independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Food chain you wish was in your area
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 10/07/21 5:28pm

PennyPurple

avatar

It is cold mac salad with mayo. Those aren't sweet potatoes it's chicken done 2 different ways. I can't eat it all in 1 sitting, my hubby and i usually split it.

KoolEaze said:

Is that mac n cheese in the upper right corner or cold noodle salad with mayo? This meal looks delicious. But with all those noodles , rice and sweet potatoes it´s very carb heavy and it would make me fall to sleep right after eating. lol lol

PennyPurple said:

We have Hawaiian Brothers here.


May be an image of food



U.S.A.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 10/19/21 5:51pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

They need to bring this place back:

6515632553_b2a7536222_b.jpgShowBiz_Logo.png

These guys played circles around Charles E. Cheeze's house band:

a3.jpg?w=980&q=75

showbiz-pizza-place-rock-afire-explosion.gif

https://youtu.be/b90Cf6ARscc?t=15

[Edited 10/19/21 17:52pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 10/20/21 10:29am

kpowers

avatar

WhisperingDandelions said:

They need to bring this place back:

6515632553_b2a7536222_b.jpgShowBiz_Logo.png

These guys played circles around Charles E. Cheeze's house band:

a3.jpg?w=980&q=75

showbiz-pizza-place-rock-afire-explosion.gif

https://youtu.be/b90Cf6ARscc?t=15

[Edited 10/19/21 17:52pm]

oh wow I remember that place. Don't think we had that where I lived. Yeah bring it back

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 10/23/21 7:01pm

Dalia11

Sonic. 🍔🍟 TGI Friday's, Golden Corral.
[Edited 10/23/21 20:29pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 10/23/21 7:55pm

automatic

avatar

Jollibee
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 10/23/21 8:35pm

kpowers

avatar

automatic said:

Jollibee

We have that here. My wife loves it. Are you of Filipino descent?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 10/23/21 10:31pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

kpowers said:

automatic said:

Jollibee

We have that here. My wife loves it. Are you of Filipino descent?

Only 3 here.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 10/23/21 11:35pm

automatic

avatar

kpowers said:

automatic said:

Jollibee

We have that here. My wife loves it. Are you of Filipino descent?


I'm not. The food looks really good! I saw some people on YouTube try it. I livein Ohio and as far as I know we don't have any yet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 10/24/21 12:30pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Jolibee! They got 'em in WA, highly recommended by every Fillipino nurse or CNA locally.

screen_shot_2021-07-19_at_3.23.10_pm.png



Never tried... How is it?

[Edited 10/24/21 12:30pm]

[Edited 10/24/21 12:31pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 10/25/21 4:40pm

kpowers

avatar

WhisperingDandelions said:

Jolibee! They got 'em in WA, highly recommended by every Fillipino nurse or CNA locally.

screen_shot_2021-07-19_at_3.23.10_pm.png



Never tried... How is it?

[Edited 10/24/21 12:30pm]

[Edited 10/24/21 12:31pm]

I like their chicken and hamburger steak. Don't care for their hamburgers. Not many fast food places has spaghetti on the menu, it's ok. Portions are kinda small.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 10/25/21 5:32pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

kpowers said:

I like their chicken and hamburger steak. Don't care for their hamburgers. Not many fast food places has spaghetti on the menu, it's ok. Portions are kinda small.

Ugh.

Portion size in general at food places period definitely has scaled back in general last x amount of years, right? The glory days of bottomless cheddar bay biscuits at Red Lobster... Everything's like Jenny Craig size now at double the price.

The region's gotta play in a little, too, like southwest food always feels a little "bigger" and definitely spicier, whereas in the pacific northwest everyone on Yelp seems to rave about how they get two days of left overs out of their modern-day portion sizes.

[Edited 10/25/21 17:32pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 10/25/21 7:28pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Oh and is the spaghetti ketchup based? Fillipino spaghetti can sometimes be ketchup based... actually possibly/maybe/probably due to the popularity of the McSpaghetti in the 70s from McDonalds which they still serve in the Phillipines?
mcspaghetti | BabbleTop

McDonald&#39;s Menu Items You Can&#39;t Order in the U.S. | Far &amp; Wide

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 10/26/21 10:02am

onlyforaminute

avatar

It's overwhelming when you think about the vast number of fast food places and they generally thrive pretty well, its usually some internal mismanagement that causes their downfall.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 11/03/21 11:55pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

No Zaxby's reps?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 11/04/21 8:09am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Don't forget LA's exclusive food paradise, Rosco's Chicken and Waffles, first one was in South Central:

https://www.roscoeschicke...ffles.com/

Even the late Bourdain loved it. Fattburger the bomb too.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 11/04/21 1:45pm

kpowers

avatar

WhisperingDandelions said:

No Zaxby's reps?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMqskC5BedphhiA28P0S5EEdYrqIm2rPUI4T6NDaOHwc2C-EB_0wBIghNGtNhn-l8v0mk&usqp=CAU

Never heard of it. We just got Raising Canes here and the food looks exactly the same

27ff02e8-da3f-48a0-805c-e10d8c8a992a-raisingcanes.jpg

[Edited 11/4/21 13:46pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 11/04/21 2:09pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

Nope, don't have either of those, but I wouldn't put money on it.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 11/04/21 3:51pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

kpowers said:

WhisperingDandelions said:

No Zaxby's reps?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMqskC5BedphhiA28P0S5EEdYrqIm2rPUI4T6NDaOHwc2C-EB_0wBIghNGtNhn-l8v0mk&usqp=CAU

Never heard of it. We just got Raising Canes here and the food looks exactly the same

27ff02e8-da3f-48a0-805c-e10d8c8a992a-raisingcanes.jpg

[Edited 11/4/21 13:46pm]

Is that what Zaxby's is? Think it's a Southern thing.


You're right, apparently it's a wannabe Raising Cane's, which in and of itself is generic bar/dive quality chicken strips/fries (why the toast on the side, though? what is this, Denny's?)

The best chicken strips were the chicken tenders from Burger King in the 90s. They've tried to re-invent the wheel so many times the younger gen knows those tenders like they know Prince tracks.

[Edited 11/4/21 15:55pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 11/04/21 3:54pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Don't forget LA's exclusive food paradise, Rosco's Chicken and Waffles, first one was in South Central:

https://www.roscoeschicke...ffles.com/

Even the late Bourdain loved it. Fattburger the bomb too.

Roscoe's! Always wanted one of those.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 11/04/21 5:25pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

Nope, don't have either of those, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Glad there wasn't a bet, Raising Cane's per Google search, there's 3. Never heard of them.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 11/04/21 5:36pm

kpowers

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

onlyforaminute said:
Nope, don't have either of those, but I wouldn't put money on it.
Glad there wasn't a bet, Raising Cane's per Google search, there's 3. Never heard of them.

Only 3 in the whole USA????????? Only in Hawaii??????????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 11/04/21 5:51pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

kpowers said:



onlyforaminute said:


onlyforaminute said:
Nope, don't have either of those, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Glad there wasn't a bet, Raising Cane's per Google search, there's 3. Never heard of them.

Only 3 in the whole USA????? Only in Hawaii?????


No, in my city. Like Roscoe's is only in L.A. so I know we don't have one, but so far if it's a chain or a sister chain it got squeezed in somewhere in these parts. I have no idea how.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 11/05/21 4:49am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

kpowers said:

onlyforaminute said:

onlyforaminute said: Glad there wasn't a bet, Raising Cane's per Google search, there's 3. Never heard of them.

Only 3 in the whole USA????????? Only in Hawaii??????????

What's your Raising Cane's review, kpowers?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 11/05/21 4:51am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Sleeper pick right here:

The K Café.

Remember the K-Café? | Retro Junk Article

No, seriously, the burgers were fantastic.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 11/05/21 8:55am

kpowers

avatar

WhisperingDandelions said:

kpowers said:

Only 3 in the whole USA????????? Only in Hawaii??????????

What's your Raising Cane's review, kpowers?

It's ok. I like their Texas Toast

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 11/05/21 12:30pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

U went to texas just 4 toast?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 11/05/21 4:29pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 11/05/21 8:29pm

kpowers

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

U went to texas just 4 toast?

Spock Eyebrow GIFs | Tenor

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 11/07/21 12:37am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

kpowers said:

WhisperingDandelions said:

What's your Raising Cane's review, kpowers?

It's ok. I like their Texas Toast

Ha, you know, surprisingly the Texas Toast is pretty solid, it's just why is it part of the platter... Cole slaw, Texas toast, fries and chicken strips?


The slaw and toast, sure, like the above post, yeah, barbecue staple fine. But with chicken strips and fries? Is that BBQ fare now? Must be generational.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 11/07/21 12:42am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

There's a Pacific Northwest regional clam chowder / seafood chain called Ivar's:

0213-seafood-giants-ivars_dhxevy.jpg

w_20200209160454190312.jpg

59305658-9bab-49a8-8518-1a3dd8a14252.jpeg

ivars-seafood-bar-ivar-s-restaurant-chain-based-seattle-washington-several-stores-around-puget-sound-109795878.jpg
Never ventured but this thread's got me wanting catch 'em all fast foods like Pokemon. The org needs to formulate some kind of map.


Was gonna say, totally down if they got a---and z0mg, Google Image delivers, z0mg:

IMG_0444.JPG?format=2500w

[Edited 11/7/21 0:47am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Food chain you wish was in your area