independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Madonna's Bedtime Story video now in HD on YouTube
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/22/21 1:13pm

Matthaus

Madonna's Bedtime Story video now in HD on YouTube

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/22/21 7:12pm

alphastreet

Love this song and video, one of the best of. Her career and I loved it instantly since it’s release.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/23/21 3:52pm

alphastreet

Also, the Brit awards performance of its remix is awesome
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/23/21 6:05pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

This seems to be an HD from Madonna's site, opposed to YouTube doing an HD "remaster" with an existing video (eg: Janet Jackson's "Control," "Escapade," "What Have You Done For Me Lately"). It looks really good, and it's a favorite song. I love that whole record. I may listen to it tonight whilst I sew.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/23/21 6:08pm

alphastreet

TrivialPursuit said:

This seems to be an HD from Madonna's site, opposed to YouTube doing an HD "remaster" with an existing video (eg: Janet Jackson's "Control," "Escapade," "What Have You Done For Me Lately"). It looks really good, and it's a favorite song. I love that whole record. I may listen to it tonight whilst I sew.



Bedtime stories was definitely a great era
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/23/21 11:45pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

alphastreet said:

TrivialPursuit said:

This seems to be an HD from Madonna's site, opposed to YouTube doing an HD "remaster" with an existing video (eg: Janet Jackson's "Control," "Escapade," "What Have You Done For Me Lately"). It looks really good, and it's a favorite song. I love that whole record. I may listen to it tonight whilst I sew.

Bedtime stories was definitely a great era


I love the Hooper production on a lot of it. And although Tupac was replaced, I simply love Me'Shell on her track. I don't think there's a bad song on it. (Whereas on something like "Erotica," I could do without those middle three songs).

About 13 years ago or so, I did my own version of the Bedtime cover, just because. It wasn't perfect, but I did find the font and sampled the colors. I was feeilng myself that day, and I don't regret it. I hate that it was reprinted upside down (with her face rightside up). Just shows how dippy a record company can be with an artist's vision.

I remember pics in a magazine, or even the jacket artwork, of her bedroom with the scroll-y M at the top of the wall along the crown molding. It was so lush and beautiful. It sucks that the album didn't get a proper tour with Evita coming soon after. She didn't cover it the way it deserved once she got to Drowned World Tour. But a few made it in there.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/24/21 3:40pm

Matthaus

The version as Björk wrote it before Madonna tweaked it is a very interesting song as well.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/24/21 6:09pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Matthaus said:

The version as Björk wrote it before Madonna tweaked it is a very interesting song as well.


I'd never heard that, and I have to say it's downright horrible.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/25/21 12:44pm

Matthaus

TrivialPursuit said:

Matthaus said:

The version as Björk wrote it before Madonna tweaked it is a very interesting song as well.


I'd never heard that, and I have to say it's downright horrible.

It's... quite different even from other stuff she released at the same time. There's this other version of it, which I think it's a bit more melodic, more attractive to listen to.

Edit: maybe this link works in the US.

[Edited 2/25/21 20:06pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/25/21 3:13pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Matthaus said:

It's... quite different even from other stuff she released at the same time. There's this other version of it, which I think it's a bit more melodic, more attractive to listen to.


Says not available, could be for the U.S. I found her album version of the other link (it was blocked, too.) But I couldn't see this one.

For me, Bjork is like if Yoko Ono actually had a smidge of talent.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/25/21 3:21pm

alphastreet

It wasn’t available for me either, would have loved to hear it
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/25/21 8:05pm

Matthaus

alphastreet said:

It wasn’t available for me either, would have loved to hear it

What about now?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/25/21 9:25pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Matthaus said:

alphastreet said:

It wasn’t available for me either, would have loved to hear it

What about now?


Yeah, but that's the same version I've heard earlier. 6 minutes of ear bleeding. LOL

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/26/21 3:09am

Hudson

avatar

It was a treat to revist this and in such great quality. I haven't seen the video since the early 2000s. Bedtime Stories was my favorite era, singles wise.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/26/21 9:31am

ufoclub

avatar

again... what the hell? This is not close to HD quality.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/26/21 10:14am

alphastreet

Hudson said:

It was a treat to revist this and in such great quality. I haven't seen the video since the early 2000s. Bedtime Stories was my favorite era, singles wise.



I loved it best for the singles and their videos as well
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/26/21 8:54pm

DotsofU

avatar

I'm gonna need HD treatment on Human Nature

goddamnn that video is good

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Madonna's Bedtime Story video now in HD on YouTube