independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 11th Dec 2019 9:43am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince to perform on the Ellen Show
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 16 of 18 « First<9101112131415161718>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #450 posted 04/24/09 2:55am

KidaDynamite

avatar

Oh wow....he looked so good! The outfit, the hair, everything was WORKING honey and those glasses fit him so perfectly, so freaking cute! mushy

Is it me or is Prince getting shorter, though?! hmm lol
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #451 posted 04/24/09 3:36am

TRON

avatar

This totally made my day. Thanks Nikki! Thanks Prince!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #452 posted 04/24/09 4:27am

Genesia

avatar

squirrelgrease said:

Genesia said:



She sure did. Got even more pointed about him than that - and has since deleted the post. Can't say I blame her - she made herself look pretty bad.


Wow. Really? That's quite interesting. I'm sorry I missed the post. Wonder what brought that on...


I guess everyone can be a raging bitch from time to time. shrug
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #453 posted 04/24/09 4:31am

rudeboynpg

avatar

I love how Prince mixes Crimson and Clover with Jimi's Foxy Lady.
prince "Don't dance with the devil in the pale moonlight. The curious try and always die." prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #454 posted 04/24/09 4:49am

Rorywan

avatar

RenHoek said:

funkycat00 said:





right-click + saved!!!


awesome gif!!



SSSTINNNNNKKKYYYYY!!!!
"My God it's full of Stars"
Indigo Club, September 21st 2008, 4.24am
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #455 posted 04/24/09 4:57am

Marco81

rudeboynpg said:

I love how Prince mixes Crimson and Clover with Jimi's Foxy Lady.


wasn't it "Wild Thing"?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #456 posted 04/24/09 5:10am

alexnvrmnd777

So, what...Josh and CC had another gig that day or something?? It'd be great if Sheila and Rhonda were permanent replacements, but we all know they're not. sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #457 posted 04/24/09 5:11am

Rorywan

avatar

Marco81 said:

rudeboynpg said:

I love how Prince mixes Crimson and Clover with Jimi's Foxy Lady.


wasn't it "Wild Thing"?



nod nod

it was..
"My God it's full of Stars"
Indigo Club, September 21st 2008, 4.24am
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #458 posted 04/24/09 5:19am

LondonStyle

avatar

Rorywan said:

Marco81 said:



wasn't it "Wild Thing"?



nod nod

it was..



YES YES YES.....JUST SEEN IT IN "HD FORMAT" .....WOW.....Prince is just so laid back rocking out.....great...and the band so cool

You guys in the states must be OD

headbang music err excited
Da, Da, Da....Emancipation....Free..don't think I ain't..! London 21 Nights...Clap your hands...you know the rest..
James Brown & Michael Jackson RIP, your music still lives with us!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #459 posted 04/24/09 5:57am

rudeboynpg

avatar

Marco81 said:

rudeboynpg said:

I love how Prince mixes Crimson and Clover with Jimi's Foxy Lady.


wasn't it "Wild Thing"?



Oh, right. I just watched it again.
prince "Don't dance with the devil in the pale moonlight. The curious try and always die." prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #460 posted 04/24/09 6:17am

LondonStyle

avatar

oh Ellen getting a signed copy of the CD.....the perks of the job..... biggrin
Da, Da, Da....Emancipation....Free..don't think I ain't..! London 21 Nights...Clap your hands...you know the rest..
James Brown & Michael Jackson RIP, your music still lives with us!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #461 posted 04/24/09 6:25am

purplecam

avatar

I saw the performance late last night and it was HOT! I like those glasses he was wearing. He looked mad cool, hell he was working that entire outfit. That performance of C & C was more proof of why he needs to go back on tour.
I'm not a fan of "old Prince". I'm not a fan of "new Prince". I'm just a fan of Prince. Simple as that
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #462 posted 04/24/09 6:33am

LondonStyle

avatar

"Crimson and Clover" (Live on the Ellen DeGeneres Show)

Flush from selling his $2,100 box sets, Prince appeared on the Ellen Degeneres Show yesterday (April 23), where he performed a cover of Tommy James & The Shondells’ “Crimson and Clover.” The original song was a huge hit in the ‘60s, and has been covered by Joan Jett, Dolly Parton, Kelly Clarkson and Cher (although sadly not all at the same time).

Prince’s version is, of course, marked by one of his soaring guitar solos, and he even gets a hug from Ellen at the end of the performance. The talk show host is fawning over him as the clip finishes, and the diminutive singer even lets her try on his guitar for size. "Crimson and Clover" is taken from the first disc in Prince's LotusFlow3r set.

Posted in: PRINCE
Rate this Track
Average rating: 10.0 biggrin
Login to rate this post

http://www.prefixmag.com/...sho/28395/
Da, Da, Da....Emancipation....Free..don't think I ain't..! London 21 Nights...Clap your hands...you know the rest..
James Brown & Michael Jackson RIP, your music still lives with us!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #463 posted 04/24/09 10:31am

Lotus2unfld

miniatureamazon said:[quote]

Lotus2unfld said:

peace
(don't take me too seriously)
[Edited 4/21/09 5:41am]


>But I'm very interested about TUMISET ..sacred word..never heard of this,
>can't find it with google..please my friend can U xplain?

::smile:::
Your right. I tried to google it myself and looked on several online dictionaries. I didn't see it listed in any of those either. I'm surprised. It's a real word.

The word itself in this case is of Eygptian origin. I don't recall exactly how the term came to me ...but when I looked it up, the definition was so clear and to the point ... I was a bit stunned.

In some cultures, especially from long ago, the King and the Kings counter-part,(you might call Queen, but she's actually the Kings counter-part) go together to a special place in a special ceremony. It's an oblong room with a very large statue in ebony stone. I'm not sure what the stone is, maybe basalt or maybe onyx. Probably Onyx considering the importance of the ceremony.

I'm trying to recall exactly where I heard all this. I'm sorry I just can't pull it right now. But I can see the
room in my minds eye. It's a real place. It's a real word. I'm not just pulling your leg.

It's important to note that the king is a husband to the land. His counter-part is the mother to the land.
Such is the way of the universe. Their place represents a great universal mystery.

Tumiset is a sacred flow between king and counter-part for the renewel of life in the land. As king and counter-part
begin to renew life within themselves, in this ceremony, the land is blessed,the crops are renewed as well and essentially, spring is born anew. The renewal of life is sacred. Whether it be the renewel of life in the land,
or anything else. Consider the lesson of the Lotusflower. A rise to life anew in spite of obstacles.

Dare I say it, look at all the haters just on the net alone. Doesn't stop Prince from doing his thing... he is the eptomey of the lesson of the Lotusflower. Without a doubt. It's something for all of us to pause and consider.

I am not LotusFlower, btw. I am Lotus2unfld, literally, philosphocially speaking. It is my hope to rise above the murky waters and the mirey clay
reach the sunshine in full bloom. This is a statement about life. The energy of others is something to take caution on. You have made an important point in that respect.

Life anew is part of a universal mystery.

Tumiset, can be very sexual in nature but is not limited to .... sex. It's not really about that. It's something more. It's more spiritual in nature. When properly directed it's for a higher purpose.

I just read over the last two lines and realized that this sounds a little like something from the Divinci Code, but
No .... I don't think it's like that. It's not a sex cult thing... it's the way of something different. This ceremony represents a mystery of the way of the universe....I should think would be in all cultures, to one degree
or another. It's nothing from a novel.... this is an actual thing that is part of history throughout our humnanity
to one degree or another.

Anyway, guess I better get off this topic. I know it's sounding a little strange... but it's for real.

I wish I could remember where I learned all this so I could list references for you....but alas, I cannot recall.

I used to have such a great memory. hehehehe. sheeesh. middle age, heaven help me. lol

That's a small definition of what Tumiset is... and is for.

Prince would know. He knows has it. He may even know the name of it. But no mater, he knows he has it and he knows how to summon and direct it. That's about the only thing I would dare to assume about him, well that and the fact
that we all know he's an amazing musician. smile


peace and much love.
this is the time of the first fast.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #464 posted 04/24/09 10:43am

Serena

Genesia said:

squirrelgrease said:



Wow. Really? That's quite interesting. I'm sorry I missed the post. Wonder what brought that on...


I guess everyone can be a raging bitch from time to time. shrug


What else did she say? The Gladys Kravitz in me has to know! lol
[Edited 4/24/09 10:45am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #465 posted 04/24/09 11:03am

Lotus2unfld

miniatureamazon said:[quote]

Lotus2unfld said:

peace
(don't take me too seriously)
[Edited 4/21/09 5:41am]



>>Thanx Lotus2unfld..that was beautiful and soulful worship I did catch all >>ur prayers..I hope U catched all the healing butterflies I sent U pray

::smile:: thankyou for the butterflies...and your prayer. You are most kind.

>>And yes U did tickle my funny bone and maybe some other bone too lol >>Laughter is the best thing in life, a prank a day keeps a doctor >>away thumbs up!

LOL. good I'm glad. But wait... what ? uh,....*blush* I thought you were a woman? I'm lost.
this is the time of the first fast.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #466 posted 04/24/09 11:23am

twistee

Very "Revolution"-esque.
If only W&L could have been in...
Lisa's voice & Wendy's guitar in the song would have totally made me cry.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #467 posted 04/24/09 11:27am

gravity

what a beautiful feeling..... heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #468 posted 04/24/09 11:29am

gravity

sheila on the drums.....love her!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #469 posted 04/24/09 11:32am

Vanity45

avatar

gravity said:

what a beautiful feeling..... heart


nod biggrin
[Edited 4/24/09 12:31pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #470 posted 04/24/09 12:12pm

InsatiableForP

excited I just saw it! headbang I wonder what they were saying to each other at the end?
I know I hold you too tight, but I just can't seem to get close enough
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #471 posted 04/24/09 1:14pm

psychodelicide

avatar

InsatiableForP said:

excited I just saw it! headbang I wonder what they were saying to each other at the end?


I was wondering the same thing.
RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #472 posted 04/24/09 1:27pm

PaisleyRose

Prince you looked so good it was blowing my mind!!! You sounded great too wink
PaisleyRose was here rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #473 posted 04/24/09 4:19pm

Browzer

funny how the youtube clip sayz that it doesn't violate copyright stuff... seems that he wants us to see it for once.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #474 posted 04/24/09 6:20pm

toots

avatar

L4OATheOriginal said:

toots said:


Well seems to me YOU ARE calling me out with responces you are making IF you were not you would not of responded at all.

Look who is being the Negative Nancy? rolleyes You coming here bitching about negativity(bitching about it IS negativity mind you) and then acting all innocent like.

I got a newsflash for you, FYI, ALL forums have BOTH negative and positive in them. If you want a forum to be all peaches and cream go create that forum urself. If not stop bitching about others who have a negative opinion once in a while or leave, the choice is yours, not mine.

YOU posted the negative post first remember not me or anyone else but yet ur beating that horse funny I think. IF you were on more often then the 26 posts you have made since 2004 when you became a member you just might see the positive in ones negative opinion.Life isnt always peaches and cream, if it was it would be a dam perfect word and you know IMHO I CANT handle perfect all the time I like abit of chaos to spice my life up.

THAT is my diplomatic way of saying things. Honest, straight and to the point. Dont like, tough, move on.

When one runs out of things to say they start to say "whatever". Not very um diplomatic either.

Move on.
[Edited 4/23/09 6:20am]


what's that 2nd quote in ur signature again? big grin

Never let it b said that toots don't let u know what's on her mind-Freddy(L4OATheOriginal)
biggrin
Smurf theme song-seriously how many fucking "La Las" can u fit into a dam song wall
Proud Wendy and Lisa Fancy Lesbian asskisser thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #475 posted 04/24/09 6:45pm

luluQueen

psychodelicide said:

InsatiableForP said:

excited I just saw it! headbang I wonder what they were saying to each other at the end?


I was wondering the same thing.



HE was saying remember when I played on Leno and I gave the TMZ guy the guitar that "FOOL" thought he could keep it ROFL MHM that is what he was saying
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #476 posted 04/24/09 11:43pm

miniatureamazo
n

Lotus2unfld said:[quote]

miniatureamazon said:

Lotus2unfld said:

peace
(don't take me too seriously)
[Edited 4/21/09 5:41am]



>>Thanx Lotus2unfld..that was beautiful and soulful worship I did catch all >>ur prayers..I hope U catched all the healing butterflies I sent U pray

::smile:: thankyou for the butterflies...and your prayer. You are most kind.

>>And yes U did tickle my funny bone and maybe some other bone too lol >>Laughter is the best thing in life, a prank a day keeps a doctor >>away thumbs up!

LOL. good I'm glad. But wait... what ? uh,....*blush* I thought you were a woman? I'm lost.


biggrin I'm all woman believe me wink ..as I'm not anglophone maybe I use english in a some what funny way lol ..so don't b lost..

thanx 4 taking time 2 xplain "tumiset" I'll get back 2 that later as I gotta go now, it's inernational Taiji & Qigong day so I got things 2 do
party

Peace and LUV
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #477 posted 04/24/09 11:49pm

purplesweat

Browzer said:

funny how the youtube clip sayz that it doesn't violate copyright stuff... seems that he wants us to see it for once.


I know! This is surprising. Hopefully he's stopped the youtube war.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #478 posted 04/25/09 12:42am

Lotus2unfld

miniatureamazon said:

Lotus2unfld said:




>>Thanx Lotus2unfld..that was beautiful and soulful worship I did catch all >>ur prayers..I hope U catched all the healing butterflies I sent U pray

::smile:: thankyou for the butterflies...and your prayer. You are most kind.

>>And yes U did tickle my funny bone and maybe some other bone too lol >>Laughter is the best thing in life, a prank a day keeps a doctor >>away thumbs up!

LOL. good I'm glad. But wait... what ? uh,....*blush* I thought you were a woman? I'm lost.


biggrin I'm all woman believe me wink ..as I'm not anglophone maybe I use english in a some what funny way lol ..so don't b lost..

thanx 4 taking time 2 xplain "tumiset" I'll get back 2 that later as I gotta go now, it's inernational Taiji & Qigong day so I got things 2 do
party

Peace and LUV



I need to get into that, I'll bet it's a way to medidate.

Throwin' a wave with ya for round the world. *giggle*

(as if I knew what I was doing with this Tai chi stuff) lol
this is the time of the first fast.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #479 posted 04/25/09 10:47am

miniatureamazo
n

Lotus2unfld said:[quote]

miniatureamazon said:

Lotus2unfld said:

peace
(don't take me too seriously)
[Edited 4/21/09 5:41am]


>But I'm very interested about TUMISET ..sacred word..never heard of this,
>can't find it with google..please my friend can U xplain?

::smile:::
Your right. I tried to google it myself and looked on several online dictionaries. I didn't see it listed in any of those either. I'm surprised. It's a real word.

The word itself in this case is of Eygptian origin. I don't recall exactly how the term came to me ...but when I looked it up, the definition was so clear and to the point ... I was a bit stunned.

In some cultures, especially from long ago, the King and the Kings counter-part,(you might call Queen, but she's actually the Kings counter-part) go together to a special place in a special ceremony. It's an oblong room with a very large statue in ebony stone. I'm not sure what the stone is, maybe basalt or maybe onyx. Probably Onyx considering the importance of the ceremony.

I'm trying to recall exactly where I heard all this. I'm sorry I just can't pull it right now. But I can see the
room in my minds eye. It's a real place. It's a real word. I'm not just pulling your leg.

It's important to note that the king is a husband to the land. His counter-part is the mother to the land.
Such is the way of the universe. Their place represents a great universal mystery.

Tumiset is a sacred flow between king and counter-part for the renewel of life in the land. As king and counter-part
begin to renew life within themselves, in this ceremony, the land is blessed,the crops are renewed as well and essentially, spring is born anew. The renewal of life is sacred. Whether it be the renewel of life in the land,
or anything else. Consider the lesson of the Lotusflower. A rise to life anew in spite of obstacles.

Dare I say it, look at all the haters just on the net alone. Doesn't stop Prince from doing his thing... he is the eptomey of the lesson of the Lotusflower. Without a doubt. It's something for all of us to pause and consider.

I am not LotusFlower, btw. I am Lotus2unfld, literally, philosphocially speaking. It is my hope to rise above the murky waters and the mirey clay
reach the sunshine in full bloom. This is a statement about life. The energy of others is something to take caution on. You have made an important point in that respect.

Life anew is part of a universal mystery.

Tumiset, can be very sexual in nature but is not limited to .... sex. It's not really about that. It's something more. It's more spiritual in nature. When properly directed it's for a higher purpose.

I just read over the last two lines and realized that this sounds a little like something from the Divinci Code, but
No .... I don't think it's like that. It's not a sex cult thing... it's the way of something different. This ceremony represents a mystery of the way of the universe....I should think would be in all cultures, to one degree
or another. It's nothing from a novel.... this is an actual thing that is part of history throughout our humnanity
to one degree or another.

Anyway, guess I better get off this topic. I know it's sounding a little strange... but it's for real.

I wish I could remember where I learned all this so I could list references for you....but alas, I cannot recall.

I used to have such a great memory. hehehehe. sheeesh. middle age, heaven help me. lol

That's a small definition of what Tumiset is... and is for.

Prince would know. He knows has it. He may even know the name of it. But no mater, he knows he has it and he knows how to summon and direct it. That's about the only thing I would dare to assume about him, well that and the fact
that we all know he's an amazing musician. smile


peace and much love.



Thanx Lotus2ufld 4 sharing this with all of us :warm smile:

All this is very interesting..kinda of reminds me of some Taoist philosophies..doesn't sound at all strange 2 me cuz I know about past and future lives..so I think that U have been there that's why U c it in Ur minds eye.

Prince has tumiset..hmmm interesting cool

Peace 2 all under heaven
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 16 of 18 « First<9101112131415161718>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince to perform on the Ellen Show