independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Very First Song
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/20/21 7:44pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Very First Song

What is the very, Very, VERY first song you remember as an young human being?

For me, it was "The Candy Man" from Sammy Davis, Jr.

After that, it was a couple of Three Dog Night songs.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/21/21 1:41am

Phase3

Probably "Bad boy" by Miami sound machine

https://youtu.be/oQbR6NsqN88

I heard it playing during the opening credits for the movie "3 men and a baby"
[Edited 9/21/21 1:42am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/21/21 7:04am

onlyforaminute

avatar

Hey Jude, Beatles.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/21/21 7:38am

MickyDolenz

avatar

Probably the Speed Racer theme song or We Are Soldiers because I went to church all the time and also my grandmother had gospel & sermon records. "Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer. He's a demon on wheels. He's a demon and he's gonna be chasin' after someone" lol

You can take a black guy to Nashville from right out of the cotton fields with bib overalls, and they will call him R&B. You can take a white guy in a pin-stripe suit who’s never seen a cotton field, and they will call him country. ~ O. B. McClinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/21/21 8:17am

EmmaMcG

avatar

I wouldn't be able to pinpoint one particular song but it was probably one of the following;

Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Gotta Get Away by The Offspring
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Shy Guy by Diana King
This Ain't A Love Song by Bon Jovi


My earliest memories of hearing music involve these songs. I guess my mother's boyfriend at the time was into grunge/90s rock. I don't remember him but I remember these songs. I was at a Michael Jackson concert when I was 3 and got to meet Michael Jackson afterwards (I have a photograph of him holding me in his arms for the picture) but the only thing I remember about that is how loud everything was and how packed it was. I don't remember any songs or even meeting him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/21/21 9:15am

kpowers

avatar

Happy Birthday

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/21/21 12:33pm

SantanaMaitrey
a

Must be children's songs or hymns in church.
If you take any of this seriously, you're a bigger fool than I am.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/21/21 3:39pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

kpowers said:

Happy Birthday

That's probably the first one we all remember for the first time... lol Or something like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star... The first song I remember hearing on a record player was my Mom playing the Alvin and the Chipmunk's Christmas album or the original Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer recording.

....

I will add that my son's first favorite song was the 1960's Batman TV show theme... His first word was also "Ba'Ma'!" when trying to sing the chorus and dancing in his diaper! Not "Mama" or "Dada." Badass! lol He loved the Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da Batman! part! batman headbang lol

[Edited 9/21/21 15:45pm]

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/21/21 4:08pm

PJMcGee

avatar

I don't remember, but the first single I chose for myself, a 45, was the not at all embarrassing Muskrat Love, by the Captain & Tennille.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/22/21 1:16pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

kpowers said:

Happy Birthday

Stevie Wonder? razz

You can take a black guy to Nashville from right out of the cotton fields with bib overalls, and they will call him R&B. You can take a white guy in a pin-stripe suit who’s never seen a cotton field, and they will call him country. ~ O. B. McClinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/22/21 1:18pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I think mine might have been Candy man too lol. Weird.

I'm sure it would be a kids song like the Umpa Lumpa song. Prolly some shitty Christmas song like Jingle Bells.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/22/21 1:20pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

The first song I got into was Lean On Me. My Aunt got it for me on 45 for my birthday when I was seven or something. That was so long ago I hated the Bengals. lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/22/21 4:12pm

kpowers

avatar

MickyDolenz said:



kpowers said:


Happy Birthday



Stevie Wonder? razz


Close, my mom and aunties
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/22/21 5:11pm

Astasheiks

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

What is the very, Very, VERY first song you remember as an young human being?

For me, it was "The Candy Man" from Sammy Davis, Jr.

After that, it was a couple of Three Dog Night songs.

Long Tall Texan... I'm from Texas lol

Also Jackson 5 "I Want You Back" biggrin

[Edited 9/29/21 13:29pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/23/21 10:27pm

kpowers

avatar

Sheet Music 1973 Bad Bad Leroy Brown Jim Croce 194: Amazon.com: BooksYusuf / Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman (2 Cd Deluxe Edition) : Target

For a pop song it was probably Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce or a song off of Cat Stevens Tea For The Tillerman album

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/23/21 10:33pm

alphastreet

Beat it
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/24/21 2:55pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

I wouldn't be able to pinpoint one particular song but it was probably one of the following;

Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Gotta Get Away by The Offspring
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Shy Guy by Diana King
This Ain't A Love Song by Bon Jovi


My earliest memories of hearing music involve these songs. I guess my mother's boyfriend at the time was into grunge/90s rock. I don't remember him but I remember these songs. I was at a Michael Jackson concert when I was 3 and got to meet Michael Jackson afterwards (I have a photograph of him holding me in his arms for the picture) but the only thing I remember about that is how loud everything was and how packed it was. I don't remember any songs or even meeting him.



That's incredible! You met mj! I bet it was chaos!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/24/21 3:41pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

Hey Jude, Beatles.

I remember this song distinctly, playing on the car radio and me looking at the radio. My grandmother had a fender bender I know it couldn't have been more because the arm as a seat belt trick worked and I didn't go flying under the dashboard. Geesh, the things we survived.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/24/21 4:01pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

EmmaMcG said:

I wouldn't be able to pinpoint one particular song but it was probably one of the following;

Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Gotta Get Away by The Offspring
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Shy Guy by Diana King
This Ain't A Love Song by Bon Jovi


My earliest memories of hearing music involve these songs. I guess my mother's boyfriend at the time was into grunge/90s rock. I don't remember him but I remember these songs. I was at a Michael Jackson concert when I was 3 and got to meet Michael Jackson afterwards (I have a photograph of him holding me in his arms for the picture) but the only thing I remember about that is how loud everything was and how packed it was. I don't remember any songs or even meeting him.



That's incredible! You met mj! I bet it was chaos!!!


Like I said, I don't actually remember it. I was only 3. I have vague memories of being somewhere noisy and crowded. That's about it. My sister is a year older than me but and she barely remembers it either. She says remembers meeting MJ but again, only vaguely.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/24/21 4:38pm

alphastreet

EmmaMcG said:

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:




That's incredible! You met mj! I bet it was chaos!!!


Like I said, I don't actually remember it. I was only 3. I have vague memories of being somewhere noisy and crowded. That's about it. My sister is a year older than me but and she barely remembers it either. She says remembers meeting MJ but again, only vaguely.


Wow that’s so cool!!! Lucky you, I wish someone had brought 1 year old me to the victory tour
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/25/21 12:33am

phunkdaddy

avatar

Shaft as far as I can remember

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/25/21 5:38am

gandorb

I Wanna Hold Your Hand excited . Got the 45 with the flip side being I Saw Her Standing There.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/26/21 12:35pm

herb4

avatar

"American Woman" by the Guess WHo and "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/28/21 8:05am

Poplife88

avatar

I think either Yellow Submarine or ABC or something from Sesame Street. lol

We're gonna need a bigger boat
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/28/21 6:48pm

ZombieKitten

avatar

I medelhavet sardiner simmar apu, apu, apu,
apu
Men i mitt hjärta där simmar du apu, apu,
apu, apu
In middle Ocean sardines are swimming,
apu, apu, apu, apu
but in my heart are swimming you, apu, apu,
apu, apu
In MittelMehre Sardinen schwimmen, apu,
apu, apu, apu
aber in mein Herz da schwimmst ja du, apu,
apu, apu, apu
I medelhavski sardinski simmski,
ap
usskidusski, apusskidu
Men i mitt hjärtski där simmski dusski,
apusskidusski, apusskidu
I Norska havet små torskar svömme, apu,
apu, apu, apu
men i min blopump, där plasker du, apu,
apu, apu, apu

falloff I still remember every word

I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/02/21 10:47am

Hamad

avatar

Does the “Pinball Number Count” by Pointer Sisters count? It’s the first song I remember as I kid.
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLH82
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/02/21 11:20am

kpowers

avatar

Hamad said:

Does the “Pinball Number Count” by Pointer Sisters count? It’s the first song I remember as I kid.

Why wouldn't it????
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/02/21 11:28am

Hamad

avatar

Idk
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLH82
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Very First Song