independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 21st Sep 2019 8:02am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince collaboration wish list
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/26/14 1:22am

fbueller

avatar

Prince collaboration wish list

who would you like to see Prince collaborate with?

for starters:

Peter Gabriel

[Edited 3/27/14 20:46pm]

[Edited 3/27/14 20:49pm]

[Edited 3/27/14 20:50pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/26/14 1:37am

thedance

avatar

fbueller said:

Peter Gabriel

Prince & Peter Gabriel?

2 burned out rock stars. wink

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/26/14 1:44am

fbueller

avatar

thedance said:

fbueller said:

Peter Gabriel

Prince & Peter Gabriel?

2 burned out rock stars. wink

Perhaps the question could be who would have been a good collaboration?

You think Prince and Peter Gabriel couldn't come up with something interesting, even if they just dipped into their archive of recordings?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/26/14 1:54am

thedance

avatar

I have a huge respect for both Prince and Peter Gabriel,

What they have achieved in the past is amazing.

Maybe Kate Bush would be a good Prince collaboration?

Maybe not, since you can't hear her voice in the mix on My Computer.

Or maybe Madonna once again, to stir up some controversy, and excitement again.

Or Björk, could be interesting. Her voice is fantastic..

Not the young generation of artists - I prefer someone from the older / about the same age as Prince.

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/26/14 2:12am

robertgeorgeak
abob

Willis Earl Beal, Plantlife, Boys Noize, Moodymann...
don't play me...i'm over 30 and i DO smoke weed....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/26/14 2:14am

naffi

avatar

Hmmm let's see:-
Andre 3000
Pink
David Bowie
Taylor Swift - come on you know he likes working with the younger generation...
Janet Jackson
U2
Dave Grohl
You know you are in love, when you cannot fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams - Dr Seuss
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/26/14 4:04am

iZsaZsa

avatar

naffi said:

Dave Grohl

cool He's got my vote.
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/26/14 6:30am

Milty

avatar

I don't get Prince's tendency to only collaborate with female artists. I'd like to see him work with some men....and not Stevie Wonder or George Clinton.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/26/14 6:36am

thedance

avatar

Milty said:

I'd like to see him work with some men...

why not Elton John or George Michael then..? wink

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/26/14 6:49am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

thedance said:

I have a huge respect for both Prince and Peter Gabriel,

What they have achieved in the past is amazing.

Maybe Kate Bush would be a good Prince collaboration?

Maybe not, since you can't hear her voice in the mix on My Computer.

Or maybe Madonna once again, to stir up some controversy, and excitement again.

Or Björk, could be interesting. Her voice is fantastic..

Not the young generation of artists - I prefer someone from the older / about the same age as Prince.

Madonna on one side, Janet on the other side

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/26/14 8:26am

joyinrepetitio
n

avatar

I would like to see a Prince and Pharrell Williams collaboration as well as a George Michael.

Pharrell would bring out the oldschool, raw funky Prince while George would give Prince a strong vocalist to work with.

__________________________________________________
2 words falling between the drops and the moans of his condition
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/26/14 8:36am

Pellwormer

I would go with Iggy Pop or Trent Reznor...Julian Cope

but better with soul/jazzful artists:

Al Jarreau

Shirley Jones and Dub Kings

Herbie Hancock

Pharell

Andr´e 3000

Cindy Lauper

Jamie Cullum

Buble

Helge Schneider lol

William Shatner

(some of em he missed, like Sly Stone, Ray Charles,Belafonte,Al Green, Lou Rawls, Amy Winehouse (studio)), Sinatra wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/26/14 8:58am

databank

avatar

I'd love a duet with prince

I'm serious!!!

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/26/14 9:00am

databank

avatar

Pellwormer said:

I would go with Iggy Pop or Trent Reznor...Julian Cope

but better with soul/jazzful artists:

Al Jarreau

Shirley Jones and Dub Kings

Herbie Hancock

Pharell

Andr´e 3000

Cindy Lauper

Jamie Cullum

Buble

Helge Schneider lol

William Shatner

(some of em he missed, like Sly Stone, Ray Charles,Belafonte,Al Green, Lou Rawls, Amy Winehouse (studio)), Sinatra wink

He already did Herbie Hancock in a way when he remixed Ana Moura ^^

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/26/14 1:00pm

artist319

David Bowie

Antony & the Johnsons

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/26/14 3:48pm

annadaggs

John Legend or Pink would be awesome. All very talented ppl. omg

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/26/14 3:50pm

EddieC

databank said:

Pellwormer said:

I would go with Iggy Pop or Trent Reznor...Julian Cope

but better with soul/jazzful artists:

Al Jarreau

Shirley Jones and Dub Kings

Herbie Hancock

Pharell

Andr´e 3000

Cindy Lauper

Jamie Cullum

Buble

Helge Schneider lol

William Shatner

(some of em he missed, like Sly Stone, Ray Charles,Belafonte,Al Green, Lou Rawls, Amy Winehouse (studio)), Sinatra wink

He already did Herbie Hancock in a way when he remixed Ana Moura ^^

Was that definitely him doing the Ana Moura track?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/26/14 4:09pm

leadline

avatar

Marit Larsen

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/26/14 4:11pm

annadaggs

John Legend or Pink would be awesome. All very talented ppl. omg

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/26/14 5:38pm

jasminejoey

avatar

Thomas Dolby

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/26/14 5:40pm

Nivivrus

avatar

I was thinking of this the other day and scrolling through my iPod, I made a list of artists I'd love to see Prince collab with (not that any of these would ever happen... Or could even happen in some cases)

David Bowie

Frank Ocean

Todd Rundgren

Shuggie Otis

Little Richard (This would be the funnest, campiest song ever created, with some crazy piano vs guitar sections as Prince and Little Richard brag and boast against each other... So a good version of the Latest Fashion lol )

John Lennon (I just imagine this would be interesting to listen to)

Ariel Pink

MGMT (I'm pretty sure I read an interview a few years back where they said their dream collab would be with Prince... And some of their songs like Electric Feel and Boogie Down sound Princely to me so it would be a cool combo)

D'Angelo

Purple is the color of my heart,
Bruised from you leaving me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/26/14 9:02pm

Bambi82

avatar

iZsaZsa said:

naffi said:
Dave Grohl
cool He's got my vote.

.

Mine, too, and Dave would definitely be on board since he's a huge fan. smile

Everybody stop on the 1...GOOD GOD! Uhh!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/26/14 9:56pm

databank

avatar

EddieC said:

databank said:

He already did Herbie Hancock in a way when he remixed Ana Moura ^^

Was that definitely him doing the Ana Moura track?

As far as we know, yes.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/27/14 4:48am

iZsaZsa

avatar

Bambi82 said:



iZsaZsa said:


naffi said:
Dave Grohl

cool He's got my vote.

.


Mine, too, and Dave would definitely be on board since he's a huge fan. smile


Exactly! smile And Prince did a little Foo Fighters during the Superbowl halftime show. They should do lunch. nod
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/27/14 5:23am

Bambi82

avatar

iZsaZsa said:

Bambi82 said:

.

Mine, too, and Dave would definitely be on board since he's a huge fan. smile

Exactly! smile And Prince did a little Foo Fighters during the Superbowl halftime show. They should do lunch. nod

I know, I was so stoked when he started doing their song. I'm sure you've heard FF do Darling Nikki and heard Dave's story about playing with Prince, right?

[Edited 3/27/14 6:30am]

Everybody stop on the 1...GOOD GOD! Uhh!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/27/14 5:50am

iZsaZsa

avatar

Bambi82 said:



iZsaZsa said:


Bambi82 said:


.


Mine, too, and Dave would definitely be on board since he's a huge fan. smile



Exactly! smile And Prince did a little Foo Fighters during the Superbowl halftime show. They should do lunch. nod

I know, I was so stoked when he started doing their song. I'm sure you've heard FF do Darlin' Nikki and heard Dave's story about playing with Prince, right?


No, I'll go watch!
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/27/14 5:57am

iZsaZsa

avatar

iZsaZsa said:

Bambi82 said:



iZsaZsa said:


Bambi82 said:


.


Mine, too, and Dave would definitely be on board since he's a huge fan. smile



Exactly! smile And Prince did a little Foo Fighters during the Superbowl halftime show. They should do lunch. nod

I know, I was so stoked when he started doing their song. I'm sure you've heard FF do Darlin' Nikki and heard Dave's story about playing with Prince, right?


No, I'll go watch!

lol clapping Okay, I want Prince on vocals and Dave on drums.
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/27/14 6:09am

iZsaZsa

avatar

iZsaZsa said:

iZsaZsa said:


No, I'll go watch!

lol clapping Okay, I want Prince on vocals and Dave on drums.

That was an effing awesome story!! OmG! faint
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/27/14 6:10am

iZsaZsa

avatar

iZsaZsa said:

iZsaZsa said:


lol clapping Okay, I want Prince on vocals and Dave on drums.

That was an effing awesome story!! OmG! faint

Thanks, Bambi! wave
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/27/14 6:20am

Bambi82

avatar

iZsaZsa said:

iZsaZsa said:
No, I'll go watch!
lol clapping Okay, I want Prince on vocals and Dave on drums.

YES. Dave is (imo) the closest to Prince's talent. After Kurt died, Dave recorded an album and played all the instruments (except a small guitar part on "X-Static) and did the vocals which became the FF first album (he also sang/played all the instruments on "Pocketwatch" in 1991) , like Prince did with "Prince". That's a special kind of genius in my book.

Everybody stop on the 1...GOOD GOD! Uhh!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince collaboration wish list