independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 1800 New Funk catalog
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/24/10 2:19am

Spinlight

avatar

1800 New Funk catalog

Anyone have screen caps of the one (and only) 1800 New Funk catalog? I haven't seen it in a billion years, but I remember getting 2 copies back in the day and boy do I miss it now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/24/10 2:23am

Spinlight

avatar

Also, screen caps of Neo Manifesto would be cool too. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/24/10 2:42am

mplsmike

avatar

A little note :

Lyrics for the song "Everybody wants what they dont got" are printed in the Neo Manifesto book

biggrin

Love Life,
Love God,
And Only Do Drugs You Need
smoker

... wave
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/24/10 3:05am

Spinlight

avatar

mplsmike said:

A little note :

Lyrics for the song "Everybody wants what they dont got" are printed in the Neo Manifesto book

biggrin

As well as "And How", "Crystal Ball", "Empty Room", and others!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/24/10 3:49am

squirrelgrease

avatar

Spinlight said:

Also, screen caps of Neo Manifesto would be cool too. biggrin

I can hook you up with scans of Neo Manifesto. Orgnote me your email and I'll get it to you.

If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/24/10 7:39pm

Spinlight

avatar

Surely someone remembers this catalog and has screenshots of it, right? This was put out back around 1993 or 1994 and had items inside like replicas of the chain hat from MNIP, tshirts, music, VHS, and other memorabilia listed for sale inside. They were supposed to keep doing them, but after the first one it was canceled and you had to call up 1800 New Funk.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/24/10 7:43pm

squirrelgrease

avatar

Spinlight said:

Surely someone remembers this catalog and has screenshots of it, right? This was put out back around 1993 or 1994 and had items inside like replicas of the chain hat from MNIP, tshirts, music, VHS, and other memorabilia listed for sale inside. They were supposed to keep doing them, but after the first one it was canceled and you had to call up 1800 New Funk.

I have the catalog, but don't have scans of it. I'm pretty sure I've seen scans somewhere though.

If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/24/10 7:44pm

Spinlight

avatar

squirrelgrease said:

Spinlight said:

Surely someone remembers this catalog and has screenshots of it, right? This was put out back around 1993 or 1994 and had items inside like replicas of the chain hat from MNIP, tshirts, music, VHS, and other memorabilia listed for sale inside. They were supposed to keep doing them, but after the first one it was canceled and you had to call up 1800 New Funk.

I have the catalog, but don't have scans of it. I'm pretty sure I've seen scans somewhere though.

I'm certain they have to be somewhere, but googling "1800 New Funk catalog" brings back nothing of use, lol. You would think someone on the org has scans!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/24/10 9:35pm

motherfunka

avatar

No scanner here, but was it kind of shaped odd? The sides were slanted like this... / \ ? I don' think you're talking about this one? I don't have a scanner, just pics, and they're not very clear. Sorry.

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/Prince%20Various/DSC00891.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/Prince%20Various/DSC00892.jpg[/img:$uid]

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/24/10 9:42pm

Spinlight

avatar

motherfunka said:

No scanner here, but was it kind of shaped odd? The sides were slanted like this... / \ ? I don' think you're talking about this one? I don't have a scanner, just pics, and they're not very clear. Sorry.

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/Prince%20Various/DSC00891.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/Prince%20Various/DSC00892.jpg[/img:$uid]

No, this catalog looked similar to um.... Now this is really stretching my memory, but it was the same stock and size as a tour book almost, I wanna say. I could be wrong about that, but I seem to remember it being decently sized? Inside listed all items that were sold at the NPG MPLS store incl the angel replicas they sold for $5-6000. This was something you would get in the mail every quarter. I can't remember what was on the cover but it had actual art direction going on rather than just a symbol or black.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/24/10 9:47pm

squirrelgrease

avatar

^ That's the catalog I have.

If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/24/10 9:49pm

motherfunka

avatar

Spinlight said:

motherfunka said:

No scanner here, but was it kind of shaped odd? The sides were slanted like this... / \ ? I don' think you're talking about this one? I don't have a scanner, just pics, and they're not very clear. Sorry.

No, this catalog looked similar to um.... Now this is really stretching my memory, but it was the same stock and size as a tour book almost, I wanna say. I could be wrong about that, but I seem to remember it being decently sized? Inside listed all items that were sold at the NPG MPLS store incl the angel replicas they sold for $5-6000. This was something you would get in the mail every quarter. I can't remember what was on the cover but it had actual art direction going on rather than just a symbol or black.

I'm pretty sure I know which one you are talking about. I think the cover had an actual picture from inside the NPG retail store. It was decent sized and thicker paper. The pics I posted is just what the 2nd "catatolog" was shipped in. It folded out to a poster of Prince and on the other side showed the merchandise. I'll try and do some digging tomorrow and find it.

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/24/10 10:01pm

Spinlight

avatar

motherfunka said:

Spinlight said:

No, this catalog looked similar to um.... Now this is really stretching my memory, but it was the same stock and size as a tour book almost, I wanna say. I could be wrong about that, but I seem to remember it being decently sized? Inside listed all items that were sold at the NPG MPLS store incl the angel replicas they sold for $5-6000. This was something you would get in the mail every quarter. I can't remember what was on the cover but it had actual art direction going on rather than just a symbol or black.

I'm pretty sure I know which one you are talking about. I think the cover had an actual picture from inside the NPG retail store. It was decent sized and thicker paper. The pics I posted is just what the 2nd "catatolog" was shipped in. It folded out to a poster of Prince and on the other side showed the merchandise. I'll try and do some digging tomorrow and find it.

OMG! Yes! It had a picture of the front lobby of the store! That's absolutely right!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/24/10 10:41pm

squirrelgrease

avatar

I know the thing you're talking about now. All I have is the other catalog:

[img:$uid]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/squirrelgrease2009/NPG%20Catalog/mf008959.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/squirrelgrease2009/NPG%20Catalog/mf008960.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/squirrelgrease2009/NPG%20Catalog/mf008955.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/squirrelgrease2009/NPG%20Catalog/mf008956.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/squirrelgrease2009/NPG%20Catalog/mf008957.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/squirrelgrease2009/NPG%20Catalog/mf008958.jpg[/img:$uid]

If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/24/10 11:07pm

ufoclub

avatar

I got neo manifesto somewhere in a box!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/24/10 11:59pm

Spinlight

avatar

Wow! I'd never even seen that second one before!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/25/10 1:25am

MadCute

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/25/10 1:46am

Spinlight

avatar

MadCute said:

This one?

http://www.guide2prince.o...ogue93.jpg

Ah ha! Yes, that is it!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/25/10 10:47am

lydiaravenswoo
d

avatar

this makes me miss the old prince soo much sad

eye kisses prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/26/10 4:38pm

motherfunka

avatar

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01131.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01132.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01133.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01134.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01135.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01136.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01138.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01139.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01140.jpg[/img:$uid]

[img:$uid]http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt249/dboen/DSC01141.jpg[/img:$uid]

[Edited 9/26/10 16:45pm]

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/26/10 5:54pm

squirrelgrease

avatar

^ Cool. Now that I've seen the guts, I'm pretty sure I have the physical catalog somewhere in my house.

If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 1800 New Funk catalog