independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 5th Dec 2019 1:40pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > great quote by eric clapton on Prince in RS
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/26/13 7:37pm

jonylawson

great quote by eric clapton on Prince in RS

When asked about gary clark jnr eric replied

'when i first saw purple rain it had been a while since anything beautiful had taken place..after seeing Prince i thought 'everythings going to be ok for a while' and with gary clarke its the same thing"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/26/13 10:40pm

MarquessMarq

avatar

I always like the props Clapton gives to P. Respect.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/27/13 5:20am

dJJ

Eric is nicer about Prince than he is about Eric.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/27/13 4:27pm

thebanishedone

once Eric Clapton took a bet with keith Richards.He had a bet that he was going to prove Prince's importance in music and who loose bet must give their watch to the winning side but Keith was so not caring about Eric's words so Eric hot pissed and gave his watch to Keith biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/27/13 8:16pm

undertheesea

jonylawson said:

When asked about gary clark jnr eric replied

'when i first saw purple rain it had been a while since anything beautiful had taken place..after seeing Prince i thought 'everythings going to be ok for a while' and with gary clarke its the same thing"

love that! fallinluv

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/27/13 9:29pm

BrazilianOnRas
pberryBeret

thebanishedone said:

once Eric Clapton took a bet with keith Richards.He had a bet that he was going to prove Prince's importance in music and who loose bet must give their watch to the winning side but Keith was so not caring about Eric's words so Eric hot pissed and gave his watch to Keith biggrin

Is this real?

-Wtv u heard bout me is true,I change the rules n do what I wanna do.[Im n love w God,He's the only way - NOT!]We know we gotta die some day,so Im gon have fun evr MF night!Im gon 2 another life.How bout u?
-Im wit u...Ur so cool, evrtg u do is SUCCESS.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/27/13 10:21pm

comperic2003

On the September 10th, 1989 episode of the BBC radio series, Desert Island Discs, Eric Clapton named Purple Rain as his favorite song and stated that it, "was actually a lifesaver for me."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radi...7#p009mdm4

The comment occurs at around the 33 minute mark

[Edited 4/27/13 22:21pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/28/13 12:29am

thebanishedone

BrazilianOnRaspberryBeret said:



thebanishedone said:


once Eric Clapton took a bet with keith Richards.He had a bet that he was going to prove Prince's importance in music and who loose bet must give their watch to the winning side but Keith was so not caring about Eric's words so Eric hot pissed and gave his watch to Keith biggrin

Is this real?


Yes it is.Keith was never too kindvon Prince because he felt Prince shouldn't stop concerts like he did when Ppl were launching bottles and rotten egs on Prince.On the other side Clapton was a fan of Prince .So he wanted to have a bet with Keith on Prince's importance in popular music.But Keith was so stubborn and didn't accept anything Eric had said about Prince so he gave up on convincing Keith.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/28/13 12:45am

Jagar

avatar

thebanishedone said:

BrazilianOnRaspberryBeret said:

Is this real?

Yes it is.Keith was never too kindvon Prince because he felt Prince shouldn't stop concerts like he did when Ppl were launching bottles and rotten egs on Prince.On the other side Clapton was a fan of Prince .So he wanted to have a bet with Keith on Prince's importance in popular music.But Keith was so stubborn and didn't accept anything Eric had said about Prince so he gave up on convincing Keith.

Keith did compliment him at his induction.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > great quote by eric clapton on Prince in RS