independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Support acts , what's happening?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/09/07 10:50am

dodgydicko

avatar

Support acts , what's happening?

So far i have attended the opening night and have 2 more gigs planned , there was no support act on the first night , i know Nikka Costa appeared on the 4th of August but has there been any more and are there anymore in the pipeline?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/09/07 12:22pm

Tokyo

Yeah I hear that...anyone know...

And ps Spurs to get the 4th Champions league spot...heheheheheh (sic)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/09/07 4:20pm

omnithanos

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/09/07 4:29pm

omnithanos

avatar

Seems my last message got erased cos I was only talking about Spurs and not Prince concerts.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/09/07 4:34pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

Tokyo said:

Yeah I hear that...anyone know...

And ps Spurs to get the 4th Champions league spot...heheheheheh (sic)


Darren Bent the 16.5 million pound bargain!?!
.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/10/07 4:54am

Petdroo

I dont know i was nearley at the back on the 1st aug, and the bloody screen was not working, great show, how ever no support,I heard Wendy & Lisa were meant to be with him on this tour..any one know why they didnt show??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/10/07 5:24pm

DoMeBaby69

Petdroo said:

I dont know i was nearley at the back on the 1st aug, and the bloody screen was not working, great show, how ever no support,I heard Wendy & Lisa were meant to be with him on this tour..any one know why they didnt show??


BEVERLEY KNIGHT supported Prince tonight (Friday 10th August). She was great.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/11/07 12:16pm

DoMeBaby69

DoMeBaby69 said:

Petdroo said:

I dont know i was nearley at the back on the 1st aug, and the bloody screen was not working, great show, how ever no support,I heard Wendy & Lisa were meant to be with him on this tour..any one know why they didnt show??


BEVERLEY KNIGHT supported Prince tonight (Friday 10th August). She was great.



02 informed me today that Beverley Knight will also be supporting Prince on 16th September.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/11/07 2:09pm

One4All4Ever

DoMeBaby69 said:

DoMeBaby69 said:



BEVERLEY KNIGHT supported Prince tonight (Friday 10th August). She was great.



02 informed me today that Beverley Knight will also be supporting Prince on 16th September.


woot! THAT'S MY NITE !!! excited drool ... ok ... relax now ... the max is in control ... P, if you do the aftershow on 16/9 you can have my wife for the night! ok ?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/11/07 2:16pm

DoMeBaby69

One4All4Ever said:

DoMeBaby69 said:




02 informed me today that Beverley Knight will also be supporting Prince on 16th September.


woot! THAT'S MY NITE !!! excited drool ... ok ... relax now ... the max is in control ... P, if you do the aftershow on 16/9 you can have my wife for the night! ok ?


Ha Ha - actually I'd like to see P and BK get it on together. I think they'd make a great couple.

Glad to have brought you happy news anyway - I will also be there on 16th but I saw BK last night already. Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/11/07 2:19pm

One4All4Ever

DoMeBaby69 said:

One4All4Ever said:



woot! THAT'S MY NITE !!! excited drool ... ok ... relax now ... the max is in control ... P, if you do the aftershow on 16/9 you can have my wife for the night! ok ?


Ha Ha - actually I'd like to see P and BK get it on together. I think they'd make a great couple.

Glad to have brought you happy news anyway - I will also be there on 16th but I saw BK last night already. Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!


I'm genuinly happy 4 you .... there's 2 much hatin' going around anyway hug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/12/07 7:00am

PriceAndTheRev
olution

(Ab)using my position as a high-powered superstar music critic, I attempted to squeeze some info out of Prince's PR people about support acts for the remaining dates, but even they didn't know - Prince doesn't tell them!

So, if anyone hears any rumours, please do post them here.

I'd love to see Amy Winehouse, especially if they duet together, but given her current... er... difficulties, perhaps that's off the agenda.

In general, though, I think I'd rather just see a 2h30 Prince show than a 1h30 Prince show with a mediocre support act.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/12/07 7:46am

PriceAndTheRev
olution

Oh, by the way, I do know that it's Common on Aug 24.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/12/07 8:27am

1979Agr8year

PriceAndTheRevolution said:

Oh, by the way, I do know that it's Common on Aug 24.


How do you know for sure that Common is supporting on 24th? There are so many people on here using rumours from other websites. If its true it will be awesome!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/12/07 3:24pm

One4All4Ever

PriceAndTheRevolution said:

(Ab)using my position as a high-powered superstar music critic, I attempted to squeeze some info out of Prince's PR people about support acts for the remaining dates, but even they didn't know - Prince doesn't tell them!

So, if anyone hears any rumours, please do post them here.

I'd love to see Amy Winehouse, especially if they duet together, but given her current... er... difficulties, perhaps that's off the agenda.

In general, though, I think I'd rather just see a 2h30 Prince show than a 1h30 Prince show with a mediocre support act.


If he doesn't like drunks in the audience, he'd 4 sure wouldn't like them on stage falloff
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/22/07 3:21am

PriceAndTheRev
olution

1979Agr8year said:

PriceAndTheRevolution said:

Oh, by the way, I do know that it's Common on Aug 24.


How do you know for sure that Common is supporting on 24th? There are so many people on here using rumours from other websites. If its true it will be awesome!


Common's record company are sending out a press release about it, so it's true.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/22/07 7:54am

1979Agr8year

PriceAndTheRevolution said:

1979Agr8year said:



How do you know for sure that Common is supporting on 24th? There are so many people on here using rumours from other websites. If its true it will be awesome!


Common's record company are sending out a press release about it, so it's true.


Is he doing support and aftershow or just aftershow? His MySpace has him performing in Toronto on 24/8 - its a mistake as actually 24/9!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/22/07 10:25am

bungle

Anyone know whos support on 31st?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Support acts , what's happening?