independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Your favorite Prince quote
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/18/07 4:51pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

Your favorite Prince quote

I'm not talking song lyrics here...

I'm talking from any live shows or interviews you might have seen. And movie quotes are fair game as well.
I've got quite a few myself.

"...and not be judged by the color of my skin, but the quality of my work."
"Paisley Park is an alternative. I'm not saying it's greater.. or better. It's just something else."
[1985 MTV interview]
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/18/07 5:37pm

wlcm2thdwn

"When I want to hear good music, I write it myself". smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/18/07 5:44pm

Illustrator

Oo wee sha sha coo coo yeah".
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/18/07 5:45pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

Illustrator said:

Oo wee sha sha coo coo yeah".


good, but I said no lyrics.no no no!

Lyrics have been done 2 death
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/18/07 5:51pm

Illustrator

DreamyPopRoyalty said:

Illustrator said:

Oo wee sha sha coo coo yeah".


good, but I said no lyrics.no no no!

Lyrics have been done 2 death

Yeah I know,
but by the time I got to the end of your post,
my ADD kicked in
& I just completely forgot the first lines of your pos... HEY! Lookee over there! A partially eaten head of cabbage! Boy I bet it's still good if I just peel off the outer layers!
woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/18/07 5:52pm

Bishop31

avatar

"..We have 2 go 2 ur place"

~Purple Rain (said 2 Apollonia in the alley after he per4med 'TBO')
[Edited 9/18/07 17:53pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/18/07 5:55pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

All right, let's pick our fav. movie quotes to get things started.

Then maybe some interview quotes will come later.

Actually, he didnt say the better PR quotes, they were said 2 him.

Although, I think his monkey-puppet counts, cuz its his voice.

"You don't need those girls or their stupid music. All u need is me. Man, I dunno disbelief Life's a bitch"
giggle
That part still makes me laugh
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/18/07 8:59pm

RainbowBridge

avatar

"Self-reflection is so important; sadly, in a society where "celebrity lite" is the order of the day and people seem to have attention spans of a flea, rarely looking beyond the surface or questioning anything at all, it's sorely missing. The world would be a better place if we would all think for ourselves and question what's around us."

Oh wait... My bad, that wasn't Prince.
Errr,

"The present moment holds infinite riches beyond your wildest dreams but you will only enjoy them to the extent of your faith and love. The more a soul loves, the more it longs, the more it hopes, the more it finds. The will of God is manifest in each moment, an immense ocean which only the heart fathoms insofar as it overflows with faith, trust and love"

Nope, not Prince either. Sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/18/07 9:19pm

JuliePurplehea
d

avatar

"That Wesley Snipes character? That would have been me. Now you run that video in your mind. The first line of that song is 'yo butt is mine'. Now I said "Who's going to sing that to who. Because you sho ain't singing it to me and I sho ain't singing it to you" so right there, you know, right there we got a problem."

This was Prince's response to a question Chris Rock asked about the rumor that he was supposed to star in Michael Jackson's "Bad" video. FUNNY!

In the same interview, Chris asked him if he could form a supergroup of all his former bandmates, who would he choose. Prince said that he's seen this question on the internet before. Granted this interview was done over 10 years ago, but it makes me believe Prince is definitely one of us. lurking
Shake it til ya make it dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/18/07 9:29pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

JuliePurplehead said:

"That Wesley Snipes character? That would have been me. Now you run that video in your mind. The first line of that song is 'yo butt is mine'. Now I said "Who's going to sing that to who. Because you sho ain't singing it to me and I sho ain't singing it to you" so right there, you know, right there we got a problem."

This was Prince's response to a question Chris Rock asked about the rumor that he was supposed to star in Michael Jackson's "Bad" video. FUNNY!

In the same interview, Chris asked him if he could form a supergroup of all his former bandmates, who would he choose. Prince said that he's seen this question on the internet before. Granted this interview was done over 10 years ago, but it makes me believe Prince is definitely one of us. lurking


All right, we got a bite! I remember that interview... but it's one of the few that's really around anymore. I've searched for the Oprah one, but it was taken off wherever I found it... I would have liked 2 see that again. I've seen this recently.

Another one is the Larry King interview.

"People expect me to say something against record contracts" was one of those quotes I remember.
With HQ down, it's hard to really remember anything from interviews I haven't seen recently.

Oh here's a funny one (or 2) from Ellen.

"I'm not used to people buying shorts for me."
[slightly distracted] "Sorry, I'm still thinking about those shorts. There are a pair of boxer shorts in my dressing room with 'Ellen' around the waistband."
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/18/07 10:02pm

ToraToraDreams

avatar

What about the part right before that where he admits to not wearing underwear? We cant forget that.
I love that interview because Ellen was a fan and only a real fan would know to say something like that. And i thought it was so funny when he abruptly changes the subject.

But my favorite part is when he says "When i want to hear new music, i make it" What a life, huh? I'd love to be able to make whatever i want to hear.
[Edited 9/18/07 22:05pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/18/07 11:18pm

KidaDynamite

avatar

ToraToraDreams said:

What about the part right before that where he admits to not wearing underwear? We cant forget that.
I love that interview because Ellen was a fan and only a real fan would know to say something like that. And i thought it was so funny when he abruptly changes the subject.

But my favorite part is when he says "When i want to hear new music, i make it" What a life, huh? I'd love to be able to make whatever i want to hear.
[Edited 9/18/07 22:05pm]

Your lying right? eek

Please tell me your lying!!!! beg
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/18/07 11:23pm

PurpleKnight

avatar

"Money won't buy you happiness, but it'll pay for the search"

I always liked that one.
The world is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel.

"You still wanna take me to prison...just because I won't trade humanity for patriotism."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/19/07 1:36am

wlcm2thdwn

What was this thread about anyhow? eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/19/07 1:46am

vainandy

avatar

Oprah: Does it bother you if people think you're weird or that you're gay?

Prince: Hey, (laughing like a mean ole bitch), whatever floats the boat.
Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/19/07 1:50am

Christopher

avatar

tricky-you did it to marys mom,you did it to marys mom,

prince:shut up! what you expect me to do go in a room full of lights on

falloff i love that scene
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/19/07 2:18am

LoDog

avatar

"Free The Slave!"
Peace and be wild!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/19/07 2:36am

Jochem

During the Trojan Horse after show 1988:

"Show of hands, how many of you are drunk?
All right!!!!
You mean you're gonna actually hear what we play tonight?
You're not gonna make up the notes in your mind?"
[Edited 9/19/07 2:37am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/19/07 3:13am

GiGi319

RainbowBridge said:

"Self-reflection is so important; sadly, in a society where "celebrity lite" is the order of the day and people seem to have attention spans of a flea, rarely looking beyond the surface or questioning anything at all, it's sorely missing. The world would be a better place if we would all think for ourselves and question what's around us."

Oh wait... My bad, that wasn't Prince.
Errr,

"The present moment holds infinite riches beyond your wildest dreams but you will only enjoy them to the extent of your faith and love. The more a soul loves, the more it longs, the more it hopes, the more it finds. The will of God is manifest in each moment, an immense ocean which only the heart fathoms insofar as it overflows with faith, trust and love"

Nope, not Prince either. Sorry.

I love those quotes, especially the second one! May I ask who you're quoting here?
love the one who is Love!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/19/07 3:36am

dag

avatar

PurpleKnight said:

"Money won't buy you happiness, but it'll pay for the search"

I always liked that one.

That´s a good one.
"When Michael Jackson is just singing and dancing, you just think this is an astonishing talent. And he has had this astounding talent all his life, but we want him to be floored as well. We really don´t like the idea that he could have it all."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/19/07 5:55am

Boriqua1130

avatar

Illustrator said:

DreamyPopRoyalty said:



good, but I said no lyrics.no no no!

Lyrics have been done 2 death

Yeah I know,
but by the time I got to the end of your post,
my ADD kicked in
& I just completely forgot the first lines of your pos... HEY! Lookee over there! A partially eaten head of cabbage! Boy I bet it's still good if I just peel off the outer layers!
woot!


lol
I'll ♥️ "LemonDrop" 2DN 💋 your "Sugar"
Prince: TY! 🌹 🎶🎸🎶 💜 Rex @3/27/18 2D Media Let Prince R.I.P.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/19/07 6:26am

JuliePurplehea
d

avatar

DreamyPopRoyalty said:

JuliePurplehead said:

"That Wesley Snipes character? That would have been me. Now you run that video in your mind. The first line of that song is 'yo butt is mine'. Now I said "Who's going to sing that to who. Because you sho ain't singing it to me and I sho ain't singing it to you" so right there, you know, right there we got a problem."

This was Prince's response to a question Chris Rock asked about the rumor that he was supposed to star in Michael Jackson's "Bad" video. FUNNY!

In the same interview, Chris asked him if he could form a supergroup of all his former bandmates, who would he choose. Prince said that he's seen this question on the internet before. Granted this interview was done over 10 years ago, but it makes me believe Prince is definitely one of us. lurking


All right, we got a bite! I remember that interview... but it's one of the few that's really around anymore. I've searched for the Oprah one, but it was taken off wherever I found it... I would have liked 2 see that again. I've seen this recently.

Another one is the Larry King interview.

"People expect me to say something against record contracts" was one of those quotes I remember.
With HQ down, it's hard to really remember anything from interviews I haven't seen recently.

Oh here's a funny one (or 2) from Ellen.

"I'm not used to people buying shorts for me."
[slightly distracted] "Sorry, I'm still thinking about those shorts. There are a pair of boxer shorts in my dressing room with 'Ellen' around the waistband."



I've never seen the Ellen interview. I've looked for it but to no avail. Sounds cute though.
Shake it til ya make it dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/19/07 6:28am

JuliePurplehea
d

avatar

PurpleKnight said:

"Money won't buy you happiness, but it'll pay for the search"

I always liked that one.



And man, ain't it the truth? I like that quote too.
Shake it til ya make it dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/19/07 7:02am

ToraToraDreams

avatar

KidaDynamite said:

ToraToraDreams said:

What about the part right before that where he admits to not wearing underwear? We cant forget that.
I love that interview because Ellen was a fan and only a real fan would know to say something like that. And i thought it was so funny when he abruptly changes the subject.

But my favorite part is when he says "When i want to hear new music, i make it" What a life, huh? I'd love to be able to make whatever i want to hear.
[Edited 9/18/07 22:05pm]

Your lying right? eek

Please tell me your lying!!!! beg

I ain't. She was talking about how well dressed he was and them asks if he ever wears a pair of shorts. So he says, "Not really, but i think I might have to start, i found a little present in my dressing room" to which she responds, "Are you going to wear the underwear?" And he just shakes his head no. And she still pushes it, he keeps saying no, and then he changes the subject.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/19/07 7:31am

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

ToraToraDreams said:

KidaDynamite said:


Your lying right? eek

Please tell me your lying!!!! beg

I ain't. She was talking about how well dressed he was and them asks if he ever wears a pair of shorts. So he says, "Not really, but i think I might have to start, i found a little present in my dressing room" to which she responds, "Are you going to wear the underwear?" And he just shakes his head no. And she still pushes it, he keeps saying no, and then he changes the subject.


I never heard him once confess that he doesn't wear any at all...
unless I hear him say it, I won't believe it.

But then again, if [forbid] it's true, that's not typically the kind of thing one confesses. Even if you asked him, he'd probably just laugh you off or give you one of his weirdo stares that says "you're kidding right?"
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/19/07 7:36am

syrinx7

Giant Magazine: Do you feel gifted?

Prince: Yes. And I'm not going to waste my blessings. God has over-blessed me, but you have to appreciate what you have, and to do that, you have to break down a lot of walls, meaning that you're not afraid anymore.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/19/07 7:54am

RodeoSchro

Jochem said:

During the Trojan Horse after show 1988:

"Show of hands, how many of you are drunk?
All right!!!!
You mean you're gonna actually hear what we play tonight?
You're not gonna make up the notes in your mind?"
[Edited 9/19/07 2:37am]


Yeah, that was a good one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/19/07 4:38pm

KidaDynamite

avatar

ToraToraDreams said:

KidaDynamite said:


Your lying right? eek

Please tell me your lying!!!! beg

I ain't. She was talking about how well dressed he was and them asks if he ever wears a pair of shorts. So he says, "Not really, but i think I might have to start, i found a little present in my dressing room" to which she responds, "Are you going to wear the underwear?" And he just shakes his head no. And she still pushes it, he keeps saying no, and then he changes the subject.


Okay! I heard that part when she asked him about the shorts and he said "No". But I thought they were talking about regular shorts, like the kind you wear on the outside of your draws! lol He probably got caught off guard with the question and said no, because I don't think Prince would just come out on a television show and tell people he don't wear any underwear. Even though u can see it all in the pictures! eek
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/19/07 5:01pm

ToraToraDreams

avatar

Yeah, that was a weird moment, she was talking about shorts and he starts talking about a whole 'nother thing and blah- I think he was off guard or something. Oh, well, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell what the answer is. Oh Christ, i cant believe i am talking about this... lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/19/07 5:18pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

ToraToraDreams said:

Yeah, that was a weird moment, she was talking about shorts and he starts talking about a whole 'nother thing and blah- I think he was off guard or something. Oh, well, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell what the answer is. Oh Christ, i cant believe i am talking about this... lol


confused
Am I lame in saying

"WHO CARES?"

I mean, c'mon... this whole debate makes me falloff all the time.
We don't know whether or not its true.
That's not really what I care about... the music's the most important thing here. [of course, his near-nude scenes throw me for a loop... more like they make me almost fall over]. I like the fire in his eyes and that's where I always look.

But I guess that's what I get for coming here where EVERYTHING about him is fair game falloff

But we're getting off topic.
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Your favorite Prince quote