independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Nov 2019 2:58am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Mayte post on fb about Prince charging her to see him play (now updated with new post by her)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 12 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 05/29/11 10:16am

PenelopePaige

dJJ said:

PenelopePaige said:

People send you mean orgnotes? Wow. When I first came on here they were hating on me for asking why P wouldn't pay his bills and stuff like that but no one ever orgnoted me! eek

I got a pretty ugly orgnote when I first started posting here too. I posted it, requiring if it was an example of normal behaviour on the org.

Somehow, I never got hateful orgnotes anymore after that. I don't complain to mods. I'll just out the haters. I like transparancy and accountable behaviour.

Right on. When I first came on here, I caught alot of guff from Spinlight and Vitriol but I've come to learn that's par for the course with them, although I find that I actually can agree with Spinlight on some things but he can be snarky. But the people who have org-noted me have been really nice. Some people are really decent; One girl was all mad at me for something I said about P but when I mentioned having a brother on drugs, after getting onto me for something, she then said she wished me well with my brother, that was really nice of her I thought. But your right; out the haters. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 05/29/11 10:22am

SoulAlive

TypoQueen said:

This is out of character for Mayte.

Could why she posted about this maybe due to heightened emotions due to recent events on twitter?

Nast evil tweet

ŇõO̳̐õR̃̾

@
ŇõO̳̐õR̃̾
@

disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 05/29/11 10:33am

lavender1983

imago said:

lavender1983 said:

I wonder who is the next protege/associate to go on twitter/fb with something else...this becoming a bit of a habit lol

And eek eek eek eek disbelief disbelief disbelief disbelief at that nutcase who attacked her. I swear the anonymity of some of these social networking sites reveal the sickest and most vile human beings. Why would someone even remotely think of saying that to her?

Chile, if you read some of the vitriolic stuff I receive on orgnote after posting a thread in P M&M, you'd realize this is actually the norm. lol

[Snip - luv4u]

Oh I know and I can imagine lol Some fans are overly enthusiatic...to put it lightly. Participating in public forums leaves you wide open for nameless and faceless people to jump on you for whatever reason they see fit like a vulture would on a hyena's carcass. Pretty scary.

The world we leave in today where celebrities make themselves so accessible to fans is a slippery slope as well.....why a supposed "fan" would use one of the single most tragic things that can ever happen to someone as weapon against them.. because you are what? ...Jealous?...Beyond pathetic.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 05/29/11 10:36am

dJJ

PenelopePaige said:

dJJ said:

I got a pretty ugly orgnote when I first started posting here too. I posted it, requiring if it was an example of normal behaviour on the org.

Somehow, I never got hateful orgnotes anymore after that. I don't complain to mods. I'll just out the haters. I like transparancy and accountable behaviour.

Right on. When I first came on here, I caught alot of guff from Spinlight and Vitriol but I've come to learn that's par for the course with them, although I find that I actually can agree with Spinlight on some things but he can be snarky. But the people who have org-noted me have been really nice. Some people are really decent; One girl was all mad at me for something I said about P but when I mentioned having a brother on drugs, after getting onto me for something, she then said she wished me well with my brother, that was really nice of her I thought. But your right; out the haters. lol

Out with the haters, and out with the people who can't communicate decently.

Spinlight and Virtiol have their periods wink

However, they never get nasty or attack persons. I dig their comments.

Some people get off on being bitchy. I love the cats who want to fight. That's a lot of fun. Never let them fight you in the dark, by mean orgnotes. Make sure you put them in the limelight and let the audiance enjoy the catfights too. lol lol lol

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 05/29/11 11:21am

Dreamer2

avatar

unique said:

if prince let everyone he shagged into the concert for free he wouldn't make any money

i'd buy mayte a ticket though. she's welcome to stand in a field with me and the cows watching shitty support bands waiting on prince to turn up

Now this should win the award for the funniest post in 2011 on the org......

Mayte ....Buy a god damn ticket your not Ms Nelson any more .....god damn freebies.... put your hand in your pocket!

Eye Was Born & Raised On The Same Plantation In The United States Of The Red, White And Blue Eye Never Knew That Eye Was Different Til Dr. King Was On The Balcony
Lying In A Bloody Pool......Call me a Dreamer 2 - R.I.P - James Brown and Michael Jackson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 05/29/11 12:17pm

NONSENSE

What's she going to want next a free t-shirt confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 05/29/11 12:51pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

NONSENSE said:

What's she going to want next a free t-shirt confused



Next thing you know she'll want to ride his motorcycle!
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 05/29/11 12:54pm

PenelopePaige

dJJ said:

PenelopePaige said:

Right on. When I first came on here, I caught alot of guff from Spinlight and Vitriol but I've come to learn that's par for the course with them, although I find that I actually can agree with Spinlight on some things but he can be snarky. But the people who have org-noted me have been really nice. Some people are really decent; One girl was all mad at me for something I said about P but when I mentioned having a brother on drugs, after getting onto me for something, she then said she wished me well with my brother, that was really nice of her I thought. But your right; out the haters. lol

Out with the haters, and out with the people who can't communicate decently.

Spinlight and Virtiol have their periods wink

However, they never get nasty or attack persons. I dig their comments.

Some people get off on being bitchy. I love the cats who want to fight. That's a lot of fun. Never let them fight you in the dark, by mean orgnotes. Make sure you put them in the limelight and let the audiance enjoy the catfights too. lol lol lol

Ditto that. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 05/29/11 1:03pm

redpumps

avatar

All can say is wow! After reading all this, I have to maybe agree with LOVEVRY1, maybe the whole story is not being told, Mayte could be posting to let P know she still cares. I don't know who does ??? maybe she is trying post so he can read ????? but whatever is the story, hope all is well with the 2 and she goes to the show and have a grand time ! cause thats what its really all about.

dove

Smiling Makes Joy Come Alive........and Joy can never die .........yes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 05/29/11 1:12pm

mzsadii

avatar

Well, HELLS BELLS, don't we have to pay? Why should anyone else other than his immediate family have to do the same? Can you immagine the requests that are made of him by celbs and others that feel "entitlement"?

Prince's Sarah
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 05/29/11 1:31pm

VenusBlingBlin
g

avatar

I'm not going to say P was right or wrong as that is impossible to judge... I can see both/several point of views.

But regarding all these fb and twitter comments lately from well known people in and out of Prince's life I don't get it. Considering their friends list it is pretty easy to say that their pages aren't private as they say. If you want a private page then you only add people you actually know. You can have several pages so it's not that hard. But when you have thousands of "friends" of whom the majority are fans then I don't get why you post more or less private issues and then say it's not for anyone to judge as these are private matters. Where's the logic?? confuse

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 05/29/11 1:50pm

sterling

strmn said:

Some of the comments in this thread seem downright unreasonable. I think it would have been generous for Prince to give Mayte a comp, but why is it "disrespectful" that he didn't? I'm sure that there are other performers who actively bar their ex(s) from admittance to their shows. By all accounts, he didn't do that.

The claim that it's "disrespectful" because she was, at a time in the past, his wife, had a child with him, shared a bed with him, blah, blah, blah, makes it sound as if everyone else who has been married to someone and had a kid with that person, but is now divorced from that person, continues to *give priority* to their ex's feelings and welfare, etc. Most people who are divorced don't even want to be in the same building as their ex. Compared to what some people do to their exes, not giving a complimentary concert ticket seems almost not worth mentioning.

And when did they part ways? Was that in the last few years? Or over a decade ago?

AMEN. now i should probably keep reading cause i am still ping-ponging back and forth between disbelief and confusion that anyone who has ever broken up with someone would set up parameters for someone else and their ex. i am divorced from a well known musician and can't say i'd be rushing out to see him perform but if i did the only way i would even think of asking for a ticket to a show would be if we had remained close friends. (the child we lost and the bed we shared aside) if not i'd buy a ticket like the general public cuz that is who i'd be to him. i've got another ex, a musician i dated for about 15 minutes in the 80's; we have remained friends and his wife knows of our history & friendship so if free tickets are available to see him when he comes into town, i go for free; if not i pay and he pays for dinner. cool

i recognize it as a job and if he were a jeweler, a designer or owned a restaurant- would anyone expect that the ex should get freebies when she showed up? i'm just sayin'....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 05/29/11 2:05pm

sterling

Spinlight said:

cool

Why is he supposed to feel compelled to reach out to an ex? It's so bizarre that some of you ascribe your own feelings onto him. Their breakup was not amicable. Everyone knows how ugly it got. Why the hell should he feel so benevolent? It's laughable that so many of you put these people through your own filters yet if you were in the same spot, it's likely you would act the same way.

so TRUE.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 05/29/11 2:29pm

psychodelicide

avatar

kimrachell said:

i think maybe it wasn't just that she asked to go see the concert, i think she was asking to see him. you know be back stage and see him. if it was me, i would feel really hurt by being told i had to pay to see a man i shared a bed, marriage and baby with. it just comes off so rude and cruel.

yeahthat

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 05/29/11 2:31pm

sirweasel

Douche Bag Move on Prince's part

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 05/29/11 2:33pm

SoulAlive

VenusBlingBling said:

I'm not going to say P was right or wrong as that is impossible to judge... I can see both/several point of views.

But regarding all these fb and twitter comments lately from well known people in and out of Prince's life I don't get it. Considering their friends list it is pretty easy to say that their pages aren't private as they say. If you want a private page then you only add people you actually know. You can have several pages so it's not that hard. But when you have thousands of "friends" of whom the majority are fans then I don't get why you post more or less private issues and then say it's not for anyone to judge as these are private matters. Where's the logic?? confuse

I don't get the Twitter thing,either.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 05/29/11 2:40pm

wonder505

Wow, i'm away from the Org for a minute and come back to another associated artist fb post on Prince.

In this case I'm not going to judge either sides because I don't know all the facts surrounding their relationship since their divorce. It seems that this was common practice as she's come to expect getting in for free, but something has now changed and we don't know why behind the scenes.

What I dont get with these associated artist/people, is when they post a private matter on a public site, why get mad when people post comments of their own opinion that is not in favor of their fb post? if you dont want people judging you then keep your private shit off public networking sites. Yes its their page and they can post what they want but it comes with a price. that is just how it is, especially in the Internet world.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 05/29/11 4:00pm

Serena

None of us even know if Prince personally heard the request. He DOES NOT have to approve all people on a guest list. I've been on aftershow guest lists, including one time in P's VIP area in Vegas and he doesn't know who in the hell I am.

Hell, if Brenda's still in town, maybe she was given the job of running the guest lists and I can picture her giving that Joker smile while turning Mayte's request down. evillol

So a couple of people have referred to Prince's new wife, but then ignore answering the followup questions. Don't throw shit out there like that if you're not ready to back it up. hammer


[Edited 5/29/11 16:03pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 05/29/11 4:55pm

Spinlight

avatar

sosgemini said:

BklynDiamond said:

That is what I am trying to understand Spinlight.

She obviously contacted him hoping to go for free. If she just wanted to go to the concert she could have bought a ticket and he would be none the wiser for it.

I like Mayte (as much as I can like anyone I don't know) but seems to me troubled was stirred up for troubles sake.

You want to go to the concert, buy a ticket and leave him out of it.

Or maybe he called her and told her out of the blue, "You're approved to come to my show---but you gotta pay". At this point we just don't know either's motive. Maybe he started off being a dick so she posted in retaliation. Who knows...Who cares? LOL

Well, I do know that the guy who posts here often and is friends with Mayte made a post when W2LA shows were announced. He said that because Prince had been having exbandmembers play with him on this tour, that he should bring Mayte up to dance for him. He said that Mayte thought it was a terrible idea and that neither of them had approached Prince about it and that it was JUST an idea they were floating to the org.

It seems to me that when nothing involving her being scheduled to come on stage materialized, they reached out to get comped tickets and were approved for attendance but denied comping. Which Prince is entirely, 100% in his right to do. She's lucky he didn't say, "Hell to the motherfunkin' no, Stella."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 05/29/11 4:56pm

formallypickle
s

avatar

yeah it depends if their still GOOD friends

if they ended on sour note yet still talked daily and were still good friends

in friendly case yes a good Friend shouldnt have to pay but if they dont talk daily and keep intouch

hell no ho you gotta pay like the rest of us!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 05/29/11 4:59pm

KemiVA

avatar

squirrelgrease said:

TypoQueen said:

This is out of character for Mayte.

Could why she posted about this maybe due to heightened emotions due to recent events on twitter?

Nast evil tweet

ŇõO̳̐õR̃̾

@
ŇõO̳̐õR̃̾
@

That's some sick shit.

Indeed. What an incredibly vile and heartless thing for someone to say. Beyond low... disbelief

Hey...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 05/29/11 5:28pm

wonder505

KemiVA said:

squirrelgrease said:

That's some sick shit.

Indeed. What an incredibly vile and heartless thing for someone to say. Beyond low... disbelief

sick sickos on the net disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 05/29/11 6:19pm

dreamer4now

Spinlight said:

sosgemini said:

Or maybe he called her and told her out of the blue, "You're approved to come to my show---but you gotta pay". At this point we just don't know either's motive. Maybe he started off being a dick so she posted in retaliation. Who knows...Who cares? LOL

Well, I do know that the guy who posts here often and is friends with Mayte made a post when W2LA shows were announced. He said that because Prince had been having exbandmembers play with him on this tour, that he should bring Mayte up to dance for him. He said that Mayte thought it was a terrible idea and that neither of them had approached Prince about it and that it was JUST an idea they were floating to the org.

It seems to me that when nothing involving her being scheduled to come on stage materialized, they reached out to get comped tickets and were approved for attendance but denied comping. Which Prince is entirely, 100% in his right to do. She's lucky he didn't say, "Hell to the motherfunkin' no, Stella."

thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 05/29/11 7:15pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

Spinlight said:

sosgemini said:

Or maybe he called her and told her out of the blue, "You're approved to come to my show---but you gotta pay". At this point we just don't know either's motive. Maybe he started off being a dick so she posted in retaliation. Who knows...Who cares? LOL

Well, I do know that the guy who posts here often and is friends with Mayte made a post when W2LA shows were announced. He said that because Prince had been having exbandmembers play with him on this tour, that he should bring Mayte up to dance for him. He said that Mayte thought it was a terrible idea and that neither of them had approached Prince about it and that it was JUST an idea they were floating to the org.

It seems to me that when nothing involving her being scheduled to come on stage materialized, they reached out to get comped tickets and were approved for attendance but denied comping. Which Prince is entirely, 100% in his right to do. She's lucky he didn't say, "Hell to the motherfunkin' no, Stella."

confuse Link?

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 05/29/11 7:41pm

SomewhereHereO
nEarth

PurpleChi said:

I saw that crazy tweet when it occured. I responded to her saying that she was crazy and disrespectful. She then apologized for her statement and started following me. I blocked her crazy behind.

eek

wow...good thing you blocked her...

Love God. Love Music. Love Life.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 05/29/11 8:11pm

PenelopePaige

Serious said:

I am really surprised there is no topic here yet about Mayte's fb status from 3 hours ago: Wow! I got "approved" to go see my ex-husband play but was told I have to pay!!! won't get into details... But I'm told I have to pay!???? Many Prince fans seem to be surprised, I am not I must say.... BTW I am not stalking her or anything. I am not friends with her on fb, I just read it because some of my fb friends are friends with her there, so I had it with my updates from one of my friends..... And her post after a lot of comments by her fb friends: everyone don't hate him as an artist. This is my Facebook page to comment on things in my life. I commented that I was asked to pay. In a respect thing, I think it's disrespectful. Everyone has their views and things to say. Yes there are 2... sides but it's an issue of respect. That's all. Nothing else . Btw, I'm not going. Lets all go back to enjoying the music. And if you like him as a person ...so be it. I'm not saying anything bad. Just commented on what was said to me. [Edited 5/28/11 9:20am]

Ok, I have a theory as to why P would make Mayte pay for tickets when she obviously thought she would get in for free and probably be given backstage passes: Could it be because she is now friends with Manueala? Could be that he is sick of Manuela and her sex crazed boyfriend showing up at his award ceremonies and Manuela befriending his first wife. Just my theory. Someone said he was cool with Mayte after one of the 3121 shows and was even seen hugging her. The difference between that time period and now may possibly be because the two women are now friends or at least "friendly". If that is the case I would have to agree with Prince; I think Mayte genuinely loved him but that Manuela had her own agenda and still does and I think he may feel that she got the better of him. Thoughts?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 05/29/11 9:22pm

just1lousydime

avatar

Why are Mani and Bria involved in this discussion at all? How in the world are they contributing to the "conflict" here?

From P's point of view, why in the world would you want your ex-wife to come to your show if you don't talk to her (and judging from these proceedings, they don't), LET ALONE give her a free ticket.

From Mayte's point of view, he was her ex-husband, and maybe she just wants to have a good time at a show in her area.

I don't see why Mayte is griping about this though. If she really wanted to go, she'd buy herself a ticket like everyone else who wants to go does. There probably were some celebrities that got in for free, but I highly doubt that all of them who attended one of the shows attended for free. If for no other reason, most of the celebrities sat in the VIP sections, and at $750 a pop, giving those seats away would be a significant loss. It's still weird that she had to be approved, but she WAS married to the guy, and she should've expected that there would be hurdles.

time flies.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 05/29/11 9:31pm

Spinlight

avatar

just1lousydime said:

Why are Mani and Bria involved in this discussion at all? How in the world are they contributing to the "conflict" here?

From P's point of view, why in the world would you want your ex-wife to come to your show if you don't talk to her (and judging from these proceedings, they don't), LET ALONE give her a free ticket.

From Mayte's point of view, he was her ex-husband, and maybe she just wants to have a good time at a show in her area.

I don't see why Mayte is griping about this though. If she really wanted to go, she'd buy herself a ticket like everyone else who wants to go does. There probably were some celebrities that got in for free, but I highly doubt that all of them who attended one of the shows attended for free. If for no other reason, most of the celebrities sat in the VIP sections, and at $750 a pop, giving those seats away would be a significant loss. It's still weird that she had to be approved, but she WAS married to the guy, and she should've expected that there would be hurdles.

yeahthat

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 05/29/11 11:24pm

Heidi

avatar

Anyone notice this conversation on TwitteR?

thomas kozlowski jr
@
in reply to ↑

mayte garcia
thank you. It IS a shame
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 05/29/11 11:33pm

SilverOrchid

That disgusting demon who said that to Mayte needs psychological help.

However, people need to stop posting their business on social networks. It is tacky.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 12 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Mayte post on fb about Prince charging her to see him play (now updated with new post by her)