independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The greatest movie ever?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/18/20 12:50pm

hollywood0024

The greatest movie ever?

What would you say?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/18/20 1:14pm

Genesia

avatar

I have seen 70 of the AFI's Top 100 Films of All Time and I have to go with the consensus favorite: Citizen Kane.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/18/20 1:20pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

tenor.gif

There isn't one.

[Edited 11/18/20 13:20pm]

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/18/20 1:21pm

hollywood0024

Genesia said:

I have seen 70 of the AFI's Top 100 Films of All Time and I have to go with the consensus favorite: Citizen Kane.


That's awesome you have seen so many of them. Have you seen A Place In The Sun? What do you think of it?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/18/20 4:07pm

slyjackson

The Godfather no doubt about it either the first or the second.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/18/20 4:56pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

The greatest movie ever? For me its a tie between A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) and The Godfather (1972)...or young Brando vs older Brando lol

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/18/20 5:37pm

slyjackson

Goddess4Real said:

The greatest movie ever? For me its a tie between A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) and The Godfather (1972)...or young Brando vs older Brando lol

I haven't seen that movie, but Godfather, I'm in love with the trilogy.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/18/20 5:47pm

Genesia

avatar

hollywood0024 said:

Genesia said:

I have seen 70 of the AFI's Top 100 Films of All Time and I have to go with the consensus favorite: Citizen Kane.


That's awesome you have seen so many of them. Have you seen A Place In The Sun? What do you think of it?


I’ve seen it many times. First film Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift made together - and their chemistry is electric. Shelley Winters is great, too. Oddly, the film won the Oscars for best director and screenplay, but not film.
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/18/20 5:52pm

hollywood0024

slyjackson said:



Goddess4Real said:


The greatest movie ever? For me its a tie between A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) and The Godfather (1972)...or young Brando vs older Brando lol





I haven't seen that movie, but Godfather, I'm in love with the trilogy.


Brando should have been in the sequels. Why wasn't he?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/18/20 6:04pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

hollywood0024 said:

slyjackson said:

I haven't seen that movie, but Godfather, I'm in love with the trilogy.

Brando should have been in the sequels. Why wasn't he?

Maybe because his character died and he was too old to play a younger version? lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/18/20 6:23pm

slyjackson

hollywood0024 said:

slyjackson said:

I haven't seen that movie, but Godfather, I'm in love with the trilogy.

Brando should have been in the sequels. Why wasn't he?

Well Vito died at the end of the first so...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/18/20 6:46pm

Hudson

avatar

Desperately Seeking Susan
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/18/20 6:57pm

hollywood0024

Hudson said:

Desperately Seeking Susan

Agreed!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/18/20 7:22pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

hollywood0024 said:

Hudson said:
Desperately Seeking Susan
Agreed!

What about Shanghai Surprise? lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/18/20 7:52pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:



hollywood0024 said:


Hudson said:
Desperately Seeking Susan

Agreed!

What about Shanghai Surprise? lol



Or Body Of Evidence (1993)? wink
Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/18/20 8:32pm

Phase3

Basic instinct
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/18/20 11:49pm

SantanaMaitrey
a

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
O tempora! O mores!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/19/20 12:37am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

The greatest movie ever? For me its a tie between A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) and The Godfather (1972)...or young Brando vs older Brando lol





Brando was only 47 years old in The Godfather. Only 7 years older than my husband. I have no real reason why I'm saying this other than I thought it was interesting.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/19/20 10:24am

nayroo2002

avatar

'The Wizard Of Oz'

:mikedrop:

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/19/20 1:04pm

KoolEaze

avatar

I don´t really know about "the greatest" and think it´s very subjective but all I can say is that I really, really like The Godfather, all parts, even part III, and I have watched Rocky parts 1 and 6 very often (I can´t stand part 4 and 5 though). I´ve also watched Mad Max pt.II (The Road Warrior) countless times and know every single line from that movie.

And I love Conan the Barbarian with Arnold. lol

A Bronx Tale is another one of my all time favorites.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/19/20 1:57pm

slyjackson

KoolEaze said:

I don´t really know about "the greatest" and think it´s very subjective but all I can say is that I really, really like The Godfather, all parts, even part III, and I have watched Rocky parts 1 and 6 very often (I can´t stand part 4 and 5 though). I´ve also watched Mad Max pt.II (The Road Warrior) countless times and know every single line from that movie.

And I love Conan the Barbarian with Arnold. lol

A Bronx Tale is another one of my all time favorites.

Boy got taste.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/19/20 3:19pm

alphastreet

Haha I wanted to say body of evidence to be sarcastic, but you guys beat me to it! I saw like 5 minutes of that movie when I was sneaking around

I would definitely include clueless and legally blonde in my top 5 of all time.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/19/20 3:31pm

hollywood0024

alphastreet said:

Haha I wanted to say body of evidence to be sarcastic, but you guys beat me to it! I saw like 5 minutes of that movie when I was sneaking around

I would definitely include clueless and legally blonde in my top 5 of all time.

Have you seen Desperately Seeking Susan or Shanghai Surprise? You like them?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/19/20 3:47pm

alphastreet

hollywood0024 said:

alphastreet said:

Haha I wanted to say body of evidence to be sarcastic, but you guys beat me to it! I saw like 5 minutes of that movie when I was sneaking around

I would definitely include clueless and legally blonde in my top 5 of all time.

Have you seen Desperately Seeking Susan or Shanghai Surprise? You like them?



I saw desperately seeking Susan years ago but don’t remember much of it. Was too camp for my taste though I like 80s movies, wouldn’t mind watching it again actually! Never seen shanghai though I remember seeing the next best thing in the theatre when it came out and her acting was decent
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/19/20 5:25pm

hollywood0024

alphastreet said:

hollywood0024 said:


Have you seen Desperately Seeking Susan or Shanghai Surprise? You like them?



I saw desperately seeking Susan years ago but don’t remember much of it. Was too camp for my taste though I like 80s movies, wouldn’t mind watching it again actually! Never seen shanghai though I remember seeing the next best thing in the theatre when it came out and her acting was decent

Who do you think is the bestlooking man and woman ever?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/19/20 5:34pm

alphastreet

hollywood0024 said:

alphastreet said:




I saw desperately seeking Susan years ago but don’t remember much of it. Was too camp for my taste though I like 80s movies, wouldn’t mind watching it again actually! Never seen shanghai though I remember seeing the next best thing in the theatre when it came out and her acting was decent

Who do you think is the bestlooking man and woman ever?


Jesus Mary and Joseph confused
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/19/20 5:41pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

"Who do you think is the bestlooking man and woman ever?"

wacky

[Edited 11/19/20 17:42pm]

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/19/20 8:17pm

Phase3

purplethunder3121 said:

"Who do you think is the bestlooking man and woman ever?"



wacky

[Edited 11/19/20 17:42pm]


That's easy!
Sonny and Cher
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/19/20 8:34pm

Hudson

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

"Who do you think is the bestlooking man and woman ever?"



wacky

[Edited 11/19/20 17:42pm]



Adam Carolla and Sarah Huckabee Sanders
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/19/20 8:50pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

alphastreet said:

hollywood0024 said:
Who do you think is the bestlooking man and woman ever?
Jesus Mary and Joseph confused

lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The greatest movie ever?