independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 16th Jul 2019 5:51am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Rupaul's Drag Race 4
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/31/12 5:20pm

chocolate1

avatar

Rupaul's Drag Race 4

Just finished watching the first episode from last night...

I don't know what I think yet. I have no words.

disbelief

Okay, one thing:

Is it just me, or does it seem like too many of the girls look like past contestants? confused

Discuss...


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/31/12 7:28pm

banks

avatar

I was wondering why no one started a thread.... the biggie smalls looking queen disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/01/12 2:53am

chocolate1

avatar

Yeah, this bunch looks kind of low-budget. lol


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/01/12 6:42am

johnart

avatar

My top 3 instant faves:

Sharon Needles (she might be the one to redeem the quirky ones looked over in years past). I watched some videos (of her speaking, rather than doing musical numbers) and bitch is funny.

Also she gives great illusion (judged not on beauty, tho I think she can give scary-pretty lol, but strickly on what she achieves from boy to Sharon). I like that she's wild and weird.

Jiggly Caliente she killed that lip-synch for your life! lol

Kenya Michaels fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! She's a fierce lil bitch. Wepa!

I also have watched videos of Madame LaQueer in the past, she'd be my other fave so far.

I think it's funny that they're letting Willam get to them. I find him/her quite funny. It's clear that he's being an actor and he's set out to be the bitch (everyone always remembers the bitch on these shows).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/01/12 7:07am

chocolate1

avatar

johnart said:

My top 3 instant faves:

Sharon Needles (she might be the one to redeem the quirky ones looked over in years past). I watched some videos (of her speaking, rather than doing musical numbers) and bitch is funny.

Also she gives great illusion (judged not on beauty, tho I think she can give scary-pretty lol, but strickly on what she achieves from boy to Sharon). I like that she's wild and weird.

Jiggly Caliente she killed that lip-synch for your life! lol

Kenya Michaels fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! She's a fierce lil bitch. Wepa!

I also have watched videos of Madame LaQueer in the past, she'd be my other fave so far.

I think it's funny that they're letting Willam get to them. I find him/her quite funny. It's clear that he's being an actor and he's set out to be the bitch (everyone always remembers the bitch on these shows).

hug

I was hoping you'd have time to weigh in! touched

I don't know all the names yet, but that one who went off on Jiggly is not cute enough to be so indignant. rolleyes

Jiggly DID kill! nod

I Googled Willam, and his roles listed on Wikipedia are underwhelming (i.e. Bus Stop Drag Queen, Butch Queen, Transsexual...) lol


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/01/12 7:40am

johnart

avatar

chocolate1 said:

johnart said:

My top 3 instant faves:

Sharon Needles (she might be the one to redeem the quirky ones looked over in years past). I watched some videos (of her speaking, rather than doing musical numbers) and bitch is funny.

Also she gives great illusion (judged not on beauty, tho I think she can give scary-pretty lol, but strickly on what she achieves from boy to Sharon). I like that she's wild and weird.

Jiggly Caliente she killed that lip-synch for your life! lol

Kenya Michaels fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! She's a fierce lil bitch. Wepa!

I also have watched videos of Madame LaQueer in the past, she'd be my other fave so far.

I think it's funny that they're letting Willam get to them. I find him/her quite funny. It's clear that he's being an actor and he's set out to be the bitch (everyone always remembers the bitch on these shows).

hug

I was hoping you'd have time to weigh in! touched

I don't know all the names yet, but that one who went off on Jiggly is not cute enough to be so indignant. rolleyes

Jiggly DID kill! nod

I Googled Willam, and his roles listed on Wikipedia are underwhelming (i.e. Bus Stop Drag Queen, Butch Queen, Transsexual...) lol

She had a recurring role in Nip/Tuck for a while. And there's a great low-budget (funny) movie called Ticked Off Trannies with Knives lol she was in. And Sex & City or whatever else. Trust that for most drag queens those are pretty big gigs. They all frontin. lol

Folk trynna act like "oh I been doin this drag for ___ years and I'm successful. Don't be talkin bout being on tv etc etc..." like they not on this show so someone will put them on tv and movies. lol
Willam is baiting them and keeping his cool (so far) cause it's the role he's playing and they're walking right into it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/01/12 8:22am

chocolate1

avatar

johnart said:

chocolate1 said:

hug

I was hoping you'd have time to weigh in! touched

I don't know all the names yet, but that one who went off on Jiggly is not cute enough to be so indignant. rolleyes

Jiggly DID kill! nod

I Googled Willam, and his roles listed on Wikipedia are underwhelming (i.e. Bus Stop Drag Queen, Butch Queen, Transsexual...) lol

She had a recurring role in Nip/Tuck for a while. And there's a great low-budget (funny) movie called Ticked Off Trannies with Knives lol she was in. And Sex & City or whatever else. Trust that for most drag queens those are pretty big gigs. They all frontin. lol

Folk trynna act like "oh I been doin this drag for ___ years and I'm successful. Don't be talkin bout being on tv etc etc..." like they not on this show so someone will put them on tv and movies. lol
Willam is baiting them and keeping his cool (so far) cause it's the role he's playing and they're walking right into it.

I get that. nod

I have a friend who's not drag queen, but an actress. Getting ANY roles are a big deal.

I was watching TV one night, and she was on a MY Lottery commercial. I was soooo happy for her! lol

I looked Willam up after he kept going on about having worked with "Oscar Winners". I was interested to see what he was about.


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/01/12 8:23am

chocolate1

avatar

The judges' comments during the Runway portion were priceless! falloff

clarification

[Edited 2/1/12 8:23am]


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/01/12 10:06am

kitbradley

avatar

Is this show Logo's bread & butter???? I swear, ever since this past Saturday, every time I've tuned into Logo, this damn show has been on!!!! mad

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/01/12 10:32am

chocolate1

avatar

kitbradley said:

Is this show Logo's bread & butter???? I swear, ever since this past Saturday, every time I've tuned into Logo, this damn show has been on!!!! mad

They usually do a marathon leading up to the season premiere, which was Monday.

They played all 3 previous seasons.

tv


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/01/12 8:42pm

johnart

avatar

chocolate1 said:

kitbradley said:

Is this show Logo's bread & butter???? I swear, ever since this past Saturday, every time I've tuned into Logo, this damn show has been on!!!! mad

They usually do a marathon leading up to the season premiere, which was Monday.

They played all 3 previous seasons.

tv

I think this might be Logo's biggest cross-over show.

Noah's Ark probably second. hmmm

I never watched it boxed but I do remember a lot of non-gay people discussing it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/02/12 2:34am

PurpleRighteou
s1

avatar

I think all of my favorites are the same as Johnart.

LOVE Sharon Needles. I love her wild, scary style and I love her schtick. The comments she was making when they were going for the materials in the zombie challenge were so funny. The juxtaposition of that and her style is cool to me.

I like Jiggly Caliente. I immediately liked her personality. Her outfit was a MESS but she KILT her lip synch for your life!

I can tell I'm going to LOVE Kenya Michaels' style. I adored her wings!

I'm also partial to Latrice Royale. None of the others made much of an impression for me, but I think Dida Ritz and Madam LaQueer are going to be fun later on.

At first I thought I would really like Alisa Summers but her outfit was garbage and that may have been the WORST lip synch for your life I've seen. She was so stiff and lame.

Willam is annoying. I don't like those on reality shows who go out of their way to be confrontational, abrasive or bitchy for screen time. She comes off as insincere in that regard. She's probably nothing like that.

Lastly, child what the hell is Apoc-a-lock-tic?! whofarted Lashauwn couldn't get that right to save his LIFE lol

I graduated bitches!!! 12-19-09 woot! dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/02/12 10:47am

johnart

avatar

This week's interview: Alisa Summers

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/02/12 1:56pm

chocolate1

avatar

PurpleRighteous1 said:

Lastly, child what the hell is Apoc-a-lock-tic?! whofarted Lashauwn couldn't get that right to save his LIFE lol

I know! falloff


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/02/12 2:00pm

chocolate1

avatar

johnart said:

This week's interview: Alisa Summers

Another good one! biggrin

I think it's funny, tho, that she thought her lip-synch was good. Even one of the others said that Jiggly was better. nod

Keep 'em coming, Honey! mushy


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/02/12 6:24pm

johnart

avatar

chocolate1 said:

johnart said:

This week's interview: Alisa Summers

Another good one! biggrin

I think it's funny, tho, that she thought her lip-synch was good. Even one of the others said that Jiggly was better. nod

Keep 'em coming, Honey! mushy

Yeah, her performance at that particular moment was not very exciting.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/02/12 6:28pm

johnart

avatar

PurpleRighteous1 said:

I think all of my favorites are the same as Johnart.

LOVE Sharon Needles. I love her wild, scary style and I love her schtick. The comments she was making when they were going for the materials in the zombie challenge were so funny. The juxtaposition of that and her style is cool to me.

highfive

OMG have you looked through her fb fanpage.
She gives illusion for daysssss. I love her fuckedup take on pretty. lol

She is the wittiest by far (so far) IMO.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/03/12 1:41pm

PurpleRighteou
s1

avatar

johnart said:

PurpleRighteous1 said:

I think all of my favorites are the same as Johnart.

LOVE Sharon Needles. I love her wild, scary style and I love her schtick. The comments she was making when they were going for the materials in the zombie challenge were so funny. The juxtaposition of that and her style is cool to me.

highfive

OMG have you looked through her fb fanpage.
She gives illusion for daysssss. I love her fuckedup take on pretty. lol

She is the wittiest by far (so far) IMO.

omg I am in muthafuckin LOVE!!


[img:$uid]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/grghwdcuz/sharonneedles.jpg[/img:$uid]

I graduated bitches!!! 12-19-09 woot! dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/06/12 8:39pm

johnart

avatar

Latrice might be takin up Jiggly's spot in my Top 3. hmmm

If that bitch had a church I'd go. mushy pray

[Edited 2/6/12 20:40pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/06/12 10:14pm

johnart

avatar

DiDa needs to go home!!! barf

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/14/12 3:17am

chocolate1

avatar

I was so busy last week, that I forgot to post!

This week:

There was a ridiculous overuse of the word "realness" in this episode. rolleyes

  • Milan was soooo annoying! confused
  • Chad Michaels looked amazing on the runway! love
  • Madame LaQueer was a HOT MESS! disbelief
  • Kenya's gold shoes were HOT!
  • Jiggly was terrible on the infomercial. barf
  • Kenya looked adorable in the infomercial in her animal prints. mushy
  • I didn't understand Santino's remark about Sharon's bottom half. confuse
  • Dida KILLED the lip synch! excited

I have to be honest: I don't like Jiggly. The first week, I thought, "What's up with those gums?!" I also didn't like the way she was trying to talk so much trash in the beginning.

I decided to give her a chance after John mentioned that he liked her.

But......

I am just not feeling Jiggly. hmph!

My fave: Latrice Royale. That is a fierce big heifer! biggrin


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/14/12 12:46pm

johnart

avatar

chocolate1 said:

I have to be honest: I don't like Jiggly. The first week, I thought, "What's up with those gums?!" I also didn't like the way she was trying to talk so much trash in the beginning.

I decided to give her a chance after John mentioned that he liked her.

But......

I am just not feeling Jiggly. hmph!

My fave: Latrice Royale. That is a fierce big heifer! biggrin

I liked Jiggly in the first episode, but it wasn't until the Untucked stuff that they started showing how she'd been acting behind the scenes, whcih I'm totally NOT feelin.

I'd replace her with Latrice to round out my TOP 3 (as of now, subject to change lol)

Sharon Needles is still the fiercest bitch in the bunch and the one to beat IMO.

I can easily see the final 2 being Latrice and Sharon.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/14/12 1:52pm

chocolate1

avatar

johnart said:

chocolate1 said:

I have to be honest: I don't like Jiggly. The first week, I thought, "What's up with those gums?!" I also didn't like the way she was trying to talk so much trash in the beginning.

I decided to give her a chance after John mentioned that he liked her.

But......

I am just not feeling Jiggly. hmph!

My fave: Latrice Royale. That is a fierce big heifer! biggrin

I liked Jiggly in the first episode, but it wasn't until the Untucked stuff that they started showing how she'd been acting behind the scenes, whcih I'm totally NOT feelin.

I'd replace her with Latrice to round out my TOP 3 (as of now, subject to change lol)

Sharon Needles is still the fiercest bitch in the bunch and the one to beat IMO.

I can easily see the final 2 being Latrice and Sharon.

At first, I wasn't feeling Sharon. But now I like how her looks come together.

I thought that both of her looks in the infomercial were really well executed. nod


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/14/12 2:45pm

LadyLuvSexxy

eek I've been fighting the urge to say "that's not Soy Sauce in your panties." ALL. DAY. LONG. The way JigglyCaliente said it was funny to me because it was so mechanical and terrible. I loved that outfit though. I wouldn't mind strutting around in that myself.

I honestly almost forgot about Milan until she just took over my po' li'l Kenya's leadership role. I love Milan's fashion sense but that was so pushy! I can understand Kenya just fine! I love her voice period. She's just sweet as can be to me. heart

Of course I'm rooting for Sharon Needles because everyone's trying to stick her in the Goth bubble, but girlfriend brings an A-game that I can admire 100%. I am dyyyyying to get those contacts she wears.

Willam is going to get spanked. razz I just...I just want to spank that sassy booty. I might need to work that one out in the comfort of a long leather couch with a therapist. lurking

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/21/12 4:52pm

chocolate1

avatar

I have to be honest:

  • I'm glad Madame LaQueer is gone. It had nothing to do with Michelle hating green. MLQ was weak. rolleyes
  • I'm a little tired of Phi Phi, too. That was drama with Sharon, pure and simple.
  • Still not feeling Jiggly. talk to the hand
  • I love Latrice. I think that big chick works it. sexy


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/22/12 12:46am

Spinlight

avatar

Top 3: Chad, Sharon, and either Dida or Willam.

Top 5 (Viva Glam): Chad, Sharon, Dida, Phi Phi, Willam.

Willam is a dark horse and is one to watch. Dida Ritz is also proving to be a contender. She can rock that teen glam shit that Willam does and I dare say Dida MAY be prettier than Willam even when Willam covers that 5 o'clock shadow and Dida lotions up them ashy knees. I was wondering where Santino was - Dida was giving him his own interior illusion and its all over those crusty sharp knees!

* Possible Spoiler (Kinda but not really) *


I have seen from the previews posted on LOGOTV.com that Sharon and PhiPhi will lip sync against each other. It is in the first preview they posted where one is dancing like a devil (Sharon) and one is dancing ike an angel (Phi Phi). It's clear that this showdown is many episodes in the making. If its one or the other, I would be supremely shocked that Phi Phi beat Sharon out, so I am hoping Sharon can pull it off. She is not much of a dance-y queen, so who knows.

* Possible Spoiler (Kinda but not really) *

Other than that, I expect Latrice to go far, but not likely past another episode or 3. I am certain Milan is out next week and I am certain Kenya is out after that. Sorry Kenya! She's just simply 1) not coherent enough and 2) too short. Fishy! But as much personality as a chihuahua (which she apparently impersonates often). Latrice is a solid contender, but not a winner. She simply is too Stately Old Queen to win the competition. She reminds me of Dorian Corey (quote from my sig!) in that she is wise and smart and great at what she does, but she ain't Pepper LaBeija. She ain't gonna be the big winner in the end.

So again, Chad Michaels is a surefire bet for top 3. If you dn't think so, mark my words now. Chad will be top 3 and I personally believe she will take the entire contest. Do not count her out and do not count Ru's preference for her (and LA queens in general, and the fact Chad is Morgan McMichaels' drag mother). Keep an eye out for Dida Ritz and Willam. They will go far, I am sure of it. Willam has coasted thus far on INs and Dida has shown she can be pushed to turn out a better performance when the time comes. Think Tatianna. Not a winner, obviously, but definitely top 5.

Um and I don't even care about Jiggly. NOT EVEN BOTHERED. She is hateful and ugly and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz boring.

Sry for the huge post, I have literally been wanting to discuss this for a month but I was banned.

[Edited 2/22/12 0:56am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/22/12 7:07am

cborgman

avatar

been watching religiously...

i never liked madame, aside from her character in the wrestling challenge. she and milan kept talking about how they are actors but were horrendous in the acting challenge... go figure.

milan can go soon. i was very charmed by the thought of a sweet broadway style queen in the first episode, but she really hasnt given much. last episode's lipsynch for her life was the only decent thing i have seen

i dont like jiggly. i have never liked jiggly, and i doubt i ever will. she's mediocre at best and needs to go soon. she's out of her depth in this show

willam is kinda okay. if you like a queen who looks like she lives off crack and ego, she's your girl. i find her bland as all hell and think she will go before the top 5

i dont understand why no one has commented to phi phi that for being a very attractive 20 something boy, she insists on looking like a 40 something woman without giving us 40 something woman character. she's a boring showgirl

i adore kenya and chad. i imagine they wil got to the top 5.

i was really ready for dida to go several times in the first few episodes, but that lip sysnch was OFF THE CHARTS AWESOME and she killed the sitcom challenge. if she can continue to quickly turn it around the way she has, she could easily be top 3.

latrice royal is prob my favorite this season and seems like a sure thing for top 3. nice to finally see a big girl who could go all the way to the end. she is full of charm, character, and fun. i doubt she will win, but i LOVE her...

sharon is a riot and a very unique and singular queen. i would be very surprised if she doesnt win.

Being a real civil rights champion,
Sometimes I have to defend
against die-hard bullshit
and the fakes who propagate it.

"Yippee ki-yay, Motherfucker." - John McClane, Die Hard
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/22/12 7:22am

cborgman

avatar

PurpleRighteous1 said:

johnart said:

highfive

OMG have you looked through her fb fanpage.
She gives illusion for daysssss. I love her fuckedup take on pretty. lol

She is the wittiest by far (so far) IMO.

omg I am in muthafuckin LOVE!!


[img:$uid]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/grghwdcuz/sharonneedles.jpg[/img:$uid]

co-sign!

one of my favorite movies... clever costume

Being a real civil rights champion,
Sometimes I have to defend
against die-hard bullshit
and the fakes who propagate it.

"Yippee ki-yay, Motherfucker." - John McClane, Die Hard
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/22/12 7:29am

chocolate1

avatar

Hey Chris! hug

I was thinking about you the other day... How I haven't seen you on FB or here.

How is everything?

kiss2


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/22/12 7:36am

cborgman

avatar

chocolate1 said:

Hey Chris! hug

I was thinking about you the other day... How I haven't seen you on FB or here.

How is everything?

kiss2

hi honey! hug

i am very well. got a job bartending and have been working my ass off. (literally... lost about 20 pounds so far)

plus been working on my plays and doing a LOT of photography. they are building me a photo website (with logo and all!), and between choosing which pics should be in the portfolio and shooting, and work, and writiing... been kinda removed from online.

how are you?

Being a real civil rights champion,
Sometimes I have to defend
against die-hard bullshit
and the fakes who propagate it.

"Yippee ki-yay, Motherfucker." - John McClane, Die Hard
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Rupaul's Drag Race 4