independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > MAYER HAWTHORNE NEW SONG - M.O.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/18/20 3:52am

EmmaMcG

avatar

MAYER HAWTHORNE NEW SONG - M.O.

Mayer Hawthorne's 5th single from his forthcoming album. I say that and yet there's a good chance that a few of those recent songs won't be on the album. But anyway, here's the video, featuring The fabulous magician Krystyn Lambert.

https://m.youtube.com/wat...Ociy8jDMr8
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/18/20 9:48am

RJOrion

mayer hawthorne/tuxedo music, is the direct descendant of Hall & Oates music...and i love it
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/18/20 10:41am

SoulAlive

Out of all the recent songs that he has released,I like this one the best.Hopefully it appears on his new album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/18/20 1:07pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

RJOrion said:

mayer hawthorne/tuxedo music, is the direct descendant of Hall & Oates music...and i love it


Yeah I'm a big Hall & Oates fan myself so more like this would be nice.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/18/20 1:09pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:

Out of all the recent songs that he has released,I like this one the best.Hopefully it appears on his new album.


I kind of hope it's not on the album. In fact, I hope none of them are on it. Because if they are, it means we'll already have heard half of it before it's out. Give me 10 - 12 songs I've never heard before and I'll be happy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/18/20 2:15pm

SoulAlive

EmmaMcG said:

SoulAlive said:
Out of all the recent songs that he has released,I like this one the best.Hopefully it appears on his new album.
I kind of hope it's not on the album. In fact, I hope none of them are on it. Because if they are, it means we'll already have heard half of it before it's out. Give me 10 - 12 songs I've never heard before and I'll be happy.

biggrin you know that at least a few of these tracks will be on the album.I'd be disappointed if "M.O." was left off the album.It's a great song.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/18/20 2:38pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Love him.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/23/20 9:21am

RobotFix

avatar

S'wonderful.

Givin' up food for funk.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/26/20 10:06pm

SoulAlive

any news on the new album? Seems like it’s taking forever to arrive.

Also,doesn’t it seem like the latest Tuxedo album came and went very quickly? There was no big promotion,no major TV appearances,etc.I wonder what that’s all about.It’s a terrific album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/27/20 1:26am

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:

any news on the new album? Seems like it’s taking forever to arrive.

Also,doesn’t it seem like the latest Tuxedo album came and went very quickly? There was no big promotion,no major TV appearances,etc.I wonder what that’s all about.It’s a terrific album.


I haven't heard anything about when the album is supposed to be released. At one point it looked like it was supposed to be released around the same time as Tuxedo III but then it was "a few months later" and now it's a case of "who knows?". There's yet another new song on the way though. I haven't heard it yet but I've been told it's really good.

Yeah, no major TV appearances yet. Though they were on tour in Asia for a long time. Also, the album was released on their own label unlike their previous albums so they probably don't have the contacts they would have had before. I don't know, that's just a guess on my part.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/11/20 9:55am

IM001

He puts out so much stuff, it's really hard to keep up.

His 'Where Does This Door Go' album is fantastic by the way!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/11/20 10:57am

EmmaMcG

avatar

IM001 said:

He puts out so much stuff, it's really hard to keep up.



His 'Where Does This Door Go' album is fantastic by the way!



There's another new song out too. It's called "Only You".
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/11/20 1:33pm

SoulAlive

I heard the latest song "Only You" and it's OK....not great,just OK.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/11/20 1:53pm

SoulAlive

Emma,are you familiar with Kelly Finnagan? He released an excellent album last year,called The Tales People Tell....a very rich.lush,retro-soul album.It actually reminds me of Mayer's first album.I keep hoping that Mayer will make another album like that again.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/11/20 2:03pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:

I heard the latest song "Only You" and it's OK....not great,just OK.



😢
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/11/20 2:04pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

SoulAlive said:

Emma,are you familiar with Kelly Finnagan? He released an excellent album last year,called The Tales People Tell....a very rich.lush,retro-soul album.It actually reminds me of Mayer's first album.I keep hoping that Mayer will make another album like that again.



Nope, never heard of him but I'll check it out.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > MAYER HAWTHORNE NEW SONG - M.O.