independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 12th Dec 2019 8:42pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince and Justin Timberlake
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/16/13 5:15pm

purplebarbie18

Prince and Justin Timberlake

Do you guys think that Justin tries to compete against Prince even though he can't come close? It seems to me like every time Prince comes out with something new, i.e. like a new band or new album, JT tries to do the same. I mean they have had exchanged some band members, but thats it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/16/13 5:50pm

MoBetterBliss

this isn't a very good thread

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/16/13 6:15pm

metallicjigolo

avatar

Timber fake doesn't 'not deserve to be in the same sentence as Prince.
Prince did an interview with a woman at Record World. They talked about whatever, then he asked her: "Does your pubic hair go up to your navel?" At that moment, we thought maybe we shouldn't encourage him to do interviews.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/17/13 1:26am

jonylawson

in a word or 2..what an utterly idiotic and foolish thread

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/17/13 3:02am

thedance

avatar

Prince, (a reply) :

"Sexy never left".

[img:$uid]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/Justin-Princeusweekly.jpg[/img:$uid]

wink

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/17/13 7:47am

PurplePeezie

It's not fair to compare JT to Prince - at all. That being said, you need to give credit where credit is due...JT has some serious skills. The boy can play guitar, play piano, sing well and dance his ass off. He is a very talented young cat and I am excited to see where his career goes. He's only done 2 solo albums, so give him some growing room. BUT...he can definitely do something that Prince could never do...act and actually put out good movies.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/17/13 7:53am

xLiberiangirl

avatar

NO. JT isn't trying to compete with Prince.

but i think JT is really inspired by Prince. you hear it in his songs, but nothing more than that.

JT hasn't released a record since 2006.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/19/13 6:01pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

[img:$uid]http://pic80.picturetrail.com:80/VOL2084/9118410/23995995/403715191.jpg[/img:$uid]

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/19/13 8:25pm

pureTsexy

thedance said:

Prince, (a reply) :



"Sexy never left".







wink


Ha! This is awesome! Gotta love Prince's arrogance
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/19/13 8:26pm

purplebarbie18

Geesh! u all r jumping down my throat. I just was asking a question.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/19/13 10:08pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

thedance said:

Prince, (a reply) :

"Sexy never left".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/Justin-Princeusweekly.jpg

In 2007 JT took a cheap shot at Prince


Justin Timberlake mocked Prince at the Golden Globes, crouching down to accept an award on his behalf, poking fun at Prince's height. Not funny, but keep putting your foot in it.

finger Timberlake lol

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/19/13 10:38pm

thereislonely1

avatar

FragileUndertow said:

thedance said:

Prince, (a reply) :

"Sexy never left".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecnirp2004/Prince/Justin-Princeusweekly.jpg

In 2007 JT took a cheap shot at Prince


Justin Timberlake mocked Prince at the Golden Globes, crouching down to accept an award on his behalf, poking fun at Prince's height. Not funny, but keep putting your foot in it.

finger Timberlake lol

mad Did he seriously do that? Does anyone have a vid of this?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/19/13 10:52pm

thereislonely1

avatar

Neva mind I found it! Justin ain't funny. Besides once Prince stands on his wallet he is numerous feet taller than if JT were to stand on his pocket change! LOL! Now that ain't no joke baby its true!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/20/13 1:09am

Llanishenlad

avatar

I would say its pretty coincidental that we"re about to enter a year similar to 2006/7 like 3121/ futuresexlovesounds, but coincidence is all I would say...

I must admit I have a lot of time for Justin Timberlake, I know he hasn't got half the talent that Prince has, but he's a good artist with a good producer, who have just made a great tune IMO, which doesn't follow the current, wanky Guetta trend. I would say that the antics from the other year between them was just harmless media hyped banter.

Id personally like to hear a guitar solo from our boy on a JT track one day
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/20/13 8:35am

avasdad

interesting....

JT is a performer than Prince (dancing) even in in P's prime he did not have JT's moves.

Prince is more talented with instruments than JT. Fact.

Musically Prince has accomplished more than JT. Fact.

JT had to come out of the shadow of a "boy band" image that the industry does not make easy to do. He has done that. Fact.

JT is a better actor than P. Fact.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/20/13 9:46am

derF

I've been a Prince fan since '83 -- he's my all-time favorite. However, I've been WAY more entertained by Justin's music and shows over the past decade or so.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/20/13 9:58am

dJJ

FragileUndertow said:

thedance said:

Prince, (a reply) :

"Sexy never left".


In 2007 JT took a cheap shot at Prince


Justin Timberlake mocked Prince at the Golden Globes, crouching down to accept an award on his behalf, poking fun at Prince's height. Not funny, but keep putting your foot in it.

finger Timberlake lol

That is bad taste by Timberlake. But I don't think he meant to diss Prince, he probably meant in good fun. Because he's a major Prince fan:

In an interview he said: “I look at people like Prince, who, to me, is the greatest musician who has ever lived. He keeps producing, keeps writing, keeps making unbelievable music – all because he’s true to his passion…Everything he says, every note he sings, it’s just like, man, that guy is so far ahead of the rest of us. One of my best experiences onstage was at his house during a party.”

http://blastmagazine.com/the-blogs/sky/excerpts-from-justin-timberlakes-july-playboy-interview/

I like JT his dancing and music. He's also a good actor.

His relationship with Britney saved his career after the boy band debacle. Also the break up was good for his career.

[Edited 1/20/13 10:00am]

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/20/13 4:06pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

After Prince made the comment about "Sexy never left"

JT came out with a song “Give it to Me" that some say was a diss at prince

Could you speak up and stop mumbling
I dont think you're even clear
When you're sitting on the top
it's hard to hear you from way up there.
I saw you tryin to act cute on TV
"Just let me clear the air."
We missed you on the charts last week
Damn that's right, you wasn't there

Now if sexy never left
then why is everybody on my shitt
Don't hate on me just because
you didn't come up with it
So if you see us in the club
go on and walk the other way
Cause our run will never be over
not at least until we say

Mumbling, acting cute sounds like hes talking about Prince lol

Who knows

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/20/13 4:33pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

he is YOUNGER, has jessica alba biel, a cool (if overused now) first name, a nice new single with hov, some other ones, hasn't boinked kim basinger and a bunch of other beautiful women... in between doing a million shows (all of 'em awesome, one okay 1 i went to) and made a million awesome songs and released some of 'em and is still the coolest jehovah's witness... (who's hall i've been to once). they have no reason to compete. they're both alive. thank you. and not dead.

If you can understand my color
Put your hand in your crotch
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/20/13 4:37pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

purplepolitician said:

is still the coolest jehovah's witness...

I have to agree lol

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/20/13 4:40pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

FragileUndertow said:

purplepolitician said:

is still the coolest jehovah's witness...

I have to agree lol

you have not met... i digress. yes.

If you can understand my color
Put your hand in your crotch
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/20/13 4:57pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

purplepolitician said:

FragileUndertow said:

I have to agree lol

you have not met... i digress. yes.

I once stood 5 feet from him, does that count lol

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/20/13 4:58pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

dJJ said:

FragileUndertow said:

In 2007 JT took a cheap shot at Prince


Justin Timberlake mocked Prince at the Golden Globes, crouching down to accept an award on his behalf, poking fun at Prince's height. Not funny, but keep putting your foot in it.

finger Timberlake lol

That is bad taste by Timberlake. But I don't think he meant to diss Prince, he probably meant in good fun. Because he's a major Prince fan:

In an interview he said: “I look at people like Prince, who, to me, is the greatest musician who has ever lived. He keeps producing, keeps writing, keeps making unbelievable music – all because he’s true to his passion…Everything he says, every note he sings, it’s just like, man, that guy is so far ahead of the rest of us. One of my best experiences onstage was at his house during a party.”

http://blastmagazine.com/the-blogs/sky/excerpts-from-justin-timberlakes-july-playboy-interview/

I like JT his dancing and music. He's also a good actor.

His relationship with Britney saved his career after the boy band debacle. Also the break up was good for his career.

nod

[Edited 1/20/13 17:02pm]

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/20/13 5:00pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

FragileUndertow said:

purplepolitician said:

you have not met... i digress. yes.

I once stood 5 feet from him, does that count lol

he gazed into my eyes momentarily hmm from the back of the stage and i was changed forever pray

If you can understand my color
Put your hand in your crotch
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/20/13 11:12pm

thedance

avatar

Seems like I haven't followed JT closely:

"His releationship with Britney".. mentioned above..

Hah I didn't even knew about that.. eek

lol

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/21/13 4:36am

jaypotton

avasdad said:

interesting....

JT is a performer than Prince (dancing) even in in P's prime he did not have JT's moves.

Oh purrrrllleeeeaaazzzeee! No way. Prince's moves were all HIS OWN. JT is very talented but his moves are not unique!

'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/21/13 5:35am

dJJ

jaypotton said:

avasdad said:

interesting....

JT is a performer than Prince (dancing) even in in P's prime he did not have JT's moves.

Oh purrrrllleeeeaaazzzeee! No way. Prince's moves were all HIS OWN. JT is very talented but his moves are not unique!

True, but JT's choreography is really good.

Sometimes it's better to hire a specialist to help you improve, in stead of trying to do everything by yourself.

I like Prince his dance moves, especially spectaculair splits etc., but JT really has raised the bar as it comes to dancing.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/21/13 5:43am

dJJ

In the end they are both good performers from a different generation, working hard and managed to continue a career in a changing world.

And they both have different fortes.

I don't do hate. So, I'm not feeding any alleged feud between them overhere.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/21/13 1:22pm

avasdad

jaypotton said:

avasdad said:

interesting....

JT is a performer than Prince (dancing) even in in P's prime he did not have JT's moves.

Oh purrrrllleeeeaaazzzeee! No way. Prince's moves were all HIS OWN. JT is very talented but his moves are not unique!

yes...i am sure Prince simulating writing things down and brushing his teeth is ground breaking dancing.

JT dances circles around Prince.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/21/13 2:14pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince and Justin Timberlake