independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 20th Feb 2020 12:58pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > whats your reason for living?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/12/13 12:28am

iaminparties

avatar

whats your reason for living?

What drives you to live?

What makes life worth living when you get up?

Family,friends,career,money,sex(nympho)kids,significant other,fame,making a name for yourself,helping others,partying,orgies,religion,etc.

As simple as you don't wanna die.

2014-Year of the Parties
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/12/13 12:37am

ZombieKitten

avatar

I get up each day only with the promise that once I do all the things I have to I can go back to bed dead
I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/12/13 1:04am

MoBetterBliss

my kids.... making music

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/12/13 3:07am

MacDaddy

I believe life is what you make it, and I choose to be happy so my answer would be: life itself.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/12/13 3:35am

Serious

avatar

I thought that I had finally found a reason that I am here on this planet when I met the love of my life...well I was wrong...so I guess I am here trying to make the best out of the situation I was put in

[Edited 5/12/13 3:37am]

With a very special thank you to Tina: Is hammer already absolute, how much some people verändern...ICH hope is never so I will be! And if, then I hope that I would then have wen in my environment who joins me in the A....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/12/13 5:11am

missfee

avatar

Honest answer: I don't know. I ask myself this exact question almost every week and still trying to find the answer.

I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/12/13 6:50am

Lammastide

avatar

Good questions.

What makes life worth living?
Tons of things: my wife and kid, the seasons, silence, nature, MacDaddy, the thrill of travel, women laughing, Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis, German autos, lobster bisque, orgasms, yada yada yada...

What's my reason for living?
Primarily two things: 1) I believe that my presence, on balance, facilitates the well being of others, and I'm dedicated to maximizing that; and 2) I recognize that whatever system of providence put me here has not yet removed me from here... and I'm cool with that oversight. smile

[Edited 5/12/13 21:37pm]

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/12/13 6:52am

CarrieMpls

Ex-Moderator

avatar

My friends, my family, travel, music, food (omg, food!) and cats. I'm sure there are more, but that's off the top of my head.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/12/13 7:26am

imago

I have none.



Which is why I'm still a Prince fan.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/12/13 7:58am

tinaz

avatar

EVERYTHING!!



~~~~~ Oh that voice...incredible....there should be a musical instrument called George Michael... ~~~~~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/12/13 8:09am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

right now all i got to live for is to see how this thing with Thibaut works out...

http://prince.org/msg/100/397303

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/12/13 3:19pm

free2bfreeda

warm spring/summer/fall sunrises

winter too! r too

each day is like an adventure imo cool

“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/12/13 4:34pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

imago said:

I have none.



Which is why I'm still a Prince fan.


falloff

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/12/13 4:44pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

Is this a "meaning of life" thread, or a personal account of what drives us?

People have devoted their entire lives trying to answer; "Why are we here?".

For me...it's all about LIFE itself. Experiencing what we have around us.

That you are breathing, and walking, and thinking. That you can see and smell and hear and taste the world around you.

That you can see a sunset, get drenched in a rainstorm, slide down a snowbank, swim in the ocean.

Of course, being the complicated creatures that we are, we often allow nonsense to cloud our minds, to sour the experience.

But still & all...my reason for living, is LIFE itself.






...for now.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/12/13 10:19pm

novabrkr

Prince, of course.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/13/13 6:25am

RodeoSchro

To make other people happy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/13/13 8:17am

Tokyo89

avatar

Don't wanna die confused

She Don't Speak..But She Remembers
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/13/13 8:27am

Tremolina


To learn life by experience.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/13/13 8:53am

XxAxX

avatar

i wake up glad to be alive beause every day i see a bit more of this beautiful world!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/13/13 1:45pm

Ace

avatar

ZombieKitten said:

I get up each day only with the promise that once I do all the things I have to I can go back to bed dead


biggrin

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/13/13 1:46pm

Ace

avatar

MacDaddy said:

I choose to be happy


thumbs up!

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/13/13 1:46pm

Ace

avatar

imago said:

I have none.



Which is why I'm still a Prince fan.


lol

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/13/13 2:00pm

Ace

avatar

iaminparties said:

What drives you to live?


I don't know if not living is worse and I ain't a gamblin' man.



What makes life worth living when you get up?


My family.

My friends.

The Howard Stern Show.

The Internets.

Big Brother*

Dogs.

Norm MacDonald.

Woody Allen.

Larry David.

Springsteen.


Stuff like that. smile



*And some other reality shows (e.g. I quite enjoyed Survivor, this time 'round).

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/13/13 2:01pm

kewlschool

avatar

mad I have to be some ladies reason to masturbate! lol

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/13/13 2:28pm

dJJ

I was born.


I had no choice in that procedure.

I'm alive because since then I've not had an accident or illness with deadly consequences.

The answer to the meaning of life is 42.


And that's it. Why does my life need a specific reason for existence?



I'm not different from any other human being who is alive. No special reason for it.

Just like my cat, the birds flying in the sky and the fish swimming in the canals.

We'r all living in a few square feet in Amsterdam. For no special reason, just a chain of events that lead up the current situation.




I do find living very painfull, harsh and challenging.

And sometimes overwhelming wonderful and beautiful.

Both kind of experiences amaze me and are impressive.









My cat thinks the reason of my life is to take care of him.



And I also agree with him.


99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/13/13 2:38pm

JoeyC

avatar

ZombieKitten said:

I get up each day only with the promise that once I do all the things I have to I can go back to bed dead



clapping clapping thumbs up!

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/13/13 2:39pm

Ace

avatar

Ace said:

Norm MacDonald.


Do yourself a favor and check out Norm's Internet show/podcast:


youtube.com/normmacdonald


falloff

"Acceptance, forgiveness, and love."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/13/13 2:48pm

dJJ

imago said:

I have none.



Which is why I'm still a Prince fan.



And now your meaning in life is the org.


I like that.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/13/13 6:39pm

ufoclub

avatar

Tea with milk and sugar.

One day I will be lord of Downton Abbey.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/13/13 6:43pm

funkycat00

avatar

To EAT! foodnow

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > whats your reason for living?