independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Mayte's StageIt Last Night
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/22/20 5:58am

TheTruth123

Mayte's StageIt Last Night

I got a deeper understanding of who Prince was after this. He was totally professional, thoughtful and mature about his music and everything he did around it. I knew this before but got a clearer sense of it due to hearing Mayte talk about him during the Q&A she had after her book reading.

Mayte is very authentic and answered questions without hesitation. When someone asked, "Did Prince like his fans?" She said immediately, "Of course!" She went on to say that she never heard him call us "fans" and that he really did consider us a family. I got the feeling he really cared about us a lot.

When asked how she thinks Prince would've brought up their children, she said she thought he'd have them involved in the music in some way if they wanted to be, and that it's possible he would've built a school for them and invited other kids to it. She said he talked about building a school, so that might've been the solution to his own children being educated rather than try to put them in the school system with Prince’s fame and all (although she didn't call it that).

She said he struggled a lot with his feelings, thoughts and ego around their relationship and when they could've seen each other later on at the concert on her birthday, she thinks that's what stopped them from connecting. She said she saw this with his father too, and his parents, that there was a lot of love there but ego got in the way.

She said his mother Mattie had beautiful green eyes and used to sing harmony in the car and that's where P got that from.

She was asked during downtime what did they like to do? She laughed and finally said, "I can't share it!" lol Then she said he loved her soup that she made with fresh garden ingredients. She continued to laugh though all the way through that. lol

She had a letter from a dancer he worked closely with in the late 2000s (who sent Mayte the letter after Mayte's book came out) which said that she (Mayte) was Prince's everything.

I hope I didn't give away too much... but want to share that it was a really good StageIt. Her tickets sold well, and it was fun being able to ask her questions ahead of time. I believe she said she's having one more book reading on StageIt as she can't do them in person during Covid-19, and being mostly in the house, why not. She was also refreshingly selfless when describing her work and why she does it.

Edited to try to make paragraphs!

[Edited 6/22/20 11:59am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/22/20 6:53am

bsprout

Thank you for sharing this. I met her in 2017 and she was genuinely nice. I wish her the best.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/22/20 7:07am

TheTruth123

bsprout said:

Thank you for sharing this. I met her in 2017 and she was genuinely nice. I wish her the best.


You’re welcome.
I want to add that she also said, make sure you tell people you love them.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/22/20 12:00pm

TheTruth123

I have been thinking about Prince all day today after watching this last night.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/22/20 4:13pm

bsprout

hug heart

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/22/20 6:17pm

rednblue

So great to hear of all these thoughts she shared. Thank you, TheTruth123!

"She said his mother Mattie had beautiful green eyes and used to sing harmony in the car and that's where P got that from."

LOVE hearing about Mattie's car harmonizing. Was Mayte saying that Prince would harmonize with the music on the car stereo?

And "beautiful green eyes"...makes me think of Prince's title for the first section of his autobiography: "My Mother's Eyes." heart


"She said he talked about building a school, so that might've been the solution to his own children being educated rather than try to put them in the school system with Prince’s fame and all (although she didn't call it that)." This is so interesting, and it reminds me of something.

Hannah and Josh recently spoke of how happy and excited Prince was for the birth of their daughter. One of his questions for them: "Should we build her a school?"

In 2016, Hannah shared a photo of three-month-old Azaria cuddled in school gear...in that case, University of Kentucky gear.

https://twitter.com/Hanna...8959386624


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/22/20 7:18pm

TheTruth123

rednblue said:

So great to hear of all these thoughts she shared. Thank you, TheTruth123!

"She said his mother Mattie had beautiful green eyes and used to sing harmony in the car and that's where P got that from."

LOVE hearing about Mattie's car harmonizing. Was Mayte saying that Prince would harmonize with the music on the car stereo?

And "beautiful green eyes"...makes me think of Prince's title for the first section of his autobiography: "My Mother's Eyes." heart


"She said he talked about building a school, so that might've been the solution to his own children being educated rather than try to put them in the school system with Prince’s fame and all (although she didn't call it that)." This is so interesting, and it reminds me of something.

Hannah and Josh recently spoke of how happy and excited Prince was for the birth of their daughter. One of his questions for them: "Should we build her a school?"

In 2016, Hannah shared a photo of three-month-old Azaria cuddled in school gear...in that case, University of Kentucky gear.

https://twitter.com/Hanna...8959386624


CucZofjUMAASHhd?format=jpg&name=900x900

You're welcome, Rednblue.

Mayte didn't say anything about P harmonizing in a car, just that "that's where he got that from". I was thinking Mayte meant P's ability to harmonize in general.


And yes about the children's school! I was going to add that I had just recently heard something that reminded me of that, but couldn't remember where! It was Josh's interview this past week. I will tell you that when Mayte said that and in the way she did, I immediately thought, "Yup, this totally jibes with something I recently heard." But it was the way she said it - so effortlessly - that made me feel that. It was clear to me that she knew him very well.

Azaria is so cute.

[Edited 6/22/20 19:20pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/05/20 5:01am

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

TheTruth123 said:

I got a deeper understanding of who Prince was after this. He was totally professional, thoughtful and mature about his music and everything he did around it. I knew this before but got a clearer sense of it due to hearing Mayte talk about him during the Q&A she had after her book reading.

Mayte is very authentic and answered questions without hesitation. When someone asked, "Did Prince like his fans?" She said immediately, "Of course!" She went on to say that she never heard him call us "fans" and that he really did consider us a family. I got the feeling he really cared about us a lot.

When asked how she thinks Prince would've brought up their children, she said she thought he'd have them involved in the music in some way if they wanted to be, and that it's possible he would've built a school for them and invited other kids to it. She said he talked about building a school, so that might've been the solution to his own children being educated rather than try to put them in the school system with Prince’s fame and all (although she didn't call it that).

She said he struggled a lot with his feelings, thoughts and ego around their relationship and when they could've seen each other later on at the concert on her birthday, she thinks that's what stopped them from connecting. She said she saw this with his father too, and his parents, that there was a lot of love there but ego got in the way.

She said his mother Mattie had beautiful green eyes and used to sing harmony in the car and that's where P got that from.

She was asked during downtime what did they like to do? She laughed and finally said, "I can't share it!" lol Then she said he loved her soup that she made with fresh garden ingredients. She continued to laugh though all the way through that. lol

She had a letter from a dancer he worked closely with in the late 2000s (who sent Mayte the letter after Mayte's book came out) which said that she (Mayte) was Prince's everything.

I hope I didn't give away too much... but want to share that it was a really good StageIt. Her tickets sold well, and it was fun being able to ask her questions ahead of time. I believe she said she's having one more book reading on StageIt as she can't do them in person during Covid-19, and being mostly in the house, why not. She was also refreshingly selfless when describing her work and why she does it.

Edited to try to make paragraphs!

[Edited 6/22/20 11:59am]

thanks 4 sharing this smile i was thinking of asking her if she recalls anything about recording the song 2020 in 1995. would that be a strange question 2 ask?

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/06/20 12:48pm

TheTruth123

PURplEMaPLeSyrup said:



TheTruth123 said:


I got a deeper understanding of who Prince was after this. He was totally professional, thoughtful and mature about his music and everything he did around it. I knew this before but got a clearer sense of it due to hearing Mayte talk about him during the Q&A she had after her book reading.



Mayte is very authentic and answered questions without hesitation. When someone asked, "Did Prince like his fans?" She said immediately, "Of course!" She went on to say that she never heard him call us "fans" and that he really did consider us a family. I got the feeling he really cared about us a lot.

When asked how she thinks Prince would've brought up their children, she said she thought he'd have them involved in the music in some way if they wanted to be, and that it's possible he would've built a school for them and invited other kids to it. She said he talked about building a school, so that might've been the solution to his own children being educated rather than try to put them in the school system with Prince’s fame and all (although she didn't call it that).

She said he struggled a lot with his feelings, thoughts and ego around their relationship and when they could've seen each other later on at the concert on her birthday, she thinks that's what stopped them from connecting. She said she saw this with his father too, and his parents, that there was a lot of love there but ego got in the way.

She said his mother Mattie had beautiful green eyes and used to sing harmony in the car and that's where P got that from.

She was asked during downtime what did they like to do? She laughed and finally said, "I can't share it!" lol Then she said he loved her soup that she made with fresh garden ingredients. She continued to laugh though all the way through that. lol

She had a letter from a dancer he worked closely with in the late 2000s (who sent Mayte the letter after Mayte's book came out) which said that she (Mayte) was Prince's everything.

I hope I didn't give away too much... but want to share that it was a really good StageIt. Her tickets sold well, and it was fun being able to ask her questions ahead of time. I believe she said she's having one more book reading on StageIt as she can't do them in person during Covid-19, and being mostly in the house, why not. She was also refreshingly selfless when describing her work and why she does it.

Edited to try to make paragraphs!




[Edited 6/22/20 11:59am]



thanks 4 sharing this smile i was thinking of asking her if she recalls anything about recording the song 2020 in 1995. would that be a strange question 2 ask?



Using the first stage it as a example, I think that is exactly the kind of question she would like to answer. I know she has one coming up for belly dancing, which actually sounds fun too. I don’t know when her next book reading is though. I think she announces these things on Facebook and Instagram.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/09/20 9:24am

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

TheTruth123 said:

PURplEMaPLeSyrup said:

thanks 4 sharing this smile i was thinking of asking her if she recalls anything about recording the song 2020 in 1995. would that be a strange question 2 ask?

Using the first stage it as a example, I think that is exactly the kind of question she would like to answer. I know she has one coming up for belly dancing, which actually sounds fun too. I don’t know when her next book reading is though. I think she announces these things on Facebook and Instagram.

Thank U TheTruth123! I will look 4 her next book reading smile

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/09/20 6:37pm

TheTruth123

PURplEMaPLeSyrup said:



TheTruth123 said:


PURplEMaPLeSyrup said:


thanks 4 sharing this smile i was thinking of asking her if she recalls anything about recording the song 2020 in 1995. would that be a strange question 2 ask?



Using the first stage it as a example, I think that is exactly the kind of question she would like to answer. I know she has one coming up for belly dancing, which actually sounds fun too. I don’t know when her next book reading is though. I think she announces these things on Facebook and Instagram.

Thank U TheTruth123! I will look 4 her next book reading smile



You’re welcome. Me too!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/25/20 8:28pm

TheTruth123

Just came across Mayte on Army Wives. Didn't know she was on an episode there. It was really good! And wow can she act. Just wanted to give this a mention!

I see what Prince meant by "that walk". wink

[Edited 7/30/20 7:06am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Mayte's StageIt Last Night