independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 18th Oct 2019 2:53am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Anyone else love Rock and Roll Love Affair?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/16/13 9:47am

thisisreece

Anyone else love Rock and Roll Love Affair?

I've seen a lot of negativity sorrounding this song, yet personally, I think it's far greater than any of his recent input, spare the Monae song. One of his best songs in a long time actually.

Hundalasiliah!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/16/13 9:50am

Player319

avatar

best track this year by him cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/16/13 9:53am

1725topp

thisisreece said:I've seen a lot of negativity sorrounding this song, yet personally, I think it's far greater than any of his recent input, spare the Monae song. One of his best songs in a long time actually. **While I disagree with your notion regarding Prince's latest output, I loved "Rock and Roll Love Affair" the moment I heard it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/16/13 9:55am

MattyJam

avatar

Great track. Very catchy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/16/13 10:00am

TwiliteKid

avatar

I love it. Best single he's had in years.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/16/13 10:03am

Vannormal

avatar

Love it.
Only, can't help but constantly sing 'Take Me With U' when I hear it.
"...no matter what, all will be fine, always."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/16/13 10:06am

V10LETBLUES

Best track in the longest time. First Prince track in the longest time to feel natural and unforced and also not cringeworthy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/16/13 10:07am

IstenSzek

avatar

i like it, and all it's various versions/remixes. but my favorit is still

the Original Extended Mix. good stuff, lovely vocals. nice catchy,

breezy song.

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/16/13 10:10am

paulludvig

His most conventional song in a long time.

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/16/13 10:18am

MIRvmn

avatar

I like RnR, it's one of his best songs among the newer ones, especially the original extended mix. I hope he will include RnR on his new album smile
We are living in Orwell's 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/16/13 10:24am

bigd74

avatar

I love it. Always have. smile
She Believed in Fairytales and Princes, He Believed the voices coming from his stereo

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/16/13 10:29am

Giovanni777

avatar

Love it. The verses, the storytelling, the melodies, etc.

"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/16/13 10:34am

Doozer

avatar

Original Extended Mix - great.

Every track touched by Jamie Lewis - ill

Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/16/13 10:46am

V10LETBLUES

Doozer said:

Original Extended Mix - great.

Every track touched by Jamie Lewis - ill

Agreed. Generic run of the mill dance slop.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/16/13 11:00am

Poplife88

avatar

I really like this track...very catchy and fun. I also like the remix.

We're gonna need a bigger boat
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/16/13 12:07pm

Romeoblu

I think out of the newer tracks this and Groovy Potential are album worthy.

A good solid enjoyable song.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/16/13 12:13pm

nayroo2002

avatar

Yes.

He's the Prince I agree with on this one.

Prost!

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/16/13 12:18pm

thedance

avatar

crap song...! neutral

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/16/13 12:41pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

I do, and if I hear one more person say, "It's just a reworking of Take Me With U" I'm going to scream.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/16/13 12:59pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

Its got some great imagry...breezy easy tune...nice theme for an aging rock star...solid tune. Its ben in rotation since release.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/16/13 1:01pm

NouveauDance

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/16/13 1:05pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

NouveauDance said:


falloff aint seen them in a while...good stuff
[Edited 9/16/13 13:06pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/16/13 1:20pm

Giovanni777

avatar

Doozer said:

Original Extended Mix - great.

Every track touched by Jamie Lewis - ill

I also prefer the Original Extended Mix, but I'm pretty sure that Jamie Lewis "touched" that too, because I read previously (in the credits) that Jamie Lewis mixed (and possibly mastered) it. That song was recorded, engineered, mixed, and mastered PERFECTLY.

"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/16/13 2:02pm

thanks2joniand
u

Love it, but it took a few spins before the warmth and sincerity of it kicked in.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/16/13 2:12pm

XNY

avatar

music
"Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion" -- Martha Graham
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/16/13 2:22pm

Doozer

avatar

Giovanni777 said:

Doozer said:

Original Extended Mix - great.

Every track touched by Jamie Lewis - ill

I also prefer the Original Extended Mix, but I'm pretty sure that Jamie Lewis "touched" that too, because I read previously (in the credits) that Jamie Lewis mixed (and possibly mastered) it. That song was recorded, engineered, mixed, and mastered PERFECTLY.

If Jamie was involved with the mix/mastering of the original, then my hat's off to him, because it does sound great. I haven't heard a REMIX by Jamie Lewis yet that I thought had anything meaningful (or even fun) to contribute to the original track, going back to the Dance 4 Me remixes.

Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/17/13 5:42am

dJJ

I like it. It's not my favorite of his recent releases, but I like it.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/17/13 5:43am

dJJ

Doozer said:

Original Extended Mix - great.

Every track touched by Jamie Lewis - ill

Yes. Jamie ruins the songs. Can't he politely ditch Jamie?

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/17/13 5:46am

Cloudbuster

avatar

Best single in years.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/17/13 5:55am

Giovanni777

avatar

Doozer said:

Giovanni777 said:

I also prefer the Original Extended Mix, but I'm pretty sure that Jamie Lewis "touched" that too, because I read previously (in the credits) that Jamie Lewis mixed (and possibly mastered) it. That song was recorded, engineered, mixed, and mastered PERFECTLY.

If Jamie was involved with the mix/mastering of the original, then my hat's off to him, because it does sound great. I haven't heard a REMIX by Jamie Lewis yet that I thought had anything meaningful (or even fun) to contribute to the original track, going back to the Dance 4 Me remixes.

I must agree, and I'm pretty open with electronic music at large... even produced some house tracks back in the '90s.

I'd say Prince's house remixes from the '90s were much better.

"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Anyone else love Rock and Roll Love Affair?