independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 24th May 2019 6:11pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > NFL 2017 season Part 4 "Super Bowl" and offseason
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 02/05/18 12:37pm

Abdul

Last night was a great night for all of us in Philly, we partied all night long. I'm glad I took the day off in advance because there's no way I was going to work today biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 02/05/18 1:26pm

namepeace

RodeoSchro said:

namepeace said:


I think we need to talk Super Bowl Era v. All-Time.

Johnny U and Otto Graham dominated their eras, and it would have been interesting to see what they'd have done in this era. I think both could have dominated in any era.

Personally, I take Joe as my All-Time greatest. He was undefeated in Super Bowls, was always clutch on the big stage, and set records for passer ratings in his era. He would have won even bigger in this passer-friendly era. He's still the face of the West Coast offense that took passing to a new level, beyond what Otto and Johnny U did.

But TB12's case is strong, and I can see why people regard him as the greatest of the Super Bowl Era. To be the MVP at 40 is unthinkable. He's shattered a lot of passing records. He's been to twice as many Super Bowls as Joe, and the personnel he's played with throughout his career has not been as good as Joe's. He's lost 3 times to NFC East teams, but hey, NFC East teams kept Joe *out* of the Super Bowl.



First of all, you're as big a honk for the NFC East as I am for the SEC. Game respects game! highfive

lol Well, as a lifelong Washington R fan in SEC country, I appreciate both! Hard to argue with the results for either the NFC East OR the SEC.

My two cents go with Tom Brady. He's been to more Super Bowls than anyone, and no quarterback has won more than he. Turnover on sports teams is very high. I bet that the total number of different players on the eight teams which Brady has quarterbacked to the Super Bowl is way north of 300. Given that the maximum number would be 8 x 53 = 424, that would mean that he was the one constant and therefore the main reason for 8 Patriots Super Bowl appearances.

Like I said, it's hard to argue against him.

It's mind-boggling IMO and I would not be surprised if he gets Super Bowl 9/Win 6 in 2019.

Me neither.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 02/05/18 1:33pm

namepeace

RodeoSchro said:

And how come no one is mentioning Terry Bradshaw? Four Super Bowls; four wins; and he called his own plays!


The Steelers were the very first team I rooted for, the team that inspired me to play the game, and Terry Bradshaw was my guy. But his numbers have become more important in the conversation as other QBs matched or exceeded his Lombardi count.

But he was a career 52% passer, a tick lower than Unitas at 54% and Graham at 56%. Those two Pre-Super Bowl Era QBs were more efficient passers. The only two Super Bowl Era QBs with 4 or more titles, Montana (63%) and Brady (64%), were much more efficient passers.

You can't deny Bradshaw's greatness. But I think his stats are why he's not in the convo.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 02/05/18 2:55pm

Graycap23

avatar

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 02/05/18 3:00pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Graycap23 said:

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 02/05/18 3:32pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

New poll: Half of Steelers fans admire serial murder.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 02/05/18 3:41pm

uPtoWnNY

The lowdown on why Butler didn't play;

https://twitter.com/JoeyP...7074065408

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 02/05/18 3:53pm

LadyLayla

avatar

Abdul said:

Last night was a great night for all of us in Philly, we partied all night long. I'm glad I took the day off in advance because there's no way I was going to work today biggrin

Parade is Thursday. Probably not much of anyone showing up at work this week!

Style is the second cousin to class
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 02/05/18 4:14pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

[Snip - luv4u]

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 02/05/18 4:20pm

luvsexy4all

i know theres a bear somewhere cryin into his bong......

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 02/05/18 4:20pm

kpowers

avatar

Cerebus said:

phunkdaddy said:

Cerebus said: What's up with that? You seem a little salty we rubbing it in Patriots fans faces and you're not a Patriots fan so what's the deal. lol Fuck the Patriots. Nobody is talking about what they've done in the past. They lost tonight. It's poetic justice considering the bullshit they got away with this year and years past. I just wonder if the Seahawks and Falcons hadn't gift wrapped Super Bowl wins to the Patriots if fools would still call Brady the GOAT. I can vouch for Batman I'm a Steelers fan too.

I'm not salty about anything - low salt diet here. People are completely irrational with the Patriot's hate and quite oftgen talk nonsense out their neck. We ARE talking about what they've done in the past because their past is still their present. They are still in the middle of one of the greatest dynasties in all professional sports. Anybody who can look at it objectively can't argue otherwise. I absolutely detest the San Antonio Spurs, but I don't spew nonsense and made up in hindsight "facts" because of those feelings. They've been a great team for 20 years. Nobody gift wraps anything for any team. That's sports. More often than not it's ONE PLAY that changes everything or makes a difference. It doesn't make a team any more or less great when that happens, it just is. As an example, I'm sure Patriot's fans are saying, "but if Brady hadn't been stripped and fumbled on that one play." Doesn't matter, that play happened. Lastly, I don't hate teams because they're good. Never have and never will. Makes absolutely no sense to dislike a team because they've achieved excellence. As someone who has been a Warriors fan (HARD CORE, former season ticket holder) since 1987 I'm now dealing with this on a constant basis as the haters continue to grow. I just sit back, laugh and wonder where all those haters were during the 30 years we sucked.

I will say though, Spy Gate was dirty. No argument for that. But everything else they've done is whatever. Congrats to the Eagles for beating them, job well done.

Only you are!!!!!!! And it's not hate, it's pure joy they were defeated razz .No NBA stuff here as well

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 02/05/18 4:23pm

kpowers

avatar

Graycap23 said:

That was cool. plus you can't see JT.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 02/05/18 4:26pm

kpowers

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

I guess since the Patriots lost, we can dispense with the annual "The Super Bowl is rigged!" nonsense?

The Refs asked for money but Kraft and Belichick said no.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 02/05/18 4:29pm

kpowers

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

New poll: Half of Steelers fans admire serial murder.

And your friend from Cincinnati is

Image result for charles manson

Image result for cincinnati bengals suck

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 02/05/18 4:31pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Charlie's talking to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Kill...some freetos.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 02/05/18 5:29pm

babynoz

Abdul said:

Last night was a great night for all of us in Philly, we partied all night long. I'm glad I took the day off in advance because there's no way I was going to work today biggrin



I'm a Steeler fan but I was soooo homesick for Philly last night. cool

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 02/05/18 5:32pm

babynoz

It could be argued that Brady does more with less than most QBs but there will forever be an asterisk next to his name for most football fans. Same with Belichick.

I'd give the edge to Montana. You don't get the same credit for losing a super bowl as you do for winning one. That aint how it works. lol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 02/05/18 5:52pm

poppys

Graycap23 said:

falloff Blouses!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 02/05/18 8:09pm

Cerebus

avatar

kpowers said:

Cerebus said:

I'm not salty about anything - low salt diet here. People are completely irrational with the Patriot's hate and quite oftgen talk nonsense out their neck. We ARE talking about what they've done in the past because their past is still their present. They are still in the middle of one of the greatest dynasties in all professional sports. Anybody who can look at it objectively can't argue otherwise. I absolutely detest the San Antonio Spurs, but I don't spew nonsense and made up in hindsight "facts" because of those feelings. They've been a great team for 20 years. Nobody gift wraps anything for any team. That's sports. More often than not it's ONE PLAY that changes everything or makes a difference. It doesn't make a team any more or less great when that happens, it just is. As an example, I'm sure Patriot's fans are saying, "but if Brady hadn't been stripped and fumbled on that one play." Doesn't matter, that play happened. Lastly, I don't hate teams because they're good. Never have and never will. Makes absolutely no sense to dislike a team because they've achieved excellence. As someone who has been a Warriors fan (HARD CORE, former season ticket holder) since 1987 I'm now dealing with this on a constant basis as the haters continue to grow. I just sit back, laugh and wonder where all those haters were during the 30 years we sucked.

I will say though, Spy Gate was dirty. No argument for that. But everything else they've done is whatever. Congrats to the Eagles for beating them, job well done.

Only you are!!!!!!! And it's not hate, it's pure joy they were defeated razz .No NBA stuff here as well

Congratulations, you're annoying and lack reading comprehension skills. Buh-bye.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 02/05/18 8:20pm

kpowers

avatar

Cerebus said:

kpowers said:

Only you are!!!!!!! And it's not hate, it's pure joy they were defeated razz .No NBA stuff here as well

Congratulations, you're annoying and lack reading comprehension skills. Buh-bye.

Nobody cares what you think. Fuck Patriots

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 02/05/18 9:03pm

Cerebus

avatar

kpowers said:

Cerebus said:

Congratulations, you're annoying and lack reading comprehension skills. Buh-bye.

Nobody cares what you think. Fuck Patriots

Clearly you do, because you keep coming back here to reply to my comments. More importantly, you speak for no one but yourself, don't ever get that twisted. There was clearly multiple people having a civil conversation that included all the topics I was discussing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 02/05/18 9:19pm

kpowers

avatar

Cerebus said:

kpowers said:

Nobody cares what you think. Fuck Patriots

Clearly you do, because you keep coming back here to reply to my comments. More importantly, you speak for no one but yourself, don't ever get that twisted. There was clearly multiple people having a civil conversation that included all the topics I was discussing.

We got a mosquito here lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 02/05/18 9:48pm

Cerebus

avatar

kpowers said:

Cerebus said:

Clearly you do, because you keep coming back here to reply to my comments. More importantly, you speak for no one but yourself, don't ever get that twisted. There was clearly multiple people having a civil conversation that included all the topics I was discussing.

We got a mosquito here lol


You have no clue how dumb you look. That's cute.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 02/05/18 10:08pm

kpowers

avatar

Cerebus said:

kpowers said:

We got a mosquito here lol


You have no clue how dumb you look. That's cute.

lol finger

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 02/05/18 10:49pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

Cerebus said:

phunkdaddy said:

Cerebus said: What's up with that? You seem a little salty we rubbing it in Patriots fans faces and you're not a Patriots fan so what's the deal. lol Fuck the Patriots. Nobody is talking about what they've done in the past. They lost tonight. It's poetic justice considering the bullshit they got away with this year and years past. I just wonder if the Seahawks and Falcons hadn't gift wrapped Super Bowl wins to the Patriots if fools would still call Brady the GOAT. I can vouch for Batman I'm a Steelers fan too.

I'm not salty about anything - low salt diet here. People are completely irrational with the Patriot's hate and quite oftgen talk nonsense out their neck. We ARE talking about what they've done in the past because their past is still their present. They are still in the middle of one of the greatest dynasties in all professional sports. Anybody who can look at it objectively can't argue otherwise. I absolutely detest the San Antonio Spurs, but I don't spew nonsense and made up in hindsight "facts" because of those feelings. They've been a great team for 20 years. Nobody gift wraps anything for any team. That's sports. More often than not it's ONE PLAY that changes everything or makes a difference. It doesn't make a team any more or less great when that happens, it just is. As an example, I'm sure Patriot's fans are saying, "but if Brady hadn't been stripped and fumbled on that one play." Doesn't matter, that play happened. Lastly, I don't hate teams because they're good. Never have and never will. Makes absolutely no sense to dislike a team because they've achieved excellence. As someone who has been a Warriors fan (HARD CORE, former season ticket holder) since 1987 I'm now dealing with this on a constant basis as the haters continue to grow. I just sit back, laugh and wonder where all those haters were during the 30 years we sucked.

I will say though, Spy Gate was dirty. No argument for that. But everything else they've done is whatever. Congrats to the Eagles for beating them, job well done.

Nothing irrational here. I call it like I see it. Patriots good organization. However the eye test don't lie. There has been a lot of funny business in regards to officiating in games involving the Patriots over the years as well as a few teams who've played them. Who the hell ever heard of a Tuck Rule before 2001? You've already mentioned Spygate. Enough said. I've been on record before as saying Deflategate was a bunch of bs and a waste of time while others seem to dwell on it. Yes I'm a Patriots hater but I'd be remiss if I stated they weren't very good. I just don't drink the Tom Brady Kool Aid like a lot of others. As great as a qb he's been this era, I honestly don't think he could have survived the era of the 70's and 80's when defenses were actually allowed to hit the qb. Even though the Steelers won Super Bowls in 2006 and 2010 I have very little interest in reliving it. I'm more interested in them winning another Super Bowl right now.

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 02/06/18 6:38am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Gronk's house got robbed. haha

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 02/06/18 10:07am

kpowers

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Gronk's house got robbed. haha

Where were you around 10pm??? lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 02/06/18 10:22am

namepeace

uPtoWnNY said:

The lowdown on why Butler didn't play;

https://twitter.com/JoeyP...7074065408


His mentor, Parcells, would have played him, especially after that 1st half. Why allow him to dress and wait until the Anthem to tell him he was a DNP?

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 02/06/18 10:42am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

GOD: Bengals are for me. Hell for the rest.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 02/06/18 10:57am

kpowers

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Gronk's house got robbed. haha

They are saying guns may have been stolen, that's not a good thing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > NFL 2017 season Part 4 "Super Bowl" and offseason