independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Tina Turner - Foreign Affair Deluxe
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/03/21 4:19pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Tina Turner - Foreign Affair Deluxe

Tina Turner announced on her social media that an expanded edition of Foreign Affair will be released soon, via Rhino Records.

She says, "On 16th July, I will be releasing the deluxe edition of Foreign Affair, in a special 4CD/1DVD box. Also available on black 2LP, white 2LP (selected retailers), 2CD and digital!"

Preorder here.

From Rhino's site:

As one of the biggest albums of the ‘80s, FOREIGN AFFAIR showcased Tina Turner at her very best, further cementing her position as The Queen of Rock ‘n Roll. Celebrated in this 2LP white vinyl edition, it includes the original album fully remastered for the first time.

FOREIGN AFFAIR was Tina’s third studio album since her dramatic global resurgence, following the monumental success of PRIVATE DANCER (1984) and BREAK EVERY RULE (1986), as well as her lead role in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome in 1985. It went on to be a multi-platinum record across the world, including UK, Germany, Switzerland, Canada, Australia and many more. The biggest track to come from the album was the 80s anthem, “The Best.” The track continues to transcend generations, with one of the most recognizable choruses in music history. On top of "The Best," the album is complimented by several Tina favorites such as "Steamy Windows," "I Don’t Wanna Lose You" and the title track "Foreign Affair."


E292ObDXMAMGueV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

tt_fa_3d_front_whitevinyl-optimised.jpgtt_fa_3d_front_blackvinyl-optimised.jpgtt_fa_2cd-optimised.jpg

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/03/21 6:30pm

kitbradley

avatar

I was hoping for "Break Every Rule". There are some B sides from that album that still remain unreleased on CD and digitally.
"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/09/21 5:37am

Matthaus

I really like this album, even if it has some songs that lag on a bit, and it would benefit from remastering. Can't wait!!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/09/21 5:50am

Matthaus

I've just heard this music Sounds super cool!

The Best (Demo Version)

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/15/21 2:41pm

WukkaWahWah

Now this is what you call value for money! Less than £30 for a 4CD/1DVD box set.

The Prince Estate could learn a thing or two from this, on how not to take advantage of fans and stop charging them hugely inflated prices.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/15/21 7:49pm

kitbradley

avatar

WukkaWahWah said:

Now this is what you call value for money! Less than £30 for a 4CD/1DVD box set.

The Prince Estate could learn a thing or two from this, on how not to take advantage of fans and stop charging them hugely inflated prices.

But, other than one demo, there's no previously unreleased material on this release. Hardcore fans are willing to pay for vault material. As much as I love Tina, I will be skipping this purchase. I'm only interested in a couple of tracks, which I will download the MP3s. Although I do agree SOTT was way over-priced.

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/16/21 4:39pm

lastdecember

avatar

Definitely a lot for your money like it or not. With these kinds of sets I almost never go for the vinyl, I will get the regular album vinyl, or maybe if there is a vinyl with 12 inch mixes I will go for that, I do go for demos and alternate unreleased takes and things that were not properly finished mastered etc...on vinyl because of the huge cost of them making vinyl now, I don't see the need for the vinyl experience for things not even finished, it's rare I ever go back and relisten to demos and unreleased tracks I do on occasion but it's pretty rare.


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/17/21 3:05pm

kitbradley

avatar

Sometimes I end up liking the demo version of a song more than the final version. Although I love the final versions, here are some examples of demos that I prefer:

"Bad Girls" (Demo) - Donna Summer

"Love Is A Battlefield" (Demo) - Pat Benetar

"Keep Givin' Me Lovin'" (Demo) - Chaka Khan

"Superlife" (Demo) - Chaka Khan

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/17/21 11:00pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kitbradley said:

Sometimes I end up liking the demo version of a song more than the final version. Although I love the final versions, here are some examples of demos that I prefer:

"Bad Girls" (Demo) - Donna Summer

"Love Is A Battlefield" (Demo) - Pat Benetar


"Bad Girls" is an interesting take. It could've served as a 12" remix or something.

LIAB is a mess. It reminds me of when Prince would tell Morris Hayes to just record everything he wanted, and Prince would edit it down later. This sounds like the before. It's way too busy.

"The Best" is really good as a demo. Definitely has a rougher edge to it. I don't mind the arrangement at all.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/18/21 7:04am

Matthaus

TrivialPursuit said:

kitbradley said:

Sometimes I end up liking the demo version of a song more than the final version. Although I love the final versions, here are some examples of demos that I prefer:

"Bad Girls" (Demo) - Donna Summer

"Love Is A Battlefield" (Demo) - Pat Benetar


"Bad Girls" is an interesting take. It could've served as a 12" remix or something.

LIAB is a mess. It reminds me of when Prince would tell Morris Hayes to just record everything he wanted, and Prince would edit it down later. This sounds like the before. It's way too busy.

"The Best" is really good as a demo. Definitely has a rougher edge to it. I don't mind the arrangement at all.

I feel like that about the Girls Just Want to Have Fun demo, even though the album version's pretty solid biggrin

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Tina Turner - Foreign Affair Deluxe