independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 24th Aug 2019 5:23am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Songs in which Prince mentions cream
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/04/12 1:15pm

Adorecream

Songs in which Prince mentions cream

Just out of interest, how many times does Prince mention cream. And I am sure he is never mentioning dairy products. I am assuming cream means semen or wet sexual fluids. Heres my list

1. La La La Hee Hee Hee "Licking your tail like its cream" More feline preferences than sex but also a sexual come on.

2. Cream - "Get on top, you will top etc", Cream as in stardom or reaching the top, but the dancing on the video suggests they want to produce another type of cream again sans dairy products.

3. Joint to Joint - "You got the rock to give a brother cream, CREEEAAAMM! - Um my guess is its about a dude coming in his pants.

4. Hot Wit U "I wanna get hot wit u, get u underneath the cream and ohhh" - Awkward juxtaposition but again I think he wants sex.

5. Underneath the Cream - Umm its possibly about sex ( I will admit and say I have not heard this NPGMC track), maybe someone can enlighten me.

6. The one u wanna c - "If u wanna get creamy baby, I'm the 1 u wanna c" Again its almost certainly about Prince offering his sexual services to some unnamed attractive female. For the period thats quite hot stuff. By this stage the sexual metaphors had to be buried deeper due to the JW vein, but on Planet Earth the sex comes up to the fore again.

7. There'll never b another 1 like me. "Put some olive oil in my hair and get ready to cream" Umm possibly dance around and mingle of perhaps have sex (Just a thought)

Have you guys had any other songs, but in Prince's world Cream is sex, and mostly the liquid byproducts of sex noticeably semen.

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/04/12 1:28pm

thedance

avatar

there is 1 more at least:

from Crystal Ball,

"What's My Name"

"U never would have drank my coffee if I had never served U cream"

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/04/12 1:36pm

Genesia

avatar

Adorecream said:

7. There'll never b another 1 like me. "Put some olive oil in my hair and get ready to cream"

It's "get ready to creep" - as in leave the house. Not "cream." Lawd.

Here - this might help:

[img:$uid]http://otherpeoplesbrilliantthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/q-tip.jpg?w=604[/img:$uid]

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/04/12 2:03pm

Adorecream

Genesia said:

Adorecream said:

7. There'll never b another 1 like me. "Put some olive oil in my hair and get ready to cream"

It's "get ready to creep" - as in leave the house. Not "cream." Lawd.

Here - this might help:

[img:$uid]http://otherpeoplesbrilliantthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/q-tip.jpg?w=604[/img:$uid]

Sounds like cream to me, nyah!!!! razz

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/04/12 2:06pm

Genesia

avatar

Adorecream said:

Genesia said:

It's "get ready to creep" - as in leave the house. Not "cream." Lawd.

Here - this might help:

[img:$uid]http://otherpeoplesbrilliantthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/q-tip.jpg?w=604[/img:$uid]

Sounds like cream to me, nyah!!!! razz

I think my point is made.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/04/12 2:08pm

artist76

avatar

Adorecream said:

Just out of interest, how many times does Prince mention cream. And I am sure he is never mentioning dairy products. I am assuming cream means semen or wet sexual fluids. Heres my list

1. La La La Hee Hee Hee "Licking your tail like its cream" More feline preferences than sex but also a sexual come on.

2. Cream - "Get on top, you will top etc", Cream as in stardom or reaching the top, but the dancing on the video suggests they want to produce another type of cream again sans dairy products.

3. Joint to Joint - "You got the rock to give a brother cream, CREEEAAAMM! - Um my guess is its about a dude coming in his pants.

4. Hot Wit U "I wanna get hot wit u, get u underneath the cream and ohhh" - Awkward juxtaposition but again I think he wants sex.

5. Underneath the Cream - Umm its possibly about sex ( I will admit and say I have not heard this NPGMC track), maybe someone can enlighten me.

6. The one u wanna c - "If u wanna get creamy baby, I'm the 1 u wanna c" Again its almost certainly about Prince offering his sexual services to some unnamed attractive female. For the period thats quite hot stuff. By this stage the sexual metaphors had to be buried deeper due to the JW vein, but on Planet Earth the sex comes up to the fore again.

7. There'll never b another 1 like me. "Put some olive oil in my hair and get ready to cream" Umm possibly dance around and mingle of perhaps have sex (Just a thought)

Have you guys had any other songs, but in Prince's world Cream is sex, and mostly the liquid byproducts of sex noticeably semen.

Oh PUH-LEASE let it be less times than he mentions the phone in his songs!

Anyway, here's my memory of the lyrics to "Underneath the Cream" that has the title in it - "underneath the cream/ I can't stop thinking about your thighs/ somewhere in between..." Does that enlighten you?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/04/12 2:12pm

Gunsnhalen

Genesia said:

Adorecream said:

Sounds like cream to me, nyah!!!! razz

I think my point is made.

Damn, no need to be rude chica. Take a chill pill

[Edited 5/4/12 14:14pm]

Pistols sounded like "Fuck off," wheras The Clash sounded like "Fuck Off, but here's why.."- Thedigitialgardener

All music is shit music and no music is real- gunsnhalen

Datdonkeydick- Asherfierce

Gary Hunts Album Isn't That Good- Soulalive
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/04/12 2:19pm

Genesia

avatar

Gunsnhalen said:

Genesia said:

I think my point is made.

Damn, no need to be rude chica. Take a chill pill


Fine, I'll leave you children to it.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/04/12 2:26pm

sfinky1

avatar

You're a sinner I don't care / I just want your creamy thighs
Erotic City
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/04/12 2:26pm

KoolEaze

avatar

You never would have drank my coffee if I had never served you cream.

( What´s My Name?) ....shouldn´t this be "You never would have DRUNK my coffee" ? biggrin

"This morning I wanted a cup of coffee but I didn´t have any cream."

( Three Chains of Gold)

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/04/12 2:27pm

herrherr

avatar

"Erotic City" has two lines: "I just want your creamy thighs" and "Baby, U're so creamy." (Whoops, someone else got to that one already!)

In the Jill Jones "4 Lust" outtake, he sings something like "4 lust, I would fondle the full length of my temple just 2 make U creamy."

[Edited 5/4/12 14:27pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/04/12 2:28pm

Gunsnhalen

Genesia said:

Gunsnhalen said:

Damn, no need to be rude chica. Take a chill pill


Fine, I'll leave you children to it.

thank's old lady batting eyes

Pistols sounded like "Fuck off," wheras The Clash sounded like "Fuck Off, but here's why.."- Thedigitialgardener

All music is shit music and no music is real- gunsnhalen

Datdonkeydick- Asherfierce

Gary Hunts Album Isn't That Good- Soulalive
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/04/12 2:41pm

fuzzfacefrombb
oard

Ambrosia Parsley contains "Heavy on the cream / Soaking down your mountaintops".

Oh... wait...

That's just an unreleased Ween song that SOUNDS exactly like an old Prince song...

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/04/12 3:01pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Genesia said:

Adorecream said:

7. There'll never b another 1 like me. "Put some olive oil in my hair and get ready to cream"

It's "get ready to creep" - as in leave the house. Not "cream." Lawd.

falloff I was going to post the same thing.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/04/12 3:05pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Adorecream said:

Sounds like cream to me, nyah!!!! razz

In that case, then add "Movie Star" to your creamy list because it has the same reference to "creep"/"cream".

"Let's see - if I tell Gilbert and 'Rome to meet me at 11 and I cream at 10, that'll give me an hour of free reign. Mo' drawers!"

Although I will admit, I always thought it was an hour of free RAID or RADE.

.

[Edited 5/4/12 15:06pm]

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/04/12 3:30pm

Genesia

avatar

RodeoSchro said:



Adorecream said:



Sounds like cream to me, nyah!!!! razz



In that case, then add "Movie Star" to your creamy list because it has the same reference to "creep"/"cream".



"Let's see - if I tell Gilbert and 'Rome to meet me at 11 and I cream at 10, that'll give me an hour of free reign. Mo' drawers!"



Although I will admit, I always thought it was an hour of free RAID or RADE.




:falloff:

Timing is everything! shrug
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/04/12 3:41pm

G3000

"Sexy Dancer, you got me just a creamin"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/04/12 5:18pm

nursev

Hell all the early one's lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/04/12 8:57pm

NeonCraxx

avatar

WE MARCH

"We ain't got no use for ice cream without the cake."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/05/12 1:00am

smiler69

3 Chains O' Gold

'...but I didn't have any cream...'

This is what it's like in the dream factory...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/05/12 1:28am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

Did he write, ice cream castles for the time?
RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/05/12 1:28am

disque

avatar

I Wish U Heaven - ext. version

Adorecream said:

Just out of interest, how many times does Prince mention cream. And I am sure he is never mentioning dairy products. I am assuming cream means semen or wet sexual fluids. Heres my list

1. La La La Hee Hee Hee "Licking your tail like its cream" More feline preferences than sex but also a sexual come on.

2. Cream - "Get on top, you will top etc", Cream as in stardom or reaching the top, but the dancing on the video suggests they want to produce another type of cream again sans dairy products.

3. Joint to Joint - "You got the rock to give a brother cream, CREEEAAAMM! - Um my guess is its about a dude coming in his pants.

4. Hot Wit U "I wanna get hot wit u, get u underneath the cream and ohhh" - Awkward juxtaposition but again I think he wants sex.

5. Underneath the Cream - Umm its possibly about sex ( I will admit and say I have not heard this NPGMC track), maybe someone can enlighten me.

6. The one u wanna c - "If u wanna get creamy baby, I'm the 1 u wanna c" Again its almost certainly about Prince offering his sexual services to some unnamed attractive female. For the period thats quite hot stuff. By this stage the sexual metaphors had to be buried deeper due to the JW vein, but on Planet Earth the sex comes up to the fore again.

7. There'll never b another 1 like me. "Put some olive oil in my hair and get ready to cream" Umm possibly dance around and mingle of perhaps have sex (Just a thought)

Have you guys had any other songs, but in Prince's world Cream is sex, and mostly the liquid byproducts of sex noticeably semen.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/05/12 1:49am

Chiquetet

avatar

Maybe it's just me, but tbh nothing, err, spoils the cream faster than taking crafty innuendo and breaking it down for intellectual analysis and discussion.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/05/12 3:56am

Adorecream

Guys it was a bit of humour, and I know in Movie Star, Prince is talking about creeping an hour before he meets Gilbert and Rome so he can get "mo draws, mo draws".

I just like the word cream as a sexual premise, after all it was that orgiastic video for "cReam" that turned e from a casual listener into a crazed Prince fan in the first case.

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/05/12 5:01am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Adorecream said:

Guys it was a bit of humour, and I know in Movie Star, Prince is talking about creeping an hour before he meets Gilbert and Rome so he can get "mo draws, mo draws".

I just like the word cream as a sexual premise, after all it was that orgiastic video for "cReam" that turned e from a casual listener into a crazed Prince fan in the first case.

ALL my posts are for humor! Except for the P&R posts, of course - despite what the Republicans over there think!

I think the line, "If you want to creamy, I'm the one you wanna see" is my favorite Prince line ever.

hug

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/05/12 5:36pm

Adorecream

Exactly I can't even mention the word cream with out breaking into a giggling fit over all the crazy sexual metaphors used for it by Prince. Same with when my partner asks me if I want any cream on my cake or apple pie. A mental image of Prince flexing his hips up and down enters my mind.

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/06/12 2:48am

LifeCanBeSoNic
e21

avatar

In I Wish U Heaven extended (parts 1,2&3) when he's doing his Jamie Starr voice he says, 'take my coffee but dont U touch my cream'. Prince seems to mention coffee along with cream alot also lol

the feeling U get when U fall in love not with a girl or a boy but with the heavens above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/06/12 6:06am

67TBirdHeartAt
tack

avatar

do you not get the coffee and cream message? Very hard to do ina simple way or paagraph or 2 so without going into a ware and peace ffort he's my best description in a snapshot (plus severely sleep deprived with sick 3 year old!!)

Prince has always had 2 sides to him that he portrays under different guises. His good side and his bad side is black and his white. In the batman phase he clearly shoed this with the Gemini Character and in Lovesexy he spli the show in 2 halves to tell his story. My Name is Prince - it all finally was said I got 2 sides and they both friends. Camille the (speeded up voice) was the one singing all the more "naughty" or "risque" stuff.

I wish you heaven was the clearest definition of them all take my coffee but don't you touch my cream. A direct response to everyone DO NOT BUY THE BLACK ALBUM as per the Alphabet street video.

In short if you take the cream out of coffee what do you get - BLACK.

Coffee can be a metaphor for so many things, life in gneral even, a shot of coffee can perk you up, you can get a hard fast shot of espresso or a long slow smooth latte with the cream. You will find reference to it in so much of Prince's writing. And characters to match. Cream is not about sex its about purity and love. And if there is pure love then there is NOTHING dirty about sex. Head is a love song. How is head any different to holding hands if there is pure love between the 2 involved. When 2 R In Love, nothing's forbidden, nothing's taboo.

With Prince look beyond the initial words and you will find the light and the good. If you don't want to or don't care then take it for the way you want it, take his coffee if that's what you want, do with it what you will he tells you but don't you dare touch his cream.

In the distance a light shines and I know it is mine. Someday I will touch it because it calls me. It says cross the line, cross the line. I know everything is not always what it seems, so I pinch myself daily just in case it's a dream
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/11/12 4:32pm

Adorecream

67TBirdHeartAttack said:

do you not get the coffee and cream message? Very hard to do ina simple way or paagraph or 2 so without going into a ware and peace ffort he's my best description in a snapshot (plus severely sleep deprived with sick 3 year old!!)

Prince has always had 2 sides to him that he portrays under different guises. His good side and his bad side is black and his white. In the batman phase he clearly shoed this with the Gemini Character and in Lovesexy he spli the show in 2 halves to tell his story. My Name is Prince - it all finally was said I got 2 sides and they both friends. Camille the (speeded up voice) was the one singing all the more "naughty" or "risque" stuff.

I wish you heaven was the clearest definition of them all take my coffee but don't you touch my cream. A direct response to everyone DO NOT BUY THE BLACK ALBUM as per the Alphabet street video.

In short if you take the cream out of coffee what do you get - BLACK.

Coffee can be a metaphor for so many things, life in gneral even, a shot of coffee can perk you up, you can get a hard fast shot of espresso or a long slow smooth latte with the cream. You will find reference to it in so much of Prince's writing. And characters to match. Cream is not about sex its about purity and love. And if there is pure love then there is NOTHING dirty about sex. Head is a love song. How is head any different to holding hands if there is pure love between the 2 involved. When 2 R In Love, nothing's forbidden, nothing's taboo.

With Prince look beyond the initial words and you will find the light and the good. If you don't want to or don't care then take it for the way you want it, take his coffee if that's what you want, do with it what you will he tells you but don't you dare touch his cream.

Just like the message in 3121 "Drink champagne from a glass with chocolate handles" Prince was under the spell of Jehovah, so he had to disguise the more sexual metaphors - u do the maths.

We can add Sexy Dancer 'you got me just a creamin'

And erotic city "I just want ur creamy thighs"

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/23/12 5:22pm

67TBirdHeartAt
tack

avatar

Adorecream said:

Just like the message in 3121 "Drink champagne from a glass with chocolate handles" Prince was under the spell of Jehovah, so he had to disguise the more sexual metaphors - u do the maths. We can add Sexy Dancer 'you got me just a creamin' And erotic city "I just want ur creamy thighs"

yes the eralier stuff there was no disguising, it was what it was but the during transitional stuff and the enlightenment phase cream was a metaphor but as I said take from it what you will, there are 2 sides if you want to go.

In the distance a light shines and I know it is mine. Someday I will touch it because it calls me. It says cross the line, cross the line. I know everything is not always what it seems, so I pinch myself daily just in case it's a dream
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Songs in which Prince mentions cream