independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Movies that needed a sequel/prequel
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/14/21 4:05am

kpowers

avatar

Movies that needed a sequel/prequel

Name a movie that needed a sequel/prequel. A sequel/prequel that should have come out in the theaters like 1-3 years after the original played. Here are my 3 picks

1549271621158486200.jpg

jay759.jpegaliens-870x418.jpg

Aliens: Hadleys Hope. This would have been a prequel to Aliens (or another sequel to Alien). Would have told the story of how the colony perished. They did add the deleted scenes onto the Aliens Blu Ray showing the colinist on LV426. Hey use that cast. I guess Newts mother would have been like a Ripley charater. I think if done right Aliens: Hadleys Hope would have beeen up there with Alien/Aliens

51RInqqMwkL._AC_.jpg

Very underated movie. I see so much potential if given the chance. I think if they had made a sequel it would have been more action packed in part 2. Maybe Braniac or Mongul would have been in it has the villians. Save Dark Seid for part 3. I know Emma would agree

513L2-BwbwL._AC_SY445_.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Who didn't think that there was going to be a sequel to the 1980 Flash Gordon? From what I read there was a lot of drama going on behind the scenes. Oh well what a shame though I did like the Saturday morning cartoon they had on the air during that time.

lf?set=path%5B1%2F5%2F2%2F4%2F2%2F15242500%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/14/21 4:29am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Superman Returns 2 would be a good shout. I'm not sure how it would work with his kid also having super powers though. Maybe get Doomsday as the villain and have him kill Superman. Then the kid gives his powers to bring back Superman through some Fortress of Solitude fuckery just in time for the finale where Superman kills Doomsday.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/14/21 4:30am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Tim Burton's Batman 3 would have been far better than Batman Forever.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/14/21 4:32am

EmmaMcG

avatar

The sequel I would most like to see is Serenity 2. Or better yet, another season of Firefly.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/14/21 9:30am

CoolMF

Harlem Nights

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas

LA Confidential

Purple Rain

Zach Snyder's Justice League

[Edited 7/14/21 9:31am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/14/21 9:51am

kpowers

avatar

CoolMF said:

Harlem Nights

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas

LA Confidential

Purple Rain

Zach Snyder's Justice League

[Edited 7/14/21 9:31am]

I think Graffiti Bridge was. It didn't feel like it.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/14/21 9:51am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

The sequel I would most like to see is Serenity 2. Or better yet, another season of Firefly.

nod

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/14/21 10:01am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Superman Returns 2 would be a good shout. I'm not sure how it would work with his kid also having super powers though. Maybe get Doomsday as the villain and have him kill Superman. Then the kid gives his powers to bring back Superman through some Fortress of Solitude fuckery just in time for the finale where Superman kills Doomsday.

I think Doomsday would fit better in a Justice League movie (not counting Batman V Superman) and it would be like part 4.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/14/21 11:48am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


Superman Returns 2 would be a good shout. I'm not sure how it would work with his kid also having super powers though. Maybe get Doomsday as the villain and have him kill Superman. Then the kid gives his powers to bring back Superman through some Fortress of Solitude fuckery just in time for the finale where Superman kills Doomsday.

I think Doomsday would fit better in a Justice League movie (not counting Batman V Superman) and it would be like part 4.



I wouldn't have any crossovers or superhero team ups. The MCU has already done that and done it so well that anything else is just going to be compared to it in an unfavorable light. Besides, I've always believed that the DC characters are more interesting than the Marvel ones so they don't need big crossover movies. Just let them exist in their own world.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/14/21 1:24pm

SoulAlive

Sequels that I would have liked to see:

'Boogie Nights'----This is one of my favorite movies of the 90s and I would have loved a continuation of this story biggrin the movie ends in 1983 and they could have taken things to the end of the 80s.I wanted to see the characters grow and evolve throughout the rest of the 80s.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/15/21 12:06am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

I think Doomsday would fit better in a Justice League movie (not counting Batman V Superman) and it would be like part 4.

I wouldn't have any crossovers or superhero team ups. The MCU has already done that and done it so well that anything else is just going to be compared to it in an unfavorable light. Besides, I've always believed that the DC characters are more interesting than the Marvel ones so they don't need big crossover movies. Just let them exist in their own world.

Have you ever watched Justice League/Justice League Unlimited?

Justice League Unlimited Animated Series Cast

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/15/21 12:27am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


kpowers said:


I think Doomsday would fit better in a Justice League movie (not counting Batman V Superman) and it would be like part 4.



I wouldn't have any crossovers or superhero team ups. The MCU has already done that and done it so well that anything else is just going to be compared to it in an unfavorable light. Besides, I've always believed that the DC characters are more interesting than the Marvel ones so they don't need big crossover movies. Just let them exist in their own world.

Have you ever watched Justice League/Justice League Unlimited?


Justice League Unlimited Animated Series Cast



Yeah I used to love that cartoon. Still do, in fact.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/15/21 12:25pm

kpowers

avatar

SoulAlive said:

Sequels that I would have liked to see:

'Boogie Nights'----This is one of my favorite movies of the 90s and I would have loved a continuation of this story biggrin the movie ends in 1983 and they could have taken things to the end of the 80s.I wanted to see the characters grow and evolve throughout the rest of the 80s.

I think they would all end up dying from a drug overdose

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/15/21 12:51pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

I think Doomsday would fit better in a Justice League movie (not counting Batman V Superman) and it would be like part 4.

I wouldn't have any crossovers or superhero team ups. The MCU has already done that and done it so well that anything else is just going to be compared to it in an unfavorable light. Besides, I've always believed that the DC characters are more interesting than the Marvel ones so they don't need big crossover movies. Just let them exist in their own world.

Honestly they did an ok job and I have a lot of issues with the series as well. I will say Marvel overall did a better job in casting than DC (with the exception of Wonder Woman.....can I get an Amen for Gal Gadot). I brought up Justice League/Justice League unlimited because they did a better job than any of the live action hero movies (and yes that is my opion). Justice League/Justice League unlimited was able to do stories focusing on the whole league while also doing stories that just focused on one character or just 3 characters. Probably what I like best is that they are the character through out the episode. For the Batman movies you get a 80% Christian Bale and 20% Batman. Heck by Avengers 2 you get 100% Chris Evans and 0% Captain America (I know the studio hates covering up Chris Evans face). I guess I'm just tired with all the live action super hero movies. I'm hoping one day some one will make a DC movie like Justice League/Justice League unlimited, but I doubt it. Think I will just stick with DC animated for now.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/16/21 3:49am

spacedolphin

avatar

Dracula

Super Mario Bros

Mystery Men

Galaxy Quest

Dark City needed a prequel

music I'm afraid of Americans. I'm afraid of the world. music
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/16/21 5:48am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


kpowers said:


I think Doomsday would fit better in a Justice League movie (not counting Batman V Superman) and it would be like part 4.



I wouldn't have any crossovers or superhero team ups. The MCU has already done that and done it so well that anything else is just going to be compared to it in an unfavorable light. Besides, I've always believed that the DC characters are more interesting than the Marvel ones so they don't need big crossover movies. Just let them exist in their own world.

Honestly they did an ok job and I have a lot of issues with the series as well. I will say Marvel overall did a better job in casting than DC (with the exception of Wonder Woman.....can I get an Amen for Gal Gadot). I brought up Justice League/Justice League unlimited because they did a better job than any of the live action hero movies (and yes that is my opion). Justice League/Justice League unlimited was able to do stories focusing on the whole league while also doing stories that just focused on one character or just 3 characters. Probably what I like best is that they are the character through out the episode. For the Batman movies you get a 80% Christian Bale and 20% Batman. Heck by Avengers 2 you get 100% Chris Evans and 0% Captain America (I know the studio hates covering up Chris Evans face). I guess I'm just tired with all the live action super hero movies. I'm hoping one day some one will make a DC movie like Justice League/Justice League unlimited, but I doubt it. Think I will just stick with DC animated for now.



I don't think superheroes need to be in costume all the time though. Cartoons and comic books are one thing but live action movies shouldn't have characters always in costume. It would fuck with the drama of the scene if say, Steve Rogers was in his PTSD meetings in full Captain America attire. Or if Bruce Wayne was chatting up Vicky Vale while dressed up like Batman. It doesn't really work. Plus, there's no reason for Steve Rogers to cover his face because he doesn't have a secret identity. None of the MCU heroes do, really. With the exception of Daredevil and Spider-Man. It just doesn't make any sense for him to always go around in his uniform.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/16/21 9:31am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Honestly they did an ok job and I have a lot of issues with the series as well. I will say Marvel overall did a better job in casting than DC (with the exception of Wonder Woman.....can I get an Amen for Gal Gadot). I brought up Justice League/Justice League unlimited because they did a better job than any of the live action hero movies (and yes that is my opion). Justice League/Justice League unlimited was able to do stories focusing on the whole league while also doing stories that just focused on one character or just 3 characters. Probably what I like best is that they are the character through out the episode. For the Batman movies you get a 80% Christian Bale and 20% Batman. Heck by Avengers 2 you get 100% Chris Evans and 0% Captain America (I know the studio hates covering up Chris Evans face). I guess I'm just tired with all the live action super hero movies. I'm hoping one day some one will make a DC movie like Justice League/Justice League unlimited, but I doubt it. Think I will just stick with DC animated for now.

I don't think superheroes need to be in costume all the time though. Cartoons and comic books are one thing but live action movies shouldn't have characters always in costume. It would fuck with the drama of the scene if say, Steve Rogers was in his PTSD meetings in full Captain America attire. Or if Bruce Wayne was chatting up Vicky Vale while dressed up like Batman. It doesn't really work. Plus, there's no reason for Steve Rogers to cover his face because he doesn't have a secret identity. None of the MCU heroes do, really. With the exception of Daredevil and Spider-Man. It just doesn't make any sense for him to always go around in his uniform.

I guess that's why I like the Cartoons and comics better. For the movie The Dark Knight I kinda get the feel it's in two parts. The first part it's pretty much Christian Bale and the second half of the movie it's alll Batman vs Joker. Needless to say I love the 2nd half so much better. I understand what you are saying about not being in uniform all the time but I know the studio hates to cover up the Stars face. Thor is pretty much always in his uniform because we can see his face. Where as Captain America is running around outside with his helmet off quite often. We also get to see more of Robert Doweny Jr. with the shots of inside his helmet.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/16/21 9:57am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I'm different, I think they should ban all sequels.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/16/21 9:58am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Odd that there was no other Roger Rabbit film. The director had such a hard time making it he gave up.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/16/21 10:02am

kpowers

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Odd that there was no other Roger Rabbit film. The director had such a hard time making it he gave up.

Yeah I thought there would be a whole bunch of them.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/16/21 10:07am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Me too.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/16/21 11:17am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


kpowers said:


Honestly they did an ok job and I have a lot of issues with the series as well. I will say Marvel overall did a better job in casting than DC (with the exception of Wonder Woman.....can I get an Amen for Gal Gadot). I brought up Justice League/Justice League unlimited because they did a better job than any of the live action hero movies (and yes that is my opion). Justice League/Justice League unlimited was able to do stories focusing on the whole league while also doing stories that just focused on one character or just 3 characters. Probably what I like best is that they are the character through out the episode. For the Batman movies you get a 80% Christian Bale and 20% Batman. Heck by Avengers 2 you get 100% Chris Evans and 0% Captain America (I know the studio hates covering up Chris Evans face). I guess I'm just tired with all the live action super hero movies. I'm hoping one day some one will make a DC movie like Justice League/Justice League unlimited, but I doubt it. Think I will just stick with DC animated for now.



I don't think superheroes need to be in costume all the time though. Cartoons and comic books are one thing but live action movies shouldn't have characters always in costume. It would fuck with the drama of the scene if say, Steve Rogers was in his PTSD meetings in full Captain America attire. Or if Bruce Wayne was chatting up Vicky Vale while dressed up like Batman. It doesn't really work. Plus, there's no reason for Steve Rogers to cover his face because he doesn't have a secret identity. None of the MCU heroes do, really. With the exception of Daredevil and Spider-Man. It just doesn't make any sense for him to always go around in his uniform.

I guess that's why I like the Cartoons and comics better. For the movie The Dark Knight I kinda get the feel it's in two parts. The first part it's pretty much Christian Bale and the second half of the movie it's alll Batman vs Joker. Needless to say I love the 2nd half so much better. I understand what you are saying about not being in uniform all the time but I know the studio hates to cover up the Stars face. Thor is pretty much always in his uniform because we can see his face. Where as Captain America is running around outside with his helmet off quite often. We also get to see more of Robert Doweny Jr. with the shots of inside his helmet.



It would be very difficult for an actor to act without the audience being able to see their face though. A lot of acting is done silent. You don't get that level of emotive acting in comics or cartoons. Part of it is definitely down to the studio not wanting to cover the face of the man they're paying millions of dollars to but from an actor's point of view, having your face covered for 90% of the movie would be detrimental to their performance.

Thor doesn't have a superhero costume. They're his clothes. That's how he dresses all the time on Asgard. Captain America doesn't wear his costume unless he's fighting. And even then he only does it for the symbolism of it. It doesn't give him protection or anything like Batman's suit does.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/17/21 3:34pm

SoulAlive

kpowers said:

SoulAlive said:

Sequels that I would have liked to see:

'Boogie Nights'----This is one of my favorite movies of the 90s and I would have loved a continuation of this story biggrin the movie ends in 1983 and they could have taken things to the end of the 80s.I wanted to see the characters grow and evolve throughout the rest of the 80s.

I think they would all end up dying from a drug overdose

eek probably smile

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/17/21 11:11pm

kewlschool

avatar

Zack Snyder's Justice League. Zack doesn't have to direct it (and can't do a sequel-other movie commitments.)

Wedding Crashers (I think they are finally going to do it.I assume it will be "funeral crashers").

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/19/21 6:23am

jfenster

Walking tall could have a prequel
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/19/21 12:18pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Remake Billy Jack, kill the hippy shit

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/22/21 3:32pm

luv2tha99s

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

The sequel I would most like to see is Serenity 2. Or better yet, another season of Firefly.

Yes! Mal is a little older, a little wiser. Maybe make Jane the bad guy for real? Maybe a Inara/Zoe/ Mal love triangle...the doc and Kaylee have gotten married...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/24/21 3:37am

EmmaMcG

avatar

luv2tha99s said:

EmmaMcG said:

The sequel I would most like to see is Serenity 2. Or better yet, another season of Firefly.

Yes! Mal is a little older, a little wiser. Maybe make Jane the bad guy for real? Maybe a Inara/Zoe/ Mal love triangle...the doc and Kaylee have gotten married...


The Firefly: Still Flying book contained some short stories which I believe are said to be canon. One of them features an old Mal, living in solitude. It's kind of sad to think that things never worked out with Inara.

The new series of novels are as close as we'll get to a continuation. They are essentially a "Season 2" of the show, set before the Serenity movie. I've only read two so far but they're really good. They definitely capture the feel of the show without being too on the nose with the fan service. Joss Whedon is involved in them too so they're definitely considered canon and they're as close as we'll ever get to a season 2.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/24/21 9:57am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

luv2tha99s said:
Yes! Mal is a little older, a little wiser. Maybe make Jane the bad guy for real? Maybe a Inara/Zoe/ Mal love triangle...the doc and Kaylee have gotten married...
The Firefly: Still Flying book contained some short stories which I believe are said to be canon. One of them features an old Mal, living in solitude. It's kind of sad to think that things never worked out with Inara. The new series of novels are as close as we'll get to a continuation. They are essentially a "Season 2" of the show, set before the Serenity movie. I've only read two so far but they're really good. They definitely capture the feel of the show without being too on the nose with the fan service. Joss Whedon is involved in them too so they're definitely considered canon and they're as close as we'll ever get to a season 2.

If there was Netflix or Hulu back then they would have more than likely picked it up. Sci-Fi (which how it was spelled back then) or the USA Network should have picked it up. Back then in the early 2000's FOX (as well as ABC) were cancelling all their sci-fi theme shows like Brimstone & Freaky Links, after 13 episodes. Was so happy that other sci-fi theme shows like Buffy, Angel, Enterprise, Roswell and Smallville were able to last longer while being on the WB/UPN (Before the CW merge and putting out crappy shows for the last 5 years or so)

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/24/21 11:57am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


luv2tha99s said:
Yes! Mal is a little older, a little wiser. Maybe make Jane the bad guy for real? Maybe a Inara/Zoe/ Mal love triangle...the doc and Kaylee have gotten married...

The Firefly: Still Flying book contained some short stories which I believe are said to be canon. One of them features an old Mal, living in solitude. It's kind of sad to think that things never worked out with Inara. The new series of novels are as close as we'll get to a continuation. They are essentially a "Season 2" of the show, set before the Serenity movie. I've only read two so far but they're really good. They definitely capture the feel of the show without being too on the nose with the fan service. Joss Whedon is involved in them too so they're definitely considered canon and they're as close as we'll ever get to a season 2.

If there was Netflix or Hulu back then they would have more than likely picked it up. Sci-Fi (which how it was spelled back then) or the USA Network should have picked it up. Back then in the early 2000's FOX (as well as ABC) were cancelling all their sci-fi theme shows like Brimstone & Freaky Links, after 13 episodes. Was so happy that other sci-fi theme shows like Buffy, Angel, Enterprise, Roswell and Smallville were able to last longer while being on the WB/UPN (Before the CW merge and putting out crappy shows for the last 5 years or so)



It's owned by Disney now so if Joss Whedon wasn't semi cancelled I think there'd be a good chance of a revival. But the novels will have to suffice. In fairness, the two I've read so far have been very good. I'd recommend them.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Movies that needed a sequel/prequel