independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 20th Aug 2019 10:15am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > PRINCE PLAYS MONTREUX 2013 !!!! 13 + 14 + 15 JULY 2013 AUDITORIUM STRAVINSKY MONTREUX PART 1
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 02/15/13 2:30am

brechten

got tickets for the 1st & 2nd show! i'm VERY impressed with Ticketcorner.ch Never in my life ordering tickets went sooo smooth!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 02/15/13 2:33am

xenophobia2002

Snailey said:

The Dutch Invasion will be there... again. All Day All Night

SO TRUE !!!

I AM LOOKING FOR USED PRINCE CONCERT TICKETS ... https://www.facebook.com/...erttickets
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 02/15/13 2:50am

hjd

brechten said:

got tickets for the 1st & 2nd show! i'm VERY impressed with Ticketcorner.ch Never in my life ordering tickets went sooo smooth!

I second that. Very, very smooth. Got tickets to all three shows for my wife and me and seated tickets to show two for friends. And ticketsales started 10.00 am on the dot!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 02/15/13 3:03am

madness

avatar

i had the same problem, my credit card was denied, i called my bank, they said that they had never even been contacted by this swiss ticket agency. like any crazed fan, i borrowed credit cards from family and friends and was able to get tix to all three shows. and the show in denmark too! now if only i can find out how to come up with the money...

[Edited 2/15/13 7:57am]

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” Mother Teresa
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 02/15/13 3:10am

gettpurple

madness said:

i had the same problem, my credit card was denied, i called my bank, they said that they had never even been contacted by this swiss ticket agency. like any crazed fan, i borrowed credit cards from family and friends and was able to get tix to all three shows. and the show in denmark too! now if only i can find out how to come up with the money...

I'll add though, that its been a dream of mine to see Orince at Montreux. And to see him three times? Does it get any better?

hey which credit card did you end up using? I heard am express is the only one they are taking? i'm having the same issue. thanks!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 02/15/13 3:25am

coffeebreak

I went to buy for saturday 13th but they're all gone!!! sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 02/15/13 3:51am

theonly4ever

avatar

I had to choose one , and 2nd show it is! biggrin

hope it was a good choice...

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius." O.Wilde
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 02/15/13 3:54am

lenis

avatar

I really don't know if I should go to Montreux or Smukfest..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 02/15/13 3:57am

theonly4ever

avatar

lenis said:

I really don't know if I should go to Montreux or Smukfest..

where do you live?

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius." O.Wilde
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 02/15/13 4:03am

andykeen

avatar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21471288

The BBC has a cover story on Prince headlining Montreux cool


Keenmeister
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 02/15/13 4:08am

kangafunk

avatar

Bloody hell, just bought tickets for the 2nd and 3rd shows, now to put my TV, Xbox and 2 guitars on ebay! Too impulsive for my own good!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 02/15/13 4:18am

lenis

avatar

theonly4ever said:



lenis said:


I really don't know if I should go to Montreux or Smukfest..





where do you live?




I live in Copenhagen, Denmark, so Smukfest would be the obvious choice but I'm thinking that Montreux would be an awesome experience.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 02/15/13 4:50am

dJJ

BlackandRising said:

dJJ said:

He wants to pose as a pimp? confused

what you didn't know? Prince is the ultimate pimp. It's in his DNA. The clothes, the jewelry he wears (especially the blinged-out pinky ring) the canes...think about it.

He isn't posing as a pimp, he is a pimp.

Bragging about the amounts of money boy makes by exploiting women is his new style?

Classy.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 02/15/13 4:51am

dJJ

Snailey said:

The Dutch Invasion will be there... again. All Day All Night

Say hello from me

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 02/15/13 6:49am

hjd

Just had a look at the ticketcorner site. Allmost 6 hours after the ticketsales started tickets are still available for show 2 & 3. Tickets are not selling as fast as I thought they would.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 02/15/13 7:53am

madness

avatar

gettpurple said:

madness said:

i had the same problem, my credit card was denied, i called my bank, they said that they had never even been contacted by this swiss ticket agency. like any crazed fan, i borrowed credit cards from family and friends and was able to get tix to all three shows. and the show in denmark too! now if only i can find out how to come up with the money...

I'll add though, that its been a dream of mine to see Orince at Montreux. And to see him three times? Does it get any better?

hey which credit card did you end up using? I heard am express is the only one they are taking? i'm having the same issue. thanks!

I was trying to use a visa from Bank of America, and B of A doesn't have an additional visa authenticating procedure, so it just declined the card without contacting the bank. I got around this by using a friend's visa that has an additional authenticating producure, and another friend's (swiss-based) mastercard. Is your card from B of A?

Good luck!

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” Mother Teresa
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 02/15/13 7:55am

madness

avatar

lenis said:

I really don't know if I should go to Montreux or Smukfest..

Montreux. Well, I've never been to Smukfest, but to Montreux a few times, and seen Prince play at European jazz festivals before, and I can't think of a better combination than Prince at Montreux. So if I had to pick one, it'd be Montreux, hands down. There's no place I'd rather see Prince play than here.

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” Mother Teresa
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 02/15/13 8:08am

teiemka

jethrouk said:

Yas, three tickets one each night. I cannot believe how easy and hassle free that was.

yeahthat

Yes, absolutely painless for tickets, as for accomodation I'm battered and bruised, seriously nasty blackeye

I'm bringing the family, and it's been explained very clearly that Daddy's going to be very busy at nights. headbang

Prince is a musician not a lifestyle.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 02/15/13 8:16am

lenis

avatar

madness said:



lenis said:


I really don't know if I should go to Montreux or Smukfest..




Montreux. Well, I've never been to Smukfest, but to Montreux a few times, and seen Prince play at European jazz festivals before, and I can't think of a better combination than Prince at Montreux. So if I had to pick one, it'd be Montreux, hands down. There's no place I'd rather see Prince play than here.



It's a tough one cause it seems like he is planning something special for Smukfest as well (calling the night The Beautifui Experience) But on the other hand it could turn out as another Greatest hits show since it is a festival which I'm thinking that Montreux won't be!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 02/15/13 8:47am

madness

avatar

lenis said:

madness said:

Montreux. Well, I've never been to Smukfest, but to Montreux a few times, and seen Prince play at European jazz festivals before, and I can't think of a better combination than Prince at Montreux. So if I had to pick one, it'd be Montreux, hands down. There's no place I'd rather see Prince play than here.

It's a tough one cause it seems like he is planning something special for Smukfest as well (calling the night The Beautifui Experience) But on the other hand it could turn out as another Greatest hits show since it is a festival which I'm thinking that Montreux won't be!

It is a tough call. What do you like the most about a Prince concert? If you want to see more improvisation, I would bet you'd find this at Montreux. Personally, I think Prince's genius radiates when he improvises, which is why I'm all about Montreux. I also think he enjoys playing improvisation, and I would bet the Montreaux sets will be long (if they let him, not sure what the rules here on this venue). I am sure if you go to Smukfest you will not be disappointed. And there will still be improvisation, but it will be reigned in a bit.

Another thing to consider is venue capacity. Montreaux is 3500, what size is Smukfest?

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” Mother Teresa
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 02/15/13 9:03am

lenis

avatar

madness said:

lenis said:

madness said: It's a tough one cause it seems like he is planning something special for Smukfest as well (calling the night The Beautifui Experience) But on the other hand it could turn out as another Greatest hits show since it is a festival which I'm thinking that Montreux won't be!

It is a tough call. What do you like the most about a Prince concert? If you want to see more improvisation, I would bet you'd find this at Montreux. Personally, I think Prince's genius radiates when he improvises, which is why I'm all about Montreux. I also think he enjoys playing improvisation, and I would bet the Montreaux sets will be long (if they let him, not sure what the rules here on this venue). I am sure if you go to Smukfest you will not be disappointed. And there will still be improvisation, but it will be reigned in a bit.

Another thing to consider is venue capacity. Montreaux is 3500, what size is Smukfest?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The one concert I've seen that I enjoyed the most was the pre-jam the night before the NPG Festival - so I'm thinking Montreux. Who wouldn't like to be a millionaire right now wink Especially if he does more European countries!

I've actually never been to Smukfest but I think Bøgescenerne can hold about 25.000 people.

The tickets that cost 175 CHF are they for seats or standing?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 02/15/13 9:07am

teiemka

lenis said:

The tickets that cost 175 CHF are they for seats or standing?

Standing

Prince is a musician not a lifestyle.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 02/15/13 9:40am

Fidel

Hei lenis

go to Montreux. If the concerts are only a little bit like 2009 it is going to be awesome

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 02/15/13 9:41am

kinskie

avatar

unfortunately I missed the shows in 2009 sad so now I took the chance and got tickets for all 3 shows. I'm so happy and excited

"I'm not a human, I am a dove. I'm your conscious, I am love"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 02/15/13 10:14am

dJJ

I'm still counting on the lotery.

Just to keep it real.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 02/15/13 11:13am

PurpleProphet

cool

A feeling of self-worth will caress U,
The size of the whole wide world will decrease,
The love of God's creation will undress U,
And time spent alone my friend, will cease.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 02/15/13 2:05pm

mikeyfreedom

kinskie said:

unfortunately I missed the shows in 2009 sad so now I took the chance and got tickets for all 3 shows. I'm so happy and excited

Me too!!!!! Booked an apartment pretty cheaply & going to be an AWESOME 3 days!!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 02/15/13 6:47pm

S3V3N

Grabbed 2 tix for Monday night (standing was the only option).

We were in Stravinsky Auditorium last year for Nile Rogers' party and the modest balcony was the only seating area. If you scored seats, what was the seating chart like? Any chance more tix will come online for Saturday or Sunday?!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 02/15/13 7:32pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

mikeyfreedom said:

kinskie said:

unfortunately I missed the shows in 2009 sad so now I took the chance and got tickets for all 3 shows. I'm so happy and excited

Me too!!!!! Booked an apartment pretty cheaply & going to be an AWESOME 3 days!!!!

Hope it as good for ya'll as the one in 2009--I'm listening to it right now... cloud9

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 02/15/13 10:10pm

dnikkiadore

avatar

I am so pleased that ticket buying went so smoothly yesterday. I am coming from Australia so it was imperative i got them.. show 2 and 3 were my choice and thats exactly what i got! and all by 10.05am (8.05 pm here in Sydney)!

I am also going to Smukfest.. i think im going to ignore the fact that flights and accom to zurich and aarhus will be ridiculous,,..but only one man id do it for!!!

Hoping for London shows too! headbang headbang

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > PRINCE PLAYS MONTREUX 2013 !!!! 13 + 14 + 15 JULY 2013 AUDITORIUM STRAVINSKY MONTREUX PART 1