independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Illusion, Coma, Pimp, & Circumstance, .....second listen
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 10/22/09 10:42pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

"money, money, money..." lol (my favorite part, like, ever nuts) i like his vocals on it, but nah, not my favorite at all shake. the album as a whole is alright, but i don't bump it too much myself either.3121 is my shit though love
[Edited 10/22/09 22:42pm]
For all time I am with you, you are with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 10/25/09 1:59pm

theAudience

avatar

Imago said:

So it was with tremendous surprise last night while listening to my iPod that when this song came on, I really enjoyed it. His vocals are great for this type of song. Maybe it was the uber expensive Shure headphones I was wearing, but I heard slight inflections and a degree of control in his voice that was amazing. He was actually 'acting' with his voice in the song. If you pay attention to it, he goes from the god-like narrator to the old-woman role ("come here, let mamma feed ya...") back to the narrator effortlessly.



Nice pick Imago. wink

Which Shure model do you have?...



...I won a set of their SCL5 Sound Isolating Earphones a couple of years ago. Definitely changed my in-ear listening experience.


Regarding the song, those guitar parts are a lesson in FUNK rhythm playing.


tA

peace Tribal Disorder

http://www.soundclick.com...dID=182431
"Ya see, we're not interested in what you know...but what you are willing to learn. C'mon y'all."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 10/25/09 4:54pm

thedawnofanewe
ra

avatar

theAudience said:

Imago said:

So it was with tremendous surprise last night while listening to my iPod that when this song came on, I really enjoyed it. His vocals are great for this type of song. Maybe it was the uber expensive Shure headphones I was wearing, but I heard slight inflections and a degree of control in his voice that was amazing. He was actually 'acting' with his voice in the song. If you pay attention to it, he goes from the god-like narrator to the old-woman role ("come here, let mamma feed ya...") back to the narrator effortlessly.



Nice pick Imago. wink

Which Shure model do you have?...



...I won a set of their SCL5 Sound Isolating Earphones a couple of years ago. Definitely changed my in-ear listening experience.


Regarding the song, those guitar parts are a lesson in FUNK rhythm playing.


tA

peace Tribal Disorder

http://www.soundclick.com...dID=182431


Yes I was wondering same which headphones were u using I to am looking for good set of headphones to enhance my listening experience.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 10/25/09 5:06pm

Genesia

avatar

That song has been my favorite on Musicology from the jump. nod
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 10/25/09 5:28pm

Imago

Genesia said:

That song has been my favorite on Musicology from the jump. nod

I've always appreciated your support for my threads, Genesia, especially since you know better. hug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 10/25/09 5:30pm

Imago

theAudience said:

Imago said:

So it was with tremendous surprise last night while listening to my iPod that when this song came on, I really enjoyed it. His vocals are great for this type of song. Maybe it was the uber expensive Shure headphones I was wearing, but I heard slight inflections and a degree of control in his voice that was amazing. He was actually 'acting' with his voice in the song. If you pay attention to it, he goes from the god-like narrator to the old-woman role ("come here, let mamma feed ya...") back to the narrator effortlessly.



Nice pick Imago. wink

Which Shure model do you have?...



...I won a set of their SCL5 Sound Isolating Earphones a couple of years ago. Definitely changed my in-ear listening experience.


Regarding the song, those guitar parts are a lesson in FUNK rhythm playing.


tA

peace Tribal Disorder

http://www.soundclick.com...dID=182431

Good question!
I'll need to check when I get home. They're not the $500 pair.
I'm not THAT much of an audiophile. lol
I think mine where in the $200 neighborhood, whichever pair those are. shrug

I'll look 'em up.

What do the $500 pair sound like anyways? I think I would jizz myself.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 10/25/09 5:48pm

Genesia

avatar

Imago said:

Genesia said:

That song has been my favorite on Musicology from the jump. nod

I've always appreciated your support for my threads, Genesia, especially since you know better. hug


What can I say? You start great threads! shrug wink
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 10/26/09 7:47am

Paisley4u

avatar

I really liked the Musicology period,because after years he finally released an
album with singles and videos,radiostations premiered the new songs and even the single Musicology got airplay on radio and tv...it was just nice
2 get a solid Prince album.

And I love I,C,P&C,it sounds very Prince-isch 2 me.
Also love A million Days,Life O'Party (I know I'm the only 1!!),
What do U want me 2 do.
Musicology,Call my name,Reflection are good!

Don't like,can't stand The Marrying kind/If eye was....
Love4oneanother
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Illusion, Coma, Pimp, & Circumstance, .....second listen