independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 26th Jan 2020 12:13pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > How Many Shows/Tours have you seen? Updated
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 03/15/13 2:47pm

jazzz

I did not make notes of every show I went to, but probably around 10, all in Netherlands or Belgium.

First ones being:

Sign O the Times 1987 (2x, Utrecht and Rotterdam)

Lovesexy 1988 (1x)

(These 3 concerts were probably the best 3 I ever saw)

The last two being:

One night alone (Antwerp and Rotterdam)

These were also great, especially the soundchecks!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 03/15/13 2:50pm

controversy99

avatar

Only 3 shows:

1997 Jam of the Year, Albany, NY, USA
2002 One Nite Alone, Oakland, CA, USA
2004 Musicology, San Jose, CA, USA

The Musicology show was my favorite. The energy was great.
"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 03/15/13 4:47pm

thedance

avatar

I have seen Prince 19 times:


Sign "O" The Times, Göteborg, Sweden 1987
Lovesexy, Idrætsparken, Copenhagen 1988
Nude Tour, Gentofte stadium, Copenhagen 1990
Diamonds & Pearls, Hamburg Germany 1992
Act II, Stockholm Sweden 1993
Act II, Göteborg Sweden 1993
Aftershow, Park Lane, Göteborg, Sweden 1993
Ultimate/ Gold Experience Live, Den Bosch Holland 1995
Newpower Soul Tour Copenhagen 1998
Aftershow, club Vega, Copenhagen 1998
Newpower Soul Tour, Köln/ Cologne Germany 1998
One Nite Alone Tour Ålborg 2002
One Nite Alone Tour Copenhagen 2002
Aftershow, club Vega, Copenhagen Denmark 2002
2 x Planet Earth Tour, London 10 + 11 Aug. 2007
Aftershow, Indigo, London 10 Aug. 2007
2 x 20Ten, Copenhagen and Herning Denmark 2010

I missed the Parade tour in Denmark, Valbyhallen 1986 sad

and I have missed his Roskilde 2010 and NPG Festival Copenhagen 2011 concerts.

I doubt I will ever attend a Prince concert again, ever... sad

(Personal reasons, I get stress in a big concert situation..)

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 03/15/13 4:51pm

3rdeyedude

avatar

thedance said:

I have seen Prince 19 times:


Sign "O" The Times, Göteborg, Sweden 1987
Lovesexy, Idrætsparken, Copenhagen 1988
Nude Tour, Gentofte stadium, Copenhagen 1990
Diamonds & Pearls, Hamburg Germany 1992
Act II, Stockholm Sweden 1993
Act II, Göteborg Sweden 1993
Aftershow, Park Lane, Göteborg, Sweden 1993
Ultimate/ Gold Experience Live, Den Bosch Holland 1995
Newpower Soul Tour Copenhagen 1998
Aftershow, club Vega, Copenhagen 1998
Newpower Soul Tour, Köln/ Cologne Germany 1998
One Nite Alone Tour Ålborg 2002
One Nite Alone Tour Copenhagen 2002
Aftershow, club Vega, Copenhagen Denmark 2002
2 x Planet Earth Tour, London 10 + 11 Aug. 2007
Aftershow, Indigo, London 10 Aug. 2007
2 x 20Ten, Copenhagen and Herning Denmark 2010

I missed the Parade tour in Denmark, Valbyhallen 1986 sad

and I have missed his Roskilde 2010 and NPG Festival Copenhagen 2011 concerts.

I doubt I will ever attend a Prince concert again, ever... sad

(Personal reasons, I get stress in a big concert situation..)

if I could go back in time, I would trade my list for your list

nice!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 03/15/13 4:59pm

ADONIA

thedance said:

I have seen Prince 19 times:


Sign "O" The Times, Göteborg, Sweden 1987
Lovesexy, Idrætsparken, Copenhagen 1988
Nude Tour, Gentofte stadium, Copenhagen 1990
Diamonds & Pearls, Hamburg Germany 1992
Act II, Stockholm Sweden 1993
Act II, Göteborg Sweden 1993
Aftershow, Park Lane, Göteborg, Sweden 1993
Ultimate/ Gold Experience Live, Den Bosch Holland 1995
Newpower Soul Tour Copenhagen 1998
Aftershow, club Vega, Copenhagen 1998
Newpower Soul Tour, Köln/ Cologne Germany 1998
One Nite Alone Tour Ålborg 2002
One Nite Alone Tour Copenhagen 2002
Aftershow, club Vega, Copenhagen Denmark 2002
2 x Planet Earth Tour, London 10 + 11 Aug. 2007
Aftershow, Indigo, London 10 Aug. 2007
2 x 20Ten, Copenhagen and Herning Denmark 2010

I missed the Parade tour in Denmark, Valbyhallen 1986 sad

and I have missed his Roskilde 2010 and NPG Festival Copenhagen 2011 concerts.

I doubt I will ever attend a Prince concert again, ever... sad

(Personal reasons, I get stress in a big concert situation..)

mmmm

ure not the only one feeling it wink

since he play too many denmark concert in this list

and u know why dont you ????

getting a bit bored with this....

would never entertain denmark in my tiny mind

he got a thing with denmark so obsessed like a lonely fish turd...

floating around.................. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 03/15/13 5:06pm

SuperSoulFight
er

I understand what U mean, thedance, when I was younger I didn't mind, but these days I don't like those big crowds any more either. And then there's another reason: tickets are getting more expensive every year! So maybe if I could get myself into another club show...that would be a different story. The atmosphere at the Melkweg was sooo relaxed... So it is still possible to see a stress-free concert if you're lucky.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 03/15/13 6:29pm

motherfunka

avatar

Purple Rain Tour - Indianapolis, In April 1985
Lovesexy Tour - Chicago, Il September 1988 / The song SOTT was performed, the only time on the whole Lovesexy tour. Mavis Staples was a guest and sang I’ll Take You There and Take My Hand, Precious Lord
Diamonds and Pearls warm up - Glam Slam MSP January 1992 /
Afterpary and concert for Glam Slam show at Paisley Park January 1992
Diamonds and Pearls warm up - Paisly Park superbowl party January 1992
Filming of the Ryde Dyvine - Paisley Park December 1992
Act 1 warm up - Glam Slam MSP February 1993
Act 1 tour - Chicago, Il April 1993 (2 shows, 1 aftershow)
Act 2 warm up - Paisley Park Summer July 1993 (4 shows)
Aftershow for Lenny Kravitz - Paisley Park September 1993
Aftershow for Mavis Staples - Paisley Park September 1993
The Beautiful Experience - Paisley Park February 1994
Gold and Come material - Paisley Park March 1994
Gold and Come material - Glam Slam MSP VIP April 1994 (5 shows)
Gold and Come material - Glam Slam MSP VIP May 1994 (5 shows)
Gold and Come material - Paisley Park May 1994
Gold and Come material - Glam Slam July 1994 (2 shows)
Mayte 21st Birthday Party - Paisley Park November 1994 (only about 40-50 people)
Gold and Come material - Paisley Park January 1995 (3 shows)
Gold, Come, Exodus material - Paisley Park June 1995 (2 shows)
Gold, Come, Exodus material - Paisley Park Summer, Fall 1995 (roughly 20 shows)
Gold, Come, Exodus material - Paisley Park January 1996
Emancipation material - Paisley Park October - December 1996 (roughly 10 shows)
Love 4 One Another tour - Moline, Il June 1997
Jam of the Year material - Paisley Park September 1997 (2 shows)
Jam of the Year tour - Target Center Minneapolis December 1997 (2 shows)
Aftershows at Paisley Park December 1997 (2 shows)
Rave 2000 - Paisley Park December 1999
A Celebration - Xcel Energy Center St Paul June 2001 (2 shows)
Musicology Tour - Champaign, Il April 2004
Musicology Tour - Xcel Energy Center St Paul June 2004
Prince and Tamar - Orpheum Minneapolis February 2006
O2 warm up - Target Center Minneapolis July 2007
Aftershow - First Avenue July 2007
Paisley Park - October 24, 2009

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 03/15/13 7:21pm

jeffreymiller

udo said:



SuperSoulFighter said:


Udo, I'm pretty sure you could make some folks jealous! You must have seen him lots of times.


Sorry, I don't care what others think. I don't post numbers to threads like this. I point out the uselessness.


Man, what a complete D-bag.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 03/15/13 7:55pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

December 17th 2010 - IZOD Center, NJ

Alls I needed to see til he comes somewhere closer to my residence.

Fly like a dove from up above 🕊️
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 03/15/13 8:44pm

toejam

avatar

May 30, 2004: Musicology tour, Las Vegas
Jun 3, 2004: Musicology tour, Los Angeles
Jun 4(am), 2004: Aftershow, Los Angeles
May 11, 2012: Welcome 2 Australia tour, Sydney
May 12, 2012: Welcome 2 Australia tour, Sydney
May 13(am), 2012: Aftershow, Sydney
May 18, 2012 Welcome 2 Australia tour, Brisbane
May 19(am), 2012: Aftershow, Brisbane
May 26, 2012: Welcome 2 Australia tour, Brisbane
May 27(am), 2012: Aftershow, Brisbane
May 30, 2012: Welcome 2 Australia tour, Melbourne
May 31(am), 2012: Official Afterparty, Melbourne (no performance)

So that makes 7 main shows, 4 aftershows, and 1 afterparty. Loved them all!

Toejam @ Peach & Black Podcast: http://peachandblack.podbean.com
Toejam's band "Cheap Fakes": http://cheapfakes.com.au, http://www.facebook.com/cheapfakes
Toejam the solo artist: http://www.youtube.com/scottbignell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 03/15/13 10:56pm

Dimitri10

Diamonds and Pearls tour - Sydney 24 April 92

Diamonds and Pearls tour - Sydney 26 April 92

Diamonds and Pearls tour - Sydney 3 May 92

Hit and Run tour, soundcheck - Sydney 24 Oct 2003

Hit and Run tour, show - Sydney 24 Oct 2003

Hit and Run tour, Afterparty- Sydney 24 October 2003

Welcome to Australia tour - Sydney 11 May 2012

Welcome to Australia tour - Sydney 12 May 2012

Welcome to Australia tour - Sydney 22 May 2012

Welcome to Australia tour - Melbourne 14 May 2012

Welcome to Australia tour - Melbourne 15 May 2012

Welcome to Australia tour - Melbourne 30 May 2012

Welcome to Australia tour, Afterparty- Melbourne 30 May 2012

regret not going to more shows in 92, 03 - oh well he'll be back cool

"Prince don't know how many hits he got"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 03/16/13 12:52am

outsideofthebo
x

avatar

I won tickets to see Prince musicology tour 8/3/2004 atlanta,ga and saw him again in March 2006 at the first show in atlanta,ga at the tabanacle when he was showcasing tamar davis when 3121 was out. He hasnt come back to atlanta,ga since then.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 03/16/13 3:19am

udo

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

udo said:

It is not what one thinks.

It is.

What is the use of knowing that someone else did x or y shows?

What's the use of posting saying you don't see the use of knowing how many shows someone has seen? I don't see the use in posting it, people will still say how many shows they've seen regardless of what you post, so what's the use?

If you don't see a use in avoiding useless posts, then what?

The OP mentions 'I'm genuinely interested in how many of us in the community have been to the same shows'.

Considering mr P plays mostly bigger sized venues the odds of someone posting that they were at the same show as someone else are quite big assuming we all live in the USA and we all see more than one show per tour.

If we assume we have no lives because we have no family to take care of we have an even more useless question as we see many more shows in perhaps more countries.

Basically it is the same as asking if someone ever was abroad.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 03/16/13 3:25am

SuperSoulFight
er

^And we have a thread for that also in GD forum! I love reading travel stories!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 03/16/13 7:58am

djThunderfunk

avatar

udo said:

TheEnglishGent said:

What's the use of posting saying you don't see the use of knowing how many shows someone has seen? I don't see the use in posting it, people will still say how many shows they've seen regardless of what you post, so what's the use?

If you don't see a use in avoiding useless posts, then what?

The OP mentions 'I'm genuinely interested in how many of us in the community have been to the same shows'.

Considering mr P plays mostly bigger sized venues the odds of someone posting that they were at the same show as someone else are quite big assuming we all live in the USA and we all see more than one show per tour.

If we assume we have no lives because we have no family to take care of we have an even more useless question as we see many more shows in perhaps more countries.

Basically it is the same as asking if someone ever was abroad.

There are LOTS of threads I find useless. I don't read them, much less post in them...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 03/16/13 8:14am

KCOOLMUZIQ

outsideofthebox said:

I won tickets to see Prince musicology tour 8/3/2004 atlanta,ga and saw him again in March 2006 at the first show in atlanta,ga at the tabanacle when he was showcasing tamar davis when 3121 was out. He hasnt come back to atlanta,ga since then.

I think the best Xperience eye had was when eye won tickets also 4 "Jam of The Year" tour. U would have thought eye won a million dollars... giggle

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 03/16/13 9:44am

jaypotton

1986 - Parade Tour x 3 Wembley Arena London

1987 - SOTT x 1 Wembley Stadium London (cancelled due to weather - gutted)

1988 - Lovesexy x 4 Wembley Arena London

1990 - Nude x 5 Wembley Arena London

1992 - D&P x 2 Earls Court London

1993 - Act II x 1 Wembley Arena London

1998 - New Power Soul x 1 Wembley Arena London

2002 - One Nite Alone x 3 Hammersmith Apollo (inc warm up and 1 x aftershow at Marquee)

2007 - Earth Tour 21 Nights in London x 7 O2 London (inc 3 x aftershows at Indigo)

'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 03/16/13 9:58am

PurpleKittyK

avatar

A magic 7 times, starting with Lovesexy at MSG in '88-89 and ending with IZOD CTR 12/15/10, 12/17/10 and MSG 2/7/11. I hope he comes back to NY/ NJ soon.

Have u had your + sign today?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 03/16/13 10:05am

thedance

avatar

SuperSoulFighter said:

I understand what U mean, thedance, when I was younger I didn't mind, but these days I don't like those big crowds any more either. And then there's another reason: tickets are getting more expensive every year! So maybe if I could get myself into another club show...that would be a different story. The atmosphere at the Melkweg was sooo relaxed... So it is still possible to see a stress-free concert if you're lucky.

thanks for your post,

and yeah I am 47,

I am not into big concerts like I was once......

maybe I would attend, if Prince would play indoor, with seats like Falconer in Copenhagen..

It's not that I that comfortable, but it is much less stressing (for me) to watch a concert sitting in a seat. wink

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 03/16/13 12:34pm

jfrost

avatar

1990 Nude Tour - Cork

1992 Diamonds & Pearls - Dublin

1995 Gold Tour x 2 - Dublin

2002 ONA - Dublin

2007 21 Nights in London - London 3rd August

2010 2010 Tour - Bergen Norway

2011 W2E - Malahide

biggrin

The right to free discussion is protected!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 03/16/13 2:22pm

ludwig

udo said:

TheEnglishGent said:

What's the use of posting saying you don't see the use of knowing how many shows someone has seen? I don't see the use in posting it, people will still say how many shows they've seen regardless of what you post, so what's the use?

If you don't see a use in avoiding useless posts, then what?

Oh, how ironic. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 03/16/13 3:51pm

stillwaiting

I have never made a list before, so I decided to make one as a Word file, so I can keep track...I like my list, but if I could have gone to 5 SOTT shows in 1987, I would trade all the others....I know that 45 shows sounds like a lot, but I've heard of those that have gone to like 300 or more...so my list is not really all that.

45 shows, 5 aftershows, and 1 short rehearsal at Paisley Park, and one guest appearance with The Time that probably shouldn't really count for much.

(Purple Rain)
4/3/85 Tallahassee,FL Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center

(Act I)
3/8/93 Ft. Lauderdale area, Sunrise, FL, USA – Sunrise Musical Theatre

(Love 4 One Another)-2
1/18/97 Birmingham, AL, USA – Boutwell Auditorium
1/19/97 Atlanta, GA, USA – Atlanta Live

(Jam Of The Year)-12
8/2/97 Charlotte, NC, USA – Charlotte Coliseum
8/3/97 Atlanta, GA, USA – Coca-Cola Lakewood Amphitheatre
8/20/97 Jackson, MS, USA – Mississippi Coliseum
8/23/97 Memphis, TN, USA – Pyramid Arena
10/31/97 Mobile, AL, USA – Mobile Civic Center
11/4/97 Columbia, SC, USA – Carolina Coliseum
11/6/97 Knoxville, TN, USA – Thompson-Boling Arena
1/2/98 New Orleans, LA, USA – Kiefer UNO Lakefront Arena
1/8/98 Atlanta, GA, USA – Fox Theatre
1/9/98 Atlanta, GA, USA – Fox Theatre
1/10/98 Atlanta, GA, USA – Fox Theatre
1/13/98 Tampa, FL, USA – Ice Palace Arena

(New Power Soul)
5/8/98 Huntsville, AL, USA – Von Braun Civic Center

(1999 The New Master Party)
1/2/99 Las Vegas, NV, USA – Studio 54 @ MGM Grand Hotel

(2000 Celebration)
6/13/00 Minneapolis, MN, USA – Northrop Auditorium

(Hit N Run)
11/26/00 Charlotte, NC, USA – Independence Arena

(2001 Celebration)-2
6/15/01 St Paul, MN, USA – Xcel Energy Center
6/16/01 St Paul, MN, USA – Xcel Energy Center

(One Nite Alone)-3
4/3/02 Atlanta, GA, USA – Symphony Hall, Woodruff Arts Center
4/4/02 Atlanta, GA, USA – Symphony Hall, Woodruff Arts Center
4/6/02 Lakeland, FL, USA – Lakeland Center - Youkey Theatre

(2002 Celebration)-7
6/21/02 Chanhasssen, MN, USA – Paisley Park Studios
6/23/02(AM) Chanhasssen, MN, USA – Paisley Park Studios
6/23/02 Chanhasssen, MN, USA – Paisley Park Studios
6/24/02 Chanhasssen, MN, USA – Paisley Park Studios
6/25/02 Chanhasssen, MN, USA – Paisley Park Studios
6/26/02 Chanhasssen, MN, USA – Paisley Park Studios
6/28/02(AM) Chanhasssen, MN, USA – Paisley Park Studios

(Musicology)-7
4/26/04 Tampa, FL, USA – St. Pete Times Forum
4/27/04 Jacksonville, FL, USA – Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
5/1/04 Biloxi, MS, USA – Mississippi Coast Coliseum
6/12/04 Bossier City, LA, USA – Centurytel Center Arena
6/14/04 Memphis, TN, USA – The Pyramid Arena
8/9/04 Atlanta, GA, USA – Philips Arena
8/10/04 Atlanta, GA, USA – Philips Arena

(Welcome 2 America)-6
3/21/11 Columbia, SC – Colonial Life Arena
3/23/11 Raleigh, NC, USA – RBC Center
3/24/11 Charlotte, NC, USA – Time Warner Cable Arena
3/26/11 Greensboro, NC, USA – Greensboro Coliseum
3/28/11 Greenville, SC, USA – Bi-Lo Center
3/30/11 North Charleston, SC, USA – North Charleston Coliseum

(Aftershows/short performances)-7
8/4/97(AM) Atlanta, GA, USA –Club Esso
8/21/97(AM) Jackson, MS, USA – The Dock
8/24/97(AM) Memphis, TN, USA – The New Daisy
1/14/98(AM) Tampa, FL, USA – Millennium 2000 Club
1/2/99(AM) Las Vegas, NV, USA – Studio 54 @ MGM Grand Hotel(Guest with The Time)
6/11/01 Chanhasssen, MN, USA – Paisley Park Studios(Aprox 30 Min Rehearsal)
4/5/02(AM) Atlanta, GA, USA – Eleven50

[Edited 3/16/13 15:52pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 03/16/13 9:30pm

chocolate1

avatar

ludwig said:

udo said:

If you don't see a use in avoiding useless posts, then what?

Oh, how ironic. lol

Nevermind... (not toward you, ludwig)

[Edited 3/16/13 21:32pm]


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 03/17/13 5:50am

rgsince81

avatar

Flippers 1981 L.A.
Santa Monica Civic L.A.
Purple Rain Premiere L.A.
Purple Rain x4 L.A.
Sports Arena
Hit and Run Vegas
One night Alone Vegas
Empire Ballroom Vegas
3121 Rio x every night , Wed thru Sat. Vegas
3121 Aftershows x every night there was one Vegas
Forum x 2 L.A.
Those stand out for me, there's more, lots more
NEXT STOP..... MGM! Vegas
First stop The Joint, on my Birthday! Omg! THANKYOU Prince!
[Edited 3/21/13 8:23am]
Pray Daily!!!!! RIP AMY WINEHOUSE Keep Calm, Carry on
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 03/17/13 6:17am

RumAndRaisin

avatar

just two o2 shows for me, and it was the middle o2 shows that were a bit of a mess.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 03/17/13 7:48am

KCOOLMUZIQ

rgsince81 said:

Flippers 1981 L.A. Santa Monica Civic L.A. Purple Rain Premiere L.A. Purple Rain x4 L.A. Sports Arena Hit and Run Vegas One night Alone Vegas Empire Ballroom Vegas 3121 Rio x every night , Wed thru Sat. Vegas 3121 Aftershows x every night there was one Vegas Forum x 2 L.A. Those stand out for me, there's more, lots more NEXT STOP.......... MGM! Vegas

Would have loved 2 b @ The Flippers show! Santa Monica Civic was my very first Prince show.

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 03/17/13 10:28am

jon1967

12 times

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 03/17/13 10:33am

outsideofthebo
x

avatar

I got the dates wrong. I won tickets to the first show of the musicology tour 8/9/2004 in atlanta,ga and paid $25 bucks through the npgmc.com to go to the afterparty the following night. I used to have the bootleg cd for the following night 8/10/2004 in which I bought it from a place called fantasyland records in atlanta,ga. the second show wasnt as good as the first show from what I remember of hearing the cd and the only difference was that he did an acoustic version of something in the water (does not compute) and minor alterations with the setlist but pretty much the same setlist as the first show from what i remember hearing the double bootleg cd.

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

outsideofthebox said:

I won tickets to see Prince musicology tour 8/3/2004 atlanta,ga and saw him again in March 2006 at the first show in atlanta,ga at the tabanacle when he was showcasing tamar davis when 3121 was out. He hasnt come back to atlanta,ga since then.

I think the best Xperience eye had was when eye won tickets also 4 "Jam of The Year" tour. U would have thought eye won a million dollars... giggle

[Edited 3/17/13 10:37am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 03/17/13 11:31am

stillwaiting

outsideofthebox said:

I got the dates wrong. I won tickets to the first show of the musicology tour 8/9/2004 in atlanta,ga and paid $25 bucks through the npgmc.com to go to the afterparty the following night. I used to have the bootleg cd for the following night 8/10/2004 in which I bought it from a place called fantasyland records in atlanta,ga. the second show wasnt as good as the first show from what I remember of hearing the cd and the only difference was that he did an acoustic version of something in the water (does not compute) and minor alterations with the setlist but pretty much the same setlist as the first show from what i remember hearing the double bootleg cd.

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

I think the best Xperience eye had was when eye won tickets also 4 "Jam of The Year" tour. U would have thought eye won a million dollars... giggle

[Edited 3/17/13 10:37am]

Funny, I thought the second show was much better than the first. I also thought the Time did better on night two.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 03/17/13 11:49am

outsideofthebo
x

avatar

the reason why I said that the first night was better than the second night was because he did call my name as an encore and then the beautiful ones. Call my name was a big hit on the radio and I was singing that song to a girl that night while Prince was performing it and she was looking me in the eyes and dancing along while I grabbed her hand and was singing to her.

stillwaiting said:

outsideofthebox said:

I got the dates wrong. I won tickets to the first show of the musicology tour 8/9/2004 in atlanta,ga and paid $25 bucks through the npgmc.com to go to the afterparty the following night. I used to have the bootleg cd for the following night 8/10/2004 in which I bought it from a place called fantasyland records in atlanta,ga. the second show wasnt as good as the first show from what I remember of hearing the cd and the only difference was that he did an acoustic version of something in the water (does not compute) and minor alterations with the setlist but pretty much the same setlist as the first show from what i remember hearing the double bootleg cd.

[Edited 3/17/13 10:37am]

Funny, I thought the second show was much better than the first. I also thought the Time did better on night two.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > How Many Shows/Tours have you seen? Updated