independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 11th Dec 2019 8:18am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Rave Unto Year 2000 DVD
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/07/08 7:10pm

nurseV

Rave Unto Year 2000 DVD

Believe it or not I just got it a couple of days ago excited My best friend since I was 12 (heart her wink ) bought it for me dancing jig I really loved when Prince sang with Rosie and those splits giggle I know that the ladies will agree that if he had fallen into a crowd I was in he might not have made it back to the stage lol Anyway, loved the video razz Oh and that piano was to die for hmmm I need a pic of that giggle I know I'm about ten years late, but did you like it?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/07/08 7:14pm

sexxydancer

Awww,wasn't it awesome,tho? That was very sweet of ur friend. mushy
[Edited 5/7/08 19:15pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/07/08 7:15pm

nurseV

sexxydancer said:

Awww,wasn't it awesome,tho? :mushy:That was very sweet of ur friend.



nod I loved it wink heart 4 my lil sis(best friend) and a hug for you too SD wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/07/08 8:10pm

Twiki

avatar

I love his little percussion interlude. It's fun and funky.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/07/08 8:12pm

nurseV

Twiki said:

I love his little percussion interlude. It's fun and funky.



I adored that part too cool Love Twiki (avatar) by the way razz
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/07/08 8:19pm

Twiki

avatar

nurseV said:

Twiki said:

I love his little percussion interlude. It's fun and funky.



I adored that part too cool Love Twiki (avatar) by the way razz


Thanks.

It's funny about the DVD; I hadn't watched it in a while but put it in a few weeks ago, and I can't get enough of that percussion bit. There are other great parts on the DVD, although I could do without Lenny Kravitz (sorry to anyone who's a fan).
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/07/08 8:21pm

nurseV

Twiki said:

nurseV said:




I adored that part too cool Love Twiki (avatar) by the way razz


Thanks.

It's funny about the DVD; I hadn't watched it in a while but put it in a few weeks ago, and I can't get enough of that percussion bit. There are other great parts on the DVD, although I could do without Lenny Kravitz (sorry to anyone who's a fan).



Love Lenny, but his voice was off on this one and so was Larry's lol Sorry to all the Larry fans also giggle
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/07/08 8:28pm

sexxydancer

What was ur fave part of the dvd,nurseV? Mine was how Prince wore that blue outfit,especially the pantz.wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/07/08 8:32pm

nurseV

sexxydancer said:

What was ur fave part of the dvd,nurseV? Mine was how Prince wore that blue outfit,especially the pantz.wink



lol Those pants are special lol But I think mine's was the piano when he's singing Nothing Compares 2 U mushy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/07/08 8:32pm

sexxydancer

nurseV said:

sexxydancer said:

What was ur fave part of the dvd,nurseV? Mine was how Prince wore that blue outfit,especially the pantz.wink



lol Those pants are special lol But I think mine's was the piano when he's singing Nothing Compares 2 U mushy

Co mushy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/07/08 8:34pm

sexxydancer

When I 1st got that dvd,I stayed up all nite and watched it like 4 r 5 timez in a row.Went 2 bed at daylite. wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/07/08 8:37pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

I love a good half of the dvd, but I think he did too many covers.

Shoulda played more of his own songs...I like the part with Lenny, but the whole Larry Grahmn and the crew part was kinda lame lol
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/07/08 8:37pm

nurseV

sexxydancer said:

When I 1st got that dvd,I stayed up all nite and watched it like 4 r 5 timez in a row.Went 2 bed at daylite. wink



eek I gotta catch up then-I'm behind lol I'll watch it again tomorrow wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/07/08 8:38pm

nurseV

thekidsgirl said:

I love a good half of the dvd, but I think he did too many covers.

Shoulda played more of his own songs...I like the part with Lenny, but the whole Larry Grahmn and the crew part was kinda lame lol


Yeah-he should have kicked Larry to the curb then lol falloff
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/08/08 3:03am

Dayclear

One of my favorites and his rendition of Purple rain on there is also one of my favs. biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/08/08 3:09am

Dayclear



[Edited 5/8/08 3:15am]
biggrin
[Edited 5/8/08 3:16am]

[Edited 5/8/08 3:29am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/08/08 3:17am

JimRockford

Money & art don't mix = Money for other people & art don't mix...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/08/08 5:50am

Tame

avatar

I love the whole thing...especially "Baby Knows" and I think Prince is an adorable merman. cool
"The Lion Sleeps Tonight...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/08/08 6:53am

Claire73

Love it.....theres only one thing I cannot STAND,and thats the prat with the blue outfit and cowboy hat banging his imaginary drums in the audience,and always trying to look for the camera omg

I hope he's not a fellow orger whofarted
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/08/08 7:28am

nurseV

Dayclear said:



[Edited 5/8/08 3:15am]
biggrin
[Edited 5/8/08 3:16am]

[Edited 5/8/08 3:29am]




excited heart ya Dayclear-great pics
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/08/08 7:38am

vivid

It's cool you like it but it's not for me that one. I was embarassed when some friends of mine caught it on TV once - They all thought it was pants and I had to agree.

He just seemed to be 'trying' all the way through.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/08/08 7:43am

nurseV

vivid said:

It's cool you like it but it's not for me that one. I was embarassed when some friends of mine caught it on TV once - They all thought it was pants and I had to agree.

He just seemed to be 'trying' all the way through.



Well, I guess you have to love everything Prince to like it-been a fan since 1981 so I like just about everything except "Rave" the song and ""Turn Me Loose" now that's some Prince mess for ya lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/08/08 7:45am

vivid

nurseV said:

vivid said:

It's cool you like it but it's not for me that one. I was embarassed when some friends of mine caught it on TV once - They all thought it was pants and I had to agree.

He just seemed to be 'trying' all the way through.



Well, I guess you have to love everything Prince to like it-been a fan since 1981 so I like just about everything except "Rave" the song and ""Turn Me Loose" now that's some Prince mess for ya lol


I been a fan just as long and the kind of fan who buys everything on the day of release razz

In fact, I'm such fan sometimes I think I need help, but I think the Rave DVD is rubbish and by far the worst P concert I've ever witnessed.

But hey 'one man's gloom...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/08/08 7:49am

nurseV

vivid said:

nurseV said:




Well, I guess you have to love everything Prince to like it-been a fan since 1981 so I like just about everything except "Rave" the song and ""Turn Me Loose" now that's some Prince mess for ya lol


I been a fan just as long and the kind of fan who buys everything on the day of release razz

In fact, I'm such fan sometimes I think I need help, but I think the Rave DVD is rubbish and by far the worst P concert I've ever witnessed.

But hey 'one man's gloom...



It's true lol There are some parts that are truly hot mess! Especially Larry and what was up with the drumsticks (when he walks up the stage and just breaks out with the sticks lol )
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/08/08 1:31pm

bellanoche

This thread is funny to me because I was just on Amazon and they recommended this to me. It is the ONLY official (I have a growing collection of boots) Prince DVD release that I do not own. I thought about buying it to complete my collection, then read some posts here that reminded me why I do not own it.

I remember being disappointed by this performance but not wanting to admit it at the time. It really sparked a period when I left Prince, which I now regret because I missed the celebrations as a result of my hiatus. Nevertheless, this is probably the last concert I would ever show a non-Prince fan. It does not do him justice. He tried too hard to be all things to all people. I think he is far more comfortable now navigating his catalog and appeasing his mainstream and core fans (not bitter, complaining ingrates, of course) with his shows. I think he was trying to find that balance back then with the Rave concert since it was a hyped up PPV, but he missed the mark. I'd watch Aladdin/Vegas over this one any time.
perfection is a fallacy of the imagination...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/08/08 3:30pm

Dayclear

Tame said:

I love the whole thing...especially "Baby Knows" and I think Prince is an adorable merman. cool

TAME, what's a Merman? confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/08/08 3:36pm

nurseV

bellanoche said:

This thread is funny to me because I was just on Amazon and they recommended this to me. It is the ONLY official (I have a growing collection of boots) Prince DVD release that I do not own. I thought about buying it to complete my collection, then read some posts here that reminded me why I do not own it.

I remember being disappointed by this performance but not wanting to admit it at the time. It really sparked a period when I left Prince, which I now regret because I missed the celebrations as a result of my hiatus. Nevertheless, this is probably the last concert I would ever show a non-Prince fan. It does not do him justice. He tried too hard to be all things to all people. I think he is far more comfortable now navigating his catalog and appeasing his mainstream and core fans (not bitter, complaining ingrates, of course) with his shows. I think he was trying to find that balance back then with the Rave concert since it was a hyped up PPV, but he missed the mark. I'd watch Aladdin/Vegas over this one any time.


Aladdin/Vegas is a fav of mine, but I did enjoy watching Rave even with all it's flaws-hey it's Prince you gotta heart him lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/08/08 3:36pm

nurseV

Dayclear said:

Tame said:

I love the whole thing...especially "Baby Knows" and I think Prince is an adorable merman. cool

TAME, what's a Merman? confused



eek falloff
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/08/08 3:49pm

Riverpoet31

I haver never seen the whole DVD, but judging on the few snippets i have seen i don't intend to watch it either.

For me, Prince was at his most 'plastic' and generic during that period (Emancipation / NPS / Rave): his sound, his songwriting, his presence (that blue suit and those little pigtails in his hair, or what you call them), using prerecorded music during live performances etc...

Bleeehh!
[Edited 5/8/08 15:50pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/08/08 4:44pm

2IZ1



God wants Out of the box that Human Perception has nailed Him
In.

Rave.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Rave Unto Year 2000 DVD