independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Alfred Molina Returns as Doc-Ock in "Spider-Man: No Way Home"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/22/21 7:19pm

uPtoWnNY

Alfred Molina Returns as Doc-Ock in "Spider-Man: No Way Home"

Yes! Molina nailed that role as Spider-Man's best villain in S2. Don't know how they're bringing him back, but I'm glad.

Alfred Molina Details Doc...EXCLUSIVE)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/23/21 7:02am

Empress

This should be interesting. Alfred is a great actor. I loved him in Frida and Fued:Bette and Joan, as well as many others.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/25/21 1:33am

EmmaMcG

avatar

They're going to be re-writing the ending of Spider-Man 2 aren't they? Like, Spoiler Alert, but he died in Spider-Man 2 so they have to kind of change it. I know that Doctor Strange is going to be in the new Spider-Man so do you think he crosses over into the Maguire-verse and rescues Ock for some reason? Whatever happens, it should be interesting to see how they work it in.

Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Kirsten Dunst, Willem Dafoe and Jamie Foxx are all reprising their roles from previous Spider-Man movies too. Or at least, that's the rumour. Could we see an Avengers Endgame-style battle where all the previous Spider-Men and villains team up against a common enemy? Daredevil is also rumoured to make an appearance so if all these rumours pan out, it could be a pretty crazy movie.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/27/21 10:18am

Phase3

EmmaMcG said:

They're going to be re-writing the ending of Spider-Man 2 aren't they? Like, Spoiler Alert, but he died in Spider-Man 2 so they have to kind of change it. I know that Doctor Strange is going to be in the new Spider-Man so do you think he crosses over into the Maguire-verse and rescues Ock for some reason? Whatever happens, it should be interesting to see how they work it in.

Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Kirsten Dunst, Willem Dafoe and Jamie Foxx are all reprising their roles from previous Spider-Man movies too. Or at least, that's the rumour. Could we see an Avengers Endgame-style battle where all the previous Spider-Men and villains team up against a common enemy? Daredevil is also rumoured to make an appearance so if all these rumours pan out, it could be a pretty crazy movie.


Found this on IMDB

On April 17th 2021, Alfred Molina who played Otto Octavius in 2004's Spider-Man 2, confirmed that he is returning for this movie to play the villain again after 17 years. He also elaborated as to how exactly his character is alive in this movie. In Spider-Man 2 he died of drowning after stopping the fusion reaction, but according to Molina, his character will somehow move into the multiverse right before he was supposed to die in Spider-Man 2, meaning he's still alive.
[Edited 4/27/21 10:18am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/27/21 11:37am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Phase3 said:

EmmaMcG said:

They're going to be re-writing the ending of Spider-Man 2 aren't they? Like, Spoiler Alert, but he died in Spider-Man 2 so they have to kind of change it. I know that Doctor Strange is going to be in the new Spider-Man so do you think he crosses over into the Maguire-verse and rescues Ock for some reason? Whatever happens, it should be interesting to see how they work it in.

Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Kirsten Dunst, Willem Dafoe and Jamie Foxx are all reprising their roles from previous Spider-Man movies too. Or at least, that's the rumour. Could we see an Avengers Endgame-style battle where all the previous Spider-Men and villains team up against a common enemy? Daredevil is also rumoured to make an appearance so if all these rumours pan out, it could be a pretty crazy movie.


Found this on IMDB

On April 17th 2021, Alfred Molina who played Otto Octavius in 2004's Spider-Man 2, confirmed that he is returning for this movie to play the villain again after 17 years. He also elaborated as to how exactly his character is alive in this movie. In Spider-Man 2 he died of drowning after stopping the fusion reaction, but according to Molina, his character will somehow move into the multiverse right before he was supposed to die in Spider-Man 2, meaning he's still alive.
[Edited 4/27/21 10:18am]


Interesting. So I wonder how exactly he'll move between 'verses? Will Dr Strange be involved? Someone else? Jamie Foxx is confirmed too so presumably he'll be reprising his role from the crap Spider-Man movies. And if both of those are now confirmed, does that more or less confirm the rumour of Tobey Maguire etc all coming back too?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/27/21 1:24pm

Phase3

EmmaMcG said:

Phase3 said:



Found this on IMDB

On April 17th 2021, Alfred Molina who played Otto Octavius in 2004's Spider-Man 2, confirmed that he is returning for this movie to play the villain again after 17 years. He also elaborated as to how exactly his character is alive in this movie. In Spider-Man 2 he died of drowning after stopping the fusion reaction, but according to Molina, his character will somehow move into the multiverse right before he was supposed to die in Spider-Man 2, meaning he's still alive.
[Edited 4/27/21 10:18am]


Interesting. So I wonder how exactly he'll move between 'verses? Will Dr Strange be involved? Someone else? Jamie Foxx is confirmed too so presumably he'll be reprising his role from the crap Spider-Man movies. And if both of those are now confirmed, does that more or less confirm the rumour of Tobey Maguire etc all coming back too?


I sure hope so because I still think he was the best spiderman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/27/21 3:17pm

uPtoWnNY

Phase3 said:

EmmaMcG said:
Interesting. So I wonder how exactly he'll move between 'verses? Will Dr Strange be involved? Someone else? Jamie Foxx is confirmed too so presumably he'll be reprising his role from the crap Spider-Man movies. And if both of those are now confirmed, does that more or less confirm the rumour of Tobey Maguire etc all coming back too?
I sure hope so because I still think he was the best spiderman

Tobey Maguire's Spider-man is the closest to the comic Spidey (drawn by the legendary John Romita) I grew up on during the 1970s (except for the organic webs, which I didn't mind).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/27/21 3:24pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

Phase3 said:

EmmaMcG said:



Interesting. So I wonder how exactly he'll move between 'verses? Will Dr Strange be involved? Someone else? Jamie Foxx is confirmed too so presumably he'll be reprising his role from the crap Spider-Man movies. And if both of those are now confirmed, does that more or less confirm the rumour of Tobey Maguire etc all coming back too?


I sure hope so because I still think he was the best spiderman


Yeah, me too. For me, there's "good Spider-Man", "crap Spider-Man" and "new Spider-Man". Tobey Maguire is the good one, Andrew Garfield is the crap one and Tom Holland is the new one. And he's pretty good too, don't get me wrong. But Tobey Maguire IS Spider-Man for me.

I have fond memories of going to see that in the cinema when it was released. I was 12 and I brought my brother, who I guess was about 7 at the time. I think it was the first movie he saw on the big screen. It was either that or Scooby Doo. But anyway, we had a great time and it's always stuck with me. Ahh, how times change. When the third Tobey Maguire movie came out he didn't want to see it with me in case I embarrassed him. Which, in fairness, I probably would have. Because that's what big sisters are for lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/28/21 7:27pm

kewlschool

avatar

It will be Sinister 6 against 3 Spidermans with the help of Dr. Strange.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/29/21 8:49am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kewlschool said:

It will be Sinister 6 against 3 Spidermans with the help of Dr. Strange.



So that's Jamie Foxx's Electro, Michael Keaton's Vulture, Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin and two others. Any idea who they'll be?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/29/21 9:33am

uPtoWnNY

EmmaMcG said:

kewlschool said:

It will be Sinister 6 against 3 Spidermans with the help of Dr. Strange.

So that's Jamie Foxx's Electro, Michael Keaton's Vulture, Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin and two others. Any idea who they'll be?

The original Sinister Six were Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro, Mysterio, Sandman & Kraven the Hunter.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/29/21 11:37am

EmmaMcG

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



EmmaMcG said:


kewlschool said:

It will be Sinister 6 against 3 Spidermans with the help of Dr. Strange.



So that's Jamie Foxx's Electro, Michael Keaton's Vulture, Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin and two others. Any idea who they'll be?


The original Sinister Six were Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro, Mysterio, Sandman & Kraven the Hunter.



If that is the direction they're going the movie will be complicated enough without having to introduce two brand new characters on top of explaining how 3 of the villains are crossing over from alternate timelines so I wonder if they'll just fill the last two spaces with characters we're already familiar with. Mysterio could be one, if they say he faked his death. Then maybe Venom or Morbius for the final spot? Michael Keaton is reprising his Vulture role in the Morbius movie so I wonder if that's the reason for his cameo? To set up the Morbius movie as being part of the wider MCU.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/30/21 10:58pm

kewlschool

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kewlschool said:

It will be Sinister 6 against 3 Spidermans with the help of Dr. Strange.

So that's Jamie Foxx's Electro, Michael Keaton's Vulture, Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin and two others. Any idea who they'll be?

Mac Gargan (scorpion) was in jail with Vulture. So, he is one of them.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/30/21 11:00pm

kewlschool

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kewlschool said:

It will be Sinister 6 against 3 Spidermans with the help of Dr. Strange.

So that's Jamie Foxx's Electro, Michael Keaton's Vulture, Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin and two others. Any idea who they'll be?

Don't forget all 3 love interests of Spidey's will be in for cameo appearances.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Alfred Molina Returns as Doc-Ock in "Spider-Man: No Way Home"