independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Janet-Come On Get Up vs. Rock witchu
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/01/21 4:57pm

alphastreet

Janet-Come On Get Up vs. Rock witchu

Which dance song of Janet’s from the 00s do you like better and why?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/01/21 9:16pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

They're different songs. "Come On Get Up" is a 4 on the floor banger. It was begging for remixes.

"Rock With U" is more of a low-key lounge thump. "Go Deep" is its cousin.

Even though "Come On Get Up" is a fun song, a tune like "Together Again" is superior.

But it's not a fair comparison between COGU and RWU.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/02/21 10:41am

alphastreet

TrivialPursuit said:

They're different songs. "Come On Get Up" is a 4 on the floor banger. It was begging for remixes.

"Rock With U" is more of a low-key lounge thump. "Go Deep" is its cousin.

Even though "Come On Get Up" is a fun song, a tune like "Together Again" is superior.

But it's not a fair comparison between COGU and RWU.



I felt like they’re both in the same key, hence the comparison

Come on get up definitely feels like it’s for a club and rock with u for a lounge
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/06/21 12:37pm

alphastreet

Anyone else who likes these songs?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/09/21 3:53pm

alphastreet

Anyone?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/12/21 4:03pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

alphastreet said:

Which dance song of Janet’s from the 00s do you like better and why?



Come on get up the live version was cheerful too in hawaii, it was on a VHS in 2000ish must be on YouTube
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/12/21 4:32pm

alphastreet

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

alphastreet said:

Which dance song of Janet’s from the 00s do you like better and why?



Come on get up the live version was cheerful too in hawaii, it was on a VHS in 2000ish must be on YouTube


Yes it’s on YouTube. I have my phases where I love to play the first three performances from the all for you tour, which I also went to and had 9th row! The come on get up and trust a try performance with its visuals made up for them not being released as singles
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Janet-Come On Get Up vs. Rock witchu