independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 16th Jul 2019 5:06am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Manuela Files For Divorce - Part III *POST HERE ONLY*
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 12 <123456789>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 07/30/06 8:57pm

maniraptess

Giselle said:



sure is
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 07/30/06 8:59pm

maniraptess

mschirmer said:

I can't see Prince being a good man when it comes to taking care of a woman. He seems seriously retarded when it comes to his ego. I've heard that he treats women like objects or trophys instead of human. So, naturally it's not going to take long for the better half to get sick and tired of the bullshit. He's Prince, not God and clearly the fact that he isn't in control shines brightly with Manuela's filing. You go girl!



you must be kidding. he does not treat them anything less than human, he treats them well if he didn't she would never have loved him for him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 07/30/06 9:00pm

maniraptess

1FRO said:

Not to be mean or offend, but anyone who even considers becoming involved with someone of status like Prince should weigh the cost. Manuela was a fan. I'm sure she heard all about his womanizing (true or not). She even had first hand knowledge of his dealings with women especially if she was seeing him while he was still married to Mayte. With a track record of "womanizing" how could any woman think she has the power to change that?



what kind of a fan was she?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 07/30/06 9:06pm

silverandgold

jone70 said:

silverandgold said:

But you know what jone70,no matter what happens, if a concert happens whether it's a tour or small venue, me and my other friends that are Prince fans will be there to show support, you can bet on that. If Tamar is part of the performance, we will be there to show support for her too. I see no reason why she should be a victim in all this, no matter what rumors end up being true. After all it's all about the music anyway, not their personal life and what they do with it.


Yes, I'll be there too--but if it comes out that Tamar & him were hitting it I will lose respect for both of them and it will be especially difficult for me to support Tamar. Before anyone jumps down my throat about how Prince has always been a philander or that it takes two to tango, allow me to explain:

I know Prince's philanderer history and how many it takes to tango, but the bottom line is that I have absolutely no respect for anyone that fools around with someone they KNOW is married. Even IF Prince stepped to her first, she should have enough decency and respect to not become "the other woman" and decline his advances. (Same goes for guys who get involved with married women.)

I am just stating how I would feel about the whole thing IF that was in fact the case.

At this point, I'm giving Prince & Tamar the benefit of the doubt and trying not to jump to conclusions.


You know, there is no way I am going to lose respect for either of them. First of all no one knows the facts, it's all rumors. Once the divorce is finalized if Prince and Tamar do end up together, that's their business. We're fans because of the music, or so I thought. Just because we're fans doesn't buy us a ticket to an artist's personal life. Who are we to judge and select? We don't know what caused the circumstances for the divorce, that's between Prince and Mani. If they wanted us to know, they would have put cameras in their home so we could all have a sneak peek into their bedroom for that matter. Regardless of our own personal beliefs, reasons for their divorce is between them. Who Prince is seeing after that is his business.

When a couple is going through a divorce especially celebrities/artists/musicians, etc. the rumors can become outrageous. It's almost like the media can say anything and the public believes it, because most of the public loves focusing on the negative and the media knows it.

I think it's ridiculous that some fans are talking about "losing respect" because of these rumors. If you're a Prince fan, and if you became a fan because of the music then let it be just that. He never gave us an invitation into his personal life as he was never one to broadcast and talk about it. It's just nosy fans who are obsessed with trying to find out every little thing about him they can get their hands on.

Now as far as how the women he dates/marries looks, that's not our decision to make and it's not up to us to choose the women for him to fall in love with. Besides I don't think he cares what people say about who he ends up with because he doesn't have to prove that part of his life to me, you or anyone else and he knows it.

So people could make as many insults as they want regarding who he is seen with or falls in love with, as it's his life and not ours. Going through a divorce is hard enough and just because it's Prince doesn't mean he's not human like the rest of us.

It's about his music, he never gave us a key to his personal life just because we're fans .
[Edited 7/30/06 21:10pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 07/30/06 9:15pm

kxm911

avatar

SheGaveherAngels said:

i read about it also so u DOnt think it was Mayet they say if Your Overies are not Working or u dont have any cant have a child or just doesnt come out right . she was with Tommy and was pergo then i think she lost the Baby then also not sure but that what i heard i think she seems like theres no Pergo Belly in these pictures. and it dont amtter if ur Healthy u have to have working Overies *Sigh* yes i have a Mag. with prince in Mayet in it Talked of this with the baby in thing was veyr sad



Mayte was NEVER pregnant by Tommy. rolleyes Tommy had a vasectomy after the birth of his second son. Who starts bullshit rumors like this??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 07/30/06 9:32pm

silverandgold

kxm911 said:

SheGaveherAngels said:

i read about it also so u DOnt think it was Mayet they say if Your Overies are not Working or u dont have any cant have a child or just doesnt come out right . she was with Tommy and was pergo then i think she lost the Baby then also not sure but that what i heard i think she seems like theres no Pergo Belly in these pictures. and it dont amtter if ur Healthy u have to have working Overies *Sigh* yes i have a Mag. with prince in Mayet in it Talked of this with the baby in thing was veyr sad



Mayte was NEVER pregnant by Tommy. rolleyes Tommy had a vasectomy after the birth of his second son. Who starts bullshit rumors like this??



I know, talk about how rumors fly. lol
[Edited 7/30/06 21:48pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 07/30/06 10:41pm

LeGrindLady

BananaCologne said:

SexyBeautifulOne said:



eek
I do! Why do I suddenly feel old(er)? Thanks alot Calhoun! pout


lol pat


Do we all have to have early stages of dementia if we remember Ashford and Simpson? sad

Prince should heed advice with their song "solid"

Now who remembers that! tease
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 07/30/06 10:45pm

LeGrindLady

PurpleCharm said:

Anx said:

it just seems in general that the life and image that prince has been building since the late '90s is slowly dismantling, or else transitioning into some new life/career phase. his marriage, his "virtual" relationship with his fans, his religious zeal - all these things that he seemed to want his audience to think were so permanent, they all seem to be dismantling. i think we've seen the dismantling process over the past couple of years, but for the most part, the transition is "official" now with the closing of the club and the divorce.

the vibe i'm getting is that whatever he was building over the last decade or so has come to a point where it isn't working for him anymore, but at the same time, it seems like he doesn't know what to replace it with. he seems to be swimming around in the murk, coasting by on his celebrity and his legend, feeding the fans some crumbs here and there with a club show or an awards show afterparty. maybe he's just letting himself have fun with his celebrity for a while, no crime against that.

his religious commitment seems really murky right now...as always, he seems to be testing the boundaries of what's acceptable without actually diving into the potty-mouthed past...playing a few bars of "erotic city" here, traipsing around with beautiful young women there...it must be difficult to feel accepted by a religious community as someone more than just a celebrity, but at some point feel yourself straying from their expectations...i could see how things could get nebulous after a while.

anyway. i hope he figures out what his whole deal is about eventually, even if it means taking some time off to clear his head. we have enough music to tide
us over for a while, and we'll always be ready for what's next. i hope he takes the introspective route with his music again like he did in the early part of this decade. i may not count those albums as among my favorites, but i do think work like "n.e.w.s", "one nite alone" and "the rainbow children" has been some of his most honest work of his career, and i'd love to see that part of him evolve.

whatever it takes to get the ya-ya's out of his system, i hope he does it full-on. he seems the most alive when he's immersed in a kajillion different projects and when he's in some way plugged-in with his fans and his peers, whether its on tour or at a celebration at paisley or even online. i hope he gets back to that place.


clapping


He's going thru a midlife crisis, thats all idea2
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 07/30/06 10:45pm

Obsidian

neutral Has anyone yet considered that it wasn't P that cheated...that maybe, just maybe it was Mani! She could just as easily have been doing the cheating especially with P spending all his time away focusing on his music. Maybe an involvement with another man made her want to end the marriage. Ya never know... eek

Whichever the case I feel for them both....and now poor Tamar! I hope it all settles without too much pain. I'm a lover of the music...wheather he's married or single it doesn't matter to me just as long as Prince keeps doing what he does best..... wink
He gets it! That's why the ladies love him...batting eyes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 07/30/06 11:15pm

Kissmequick

avatar

Duggs said:

TrippinondaFunk said:

So, have y'all listened to Tamar's "Sunday in the Park"?
The song seems to be about being in love and in a clandestine relationship with someone...it starts out:

"I didn't want to meet you here
This feels so wrong
We shouldn't have to live in fear
My dear
I shouldn't have to feel the need to sing this song.
I didn't want to take that chance,
But I can't decide
And if this is a real romance
At last
Why do we still feel the need to run and hide?"

blah blah blah

"I didn't want to cause her pain,
She must feel
So bad
And yet still I'm not ashamed
The game of love cannot be won
With something she never had" (whatever THAT means)

And then some crap about taking the fruit of her tree and it being better they not deceive and Sunday in the park and something about Anbesol member one too many
lol

Sounds kind of incriminating....
but that could just be me.



Sunday in the (paisely)Park eh wink . I hope Tamar is ready this whole ordeal is going to make or break her.



hmmm.... but you see if he wrote the song, then it's about something else isn't it?
pray God bless everyone. NO exceptions. pray
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 07/30/06 11:28pm

july

Prince is gettin a divorice. I ain't gettin no divorice. I been married for over 5 years. In real life. I got married to Ocean, last night. I'm gonna stay married. Prince why oh why must these woman take you for a ride. Must be the way you dance to the side. Maybe it's the way you hide while they go outside. I don't know.
Maybe love for them just died. Love ya Bro! heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 07/31/06 12:24am

sacredwarrior

LeGrindLady said:[quote]

TrippinondaFunk said:

So, have y'all listened to Tamar's "Sunday in the Park"?
The song seems to be about being in love and in a clandestine relationship with someone...it starts out:

"I didn't want to meet you here
This feels so wrong
We shouldn't have to live in fear
My dear
I shouldn't have to feel the need to sing this song.
I didn't want to take that chance,
But I can't decide
And if this is a real romance
At last
Why do we still feel the need to run and hide?"

blah blah blah

"I didn't want to cause her pain,
She must feel
So bad
And yet still I'm not ashamed
The game of love cannot be won
With something she never had
" (whatever THAT means)



wow. i didnt know love was a game. or something u win.
thank u for enlightening me young Tamar.

God Bless heart
" the embassy shut to keep the fools out " - as above, so below.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 07/31/06 3:08am

Mr7

Unless any of us knows the couple privately and intimately, anything we write is pure conjecture.

Even if we did know Prince and Mani on a personal level, it would be very difficult to be aware of everything that went on behind closed doors.

Divorces are always a sad matter and, often a time of great trauma.


Peace
Mr7
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 07/31/06 5:28am

Anx

if anyone can prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that a romantic/sexual relationship with tamar was the reason for the divorce, i will film myself eating ten uncooked pieces of long spaghetti and/or a dill pickle (i LOATHE pickles), and post the footage on www.cryingwhileeating.com nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 07/31/06 5:29am

maniraptess

he doesn't look too happy here.


his ring was on when he did the Black Sweat music video
[Edited 7/31/06 5:36am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 07/31/06 5:53am

sacredwarrior

maniraptess said:

he doesn't look too happy here.


his ring was on when he did the Black Sweat music video
[Edited 7/31/06 5:36am]


lol r u trying to make me slap the screen lol
" the embassy shut to keep the fools out " - as above, so below.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 07/31/06 6:13am

JediMaster

avatar

All of this conjecture, and the REAL question is just not being addressed: what member of Motley Crue will she start dating now?

So far, we've had:

Vanity & Nikki Sixx

Carmen & Tommy Lee

Mayte & Tommy Lee

Personally, I think it's high time Mick Mars got some Princely sloppy seconds!
jedi

Do not hurry yourself in your spirit to become offended, for the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones. (Ecclesiastes 7:9)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 07/31/06 6:21am

PurpleCharm

Anx said:

if anyone can prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that a romantic/sexual relationship with tamar was the reason for the divorce, i will film myself eating ten uncooked pieces of long spaghetti and/or a dill pickle (i LOATHE pickles), and post the footage on www.cryingwhileeating.com nod


confused
[Edited 7/31/06 6:21am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 07/31/06 6:25am

Anx

PurpleCharm said:

Anx said:

if anyone can prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that a romantic/sexual relationship with tamar was the reason for the divorce, i will film myself eating ten uncooked pieces of long spaghetti and/or a dill pickle (i LOATHE pickles), and post the footage on www.cryingwhileeating.com nod


confused
[Edited 7/31/06 6:21am]


and i will do all this whilst wearing moonwraps on both ears, if anyone would be so gracious as to loan them to me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 07/31/06 6:28am

silverandgold

sacredwarrior said:[quote]

LeGrindLady said:

TrippinondaFunk said:

So, have y'all listened to Tamar's "Sunday in the Park"?
The song seems to be about being in love and in a clandestine relationship with someone...it starts out:

"I didn't want to meet you here
This feels so wrong
We shouldn't have to live in fear
My dear
I shouldn't have to feel the need to sing this song.
I didn't want to take that chance,
But I can't decide
And if this is a real romance
At last
Why do we still feel the need to run and hide?"

blah blah blah

"I didn't want to cause her pain,
She must feel
So bad
And yet still I'm not ashamed
The game of love cannot be won
With something she never had
" (whatever THAT means)



wow. i didnt know love was a game. or something u win.
thank u for enlightening me young Tamar.

God Bless heart


Sacred, you don't know what happened behind closed doors of a couple's marriage unless you were in the bed with them as well.

You're assuming without facts. The point is the divorce is between Prince and Mani, not you and Prince. Whomever he chooses to be romantically involved with is his busines whether you or I like it or not.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 07/31/06 7:53am

Heiress

Anx said:

if anyone can prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that a romantic/sexual relationship with tamar was the reason for the divorce, i will film myself eating ten uncooked pieces of long spaghetti and/or a dill pickle (i LOATHE pickles), and post the footage on www.cryingwhileeating.com nod


I shall remember this! lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 07/31/06 7:58am

JediMaster

avatar

Anx said:

PurpleCharm said:



confused
[Edited 7/31/06 6:21am]


and i will do all this whilst wearing moonwraps on both ears, if anyone would be so gracious as to loan them to me.


You must also listen to "Home Sweet Home" while doing this. In honor of Mani's next boyfriend.
jedi

Do not hurry yourself in your spirit to become offended, for the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones. (Ecclesiastes 7:9)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 07/31/06 8:01am

OdysseyMiles

Anx said:

if anyone can prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that a romantic/sexual relationship with tamar was the reason for the divorce, i will film myself eating ten uncooked pieces of long spaghetti and/or a dill pickle (i LOATHE pickles), and post the footage on [/b]www.cryingwhileeating.com[/b] nod


Can't believe this is a real site. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 07/31/06 8:02am

Anx

OdysseyMiles said:

Anx said:

if anyone can prove to me without a shadow of a doubt that a romantic/sexual relationship with tamar was the reason for the divorce, i will film myself eating ten uncooked pieces of long spaghetti and/or a dill pickle (i LOATHE pickles), and post the footage on [/b]www.cryingwhileeating.com[/b] nod


Can't believe this is a real site. lol


it needs to win a webby.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 07/31/06 8:07am

tonderlearia

silverandgold said:

jone70 said:



Yes, I'll be there too--but if it comes out that Tamar & him were hitting it I will lose respect for both of them and it will be especially difficult for me to support Tamar. Before anyone jumps down my throat about how Prince has always been a philander or that it takes two to tango, allow me to explain:

I know Prince's philanderer history and how many it takes to tango, but the bottom line is that I have absolutely no respect for anyone that fools around with someone they KNOW is married. Even IF Prince stepped to her first, she should have enough decency and respect to not become "the other woman" and decline his advances. (Same goes for guys who get involved with married women.)

I am just stating how I would feel about the whole thing IF that was in fact the case.

At this point, I'm giving Prince & Tamar the benefit of the doubt and trying not to jump to conclusions.


You know, there is no way I am going to lose respect for either of them. First of all no one knows the facts, it's all rumors. Once the divorce is finalized if Prince and Tamar do end up together, that's their business. We're fans because of the music, or so I thought. Just because we're fans doesn't buy us a ticket to an artist's personal life. Who are we to judge and select? We don't know what caused the circumstances for the divorce, that's between Prince and Mani. If they wanted us to know, they would have put cameras in their home so we could all have a sneak peek into their bedroom for that matter. Regardless of our own personal beliefs, reasons for their divorce is between them. Who Prince is seeing after that is his business.

When a couple is going through a divorce especially celebrities/artists/musicians, etc. the rumors can become outrageous. It's almost like the media can say anything and the public believes it, because most of the public loves focusing on the negative and the media knows it.

I think it's ridiculous that some fans are talking about "losing respect" because of these rumors. If you're a Prince fan, and if you became a fan because of the music then let it be just that. He never gave us an invitation into his personal life as he was never one to broadcast and talk about it. It's just nosy fans who are obsessed with trying to find out every little thing about him they can get their hands on.

Now as far as how the women he dates/marries looks, that's not our decision to make and it's not up to us to choose the women for him to fall in love with. Besides I don't think he cares what people say about who he ends up with because he doesn't have to prove that part of his life to me, you or anyone else and he knows it.

So people could make as many insults as they want regarding who he is seen with or falls in love with, as it's his life and not ours. Going through a divorce is hard enough and just because it's Prince doesn't mean he's not human like the rest of us.

It's about his music, he never gave us a key to his personal life just because we're fans .
[Edited 7/30/06 21:10pm]


VERY WELL SAID!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 07/31/06 9:23am

silverandgold

tonderlearia said:

silverandgold said:



You know, there is no way I am going to lose respect for either of them. First of all no one knows the facts, it's all rumors. Once the divorce is finalized if Prince and Tamar do end up together, that's their business. We're fans because of the music, or so I thought. Just because we're fans doesn't buy us a ticket to an artist's personal life. Who are we to judge and select? We don't know what caused the circumstances for the divorce, that's between Prince and Mani. If they wanted us to know, they would have put cameras in their home so we could all have a sneak peek into their bedroom for that matter. Regardless of our own personal beliefs, reasons for their divorce is between them. Who Prince is seeing after that is his business.

When a couple is going through a divorce especially celebrities/artists/musicians, etc. the rumors can become outrageous. It's almost like the media can say anything and the public believes it, because most of the public loves focusing on the negative and the media knows it.

I think it's ridiculous that some fans are talking about "losing respect" because of these rumors. If you're a Prince fan, and if you became a fan because of the music then let it be just that. He never gave us an invitation into his personal life as he was never one to broadcast and talk about it. It's just nosy fans who are obsessed with trying to find out every little thing about him they can get their hands on.

Now as far as how the women he dates/marries looks, that's not our decision to make and it's not up to us to choose the women for him to fall in love with. Besides I don't think he cares what people say about who he ends up with because he doesn't have to prove that part of his life to me, you or anyone else and he knows it.

So people could make as many insults as they want regarding who he is seen with or falls in love with, as it's his life and not ours. Going through a divorce is hard enough and just because it's Prince doesn't mean he's not human like the rest of us.

It's about his music, he never gave us a key to his personal life just because we're fans .
[Edited 7/30/06 21:10pm]


VERY WELL SAID!!


Thanks! biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 07/31/06 9:43am

Shorty

avatar

I don't think it's Tamar....I could be completely wrong but...I doubt it. lol
and think for a second if he and Tamar have NOTHING going on! If I were Tamar I'd be pretty pissed off being accused of that. She should make a statement.
"not a fan" falloff yeah...ok
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 07/31/06 9:52am

Watchman

avatar

There is no fear in love,
but perfect love casteth out fear.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 07/31/06 10:40am

Shyra

I do not profess to know why the marriage failed or who was "at fault." Maybe it just ran its course and Mani took a stand and said, "enough." Maybe it had nothing to do with infidelity or "infatuation," but something happend and now this is failed marriage #2. Prince, baby, stay single! Why bog yourself down with another constricting "contract." Does a marriage license really mean anything when it can be broken or annulled? Why go through it in the first place? Plus, it's very expensive to get out of! It's the very reason I never married. After a certain point in my life, I knew children were out of the question, and for me, that was the only reason to marry. Find yourself someone mature enough who doesn't want a damn thing from you; someone you respect who is confortable with herself and doesn't need you to make herself feel complete; someone who knows how to move on with dignity and grace if things don't work out...

And if you're ever in Maryland... razz
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 07/31/06 10:56am

ZAUBERFLOTE

avatar

United Communities Against Poverty is the name of the charity...


started with princes money....

U SAP
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 12 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Manuela Files For Divorce - Part III *POST HERE ONLY*