independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > superhero news #3
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 04/21/22 2:04pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Does the first Wonder Woman movie count as apart of the DCEU? Is so that's my favorite DC movie

Yeah, it does. And I actually forgot about that lol Yeah, Wonder Woman is definitely the best DCEU movie. Even though the last 20 minutes of it was completely unnecessary.

The only thing good IMO about Batman V Superman and the Justice League movie was Wonder Woman. Getting Gal Gabot as Wonder Woman was like the only thing they did right.

The outrage over Gal Gadot's $300,000 paycheck for Wonder Woman, explained  - Vox

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 04/21/22 11:27pm

JorisE73

EmmaMcG said:

JorisE73 said:


I don't know, I think they'll use Tobey maguire to introduce Miles Morales as a new Spiderman.
I haven't seen Morbius yet so i don't know in which universe he and Venom fit.

It wouldn't be a bad way of introducing Miles Morales into the MCU. I think it would be a bit soon though. The three Tom Holland movies are essentially just his version's origin story. I have no doubt that Marvel probably will rush into introducing Miles Morales just for a bit of diversity, but I personally think it's too soon. I don't think you've seen No Way Home so I'll avoid saying anything too spoilery, but I think the best way of introducing Miles Morales would be through a new Andrew Garfield movie. It would make more sense for his character and where he's at to act as a mentor to a new Spider-Man. Something to give his life purpose now that he's on his own. That's how I'd do it anyway. Morbius is not only a bad movie but it also doesn't seem to fit in with any of the established universes. It doesn't really make sense. Even by comic book movie standards.


I've seen No Way Home and thought it was just lame and corny, onbly the Dr Strange stuff was interesting.
Like I said earlier, this movie just showed how bad Tom Holland is as Spiderman compared to Garfield and even Maguire.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 04/22/22 1:12am

EmmaMcG

JorisE73 said:



EmmaMcG said:


JorisE73 said:



I don't know, I think they'll use Tobey maguire to introduce Miles Morales as a new Spiderman.
I haven't seen Morbius yet so i don't know in which universe he and Venom fit.



It wouldn't be a bad way of introducing Miles Morales into the MCU. I think it would be a bit soon though. The three Tom Holland movies are essentially just his version's origin story. I have no doubt that Marvel probably will rush into introducing Miles Morales just for a bit of diversity, but I personally think it's too soon. I don't think you've seen No Way Home so I'll avoid saying anything too spoilery, but I think the best way of introducing Miles Morales would be through a new Andrew Garfield movie. It would make more sense for his character and where he's at to act as a mentor to a new Spider-Man. Something to give his life purpose now that he's on his own. That's how I'd do it anyway. Morbius is not only a bad movie but it also doesn't seem to fit in with any of the established universes. It doesn't really make sense. Even by comic book movie standards.


I've seen No Way Home and thought it was just lame and corny, onbly the Dr Strange stuff was interesting.
Like I said earlier, this movie just showed how bad Tom Holland is as Spiderman compared to Garfield and even Maguire.



Yeah I don't think Tom Holland is as good as an actor as the other two guys in general. His Spider-Man movies have been just one long origin story though and he's yet to have a proper starring role in any of them. He's always kind of playing second fiddle to more interesting characters. It was Iron Man in the first movie, Mysterio in the second movie and the other two Spider-Men (and Dr Strange) in the third movie. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how he fares in the next movie, where he will presumably be going solo.

Ok, so don't you think an Amazing Spider-Man 3 makes more sense to introduce Miles Morales than Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4? Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man has settled down with MJ and is already living happily ever after in his universe. As much as I'd love to see another movie with him, I don't think it's necessary. Andrew Garfield, on the other hand, is alone and depressed. Saving Zendaya and interacting with his variants will give him a boost but he still had to go back to his own universe where he has admitted to being miserable. Enter Miles Morales. All of a sudden he has someone to talk to, share his experience with and, in typical corny Hollywood fashion, Miles can teach him how to pull back his punches and be a better (Spider) man.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 04/22/22 1:43am

JorisE73

EmmaMcG said:

JorisE73 said:


I've seen No Way Home and thought it was just lame and corny, onbly the Dr Strange stuff was interesting.
Like I said earlier, this movie just showed how bad Tom Holland is as Spiderman compared to Garfield and even Maguire.

Yeah I don't think Tom Holland is as good as an actor as the other two guys in general. His Spider-Man movies have been just one long origin story though and he's yet to have a proper starring role in any of them. He's always kind of playing second fiddle to more interesting characters. It was Iron Man in the first movie, Mysterio in the second movie and the other two Spider-Men (and Dr Strange) in the third movie. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how he fares in the next movie, where he will presumably be going solo. Ok, so don't you think an Amazing Spider-Man 3 makes more sense to introduce Miles Morales than Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4? Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man has settled down with MJ and is already living happily ever after in his universe. As much as I'd love to see another movie with him, I don't think it's necessary. Andrew Garfield, on the other hand, is alone and depressed. Saving Zendaya and interacting with his variants will give him a boost but he still had to go back to his own universe where he has admitted to being miserable. Enter Miles Morales. All of a sudden he has someone to talk to, share his experience with and, in typical corny Hollywood fashion, Miles can teach him how to pull back his punches and be a better (Spider) man.


Could be, I was just thinking that because Maguire Spiderman is now older and Garfield is essentially broken, Maguire wouldbe the one to introduce him and enter the Spider-verse to "save" Garfield.
In a next Spiderman movie Tom Holland will again be a supporting character but now to Venom becuase of that little piece of Symbiote that was left behind by other universe Eddie Brock in that bar.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 04/22/22 3:13am

EmmaMcG

JorisE73 said:



EmmaMcG said:


JorisE73 said:



I've seen No Way Home and thought it was just lame and corny, onbly the Dr Strange stuff was interesting.
Like I said earlier, this movie just showed how bad Tom Holland is as Spiderman compared to Garfield and even Maguire.



Yeah I don't think Tom Holland is as good as an actor as the other two guys in general. His Spider-Man movies have been just one long origin story though and he's yet to have a proper starring role in any of them. He's always kind of playing second fiddle to more interesting characters. It was Iron Man in the first movie, Mysterio in the second movie and the other two Spider-Men (and Dr Strange) in the third movie. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how he fares in the next movie, where he will presumably be going solo. Ok, so don't you think an Amazing Spider-Man 3 makes more sense to introduce Miles Morales than Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4? Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man has settled down with MJ and is already living happily ever after in his universe. As much as I'd love to see another movie with him, I don't think it's necessary. Andrew Garfield, on the other hand, is alone and depressed. Saving Zendaya and interacting with his variants will give him a boost but he still had to go back to his own universe where he has admitted to being miserable. Enter Miles Morales. All of a sudden he has someone to talk to, share his experience with and, in typical corny Hollywood fashion, Miles can teach him how to pull back his punches and be a better (Spider) man.


Could be, I was just thinking that because Maguire Spiderman is now older and Garfield is essentially broken, Maguire wouldbe the one to introduce him and enter the Spider-verse to "save" Garfield.
In a next Spiderman movie Tom Holland will again be a supporting character but now to Venom becuase of that little piece of Symbiote that was left behind by other universe Eddie Brock in that bar.



Wouldn't it make more sense to have Venom as an actual villain in the next Spider-Man movie? I don't know the whole history of the character but hasn't he traditionally been portrayed as a bad guy? I wouldn't consider the hero of a movie as a supporting character to the villain. Although I'm sure there are numerous examples of that that I just can't think of off the top of my head.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 04/22/22 5:59am

uPtoWnNY

JorisE73 said:

EmmaMcG said:

JorisE73 said: I don't see that happening to be honest. Those last Avengers movies might not have been your cup of tea but they made boatloads of cash and received pretty high critical acclaim. As a business, Disney would be incredibly stupid to just start over at this point. They are working on a new Fantastic Four movie though and they have the rights to X-Men now so hopefully there's some sort of middle ground that can be reached that would make you happy while also continuing to appeal to everyone else.



I hope so. I just would finally like to see a comic acurate portrayal of MCU characters for a change instead of these cartoony Disneyfied and even some useless to plain boring and badly executed characters who are just there because they have the rights to them (Hulk, Shang Chi, Eternals, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Spiderman, all those useless Shield ops etc. too many to name)
Not that Tobey Maguire was that great as Spiderman but I hear he's back in Dr Strange 2 so that's better than that Tom Holland guy. The only good one to me is still Andrew Garfield but we probbaly won't see him anymore.


Exactly. They did it with Star Wars and they're doing it with Marvel characters.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 04/22/22 6:27am

EmmaMcG

uPtoWnNY said:



JorisE73 said:




EmmaMcG said:


JorisE73 said: I don't see that happening to be honest. Those last Avengers movies might not have been your cup of tea but they made boatloads of cash and received pretty high critical acclaim. As a business, Disney would be incredibly stupid to just start over at this point. They are working on a new Fantastic Four movie though and they have the rights to X-Men now so hopefully there's some sort of middle ground that can be reached that would make you happy while also continuing to appeal to everyone else.



I hope so. I just would finally like to see a comic acurate portrayal of MCU characters for a change instead of these cartoony Disneyfied and even some useless to plain boring and badly executed characters who are just there because they have the rights to them (Hulk, Shang Chi, Eternals, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Spiderman, all those useless Shield ops etc. too many to name)
Not that Tobey Maguire was that great as Spiderman but I hear he's back in Dr Strange 2 so that's better than that Tom Holland guy. The only good one to me is still Andrew Garfield but we probbaly won't see him anymore.





Exactly. They did it with Star Wars and they're doing it with Marvel characters.



Yeah because Episode 6: Return Of The Teddy Bear's Picnic and the prequels, which were practically cartoons themselves, were SO much more grounded and adult lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 04/22/22 6:40am

uPtoWnNY

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Exactly. They did it with Star Wars and they're doing it with Marvel characters.

Yeah because Episode 6: Return Of The Teddy Bear's Picnic and the prequels, which were practically cartoons themselves, were SO much more grounded and adult lol

I said many times Star Wars jumped-the-shark with ROTJ. But even that movie and the prequels were better than what followed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 04/22/22 6:51am

EmmaMcG

uPtoWnNY said:



EmmaMcG said:


uPtoWnNY said:



Exactly. They did it with Star Wars and they're doing it with Marvel characters.



Yeah because Episode 6: Return Of The Teddy Bear's Picnic and the prequels, which were practically cartoons themselves, were SO much more grounded and adult lol


I said many times Star Wars jumped-the-shark with ROTJ. But even that movie and the prequels were better than what followed.



My comment was half tongue-in-cheek. I know a lot of you guys are far bigger Star Wars fans than I am so I'd never presume to tell you what works and what doesn't when it comes to the overall series. But for me, Rogue One and The Mandalorian are far better than anything George Lucas did after Episode 5.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 04/22/22 8:44am

2freaky

The Villain is the star.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 04/22/22 10:12am

MickyDolenz

avatar

‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ Banned in Saudi Arabia
by Alex Ritman | April 22, 2022 | The Hollywood Reporter

Xochitl Gomez, Benedict Wong and Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'

Disney and the MCU have fallen foul of Gulf censors once more.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Marvel’s long-awaited follow-up to the hit 2016 superhero film starring Benedict Cumberbatch, has been banned in Saudi Arabia. Rumors began emerging online early on Friday, with The Hollywood Reporter now officially confirming the decision. THR has heard that the ban also applies to Kuwait, although this hasn’t yet been confirmed.

While the film is yet to be released and also hasn’t yet been reviewed, the decision is once again said to be related to LGBTQ issues, according to Middle East sources, with the new sequel introducing the character America Chavez (played by Xochitl Gomez) who, as per her portrayal in the comics, is gay. With homosexuality officially illegal across the Gulf, films that feature any LGBTQ references or issues often fail to get past censors.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was due to be released across the Gulf on May 5 as part of its global rollout. While advanced tickets are no longer available on the websites of cinemas in Saudi, Kuwait and Qatar, they are in the United Arab Emirates, suggesting it will be released there.

The film follows on the heels of Chloe Zhao’s Eternals, which was banned across much of the Gulf in November following the inclusion of a same-gender couple in the film and the MCU’s first gay superhero. At the time, THR understood that censors had requested a series of edits to be made that Disney was not willing to make. An edited version did screen in the U.A.E., however.

In January, West Side Story was also stopped from hitting cinemas in Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E., Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait. This time, regional sources told THR the decision was due to the character Anybodys, written as transgender in the new adaptation and played by nonbinary actress Iris Menas.

You can take a black guy to Nashville from right out of the cotton fields with bib overalls, and they will call him R&B. You can take a white guy in a pin-stripe suit who’s never seen a cotton field, and they will call him country. ~ O. B. McClinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 04/22/22 10:51am

EmmaMcG

MickyDolenz said:

‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ Banned in Saudi Arabia
by Alex Ritman | April 22, 2022 | The Hollywood Reporter

Xochitl Gomez, Benedict Wong and Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'

Disney and the MCU have fallen foul of Gulf censors once more.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Marvel’s long-awaited follow-up to the hit 2016 superhero film starring Benedict Cumberbatch, has been banned in Saudi Arabia. Rumors began emerging online early on Friday, with The Hollywood Reporter now officially confirming the decision. THR has heard that the ban also applies to Kuwait, although this hasn’t yet been confirmed.

While the film is yet to be released and also hasn’t yet been reviewed, the decision is once again said to be related to LGBTQ issues, according to Middle East sources, with the new sequel introducing the character America Chavez (played by Xochitl Gomez) who, as per her portrayal in the comics, is gay. With homosexuality officially illegal across the Gulf, films that feature any LGBTQ references or issues often fail to get past censors.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was due to be released across the Gulf on May 5 as part of its global rollout. While advanced tickets are no longer available on the websites of cinemas in Saudi, Kuwait and Qatar, they are in the United Arab Emirates, suggesting it will be released there.

The film follows on the heels of Chloe Zhao’s Eternals, which was banned across much of the Gulf in November following the inclusion of a same-gender couple in the film and the MCU’s first gay superhero. At the time, THR understood that censors had requested a series of edits to be made that Disney was not willing to make. An edited version did screen in the U.A.E., however.

In January, West Side Story was also stopped from hitting cinemas in Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E., Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait. This time, regional sources told THR the decision was due to the character Anybodys, written as transgender in the new adaptation and played by nonbinary actress Iris Menas.



I'm sure Disney will survive if a few lunatics don't see the movie.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 04/22/22 11:36am

uPtoWnNY

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I said many times Star Wars jumped-the-shark with ROTJ. But even that movie and the prequels were better than what followed.

My comment was half tongue-in-cheek. I know a lot of you guys are far bigger Star Wars fans than I am so I'd never presume to tell you what works and what doesn't when it comes to the overall series. But for me, Rogue One and The Mandalorian are far better than anything George Lucas did after Episode 5.

nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 05/02/22 3:02am

JorisE73

uPtoWnNY said:

JorisE73 said:



I hope so. I just would finally like to see a comic acurate portrayal of MCU characters for a change instead of these cartoony Disneyfied and even some useless to plain boring and badly executed characters who are just there because they have the rights to them (Hulk, Shang Chi, Eternals, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Spiderman, all those useless Shield ops etc. too many to name)
Not that Tobey Maguire was that great as Spiderman but I hear he's back in Dr Strange 2 so that's better than that Tom Holland guy. The only good one to me is still Andrew Garfield but we probbaly won't see him anymore.


Exactly. They did it with Star Wars and they're doing it with Marvel characters.


Man, When I read that script of Trevorrows Star Wars - Episode 9: Duel of the Fates it read like a actual Star Wars movie and could have made that trilogy actually really good without that stupid Rey 'Skywalker' and Palpatine nonsense. Having Darth Plagius The Wise train Kylo Ren and Kylo being the main villain and he betraying Plagius like Palpatine supposedly did is some awesome stuff. Having Luke constantly haunt him and showing him baddass force things. What could have been, right? But instead we got J.J. retconning everything and making a horrible movie with a really bad story.

Here's some highlights from the script:

Star Wars: 10 Coolest Ide...nrant.com)



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 05/02/22 3:06am

JorisE73

EmmaMcG said:

MickyDolenz said:

‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ Banned in Saudi Arabia
by Alex Ritman | April 22, 2022 | The Hollywood Reporter

Xochitl Gomez, Benedict Wong and Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'

Disney and the MCU have fallen foul of Gulf censors once more.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Marvel’s long-awaited follow-up to the hit 2016 superhero film starring Benedict Cumberbatch, has been banned in Saudi Arabia. Rumors began emerging online early on Friday, with The Hollywood Reporter now officially confirming the decision. THR has heard that the ban also applies to Kuwait, although this hasn’t yet been confirmed.

While the film is yet to be released and also hasn’t yet been reviewed, the decision is once again said to be related to LGBTQ issues, according to Middle East sources, with the new sequel introducing the character America Chavez (played by Xochitl Gomez) who, as per her portrayal in the comics, is gay. With homosexuality officially illegal across the Gulf, films that feature any LGBTQ references or issues often fail to get past censors.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was due to be released across the Gulf on May 5 as part of its global rollout. While advanced tickets are no longer available on the websites of cinemas in Saudi, Kuwait and Qatar, they are in the United Arab Emirates, suggesting it will be released there.

The film follows on the heels of Chloe Zhao’s Eternals, which was banned across much of the Gulf in November following the inclusion of a same-gender couple in the film and the MCU’s first gay superhero. At the time, THR understood that censors had requested a series of edits to be made that Disney was not willing to make. An edited version did screen in the U.A.E., however.

In January, West Side Story was also stopped from hitting cinemas in Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E., Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait. This time, regional sources told THR the decision was due to the character Anybodys, written as transgender in the new adaptation and played by nonbinary actress Iris Menas.

I'm sure Disney will survive if a few lunatics don't see the movie.



Talking about lunatics, it seems some MCU fans are planning to boycot this movie because Marvel accidentally leaked an appearance (won;t spoil it) fighting Wanda in a TV Spot last week and now they are angry. lol lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 05/02/22 9:23am

kpowers

avatar

JorisE73 said:

EmmaMcG said:

MickyDolenz said: I'm sure Disney will survive if a few lunatics don't see the movie.



Talking about lunatics, it seems some MCU fans are planning to boycot this movie because Marvel accidentally leaked an appearance (won;t spoil it) fighting Wanda in a TV Spot last week and now they are angry. lol lol lol

Why boycott?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 05/02/22 9:24am

kpowers

avatar

Maybe the multi-verse can fix the DC universe lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 05/02/22 10:34am

EmmaMcG

JorisE73 said:



EmmaMcG said:


MickyDolenz said:

‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ Banned in Saudi Arabia
by Alex Ritman | April 22, 2022 | The Hollywood Reporter

Xochitl Gomez, Benedict Wong and Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'

Disney and the MCU have fallen foul of Gulf censors once more.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Marvel’s long-awaited follow-up to the hit 2016 superhero film starring Benedict Cumberbatch, has been banned in Saudi Arabia. Rumors began emerging online early on Friday, with The Hollywood Reporter now officially confirming the decision. THR has heard that the ban also applies to Kuwait, although this hasn’t yet been confirmed.

While the film is yet to be released and also hasn’t yet been reviewed, the decision is once again said to be related to LGBTQ issues, according to Middle East sources, with the new sequel introducing the character America Chavez (played by Xochitl Gomez) who, as per her portrayal in the comics, is gay. With homosexuality officially illegal across the Gulf, films that feature any LGBTQ references or issues often fail to get past censors.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was due to be released across the Gulf on May 5 as part of its global rollout. While advanced tickets are no longer available on the websites of cinemas in Saudi, Kuwait and Qatar, they are in the United Arab Emirates, suggesting it will be released there.

The film follows on the heels of Chloe Zhao’s Eternals, which was banned across much of the Gulf in November following the inclusion of a same-gender couple in the film and the MCU’s first gay superhero. At the time, THR understood that censors had requested a series of edits to be made that Disney was not willing to make. An edited version did screen in the U.A.E., however.

In January, West Side Story was also stopped from hitting cinemas in Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E., Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait. This time, regional sources told THR the decision was due to the character Anybodys, written as transgender in the new adaptation and played by nonbinary actress Iris Menas.



I'm sure Disney will survive if a few lunatics don't see the movie.



Talking about lunatics, it seems some MCU fans are planning to boycot this movie because Marvel accidentally leaked an appearance (won;t spoil it) fighting Wanda in a TV Spot last week and now they are angry. lol lol lol



I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are fucking weird lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 05/02/22 10:39am

EmmaMcG

kpowers said:

Maybe the multi-verse can fix the DC universe lol




I genuinely hope that it can. Batman and Superman are my two favourite superheroes and I don't like how either of them are being treated by WB. The new Batman movie was ok but I already know that I'll never watch it again. I'd rather watch Batman Forever because at least that's shorter. And I like Val Kilmer wink

And I read somewhere that WB are pushing forward with their black Superman movie. Which, if they were using the actual black Superman from the comics, I'd be fine with. But they're making Clark Kent black which just screams "diversity for the sake of it". And that never works out well. Remember Oceans Eight?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 05/02/22 11:33am

uPtoWnNY

EmmaMcG said:

And I read somewhere that WB are pushing forward with their black Superman movie. Which, if they were using the actual black Superman from the comics, I'd be fine with. But they're making Clark Kent black which just screams "diversity for the sake of it". And that never works out well. Remember Oceans Eight?

nod disbelief

I won't be watching, that's for sure. I hate when these clowns rewrite the source material.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 05/02/22 4:51pm

kpowers

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

EmmaMcG said:

And I read somewhere that WB are pushing forward with their black Superman movie. Which, if they were using the actual black Superman from the comics, I'd be fine with. But they're making Clark Kent black which just screams "diversity for the sake of it". And that never works out well. Remember Oceans Eight?

nod disbelief

I won't be watching, that's for sure. I hate when these clowns rewrite the source material.

yeahthat

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 05/02/22 4:52pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Maybe the multi-verse can fix the DC universe lol

I genuinely hope that it can. Batman and Superman are my two favourite superheroes and I don't like how either of them are being treated by WB. The new Batman movie was ok but I already know that I'll never watch it again. I'd rather watch Batman Forever because at least that's shorter. And I like Val Kilmer wink And I read somewhere that WB are pushing forward with their black Superman movie. Which, if they were using the actual black Superman from the comics, I'd be fine with. But they're making Clark Kent black which just screams "diversity for the sake of it". And that never works out well. Remember Oceans Eight?

And it just keeps getting worse and worse

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 05/03/22 12:42am

JorisE73

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Maybe the multi-verse can fix the DC universe lol

I genuinely hope that it can. Batman and Superman are my two favourite superheroes and I don't like how either of them are being treated by WB. The new Batman movie was ok but I already know that I'll never watch it again. I'd rather watch Batman Forever because at least that's shorter. And I like Val Kilmer wink And I read somewhere that WB are pushing forward with their black Superman movie. Which, if they were using the actual black Superman from the comics, I'd be fine with. But they're making Clark Kent black which just screams "diversity for the sake of it". And that never works out well. Remember Oceans Eight?


I read that to, but I thought there would be a Val Zod HBOMAX show which could be realy good, but now they have J.J. Abrams looking at making Clark Kent black and make him some savior of the oppressed only instead of a beacon of hope for everyone.

If that is true then why don't they just create a new superhero, Anti-ism-Man or something for example, and use that instead of destroying an established hero. Or just label it 'Elseworlds: A Superman fantasy'.
I don't get it why they keep giving Abrams all these big IP's when all he's done is destroy them.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 05/03/22 2:38am

EmmaMcG

JorisE73 said:



EmmaMcG said:


kpowers said:

Maybe the multi-verse can fix the DC universe lol



I genuinely hope that it can. Batman and Superman are my two favourite superheroes and I don't like how either of them are being treated by WB. The new Batman movie was ok but I already know that I'll never watch it again. I'd rather watch Batman Forever because at least that's shorter. And I like Val Kilmer wink And I read somewhere that WB are pushing forward with their black Superman movie. Which, if they were using the actual black Superman from the comics, I'd be fine with. But they're making Clark Kent black which just screams "diversity for the sake of it". And that never works out well. Remember Oceans Eight?


I read that to, but I thought there would be a Val Zod HBOMAX show which could be realy good, but now they have J.J. Abrams looking at making Clark Kent black and make him some savior of the oppressed only instead of a beacon of hope for everyone.


If that is true then why don't they just create a new superhero, Anti-ism-Man or something for example, and use that instead of destroying an established hero. Or just label it 'Elseworlds: A Superman fantasy'.
I don't get it why they keep giving Abrams all these big IP's when all he's done is destroy them.



Mission Impossible 3 was pretty good. It's been all downhill since then though for JJ Abrams. I liked Super 8 too.

I was never a fan of Star Trek so his version didn't really have much impact on me one way or another. I can barely remember it but I think I remember liking the movie at the time? Maybe?

We've all discussed his Star Wars movies to death at this point so I don't think we need to go over all that again. I liked them as individual movies but I 100% understand that long time Star Wars fans wouldn't like them.

I can't think of anything else he's directed. From a quality point of view, his filmography isn't great. I can only assume that his movies make a lot of money so studios will still back him as long as he brings the box office.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 05/03/22 2:49am

JorisE73

EmmaMcG said:

JorisE73 said:


I read that to, but I thought there would be a Val Zod HBOMAX show which could be realy good, but now they have J.J. Abrams looking at making Clark Kent black and make him some savior of the oppressed only instead of a beacon of hope for everyone.

If that is true then why don't they just create a new superhero, Anti-ism-Man or something for example, and use that instead of destroying an established hero. Or just label it 'Elseworlds: A Superman fantasy'.
I don't get it why they keep giving Abrams all these big IP's when all he's done is destroy them.

Mission Impossible 3 was pretty good. It's been all downhill since then though for JJ Abrams. I liked Super 8 too. I was never a fan of Star Trek so his version didn't really have much impact on me one way or another. I can barely remember it but I think I remember liking the movie at the time? Maybe? We've all discussed his Star Wars movies to death at this point so I don't think we need to go over all that again. I liked them as individual movies but I 100% understand that long time Star Wars fans wouldn't like them. I can't think of anything else he's directed. From a quality point of view, his filmography isn't great. I can only assume that his movies make a lot of money so studios will still back him as long as he brings the box office.


Yeah, i consider him a bit like Michael Bay. All SFX and no substance. Bay's movies also make a lot of money but there even worse than Roland Emmerich movies and that says a lot.
Regarding Abrams, I think Lost was also his and thats the only thing he did that I really cherish and love. All his movies lack something and make them pretty much unwatchale to me MI3 and Super 8 included.
I loved the Super 8 teaser in Portal 2 and was really hyped for it, and than came the movie that I still think is E.T. without the same feel. Maybe that's because i'm older and saw E.T. when I was 8 or so at the movies. My 10 year old daughter loves Super 8 and E.T. tho so it's probably a generational thing.

[Edited 5/3/22 2:55am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 05/03/22 6:29am

EmmaMcG

kpowers said:

Maybe the multi-verse can fix the DC universe lol



Speaking of the multiverse, I'm getting a late birthday present tomorrow by going to the Irish premier of Dr Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness. I think this is the last premier I'm going to get to go to before my move to Japan in June sad . Unless I can weasel myself into Top Gun or Lightyear. But I doubt it.

Anyway, I'll be posting my impressions on here after I see it and if you don't hear from me between now and then, it's because I'm going to be avoiding the internet completely until after I've seen the movie so I can avoid any spoilers.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 05/03/22 12:43pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

trailer 2

You can take a black guy to Nashville from right out of the cotton fields with bib overalls, and they will call him R&B. You can take a white guy in a pin-stripe suit who’s never seen a cotton field, and they will call him country. ~ O. B. McClinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 05/03/22 1:09pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

Dr. Strange (1978) Blu Ray
Release: April 26, 2022

New High-Definition Transfer And Restoration From The Original Film Elements
New Audio Commentary By Pop Culture Historian Russell Dyball And The Panel Jumper Host Cole Hornaday

(93 min) Enter a world filled with sorcerers, powerful supernatural forces and bizarre enchantments as the famed Marvel Comics superhero Dr. Strange comes to life to battle the forces of evil.

A modern hospital may seem worlds apart from the days of ancient sorcerers. But for psychiatrist Stephen Strange (Peter Hooten, Orca) and his patient Clea Lake (Eddie Benton, Sledge Hammer!), this is where those worlds collide ... and the nightmare begins! Nothing Stephen Strange learned in medical school could prepare him for an attack by an evil sorceress from the "fourth dimension," Morgan le Fay (Jessica Walter, Arrested Development), a villainess who plans an invasion of unimaginable evil on Earth. Chosen by an ancient guardian of the spirit world to learn the mystic arts to defeat Morgan and safeguard the Earth, Stephen Strange must take the place of the Earth's last sorcerer. Come along for a fantastic adventure into the "fourth dimension" with ... Dr. Strange!

You can take a black guy to Nashville from right out of the cotton fields with bib overalls, and they will call him R&B. You can take a white guy in a pin-stripe suit who’s never seen a cotton field, and they will call him country. ~ O. B. McClinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 05/03/22 2:26pm

EmmaMcG

MickyDolenz said:

trailer 2




My ex boyfriend had a dog called Krypto.

It's a shame that The Rock and Kevin Hart are in this. I would have liked to see it otherwise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 05/04/22 2:01am

JorisE73

MickyDolenz said:

Dr. Strange (1978) Blu Ray
Release: April 26, 2022

New High-Definition Transfer And Restoration From The Original Film Elements
New Audio Commentary By Pop Culture Historian Russell Dyball And The Panel Jumper Host Cole Hornaday

(93 min) Enter a world filled with sorcerers, powerful supernatural forces and bizarre enchantments as the famed Marvel Comics superhero Dr. Strange comes to life to battle the forces of evil.

A modern hospital may seem worlds apart from the days of ancient sorcerers. But for psychiatrist Stephen Strange (Peter Hooten, Orca) and his patient Clea Lake (Eddie Benton, Sledge Hammer!), this is where those worlds collide ... and the nightmare begins! Nothing Stephen Strange learned in medical school could prepare him for an attack by an evil sorceress from the "fourth dimension," Morgan le Fay (Jessica Walter, Arrested Development), a villainess who plans an invasion of unimaginable evil on Earth. Chosen by an ancient guardian of the spirit world to learn the mystic arts to defeat Morgan and safeguard the Earth, Stephen Strange must take the place of the Earth's last sorcerer. Come along for a fantastic adventure into the "fourth dimension" with ... Dr. Strange!


Wow, I completely forgot about this movie! I saw it when I was a kid and thought it was the weirdest movie i've ever seen lol Especially after Superman came out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > superhero news #3