independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 17th Aug 2019 6:27pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Send up a little prayer & love 4 Us...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/05/19 6:51pm

Seahorsie

avatar

Send up a little prayer & love 4 Us...

Hey fam- Will be going on a mission trip next week to try to spread some love & do a few good works in His name. Anyhow, I have a big job assigned to me during that time, and I need all the extra help I can get!! (really, I am stretching myself on this one...)

Anyhow, if you think of it next week, send up one for our team. It is to a very poor country, and I am just hoping we can do everything that is needed there.

So, can I get an Amen from ya?

I will dutifully report back on how it went. Thanks. dove

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/06/19 5:51am

EmmaMcG

avatar

In who's name?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/06/19 6:42am

Empress

Is it necessary?? Spreading love is an awesome thing but spreading your religious beliefs may not be what these folks need.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/06/19 2:42pm

Seahorsie

avatar

Empress said:

Is it necessary?? Spreading love is an awesome thing but spreading your religious beliefs may not be what these folks need.

We are helping get to do some building on a new church there. As to your other question, that is the great thing about God, you are given free will to believe or not. We are leaving woodworking, concrete, and automotive tools there when we leave. One of the young men wants to start his own car repair business with those. My philosophy on helping your fellow man is to lead, follow, or like some...just stay on the porch.
Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/06/19 10:28pm

maplenpg

avatar

I'm not a believer, but I wish you all the best on your trip.
If you're going to refer to people as 'scum' or 'garbage vomit', at least have a reason to do so.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/07/19 5:57am

iZsaZsa

avatar

horns

What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/07/19 7:01am

NorthC

Seahorsie said:

Empress said:

Is it necessary?? Spreading love is an awesome thing but spreading your religious beliefs may not be what these folks need.

We are helping get to do some building on a new church there. As to your other question, that is the great thing about God, you are given free will to believe or not. We are leaving woodworking, concrete, and automotive tools there when we leave. One of the young men wants to start his own car repair business with those. My philosophy on helping your fellow man is to lead, follow, or like some...just stay on the porch.

Where is "there"?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/07/19 8:58am

PennyPurple

avatar

Good Luck Seahorsie and Best Wishes!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/07/19 9:09am

RodeoSchro

avatar

God Bless You, your family and your team! I will pray for you all and cannot wait to hear your report on the trip. Thank you and God Bless You!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/08/19 12:14pm

Seahorsie

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Good Luck Seahorsie and Best Wishes!

Thanks, Penny!!

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/08/19 12:15pm

Seahorsie

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

God Bless You, your family and your team! I will pray for you all and cannot wait to hear your report on the trip. Thank you and God Bless You!

Much appreciated..............you all are the best!

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/08/19 12:17pm

Seahorsie

avatar

iZsaZsa said:

horns

rainbo

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/08/19 12:18pm

Seahorsie

avatar

maplenpg said:

I'm not a believer, but I wish you all the best on your trip.

Thank you, means alot.

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/10/19 6:31pm

littlemissG

avatar

Good luck and be safe. May it all wok out for you and those you help.
Where are you going?
No More Haters on the Internet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/11/19 8:09pm

free2bFreeda2

Psalm 91:11-12
11 "For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall [a]bear you up,
Lest you [b]dash your foot against a stone."

my prayers for safety to you & yours
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/12/19 9:23pm

mbb

Prayers to you, God bless!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/16/19 11:29pm

Seahorsie

avatar

NorthC said:

Seahorsie said:


We are helping get to do some building on a new church there. As to your other question, that is the great thing about God, you are given free will to believe or not. We are leaving woodworking, concrete, and automotive tools there when we leave. One of the young men wants to start his own car repair business with those. My philosophy on helping your fellow man is to lead, follow, or like some...just stay on the porch.

Where is "there"?

Jamaica
Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/17/19 2:07pm

Seahorsie

avatar

Recently got back from Jamaica. We Americans could take a few lessons from these lovely people on how to get along with each other... they are so forgiving with one another and laid back.

My husband and I worked with the other team members to accomplish all our tasks. Bringing the children books, donating our time & money to an orphanage, painting a large room in the children's area, and making lockable cabinets for them to store supplies. Our group along helped do some concrete work on a second story of a building, and I painted a mural for them that they had requested last summer. It was Jesus (complete with dreads and beads in his hair) with 5 children clustered around him. Below it in calligraphy I drew in the words "Let the little ones come unto me..." We also were asked to teach stories from the Bible with the church youth and we did crafts and sang songs toegether. We learned some songs from these great kids as well!

I am not very great at getting a picture posted to this outfit from Dropbox, but I will try to get a pic downloaded here of the mural after I get them all off my phone. I appreciate every one here praying for me, even if your beliefs and mine are not exactly on the same page. As they say in Jamaica...No problem, mon.

sun

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/18/19 6:29pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Seahorsie said:

Recently got back from Jamaica. We Americans could take a few lessons from these lovely people on how to get along with each other... they are so forgiving with one another and laid back.

My husband and I worked with the other team members to accomplish all our tasks. Bringing the children books, donating our time & money to an orphanage, painting a large room in the children's area, and making lockable cabinets for them to store supplies. Our group along helped do some concrete work on a second story of a building, and I painted a mural for them that they had requested last summer. It was Jesus (complete with dreads and beads in his hair) with 5 children clustered around him. Below it in calligraphy I drew in the words "Let the little ones come unto me..." We also were asked to teach stories from the Bible with the church youth and we did crafts and sang songs toegether. We learned some songs from these great kids as well!

I am not very great at getting a picture posted to this outfit from Dropbox, but I will try to get a pic downloaded here of the mural after I get them all off my phone. I appreciate every one here praying for me, even if your beliefs and mine are not exactly on the same page. As they say in Jamaica...No problem, mon.

sun

Yay! Thank you Seahorsie for all of your hard work. Looking forward to seeing the mural if you can get it to post!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/20/19 6:44am

iZsaZsa

avatar

Seahorsie said:

Recently got back from Jamaica. We Americans could take a few lessons from these lovely people on how to get along with each other... they are so forgiving with one another and laid back.

My husband and I worked with the other team members to accomplish all our tasks. Bringing the children books, donating our time & money to an orphanage, painting a large room in the children's area, and making lockable cabinets for them to store supplies. Our group along helped do some concrete work on a second story of a building, and I painted a mural for them that they had requested last summer. It was Jesus (complete with dreads and beads in his hair) with 5 children clustered around him. Below it in calligraphy I drew in the words "Let the little ones come unto me..." We also were asked to teach stories from the Bible with the church youth and we did crafts and sang songs toegether. We learned some songs from these great kids as well!

I am not very great at getting a picture posted to this outfit from Dropbox, but I will try to get a pic downloaded here of the mural after I get them all off my phone. I appreciate every one here praying for me, even if your beliefs and mine are not exactly on the same page. As they say in Jamaica...No problem, mon.

sun

smile

What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Send up a little prayer & love 4 Us...