independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Nov 2019 1:53am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > KOKO - Sunday 16th Feb
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 13 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/14/14 4:15pm

aiden

avatar

KOKO - Sunday 16th Feb

I spent a night out at KOKO's on Tuesday and it really is a very special venue. I would love to see tickets go on sale for this on Saturday but it will be a 1st come, 1st served I'm sure... And.. Will it be £10 again or £70?

I'm ready to brave the weather, are you? Feel free to add any info when it comes in..
[Edited 2/14/14 16:17pm]
"Still Crazy 4 Coco Rock"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/14/14 9:26pm

KeithyT

avatar

With over 24hours notice this has to be ticketed, right? The queue prospect is an all-dayer otherwise. What's the capacity of the Koko?
Just somewhere in the middle,
Not too good and not too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/14/14 11:51pm

KeithyT

avatar

Capacity is 1410 so yeah ...ermm ...gulp wink

Edit: capacity might be closer to 1900 so much closer total to Shepherds Bush Empire. Their official site says 1410 though confused
[Edited 2/15/14 0:25am]
Just somewhere in the middle,
Not too good and not too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/15/14 3:04am

Dandroppedadim
e

not sure i can endure another long wait in the cold - with the prospect of not getting in at the end of it!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/15/14 3:18am

thisisreece

Travel to London sorted - now I just hope I get in!

Hundalasiliah!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/15/14 5:19am

funkysingh

Dandroppedadime said:

not sure i can endure another long wait in the cold - with the prospect of not getting in at the end of it!


The mind is willing but the body isn't able.
Wait outside freezing butt off whilst all and their dog join their mates in the queue before me.
Get inside and get pushed around jostling for a good view whilst people try to squeeze past you and end up standing behind a giant of a man.
Have inebriated bloke practically fall on top of you whilst you make your way out to catch the last train missing last 15 mins of concert.
Make mind up never again and then do the exact same thing the following week
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/15/14 5:34am

XxAxX

avatar

funkysingh said:

Dandroppedadime said:

not sure i can endure another long wait in the cold - with the prospect of not getting in at the end of it!

The mind is willing but the body isn't able. Wait outside freezing butt off whilst all and their dog join their mates in the queue before me. Get inside and get pushed around jostling for a good view whilst people try to squeeze past you and end up standing behind a giant of a man. Have inebriated bloke practically fall on top of you whilst you make your way out to catch the last train missing last 15 mins of concert. Make mind up never again and then do the exact same thing the following week

lol omg. i feel you! you poor/lucky person. sorry to laugh, but i totally get it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/15/14 6:01am

3QuartersInAGl
ass

avatar

Just put the tickets ON SALE on Sunday morning! Prince did this in 2007 for this exact venue without ANY problems. Morning sale, evening show - simple! If they make us queue, then its just being done for the hype surrounding it.

And there is much more notice this time, people have known since Friday night... people will get there very very early, and some will drink all day. Then you'll get the queue jumpers at opening time. You know what happens then. Theres no need!

"U have just given birth 2 a 7 pound Bambi..." SBE 9Feb14
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/15/14 6:09am

Dandroppedadim
e

3QuartersInAGlass said:

Just put the tickets ON SALE on Sunday morning! Prince did this in 2007 for this exact venue without ANY problems. Morning sale, evening show - simple! If they make us queue, then its just being done for the hype surrounding it.

And there is much more notice this time, people have known since Friday night... people will get there very very early, and some will drink all day. Then you'll get the queue jumpers at opening time. You know what happens then. Theres no need!

sounds like a much better way to do it. where wil the tix b sold though online or on the door?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/15/14 6:16am

3QuartersInAGl
ass

avatar

Cash talks...

"U have just given birth 2 a 7 pound Bambi..." SBE 9Feb14
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/15/14 7:45am

Malloy

Apart from Hannah mentioning it last night who else has put this out? What I'm saying is SBE was mentioned on Radio 6. It's only diehards like us that know about it, no?
Anyway what time you all going to queue from?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/15/14 8:15am

mgm94

Not sure when to queue from. Queued for 5 1/2 to 6 hours last Sunday and while I had a brilliant spot, it was a long day. People still turned up at 8 and got in and while I think that may be too risky I'm thinking mid-afternoon would be fine. Although the advance notice worries me as more will come down. Difficult to decide really.I was hoping the tickets would go on sale tomorrow morning but I don't think that is going to happen this tour at all unless they play bigger venues, possibly starting at Brixton.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/15/14 8:26am

3QuartersInAGl
ass

avatar

People will come from all over the country since its well known 48hours before showtime.

"U have just given birth 2 a 7 pound Bambi..." SBE 9Feb14
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/15/14 8:32am

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

I am getting stressed out about tomorrow... What time to arrive, will i get in,., will there be two shows, how much will it be... Too early for a glass of wine?! My god will i even sleep!!!! mad confused lol
Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/15/14 9:23am

mattj

strawberrybubblegum said:

I am getting stressed out about tomorrow... What time to arrive, will i get in,., will there be two shows, how much will it be... Too early for a glass of wine?! My god will i even sleep!!!! mad confused lol

KOKO now advertising gig and link to BUY tix ...link to TIX not showing Prince YET

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/15/14 9:29am

dJJ

KOKO!

Pretty cool.


I just can't afford a ticket and hotel and everything.

The girls & P seem to have a lot of fun. As well as the audiancec. I like this 'hit & run' tour,

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/15/14 9:35am

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

mattj said:



strawberrybubblegum said:


I am getting stressed out about tomorrow... What time to arrive, will i get in,., will there be two shows, how much will it be... Too early for a glass of wine?! My god will i even sleep!!!! mad confused lol

KOKO now advertising gig and link to BUY tix ...link to TIX not showing Prince YET


Holy moly!!! Refresh on the ready!!!!! eek biggrin

Edit: forgot my manners in my rush... Thank you for pointing it out and hope you get tix if you're going!
[Edited 2/15/14 9:43am]
Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/15/14 9:43am

KeithyT

avatar

Ok everyone let's remain calm and keep this on the down-low

(Runs off screaming to grab credit card) lol
[Edited 2/15/14 9:44am]
Just somewhere in the middle,
Not too good and not too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/15/14 9:45am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

KeithyT said:

Ok everyone let's remain calm and keep this on the down-low (Runs off screaming to grab credit card) lol [Edited 2/15/14 9:44am]

Get your hat ready! lol

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/15/14 9:58am

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

Jeez.. we could be here all night.. who knows what time they go on sale!!

Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/15/14 10:00am

Malloy

strawberrybubblegum said:

Jeez.. we could be here all night.. who knows what time they go on sale!!


If . . they go on sale. Why doesn't somebody tell us something??!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/15/14 10:03am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

Wasn't it 9am on the day of the gig last time?

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/15/14 10:04am

Malloy

I'm still not convinced they'll go on sale.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/15/14 10:06am

abigailj

Awesome!!! My poor friends who used their last half day holiday and spent 10 hours hanging around Euston after Kiran's 'tonight' tweet, may get to Koko after all! They have to go to a family thing at *irony* Blenheim Palace ahahaha and can't get out of it. If I can grab them a ticket they can come along later. lol I am ready with my cards!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/15/14 10:06am

KeithyT

avatar

SquirrelMeat said:

Wasn't it 9am on the day of the gig last time?


I think it was a weekday too as I recall? I decided not to go (try) and wait for the summer.

Sooooo seeing him in the Koko is on my unfinished business list wink
[Edited 2/15/14 10:09am]
Just somewhere in the middle,
Not too good and not too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/15/14 10:08am

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

Malloy said:

I'm still not convinced they'll go on sale.

They will. Why have a button that says buy ticktets. It is a halfway house for him I guess. Online tickets as a lot of people have said but he won't say what time. ... unless there is a cryptic clue somewhere..

Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/15/14 10:12am

Malloy

strawberrybubblegum said:



Malloy said:


I'm still not convinced they'll go on sale.


They will. Why have a button that says buy ticktets. It is a halfway house for him I guess. Online tickets as a lot of people have said but he won't say what time. ... unless there is a cryptic clue somewhere..


Great . .
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/15/14 10:14am

abigailj

Malloy said:

strawberrybubblegum said:

They will. Why have a button that says buy ticktets. It is a halfway house for him I guess. Online tickets as a lot of people have said but he won't say what time. ... unless there is a cryptic clue somewhere..

Great . .

#princewatch #relentless

I could be on train tomorrow to get in line and miss online ticket sales.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/15/14 10:28am

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

Just called sales to book over the phone (as I have no net access lol)and was told they have zero information about the gig. They know a link has been posted on KoKo website but they don't know how many will be on sale, when, online only or some on door, what time if any .. basically zero.

neutral

Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/15/14 10:35am

powersoul99

strawberrybubblegum said:

Just called sales to book over the phone (as I have no net access lol)and was told they have zero information about the gig. They know a link has been posted on KoKo website but they don't know how many will be on sale, when, online only or some on door, what time if any .. basically zero.

neutral

If you have no net access, how did you write this?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 13 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > KOKO - Sunday 16th Feb