independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 15th Jun 2019 2:06pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Apollonia 2019- We Spent the Last Two Years of His Life Making Plans
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 06/11/19 9:12pm

violetcrush

SoulAlive said:

nelcp777 said:



SoulAlive said:




violetcrush said:


Prince was planning an Apollonia 6 movie before he died??? I just find that extremely hard to believe. The women are 60 now. So, was it going to be “Apollonia 6 at the Shady Acres concert hall?? Sorry, but come on!! Prince wouldn’t even do a reunion show with The Revolution, yet he was ready to make an Apollonia 6 movie??


nod smile



Maybe she misunderstood and Prince said he had an Apollonia 6 movie idea that was laying in the Vault on some notebook?




Or perhaps Prince was planning to finally finish the 1985 “mini movie” that Apollonia 6 worked on (featuring videos from their album)? To be included as a bonus DVD in a Apollonia 6 remaster? hmmm

Nah, I just don’t see that happening. That film is so dated now. Prince was always trying to find a new thing - sound, style, etc. Plus, I really think he knew he didn’t have much more time here.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 06/12/19 11:18am

malbena

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



malbena said:


I'm glad she mentioned she had severe depression. I could tell something was off. Now, I'm sorry to say but I don't believe a word she is saying. Prince had plans, many plans but I doubt there were with ...Appolonia. He had mentionned plans with 3rd eye, with Judith Hill, with Welton, and many young musicians he was fond of mentoring and they were evolving and took pleasure in seeing them grow.


Apples is the past and she has to move on before her depression turns to delusion if it hasn't already.



That said, I look forward to Prince's memoir in October. I think this one will sell fast and well. The only Truth is his. Nobody speaking on his behalf has any right to claim owning his Truth.







Malbena! Where have you been?


pimp pimp



:HUG: I will always be around smile
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 06/12/19 11:19am

malbena

violetcrush said:

purplemist7777 said:


Yep. I think the problem is she is not and never was a musician. She was a young actor hired to make a movie and after the movie was over Prince tried to make her into a musician with not much success. So amongst all the hundreds of musicians that worked with him through the years, she was only acting like one (couldn’t really dance either).

Yes, she was never a singer or performer. She was a model and trying to make it as an actress when she landed the role in PR. Lisa, Jill and Susannah all helped with adding vocals on the A6 record. Brenda was the only strong singer in that trio. I think Blue Limousine is the best song on the record and that was Brenda and Susannah.
*
That being said, she saved the PR film. They found her at the 11th hour, and I think she did well with her character and she gave a campy and fun vibe to contrast the more serious and dark family scenes with Prince. She also spent a lot of time with Prince from Sept ‘83 - ‘85, and they remained friends.
*
So, she is significant for that time period in the Prince camp.


Her rhythm is off in several occasions. She can't hear the music and marches on her own drums... literally.
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 06/12/19 8:05pm

funksterr

Is it sexism? Seems like the women get called liars a lot around here. I don't think y'all understand how Prince works. One on one he HAS to be the center of your universe basicaly. He craves YOUR attention. I think he did everything she says he did. It would be UNLIKE him otherwise. And yeah PR2 was in the offing (vets and upstarts alike). It's connected to the autobiography which started out as a plan for a movie. The idea was to give Prince a creative and financial channel while easing his health issues and hopefully getting him to seek some genuine medical care before it was too late. I posted about it at the time.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 06/12/19 8:43pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

funksterr said:

Is it sexism? Seems like the women get called liars a lot around here. I don't think y'all understand how Prince works. One on one he HAS to be the center of your universe basicaly. He craves YOUR attention. I think he did everything she says he did. It would be UNLIKE him otherwise. And yeah PR2 was in the offing (vets and upstarts alike). It's connected to the autobiography which started out as a plan for a movie. The idea was to give Prince a creative and financial channel while easing his health issues and hopefully getting him to seek some genuine medical care before it was too late. I posted about it at the time.



Post it again.

I may have missed it.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 06/13/19 3:31pm

violetcrush

malbena said:

violetcrush said:


Yes, she was never a singer or performer. She was a model and trying to make it as an actress when she landed the role in PR. Lisa, Jill and Susannah all helped with adding vocals on the A6 record. Brenda was the only strong singer in that trio. I think Blue Limousine is the best song on the record and that was Brenda and Susannah.
*
That being said, she saved the PR film. They found her at the 11th hour, and I think she did well with her character and she gave a campy and fun vibe to contrast the more serious and dark family scenes with Prince. She also spent a lot of time with Prince from Sept ‘83 - ‘85, and they remained friends.
*
So, she is significant for that time period in the Prince camp.


Her rhythm is off in several occasions. She can't hear the music and marches on her own drums... literally.

Yes, that is what I essentially posted - she was never a singer or dancer - she was a model trying to make it as an actress. She was pushed into the “singer/performer” role by Prince, and the storyline of PR. Vanity wasn’t a singer either, but she had more rhythm - she could find the beat smile
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 06/13/19 9:15pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



Apples posted some more P photos/video today along with the song "How Deep is Your Love"

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 06/13/19 9:19pm

purplemist7777

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Apples posted some more P photos/video today along with the song "How Deep is Your Love"


I believe it is a repost.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 06/13/19 9:45pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

purplemist7777 said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Apples posted some more P photos/video today along with the song "How Deep is Your Love"

I believe it is a repost.



But still a post.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 06/14/19 12:52pm

lastdecember

avatar

Somehow I dont think this is correct. There seems to be ALOT of "half truths" and things coming from that ERA of Prince, I dont really know what to believe. I tend to listen to Morris Hayes when I want to hear about Prince, the stories coming from the earlier days, and mainly "female" relations seem to be often about calling out others when making their case. Hence "I dont want to be one of the herd"?


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 06/14/19 12:54pm

jfenster

nelcp777 said:

SoulAlive said:

nod smile

Maybe she misunderstood and Prince said he had an Apollonia 6 movie idea that was laying in the Vault on some notebook?

cant someone ask her?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 06/15/19 8:04am

violetcrush

lastdecember said:

Somehow I dont think this is correct. There seems to be ALOT of "half truths" and things coming from that ERA of Prince, I dont really know what to believe. I tend to listen to Morris Hayes when I want to hear about Prince, the stories coming from the earlier days, and mainly "female" relations seem to be often about calling out others when making their case. Hence "I dont want to be one of the herd"?


Morris Hayes was not with Prince in the 80’s, so he can not provide information about Prince during that time. It’s not just the females who have been sharing stories - many non-female friends/associates have talked about that time period - Bobby Z, Matt Fink, Mark Brown, Eric Leeds, Alan Leeds, Hans Martin Buff, etc.
*
I think the interest in some of the female stories - such as Susannah, who had a working and personal relationship with him - is that we get a glimpse of Prince “behind the scenes” and off the stage. I think it is fascinating and enjoy hearing about the “real guy”.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 06/15/19 10:15am

lastdecember

avatar

violetcrush said:

lastdecember said:

Somehow I dont think this is correct. There seems to be ALOT of "half truths" and things coming from that ERA of Prince, I dont really know what to believe. I tend to listen to Morris Hayes when I want to hear about Prince, the stories coming from the earlier days, and mainly "female" relations seem to be often about calling out others when making their case. Hence "I dont want to be one of the herd"?


Morris Hayes was not with Prince in the 80’s, so he can not provide information about Prince during that time. It’s not just the females who have been sharing stories - many non-female friends/associates have talked about that time period - Bobby Z, Matt Fink, Mark Brown, Eric Leeds, Alan Leeds, Hans Martin Buff, etc.
*
I think the interest in some of the female stories - such as Susannah, who had a working and personal relationship with him - is that we get a glimpse of Prince “behind the scenes” and off the stage. I think it is fascinating and enjoy hearing about the “real guy”.


I didn’t say Morris had info or could give info to those days, my thing is that the bitterness that has come at times always stems from those during those days. Morris was with prince longer than anyone, his time with him being from 89/90 through to 2012 as Morris said after that they spoke hear and there, but Prince was moving in other band directions. Morris was also part of the toughest era the symbol name change slave days. Stories coming from Morris and others in that NPG trio also have a great insight to him off the stage.

"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Apollonia 2019- We Spent the Last Two Years of His Life Making Plans