independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Silk Sonic - Part 2
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/28/21 6:18pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Silk Sonic - Part 2

The previous thread self-locked.

The guys performed at the BET Soul Train Awards, and did "Fly As Me."

However, the setting of the video is so great. If everyone wasn't wearing a stupid mask, it'd have almost been a lost performance from 40 years ago.

But the whole aesthetic is so fun. What a great throwback. I love how he can really take something old and instead of just imitating it, he remakes it for the 21st century.

The pre-chorus reminds me of part of "Shining Star" from Earth Wind & Fire. ("I don't ask for muuuuch..." listen to that part. It's like "Shining star for you and me...") Andersen's voice in this song reminds me of US3 or Digable Planets.

They even name check, probably unintentional, "Fire and Desire."

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/29/21 6:28am

Shawy89

avatar

The YT links:

Smokin' Out the Window https://www.youtube.com/w...yATbsjxbLo

Fly As Me https://www.youtube.com/w...QQ-87RSCRM

_________

This *trick* got me payin' rent lol

Awesome, fun performances. I love how Bruno is just a natural background dancer/singer, the way he let Anderson shine throughout the Fly As Me performance.

Incredible energy and chemistry between them.

Can't wait for Put On a Smile, Blast Off and After Last Night performances razz

By the way, @TrivialPursuit, what do you think of the album now that it's been some time since it's been out?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/29/21 7:36am

Cinny

avatar

cool Great stuff.

I was a little vexed when they "could not be there" to receive a trophy though. confuse

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/29/21 2:18pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Cinny said:

cool Great stuff.

I was a little vexed when they "could not be there" to receive a trophy though. confuse


They're still putting out their cigs.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/29/21 5:40pm

Free2BMe

Silk Sonic’s performance was FIRE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/29/21 5:42pm

Free2BMe

Shawy89 said:

The YT links:



Smokin' Out the Window https://www.youtube.com/w...yATbsjxbLo


Fly As Me https://www.youtube.com/w...QQ-87RSCRM



_____



This *trick* got me payin' rent lol


Awesome, fun performances. I love how Bruno is just a natural background dancer/singer, the way he let Anderson shine throughout the Fly As Me performance.


Incredible energy and chemistry between them.



Can't wait for Put On a Smile, Blast Off and After Last Night performances razz



By the way, @TrivialPursuit, what do you think of the album now that it's been some time since it's been out?



💯 agree.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/29/21 6:31pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Shawy89 said:

By the way, @TrivialPursuit, what do you think of the album now that it's been some time since it's been out?


I've had it on a few times. I still enjoy it.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/30/21 9:34am

funkypixie

If they do a proper tour I hope its more of a band set up with Paak on drums and Mars on guitar/keys. I saw some photos from the album release party and that seemed to be the set up so hopefully they will. The Temptations/Jacksons/O'Jays thing is cool but I'd really like to see them stretch out on some of these songs live.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/30/21 3:33pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I totally missed that someone had thread going. Let's go over there. It'll not self-lock until January: https://prince.org/msg/8/467990

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/30/21 8:09pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

TrivialPursuit said:

I totally missed that someone had thread going. Let's go over there. It'll not self-lock until January: https://prince.org/msg/8/467990


yeahthat giggle lock

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Silk Sonic - Part 2