independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 6th Dec 2019 8:16pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Prince in London: some info! Update!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/19/13 2:07pm

dandan

Prince in London: some info! Update!

Prince is rehearsing in London. The sticker in the picture prince tweeted is from a company called John Henry's that rent rehearsal space as well as equipment. It seems P is using studio 1 to rehearse (which is the other picture). I know this because the company's slogan is 'specialist suppliers to entertainment industry' which you can see at the top of the sticker. Although it's hard to make out, I think the date on the sticker is 17/8/13 which means he's already been here for 3 days, so the shows could be very soon.

[Edited 8/22/13 9:44am]

I got two sides... and they're both friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/19/13 2:25pm

dJJ

He's having toast for breakfast in London?


eek


Will it be Koko's or Hootenanny?


.

[Edited 8/19/13 14:40pm]

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/19/13 2:53pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

That's about 2.5 miles from my office. Mustn't be a stalker. Mustn't be a stalker...
RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/19/13 2:58pm

andykeen

avatar

But I'm skint sad please don't let tickets go on sale before pay day....please

Keenmeister
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/19/13 3:02pm

NinaB

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

That's about 2.5 miles from my office. Mustn't be a stalker. Mustn't be a stalker...

I soo hear u! It's very near where i live!!!

"We just let people talk & say whatever they want 2 say. 9 times out of 10, trust me, what's out there now, I wouldn't give nary one of these folks the time of day. That's why I don't say anything back, because there's so much that's wrong" - P, Dec '15
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/19/13 3:10pm

clbrooks

avatar

I think that reads "FENDER STRAT / BCK" (black?)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/19/13 3:35pm

dandan

I live near Liverpool and the fact Prince is in England at all feels like he's just around the corner. I will absolutley be travelling down to London for the shows. biggrin

I got two sides... and they're both friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/19/13 3:52pm

thisisreece

Oh my, oh my, oh my... excited!

Hundalasiliah!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/19/13 4:06pm

colouritin

dandan said:

I live near Liverpool and the fact Prince is in England at all feels like he's just around the corner. I will absolutley be travelling down to London for the shows. biggrin

me too! hopefully enough time to get a day off to travel!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/19/13 4:09pm

SometimesIwond
er

I will not b able to sleep a wink tonight until I know what's going down!!! Aaaah can u imagine if a show is on the cards?? My stomach is churning like the clothes in the washing machine.... excited excited
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/19/13 4:13pm

TheLodger

avatar

Heaven is near!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/19/13 4:17pm

dandan

SometimesIwonder said:

I will not b able to sleep a wink tonight until I know what's going down!!! Aaaah can u imagine if a show is on the cards?? My stomach is churning like the clothes in the washing machine.... excited excited

I got the exact same feeling when I saw the first tweet 'LONDON 1' haha. I don't want to sleep in case tickets go on sale in the middle of the night! lol

I got two sides... and they're both friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/19/13 4:37pm

Erika2k8

dandan said:

SometimesIwonder said:

I will not b able to sleep a wink tonight until I know what's going down!!! Aaaah can u imagine if a show is on the cards?? My stomach is churning like the clothes in the washing machine.... excited excited

I got the exact same feeling when I saw the first tweet 'LONDON 1' haha. I don't want to sleep in case tickets go on sale in the middle of the night! lol

OMG i hope so

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/19/13 5:31pm

velf

in 17-08-2013 he was in Portugal.he arrived 14-08 to see ANA Moura concert and anounce a concert for Lisbon in 17-08.by the way a magnific concert.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/20/13 12:51am

rafael

avatar

Still nothing mentioned bout a show. Perhaps the girls stick in London for P returning after the Winery shows. Bur u never know ;+
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/20/13 2:15am

LEWISTAYLORFAN

I have heard of possible venues....maybe a venue tonight or that particular venue another night before Sunday.
It gets so salty baby (bittersweet by Lewis Taylor)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/20/13 2:22am

SpiritOtter

LEWISTAYLORFAN said:

I have heard of possible venues....maybe a venue tonight or that particular venue another night before Sunday.

Which venue is the latest being a potential?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/20/13 2:29am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

LEWISTAYLORFAN said:

I have heard of possible venues....maybe a venue tonight or that particular venue another night before Sunday.

Please be less vague, we are excited!
RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/20/13 2:36am

SpiritOtter

Exactly, TheEnglishGent. I am secretly hopimg for an impromptu smallish venue, which fans are granted good access to. A pre-gig Org meet up for a swift drink might also be in order. The sun is shining in London today afterall.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/20/13 3:21am

unique

avatar

i have heard that if he does a gig there will be a bloke in the audience called dave, and he will know someone who's father is called james, and he will ride on a tube train at some point this week and wear black coloured footwear

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/20/13 3:28am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

unique said:

i have heard that if he does a gig there will be a bloke in the audience called dave, and he will know someone who's father is called james, and he will ride on a tube train at some point this week and wear black coloured footwear

Sounds legit.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/20/13 3:29am

SpiritOtter

TheEnglishGent said:

unique said:

i have heard that if he does a gig there will be a bloke in the audience called dave, and he will know someone who's father is called james, and he will ride on a tube train at some point this week and wear black coloured footwear

Sounds legit.

Sounds like it will be in Camden then. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/20/13 3:34am

dJJ

Just heard that his guitar is checked out of the rehearsing room.


Don't know where to.


I like Camden, Hootananny and Koko's.

Sheppards Bush is nice, but big.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/20/13 3:49am

dandan

dJJ said:

Just heard that his guitar is checked out of the rehearsing room.


Don't know where to.


I like Camden, Hootananny and Koko's.

Sheppards Bush is nice, but big.

Where did you that my man? biggrin

I got two sides... and they're both friends.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/20/13 3:52am

SpiritOtter

What I do not understand is WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY COME TO LONDON JUST TO REHEARSE? It sounds to me an improptu is DEFINITELY going to happen; it is just when and where. Although this unfortunately does not bode well for the City Winery "Prince Presents" folks... London 1 NYC 0

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/20/13 3:52am

davewitteonthe
kit

Please, please feel free to slap me down and tell me this is outrageous. But there just so happens to be a Prince 'tribute night' going on at the Camden Jazz Cafe on Sunday 25/08. A venue which Google maps tells me is 8 minutes drive from John Henry's.

I know it's a ludicrous notion, but there's just something about that big a coincidence which is niggling at me. Saying that though, tickets for the night are £18.50 which seems very cheap if 3rdeyegirl were to have any involvement whatsoever.

Nice to dream though.

EDIT: This tribute night's been advertised for months as well. So it'd hardly be 'impromptu' and I doubt the organisers would be able to keep something like that a secret for so long.

[Edited 8/20/13 3:55am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/20/13 3:53am

dJJ

dandan said:

dJJ said:

Just heard that his guitar is checked out of the rehearsing room.


Don't know where to.


I like Camden, Hootananny and Koko's.

Sheppards Bush is nice, but big.

Where did you that my man? biggrin



I know somebody in London, who's office is near the rehearsing room.
And he told me all about P's guitar travelings.

He doesn't know where P will perform, though.


Friend is out of London for a few days this week, so he'll probably miss the London concert.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/20/13 3:55am

SpiritOtter

davewitteonthekit said:

Please, please feel free to slap me down and tell me this is outrageous. But there just so happens to be a Prince 'tribute night' going on at the Camden Jazz Cafe on Sunday 25/08. A venue which Google maps tells me is 8 minutes drive from John Henry's.

I know it's a ludicrous notion, but there's just something about that big a coincidence which is niggling at me. Saying that though, tickets for the night are £18.50 which seems very cheap if 3rdeyegirl were to have any involvement whatsoever.

Nice to dream though.

EDIT: This tribute night's been advertised for months as well. So it'd hardly be 'impromptu' and I doubt the organisers would be able to keep something like that a secret for so long.

.

^^ Well, there is the bloke called Dave in the audience (Unique was right). The plot thickens...

.

[Edited 8/20/13 3:58am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/20/13 3:59am

dJJ

SpiritOtter said:

davewitteonthekit said:

Please, please feel free to slap me down and tell me this is outrageous. But there just so happens to be a Prince 'tribute night' going on at the Camden Jazz Cafe on Sunday 25/08. A venue which Google maps tells me is 8 minutes drive from John Henry's.

I know it's a ludicrous notion, but there's just something about that big a coincidence which is niggling at me. Saying that though, tickets for the night are £18.50 which seems very cheap if 3rdeyegirl were to have any involvement whatsoever.

Nice to dream though.

EDIT: This tribute night's been advertised for months as well. So it'd hardly be 'impromptu' and I doubt the organisers would be able to keep something like that a secret for so long.

.

^^ Well, there is the bloke called Dave in the audience (Unique was right). The plot thickens...

.

[Edited 8/20/13 3:58am]

OMG

That would be pretty amazing!

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/20/13 4:03am

davewitteonthe
kit

Sounds way, way, way too good to be true. But I've been doing some Twitter stalking and none of the people scheduled to be performing at this tribute night seem to be promoting it all that much, considering how close it is.

Like I say, I can't imagine for a second that this 'tribute night' would be some kind of cover... But if he's 5 minutes drive away and decided not to go back to NY (or fly to NY and then come back), what's to stop him checking out what a tribute to him is actually like?

Trying to stop thinking like that though as it's only raising my hopes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Prince in London: some info! Update!