independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 29th Jan 2020 10:23am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Me and my boyfriend are breaking up
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/20/05 8:49am

MsMisha319

avatar

Me and my boyfriend are breaking up

Well, we almost made it to the year mark.

Though I believe in my heart that it's the best thing to do, breaking up is hard to do bawl

But, it's not fair to stay in a relationship when your heart isn't in it. It's not fair to him.....So I shall move on....

Any suggestions on how to make "moving on" as painless as possible?

Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/20/05 8:57am

ella731

avatar

Im sorry to hear that Misha hug

Not sure what to tell you to make things better, but good luck
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/20/05 9:00am

MsMisha319

avatar

Thank you, Ella hug


Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/20/05 9:14am

ThreadCula

avatar

Im so sorry Misha

I dont have much advice on making it painless....listen to music,read...go out and having loads of fun with friends.
Try new things

hug
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...NOBODY!"
johnart says: "I'm THE shit"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/20/05 9:37am

MsMisha319

avatar

Good advice, Threadcula lol

Will try it

Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/20/05 9:44am

PANDURITO

avatar

MsMisha319 said:



Any suggestions on how to make "moving on" as painless as possible?


nod Don't kick him in his balls no no no!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/20/05 9:46am

MsMisha319

avatar

PANDURITO said:

MsMisha319 said:



Any suggestions on how to make "moving on" as painless as possible?


nod Don't kick him in his balls no no no!



Will not....but if I had some, he would probably want to kick me sad


Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/20/05 10:25am

TheResistor

avatar

MsMisha319 said:

Well, we almost made it to the year mark.

Though I believe in my heart that it's the best thing to do, breaking up is hard to do bawl

But, it's not fair to stay in a relationship when your heart isn't in it. It's not fair to him.....So I shall move on....

Any suggestions on how to make "moving on" as painless as possible?

Smooches;)



My only suggestion if for you to surround yourself with as many friends as possible and listen to a lot of Joni Mitchell. Those two things helped me move on...or is helping me move on, as I'm not quite over the heartache just yet. But heartache is not dire...

much love!
rainbow

"...literal people are scary, man
literal people scare me
out there trying to rid the world of its poetry
while getting it wrong fundamentally
down at the church of "look, it says right here, see!" - ani difranco
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/20/05 11:17am

AzureStarr

TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK!

biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/20/05 11:20am

MsMisha319

avatar

AzureStarr said:

TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK!

biggrin



lol

Maybe I will

Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/20/05 2:33pm

Case

Being a guru on the subject of breaking up, here's my advice (in no order)

1. Try to avoid blaming yourself or him. It just happened. Ultimately, it's no one's fault.

2. Listen to breakup music. It's therapeutic because the singer is aching along with you. I recommend Damien Rice's "O" album or Nick Cave's "Let Love In."

3. Avoid sentimental romance movies. They'll just depress you.

4. Rally your friends for frequent social activities. I cannot stress the importance of this. Otherwise, you'll think of your ex even more.

5. Don't listen to Barbara DeAngelis. Bitch is crazy.

6. The book "How to Survive the Loss of a Love" is GREAT and helpful. Check it out.

7. For the time being, remove all traces of your ex. This includes gifts he's given you, too. Put it all away in a box and stuff it into the attic. How are you supposed to get over him if you have constant reminders of him staring at you in the face?

8. Don't start dating someone new right away. If you need to get laid, fine. But don't date anyone steadily or start developing feelings for someone new. Trust me--if you do, this will bite you on the ass.

9. If your ex still has shit over at your place, arrange a "come get your shit" day. And when he comes over, be friendly, offer a hug or kiss on the cheek...but be ready for his seduction attempts. All guys try it. I know I have. Men are disgusting.

10. If you need to, see a counselor. There's no shame in it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/20/05 2:59pm

thesexofit

avatar




That is the album to hear.


Get past the "image" please. U know diane warren songs r the best 4 breaking up love....."when I'm back on my feet again" "time love and tenderness".....them songs could uplift a suicidal person.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/20/05 3:03pm

VoicesCarry

thesexofit said:




That is the album to hear.


Get past the "image" please. U know diane warren songs r the best 4 breaking up love....."when I'm back on my feet again" "time love and tenderness".....them songs could uplift a suicidal person.


Actually Michael Bolton has been known to induce suicidal tendencies in many listeners.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/20/05 3:09pm

thesexofit

avatar

VoicesCarry said:

thesexofit said:




That is the album to hear.


Get past the "image" please. U know diane warren songs r the best 4 breaking up love....."when I'm back on my feet again" "time love and tenderness".....them songs could uplift a suicidal person.


Actually Michael Bolton has been known to induce suicidal tendencies in many listeners.


biggrin Iam serious but I guess Michael Bolton is a hard sell.

Oh right have it ur way.....go play some depressing shit that makes u think blah blah blah "life's actually shit" sort of thing.....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/20/05 3:20pm

MsMisha319

avatar

Case said:

Being a guru on the subject of breaking up, here's my advice (in no order)

1. Try to avoid blaming yourself or him. It just happened. Ultimately, it's no one's fault.
2. Listen to breakup music. It's therapeutic because the singer is aching along with you. I recommend Damien Rice's "O" album or Nick Cave's "Let Love In."

3. Avoid sentimental romance movies. They'll just depress you.

4. Rally your friends for frequent social activities. I cannot stress the importance of this. Otherwise, you'll think of your ex even more.

5. Don't listen to Barbara DeAngelis. Bitch is crazy.

6. The book "How to Survive the Loss of a Love" is GREAT and helpful. Check it out.

7. For the time being, remove all traces of your ex. This includes gifts he's given you, too. Put it all away in a box and stuff it into the attic. How are you supposed to get over him if you have constant reminders of him staring at you in the face?

8. Don't start dating someone new right away. If you need to get laid, fine. But don't date anyone steadily or start developing feelings for someone new. Trust me--if you do, this will bite you on the ass.

9. If your ex still has shit over at your place, arrange a "come get your shit" day. And when he comes over, be friendly, offer a hug or kiss on the cheek...but be ready for his seduction attempts. All guys try it. I know I have. Men are disgusting.

10. If you need to, see a counselor. There's no shame in it.



Unfortunately, if we do break up, it will be my fault sad

We are still working on it though

Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/20/05 3:30pm

Case

MsMisha319 said:

Case said:

Being a guru on the subject of breaking up, here's my advice (in no order)

1. Try to avoid blaming yourself or him. It just happened. Ultimately, it's no one's fault.
2. Listen to breakup music. It's therapeutic because the singer is aching along with you. I recommend Damien Rice's "O" album or Nick Cave's "Let Love In."

3. Avoid sentimental romance movies. They'll just depress you.

4. Rally your friends for frequent social activities. I cannot stress the importance of this. Otherwise, you'll think of your ex even more.

5. Don't listen to Barbara DeAngelis. Bitch is crazy.

6. The book "How to Survive the Loss of a Love" is GREAT and helpful. Check it out.

7. For the time being, remove all traces of your ex. This includes gifts he's given you, too. Put it all away in a box and stuff it into the attic. How are you supposed to get over him if you have constant reminders of him staring at you in the face?

8. Don't start dating someone new right away. If you need to get laid, fine. But don't date anyone steadily or start developing feelings for someone new. Trust me--if you do, this will bite you on the ass.

9. If your ex still has shit over at your place, arrange a "come get your shit" day. And when he comes over, be friendly, offer a hug or kiss on the cheek...but be ready for his seduction attempts. All guys try it. I know I have. Men are disgusting.

10. If you need to, see a counselor. There's no shame in it.



Unfortunately, if we do break up, it will be my fault sad

We are still working on it though

Smooches;)



Relationships don't end on account of ONE person. It takes two to fuck things up. Don't carry all the weight of this on your shoulders. I've done that many times. It only makes it hurt worse.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/20/05 3:30pm

winterdusk

The bad thing about relationships is that if one keeps on loving or wanting to hav that relationship, and the other not, you cannot give "rational advices".

I just wish the best for you and your boyfriend. hug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/20/05 3:32pm

winterdusk

Case said:

MsMisha319 said:




Unfortunately, if we do break up, it will be my fault sad

We are still working on it though

Smooches;)



Relationships don't end on account of ONE person. It takes two to fuck things up. Don't carry all the weight of this on your shoulders. I've done that many times. It only makes it hurt worse.



Not necessarily, its just sometimes one of the members of the couple changes, has new needs, or expects other thing.
Love is not like Mathematics, we just cannot control how we feel. One day we can love intensely, and the next day not.

Just try to be understanding with him, dont blame on you all the time, and dont try to find a rational explanation for this.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/20/05 3:37pm

MsMisha319

avatar

Thank you all for your advice


Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/20/05 3:38pm

Natisse

hug Misha...hope you're ok and remember everything happens for a reason rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/20/05 3:41pm

althom

avatar

Oh yeah! If you break up....stay away from him! Don't go over to see him, don't contact him by phone or email either. If he get's a new girlfriend...don't contact him and go crazy saying that she's not good enough and just putting down the new girlfriend.

It's probably best just to stay away. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/20/05 3:43pm

MsMisha319

avatar

Natisse said:

hug Misha...hope you're ok and remember everything happens for a reason rose



Thanks, natisse


Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/20/05 3:51pm

MIGUELGOMEZ

Sorry to hear about your breakup. I'm sure it's for a good reason. Sometimes it just doesn't click. I was with this one guy for about 3 months and I kind of knew by then that it wasn't happening. I had to break up with him. The unfortunate part is that he was actually a nice guy. But this is not about me....

Good luck in any decision you make, I'm sure it will be the right one for you.

Miguel
rainbow
MyeternalgrattitudetoPhil&Val.Herman said "We want sweaty truckers at the truck stop! We want cigar puffing men that look like they wanna beat the living daylights out of us" Val"sporking is spooning with benefits"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/20/05 3:51pm

althom

avatar

MsMisha319 said:

Natisse said:

hug Misha...hope you're ok and remember everything happens for a reason rose



Thanks, natisse


Smooches;)

*cough*

hopes she looks up and see's althom's advice
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/20/05 4:16pm

MsMisha319

avatar

ALTHOM, thank you for your advice as well doh!

Smooches;)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/20/05 4:23pm

althom

avatar

MsMisha319 said:

ALTHOM, thank you for your advice as well doh!

Smooches;)

razz
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/23/05 4:37pm

psychodelicide

avatar

MsMisha319 said:

Well, we almost made it to the year mark.

Though I believe in my heart that it's the best thing to do, breaking up is hard to do bawl

But, it's not fair to stay in a relationship when your heart isn't in it. It's not fair to him.....So I shall move on....

Any suggestions on how to make "moving on" as painless as possible?

Smooches;)


hug Sorry to hear about this Misha, that sux! sad
RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/24/05 11:57am

sag10

avatar

No, it isn't fair to him!

Be gentle with him, Misha. hug
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect, it means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections... unknown
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/24/05 12:31pm

daPope

Copious amounts of liquor helped me through my split, though I wouldnt recommend it for everyone.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/24/05 1:46pm

damnedifido05

avatar

MsMisha319 said:

Well, we almost made it to the year mark.

Though I believe in my heart that it's the best thing to do, breaking up is hard to do bawl

But, it's not fair to stay in a relationship when your heart isn't in it. It's not fair to him.....So I shall move on....

Any suggestions on how to make "moving on" as painless as possible?

Smooches;)

hey sweet 1, well me and my man have seperated after 17yrs so my heart goes out to u, 2nite is my 1st nite alone, and im so , so sad, so shame ur not any closer, we could of shared a bottle of wine and wept, oh well be strong my dear and keep ur head up, u will always have ur peeps on here hug
Pardon me for living', but this is my world too!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Me and my boyfriend are breaking up