independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 21st Sep 2019 8:09am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 3121 jam - I Wish U Heaven pts. 2&3
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 11/25/07 10:10am

darrenj

__ck !! more FREE music !!!

When will it stop! eek eek

biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 11/25/07 10:16am

VenusBlingBlin
g

avatar

cool

These jams of the week have been so different from Planet Earth, it's hard to belive they're posted on the site the same year...

He should play all these jams on the next leg of the tour... pray
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 11/25/07 10:19am

realm

F__CKING FREE REHASH! sad

What Next Another Released song. Maybe "Peace" by the NPG!

Prince may as well post the freaking Purple Rain Album..Good Lord!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 11/25/07 10:23am

darrenj

realm said:

F__CKING FREE REHASH! sad

What Next Another Released song. Maybe "Peace" by the NPG!

Prince may as well post the freaking Purple Rain Album..Good Lord!



falloff falloff

A rehash of PR would be cool as fuck.

lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 11/25/07 10:34am

ludwig

Sly said:

Some of you just want a reason to be annoyed.

He edited out a swear word - so what?! Would you rather he didn't make it available?

It's officially available for nineteen years, unedited and uncensored. It's just rehash, nothing new. And I prefer the uncensored and complete version I have on 12" vinyl and on cd single.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 11/25/07 10:46am

VenusBlingBlin
g

avatar

Although I gotta say I prefer Eye Wish U Heaven as it is on Lovesexy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 11/25/07 10:49am

ufoclub

avatar

VenusBlingBling said:

Although I gotta say I prefer Eye Wish U Heaven as it is on Lovesexy.


these parts are really two new tracks, part 3 was actually recorded originally as separate song called "Take This Beat"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 11/25/07 10:55am

VenusBlingBlin
g

avatar

ufoclub said:

VenusBlingBling said:

Although I gotta say I prefer Eye Wish U Heaven as it is on Lovesexy.


these parts are really two new tracks, part 3 was actually recorded originally as separate song called "Take This Beat"


Oh, thanks for the info.

hmmm
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 11/25/07 11:15am

realm

darrenj said:

falloff falloff

A rehash of PR would be cool as fuck.

lol


Someones smoking the purple pipe!

cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 11/25/07 11:16am

NightGod

avatar

To those who are requesting Prince to make this track available for download (for a fee), I don't think he actually is able to do this since it's owned by WB. Posting it on his site embedded in a webplayer is fine, but once Prince starts asking for money, the problem would arise.

On that note...it would be nice for Prince and WB to strike a deal to make his B-sides available for digital downloads via iTunes. It's sad that songs like Erotic City and Irresistible Bitch would probably be edited or excluded.

On that note, isn't it interesting that Prince included snippets of both Erotic City and Irresistible Bitch in his sample medley in the UK?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 11/25/07 11:16am

prime

avatar

It's still better then nothing...
Prime aka The Kid

"I need u to dance, I need u to strip
I need u to shake Ur lil' ass n hips
I need u to grind like Ur working for tips
And give me what I need while we listen to PRINCE"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 11/25/07 11:24am

Jeffiner

ludwig said:

Sly said:

Some of you just want a reason to be annoyed.

He edited out a swear word - so what?! Would you rather he didn't make it available?

It's officially available for nineteen years, unedited and uncensored. It's just rehash, nothing new. And I prefer the uncensored and complete version I have on 12" vinyl and on cd single.


That's good for you, but lots of people don't have it, so that's great for us! biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 11/25/07 11:55am

NDRU

avatar

Jeffiner said:

ludwig said:


It's officially available for nineteen years, unedited and uncensored. It's just rehash, nothing new. And I prefer the uncensored and complete version I have on 12" vinyl and on cd single.


That's good for you, but lots of people don't have it, so that's great for us! biggrin


Exactly, and it didn't cost anything, now did it? What do people expect, a free & brilliant brand new song every week?

This takes me back. I have the 12" but no record player at the moment smile so I haven't heard it for years.

It was such a great time to be a fan. There's no "song" exactly, but these li'l jams are still overflowing with creativity.
[Edited 11/25/07 11:56am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 11/25/07 12:00pm

Aside

avatar

My favorite 12" smile at least for the A-side.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 11/25/07 12:14pm

PDogz

avatar

I think it's great that nearly every week he's putting music out there FOR FREE. I don't care if it's new or old, I've never heard it before; so it's new to me! Everybody screamin' for what's in The Vault, then when he puts something out there, people complaining that it's old. I don't expect there's NEW music in The Vault, or it wouldn't be THE VAULT. Again, if I never heard it - it's new to me! And "Eye Wish U Heaven (Parts 2 & 3)" sounds pretty damn good to me.

Sly said:

Some of you just want a reason to be annoyed. Would you rather he didn't make it available?

rolleyes
"There's Nothing That The Proper Attitude Won't Render Funkable!"

star
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 11/25/07 12:26pm

bribri

[no no no! asking snip - luv4u]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 11/25/07 12:40pm

SexyBeautifulO
ne

"Don't Donald Duck with me"...whofarted

Sly said:
Some of you just want a reason to be annoyed. Would you rather he didn't make it available?


In a word...YES!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 11/25/07 1:03pm

Aside

avatar

PDogz said:

I think it's great that nearly every week he's putting music out there FOR FREE. I don't care if it's new or old, I've never heard it before; so it's new to me! Everybody screamin' for what's in The Vault, then when he puts something out there, people complaining that it's old. I don't expect there's NEW music in The Vault, or it wouldn't be THE VAULT. Again, if I never heard it - it's new to me! And "Eye Wish U Heaven (Parts 2 & 3)" sounds pretty damn good to me.



I think the point is that is ISN'T from the vault if it's already been released. You can track down the 12" of I Wish U Heaven fairly easily if you try. Or find it online, as with Splash.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 11/25/07 1:08pm

Namid

Namid said:

The difference between ONE and TWO & THREE....
is SOMEONE sounds a little angry! sad


and that makes me Xtremely sad!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 11/25/07 1:17pm

PDogz

avatar

Aside said:

I think the point is that is ISN'T from the vault if it's already been released.

Oh, I see. So this exact version was previously available?
"There's Nothing That The Proper Attitude Won't Render Funkable!"

star
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 11/25/07 1:22pm

Aside

avatar

PDogz said:

Aside said:

I think the point is that is ISN'T from the vault if it's already been released.

Oh, I see. So this exact version was previously available?



yes, but unadulterated. it wasn't censored, and it actually had the remixed portion of "I Wish U Heaven" on it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 11/25/07 1:39pm

DMart319

andrubuntu said:

Milty said:

[No asking snip - luv4u]




[no no no! snip - luv4u]
And how much should we charge 4 that?
If u would prefer it we could just not do this at all.
NPGMC, money well spent!
Common sense WILL get moderated with extreme prejudice!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 11/25/07 2:00pm

wildgoldenhone
y

Huh? Another thread! Cool nonetheless.
[Edited 11/25/07 14:01pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 11/25/07 2:02pm

alwayslate

Tainted.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 11/25/07 2:10pm

wildgoldenhone
y

alwayslate said:

Tainted.


What? Me?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 11/25/07 2:16pm

alwayslate

wildgoldenhoney said:

alwayslate said:

Tainted.


What? Me?


No, not you. The song.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 11/25/07 2:21pm

wildgoldenhone
y

alwayslate said:

wildgoldenhoney said:



What? Me?


No, not you. The song.


Oh! lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 11/25/07 2:29pm

PDogz

avatar

Aside said:

PDogz said:


Oh, I see. So this exact version was previously available?



yes, but unadulterated. it wasn't censored, and it actually had the remixed portion of "I Wish U Heaven" on it.

Interesting info indeed.
"There's Nothing That The Proper Attitude Won't Render Funkable!"

star
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 11/25/07 2:37pm

Flowerz

.
[Edited 11/25/07 14:38pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 11/25/07 3:02pm

williamb610

Prince HASN'T BEEN THIS FUNKY IN 20 YEARS!

That "F.U.N.K." shit is garbage compared to the "I Wish U Heaven" remix!!!!!

I have this upstairs, on vinyl, in the attic. Given what happened between Prince and his sister Lorna, I think Prince says "Sister's ugly that the truth...", which implies that he's talking about his own sister.

That shit is blazing!!!!!

Will he ever be this funky, again? Only Prince and God knows!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 3121 jam - I Wish U Heaven pts. 2&3