrating.

Also, the family had a private memorial. And not all the family was invited to attend. Not sure what you mean by bringing that up.
[Edited 5/3/16 13:33pm]


Objectively - yes, funerals are for the living... as they say. I think the point being made is "what are you doing to make that memorial happen"? It's reasonable to voice discontent but in the end, what are you proposing of others time and money and how are you prepared to make it happen? Public memorials require time coordination and money. If one doesn't come soon enough for you, how will you meet your need? Perhaps you might organize something in your local community for today's 6:07PM Eastern "7 hours/13days NC2Y" moment?
[Edited 5/4/16 5:22am]


I think you make very fair points, but I really don't think that was this person's intent. They crapped the thread, called names, and dipped out, so I'll leave that aspect at that.

As for what I'm doing. Personally, I'm grieving in my own way. I'm probably in the anger side of things, as they say, as more and more information comes out. At this point, there's not much speculation anymore so I can let the realities of the tragedy sink in.

In regards to coordinating, there are many tributes and coordinated efforts from fans, entertainers, and businesses. Most of these are impromptu, and they are going to have better resources than I will. I thank them for it, share their message on social media, and advocate for them.

The point of the thread was to get off my chest this frustration I have with the situation, I guess. In regards to the many management and executive aspects of his life. I'm hearing beautiful stories from former employees and people like Sam Jennings are sharing priceless images on social media.

But while there was so much beauty going on, there was this dark side. People stabbing people in the back, employees being let go for bogus reasons, hearing that those closest to him were aware of his pain and addiction, and worse, that when he needed supervision the most, he was left alone and probably by his own request.

So when I looked to Paisley Park Enterprises, Inc to be responsible for direction in terms of a public memorial, I'm beginning to feel that I really should have known better.

This is a multi million dollar operation that has previously coordinated tours, week long celebrations, weekend dance parties and after shows. What I know of the employees is that they did love their job, and did the best they could, so why the continued silence from PP in official contexts?

This is PRINCE. Icon, treasure, what have you. People can continue to call me selfish, but oh well I don't think I'm alone. Let's have a Celebration and make it incredible. Let's do it the right way, and let those who have the resources and access lead the way. And please, can it be done in a way so that poor little people like me who benefit from advance notice can do what we need to do on our end to be able to support it.

Again, thank you for your very good points. I know I just went off on another set of tangents and they're not directed at you. I appreciate you taking the time to offer advice on pointing energy in what are more constructive ways.
[Edited 5/4/16 21:43pm]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/05/16 12:04am

Eileen

Dauphin said:

But while there was so much beauty going on, there was this dark side. People stabbing people in the back, employees being let go for bogus reasons, hearing that those closest to him were aware of his pain and addiction, and worse, that when he needed supervision the most, he was left alone and probably by his own request.

So when I looked to Paisley Park Enterprises, Inc to be responsible for direction in terms of a public memorial, I'm beginning to feel that I really should have known better.

This is a multi million dollar operation that has previously coordinated tours, week long celebrations, weekend dance parties and after shows. What I know of the employees is that they did love their job, and did the best they could, so why the continued silence from PP in official contexts?



Prince was never supervised and accepted no supervision. As you said, it was by his own request, please don't think "he was left alone" - it's not that way and it leaves you feeling sadder. He had his freedom as he wanted it.


There isn't a Paisley Park Enterprises fitting your thoughts, there really isn't. There was Prince giving orders to mostly low level folks, I mean, usually young college-aged women. Extra worker bees more often band members and superfans. Anything bigger than that, they'd hire a company for the one-off service.


There isn't a structure like what you are describing and there is no PP to provide anything in an "official context" - the only person who could do that is gone. And even if there was such a structure, it's very iffy if those folks could say or do anything right now without permission from the courts.


But I know that can't soothe your desire or need for the closure you'd like. sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/05/16 4:41am

Dauphin

avatar

Eileen said:



Dauphin said:


But while there was so much beauty going on, there was this dark side. People stabbing people in the back, employees being let go for bogus reasons, hearing that those closest to him were aware of his pain and addiction, and worse, that when he needed supervision the most, he was left alone and probably by his own request.

So when I looked to Paisley Park Enterprises, Inc to be responsible for direction in terms of a public memorial, I'm beginning to feel that I really should have known better.

This is a multi million dollar operation that has previously coordinated tours, week long celebrations, weekend dance parties and after shows. What I know of the employees is that they did love their job, and did the best they could, so why the continued silence from PP in official contexts?



Prince was never supervised and accepted no supervision. As you said, it was by his own request, please don't think "he was left alone" - it's not that way and it leaves you feeling sadder. He had his freedom as he wanted it.




There isn't a Paisley Park Enterprises fitting your thoughts, there really isn't. There was Prince giving orders to mostly low level folks, I mean, usually young college-aged women. Extra worker bees more often band members and superfans. Anything bigger than that, they'd hire a company for the one-off service.




There isn't a structure like what you are describing and there is no PP to provide anything in an "official context" - the only person who could do that is gone. And even if there was such a structure, it's very iffy if those folks could say or do anything right now without permission from the courts.




But I know that can't soothe your desire or need for the closure you'd like. sad



I think that pretty much sums up the frustration. While I never expected PP to be a company like Target, I did expect the company to have a structure akin to any small or medium business.

But I think you hit the nail right on the head. If there is a person or people who work there, they probably have their hands tied right now as the Trust company is the administrator.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/05/16 4:44am

FUNKNROLL

Eileen said:

Prince was never supervised and accepted no supervision. As you said, it was by his own request, please don't think "he was left alone" - it's not that way and it leaves you feeling sadder. He had his freedom as he wanted it.


There isn't a Paisley Park Enterprises fitting your thoughts, there really isn't. There was Prince giving orders to mostly low level folks, I mean, usually young college-aged women. Extra worker bees more often band members and superfans. Anything bigger than that, they'd hire a company for the one-off service.


There isn't a structure like what you are describing and there is no PP to provide anything in an "official context" - the only person who could do that is gone. And even if there was such a structure, it's very iffy if those folks could say or do anything right now without permission from the courts.

That's what I suspected. First, with Prince gone there's nobody to sign the checks and the people who are now 'in charge' might be getting their first taste of being in charge, not just staffing, their areas of responsibility.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Lack of a public memorial is frustrating