independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 16th Nov 2019 12:54pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Fiction that actually is reality
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/29/13 1:23pm

dJJ

Fiction that actually is reality

Hi,

Remember that I posted about The world according Monsanto?

I've been following news about Monsanto for a while.

And I found out that they own a Dutch company that is about seeds.

So, a minister tweeted a picture of his visit to that company, stating what a great company that was.

I retweeted that they are puppets of Monsanto and that he should inform himself better.

And I tweeted him some links to documentaries about how scary Monsanto really is.

Few minutes later, all the critical posts about Monsanto were removed from my facebook.

And my tweets were not public anymore.

So, I spend all day putting up links to revealing docus about Monsanto.


And tonight I watched the movie 'Micheal Clayton' . And realized it is about Monsanto.


It seems that Micheal Clayton is not a fiction at all. But very true. Accept the ending.

Do you guys know more fiction movies that are not fiction at all?

Or know more media material about Monsanto?

Thanx in advance

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/29/13 3:10pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

syriana.

drone bombings.


Michael Clayton was an EXCELLENT movie...aside from the plot. The acting was riviting, primarily the crazy attorney. The girl in the deposition performed well also. She's an adorable cutie, supports in Nurse Jackie and was a PA in Sunset 60...which funnily enough speaks to your topic to a degree. And by the same wrjter, Aaron sorkin, the newsrooms current lot is a story stolen from a CNN "happening"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/29/13 3:34pm

dJJ

Haven't seen those.

I really wanted to go and see the Newsroom when it was at the Idfa, here in Amsterdam.
But was sold out very fast.


Thanx for your reply. I will try to get my hands on Sunset 60, drone bombings and of course the Newsroom.


Never heard of Aaron Sorkin before. I'm not very good with names. Let alone remember them.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/29/13 3:36pm

dJJ

I don't follow main media that much, so maybe it's a silly question;

but when Micheal Clayton was premiered, did anybody comment about Monsanto?

Because it seems pretty clear to me that it's about how Roundup from Monsanto is damaging for humans, and they know it.


99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/29/13 3:53pm

morningsong

Monsanto was a big talked about thing several years ago. I even had a Social Studies course about 3 years ago where partically the whole semester was about Monsanto. And yet they are growing by leaps and bounds. Farming, if it hasn't already will become corporatized in a matter of a few decades. The genetic altering of seeds has already been going on for decades. Last year people were concerned about the bee population due to pesticides, this year it's seem to drop out of the consciousness as though it solved itself.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/29/13 5:37pm

babynoz

Minority Report.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/29/13 6:35pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

dJJ said:

Haven't seen those.

I really wanted to go and see the Newsroom when it was at the Idfa, here in Amsterdam.
But was sold out very fast.


Thanx for your reply. I will try to get my hands on Sunset 60, drone bombings and of course the Newsroom.


Never heard of Aaron Sorkin before. I'm not very good with names. Let alone remember them.




if you know someone who has HBO, its available on their online HBOgo service. not sure abiut regional restrictions tho. Aaron Sorkin is a somewhat acclaimed writer. Im not saying hes a prophet or anything, but several scenarios in "The West Wing," a 7 season series about a democratic presidency, ended up playing out. Its a 4 emmy award winning series on NBC. Sorkin's a good writer but has had buts with addiction and alcoholism.

Syriana was a movie about drone bombimgs and their collateral damage as well as the convoluted nature of the politics of the mid-east. drone bombings isnt a seperate movie...its what syriana is about....kind of.

and just to say, Studio60 is about a Saturday Night Live type program and the politics and shenanigans that go on surrounding a live broadcast. the main producer has an on-air melt down and gets replaced by two previous writers on the show. one is an athiest with an axe to grind(chandler from friends) and the other is a coke addict(bradley whitford from The west wing). it was an excellent series that i think got truncated by the Screen writers guild strike we had here in the states.

one episode was about censorship and how "jesus christ" cant be said on air unless one is actually referring to jesus christ. so they make jesus an actual character in a skit in order to "get away" with some stuff. jesus ends up with a real joint in his pocket and gets pulled over by real police during an emergency road trip and ends up in some real drama.
it had musical acts too...i wont ever forget seeing Corrine Bailey Rae doing trouboe sleeping...i like her...Sting was on it too playing some kind of ukelele or thing.



but anywyas.....Newsroom ist he current one. it 1.5 seasons old. the series begins with a "Brian Williams/Dan Rather" type character, but doesnt share ANY political leanings untill he finally breaks on stagea nd goes in a minutes long rant ending with the fact that "America ISN'T the best country on the planet," after being asked "why is america the best country?," by a college co-ed at a 3 person Q&A at a university.. this is all inevitably caught on cell phones and youtubed. he then embarks on a new phase of his career.

one arc this season refers to operation tail wind. cnn's peter arnett and time magazine reported some alleged sarin gas use but were forcedt o retract after bad reporting
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...n_Tailwind


one showhen im currently infatuated with is The Bridge. Its originally a danis show or something translated for the US/Mexico border. i notice the creators have dashes and circles int heir names. now im afraid i just made myself sound terribly ignorant....ok nevermind...it IS danish and sweedish and based off ase ries called "bron". looking at where you're from djj, i wanted to ask if you knew anything about that series.
[Edited 8/29/13 18:43pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/29/13 6:36pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

gosh...i sound like i have a hard on for sorkin....ewwww.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/29/13 7:09pm

babynoz

morningsong said:

Monsanto was a big talked about thing several years ago. I even had a Social Studies course about 3 years ago where partically the whole semester was about Monsanto. And yet they are growing by leaps and bounds. Farming, if it hasn't already will become corporatized in a matter of a few decades. The genetic altering of seeds has already been going on for decades. Last year people were concerned about the bee population due to pesticides, this year it's seem to drop out of the consciousness as though it solved itself.


The movement against Monsanto is still very active even though their critics are being actively suppressed.

http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/29/13 8:55pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

babynoz said:



morningsong said:


Monsanto was a big talked about thing several years ago. I even had a Social Studies course about 3 years ago where partically the whole semester was about Monsanto. And yet they are growing by leaps and bounds. Farming, if it hasn't already will become corporatized in a matter of a few decades. The genetic altering of seeds has already been going on for decades. Last year people were concerned about the bee population due to pesticides, this year it's seem to drop out of the consciousness as though it solved itself.




The movement against Monsanto is still very active even though their critics are being actively suppressed.



http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/



yeah...this shit is terrible. their seeds r behaving unpredictably and getting to plaves jn the world they werent brough to. the movie is abiut them, without a doubt...names were changed to be protected from the guilty.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Fiction that actually is reality